Kodi Community Forum
Release TvTunes Addon - Retrieve & Play Soundtracks Whilst Browsing Your Library - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release TvTunes Addon - Retrieve & Play Soundtracks Whilst Browsing Your Library (/showthread.php?tid=173799)

RE: TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - capfuturo - 2014-05-16

@Rob/@NEOhidra: I too agree that your solution is having your themes in the sub-folder 'Themes'. As Rob said, this is the option for users with multiple profiles. Now if you add the 'need for speed' factor into the equation perhaps several things could be improved, even your network or share. Nonetheless, if you are willing to try the following (still using certain beautiful TvTunes features) and see whether you can obtain faster access times than what you are currently getting from the share whilst playing the themes, then it could be a viable option, however only if you can put a little bit of manual work in place, otherwise please dismiss my suggestion:

1) Use 'Support themes in sub directories' in TvTunes settings. This will progressively go downloading and saving your newly fetched themes inside the correct 'themes' folders of every movie/tv shows/music video folder, regardless of the XBMC user profile you are working on (this will avoid duplications like you see happening with combo 'multiple profiles/custom paths')
2) Every time you have a movie with the themes you want, move these themes to a location in your faster SSD.
3) Use the tvtunes.nfo capabilities to tell TvTunes where to go find the themes to play and play them.

If you tested this with a couple of movies and saw it could become an option for people wanting to have faster access times whilst avoiding theme storage/fetch duplication, please let us know.

RE: TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - NEOhidra - 2014-05-16

In short - your suggestion is to set TVTunes to search subdirectories for tunes. And then redirect via .nfo file to the actual location of the tunes? Sounds great will test it.

RE: TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - capfuturo - 2014-05-16

(2014-05-16, 23:28)NEOhidra Wrote: In short - your suggestion is to set TVTunes to search subdirectories for tunes. And then redirect via .nfo file to the actual location of the tunes? Sounds great will test it.
Exactly. You are on the button!

Obs: It may be (maybe not) faster, even when reading the NFO in the share to generate the playlist means some delay.

RE: TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - bbqbob - 2014-05-16

I am still experiencing a hang on XBMC when using TVtunes. Here is the log file.

The mp3 files for the themes are on the Samba share next to the video. I have turned on the samba username and password in the tvtunes setting. I also increased the delay play to 2 seconds.

When I open the list of TV shows, I can move up and down through the list fairly quickly. They delay to theme song playback is working and makes the menus more responsive. When I stop on a tv show longer than the delay, but have not selected to open it, XBMC will hang. It does not ever seem to come back alive no matter how long I wait. I can still log into XBMC via SSH even while the display on my tv is frozen.

This may be a problem with tvTunes, or maybe I have a greater audio problem. The audio from movies has played great, but when not playing a movie, I sometimes get a weird echo or delay to the bubble sound that is part of the Confluence menus.

RE: TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - NEOhidra - 2014-05-17

Well it suits me. I can live with that delay. The main reason i switched to custom path was that i didn't want to share my media with write access. Then i found out that if you have two profiles with movies names in different languages TVTunes will generate two different folders for every movie and there was a duplication. In exchange there was same speed improvement.

Now i will keep my shared media read-only and my tunes will be at one place. I will have to do some work by hand and will go back to a slower playback (slightly slower) but i do not mind it.

Thank you capfuturo.

RE: TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - bbqbob - 2014-05-17

Here is another log file. XBMC did not crash, but the theme playback was in fits and starts. Looking at the log file, I see
ERROR: CAESinkALSA - snd_pcm_writei(-32) Broken pipe - trying to recover
That doesn't look good to me, but I don't know what it means. I am guessing that it is not a tvTunes problem, but I don't know.

RE: TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - capfuturo - 2014-05-17

(2014-05-17, 01:11)bbqbob Wrote: Here is another log file. XBMC did not crash, but the theme playback was in fits and starts. Looking at the log file, I see
ERROR: CAESinkALSA - snd_pcm_writei(-32) Broken pipe - trying to recover
That doesn't look good to me, but I don't know what it means. I am guessing that it is not a tvTunes problem, but I don't know.

Broken Pipe usually indicates that the connection between the two ends has been lost. This could well be a audio issue related to hardware or XBMC settings and how the different audio components are interacting. If not an incorrect audio setting then it could be a bug in XBMC.

Do you have 'A/V sync method' turned on by the way?

@NEOhidra: my pleasure! The write-protected state of your media is something extra to consider: have in mind that TvTunes will require permission to write to the smb share (see config panel) when set to use sub-folder 'Themes' so it could save the fetched themes.

RE: TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - robwebset - 2014-05-17

(2014-05-16, 23:58)bbqbob Wrote: I am still experiencing a hang on XBMC when using TVtunes. Here is the log file.

Looks like you have a more serious problem with your setup, from your log:

Code:
16:28:21 T:139639960282880    INFO: CAESinkALSA::Initialize - Attempting to open device "hdmi:CARD=NVidia,DEV=0"
16:28:21 T:139639960282880    INFO: CAESinkALSA - Unable to open device "hdmi:CARD=NVidia,DEV=0,AES0=0x04,AES1=0x82,AES2=0x00,AES3=0x00" for playback
16:28:21 T:139639960282880    INFO: CAESinkALSA - Unable to open device "hdmi:CARD=NVidia,DEV=0" for playback
16:28:21 T:139639960282880   ERROR: CAESinkALSA::Initialize - failed to initialize device "hdmi:CARD=NVidia,DEV=0"
16:28:21 T:139639960282880   DEBUG: CActiveAESink::OpenSink - open NULL sink

Rob

RE: TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - NEOhidra - 2014-05-17

(2014-05-17, 02:22)capfuturo Wrote: @NEOhidra: my pleasure! The write-protected state of your media is something extra to consider: have in mind that TvTunes will require permission to write to the smb share (see config panel) when set to use sub-folder 'Themes' so it could save the fetched themes.

I am aware of that. As i said i will have to do some work by hand. Will start generating the tvtunes.nfo pointing to one of my custom paths.

RE: TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - jesselioce - 2014-05-18

Hi
I'm new here so sorry if this is the wrong feed. I have a problem with tvtunes ever since i updated to gotham yesterday. Sometimes i like to let the full theme of a show play but now after some time the screen with the show info changes into an osd with visualisation for a second or two like it was playing music and then it stops fully. It returns to the screen with show info and the theme restarts from the beginning. Even with short themes this happens after a couple of reloops. Are some of you having the same isue and if so any ideas how to resolve this?

Windows 7
Gotham 2.0.2
Aeon MQ5

RE: TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - wgstarks - 2014-05-18

(2014-05-18, 17:40)jesselioce Wrote: Hi
I'm new here so sorry if this is the wrong feed. I have a problem with tvtunes ever since i updated to gotham yesterday. Sometimes i like to let the full theme of a show play but now after some time the screen with the show info changes into an osd with visualisation for a second or two like it was playing music and then it stops fully. It returns to the screen with show info and the theme restarts from the beginning. Even with short themes this happens after a couple of reloops. Are some of you having the same isue and if so any ideas how to resolve this?

Windows 7
Gotham 2.0.2
Aeon MQ5

Best practice to post a link to a debug log of this problem. Make sure you turn on debug logging in system settings as well as add-on settings, and then reboot your system and recreate the problem. Any background scans need to be disabled to reduce the log size as much as possible.

RE: TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - robwebset - 2014-05-18

(2014-05-18, 17:40)jesselioce Wrote: Hi

Windows 7
Gotham 2.0.2
Aeon MQ5

Might be:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add-on:TvTunes#Known_Issues

RE: TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - jesselioce - 2014-05-18

It was idd the screensaver problem. I totally forgot i set it to start after 1 mimute. I feel stupid not to look at known isues. Thank you for the help

RE: TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - sahara - 2014-05-19

Hello guys,

this is my first post so please bear with me Smile

I installed the tvtunes add-on but it doesn't work, and I don't understand what I did wrong...
I manually added for two TV-Shows a theme.mp3 but it still wouldn't play them.

Please check the log, maybe you can figure it out.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=205350

Thank you very much!

RE: TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - capfuturo - 2014-05-20

@sahara: further information on your set up and what are you actually doing to play the themes would be useful. What are your TvTunes configuration options and what steps do you follow when you trying to listen to a theme, etc... I'd like to share a few observations in the meantime:

1) What is the skin you are using?
2) There is something not quite right on your debug. You should have debug level 2 and line 25 of your log doesn't quite agree with it:
Code:
21:06:24 T:3940  NOTICE: Disabled debug logging due to GUI setting. Level 0.
21:06:24 T:3940  NOTICE: Log level changed to 0
3) Is this a fresh install or did you install Gotham on top of Frodo? Same for TvTunes add-on: did you have it previously installed or is it a fresh install? What version of TvTunes are you using? A healthy installation is mandatory to get things working properly.
4) Have you followed all the steps specified in TvTunes wiki? (Link on 1st post of this thread)