Kodi Community Forum
Release TvTunes Addon - Retrieve & Play Soundtracks Whilst Browsing Your Library - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release TvTunes Addon - Retrieve & Play Soundtracks Whilst Browsing Your Library (/showthread.php?tid=173799)

RE: TvTunes Addon - Retrieve & Play Soundtracks Whilst Browsing Your Library - fubar013 - 2014-11-15

I've come across a similar problem. In my situation, when using TvTunes in normal movie/tv show file sections, themes will play when the television show is highlighted(not drilled down into the deeper menus), at the base root level of the section.

Under smart playlists, though, I only get TvTunes when I go into the tv show entry(ie: the season/episode section).

Is there a way, with smart playlists, to get tunes to play while just on the root level of the playlists?

RE: TvTunes Addon - Retrieve & Play Soundtracks Whilst Browsing Your Library - robwebset - 2014-11-16

(2014-11-15, 00:44)arithine Wrote:
(2014-11-15, 00:32)HuddaDudda Wrote:
(2014-11-14, 05:34)wgstarks Wrote: You can disable the Back in System. Just a work around I know, but might help.

Is there a link about how to disable it and what doing that does so I can test this myself too? I usually "back" out of seasons and noticed the double playing of the theme too. Also happens when you drill into a season. Would be nice not to keep playing. Just want it to play once when landed on in the list. Is this an addon or skin thing? I am using Aeon Nox 5

Go to Settings/Appearance/File lists and disable "Show parent folder items" this will completely get rid of the ".." buttons throughout Kodi so make sure you know how to do that through your input device (for the 360 controller the default is B)

It's not really an addon thing or a skin thing, it's just kind of the way Kodi works.

The only thing I can thing of for this sort of ".." problem is if you have two themes at different levels

i.e
How I Met Your Mother/theme1.mp3
How I Met Your Mother/Season 1/theme2.mp3

For this, if you went into the "How I Met Your Mother" season view - it would start playing theme1.mp3, then if you navigated into "Season 1" it would have to stop playing theme1.mp3 and start theme2.mp3 - this would be the same case for navigating back out of the directory.

Hope this makes sense.

Rob

(2014-11-15, 22:49)fubar013 Wrote: I've come across a similar problem. In my situation, when using TvTunes in normal movie/tv show file sections, themes will play when the television show is highlighted(not drilled down into the deeper menus), at the base root level of the section.

Under smart playlists, though, I only get TvTunes when I go into the tv show entry(ie: the season/episode section).

Is there a way, with smart playlists, to get tunes to play while just on the root level of the playlists?

I've not really done anything with smart playlist - I guess as they are "Smart" they could contain anything, so it's not until you go into them that XBMC flags them with the appropriate content that TvTunes can read. But as I said - I don't know a great deal about them!

Rob

RE: TvTunes Addon - Retrieve & Play Soundtracks Whilst Browsing Your Library - robwebset - 2014-11-16

The TvTunes Feature You Never Knew You Wanted!

Hi All,

I had an idea the other day. What about a TvTunes screen saver that will play you the theme tunes you have saved while showing you images that go with the given theme.

So I have put together a new feature to do this. Please try it out and let me know what you think.

The beta is available from:

https://robwebset.googlecode.com/svn/releases/script.tvtunes/script.tvtunes-4.5.1.zip

Things to note:
  • You will need to disable "Use Visualization if Playing Audio" on the XBMC Settings on the screensaver tab
  • I have only tested this on Gotham
  • Thanks to sphere for letting me use some of his code (it's much easier to build on something than write from scratch) http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=173734

Please feel free to put in requests (No promises, but I'll try and see if they are easy to add/change)

Enjoy!

Rob

RE: TvTunes Addon - Retrieve & Play Soundtracks Whilst Browsing Your Library - robwebset - 2014-11-19

Hi All,

I'm not sure if anyone has played about with the new screensaver support, but I thought I'd post the latest version:

https://robwebset.googlecode.com/svn/releases/script.tvtunes/script.tvtunes-4.5.2.zip

The change log is:

Code:
v4.5.2
- Improve Grid Layout (More Cells and improved dimensions)
- Added Slideshow Screensaver
- Added Crossfade Screensaver
- Add support for Theme Volume decrease (if set)
- Add Option to load extra images from "Artwork Downloader"
- Allow default TvTunes Theme scraper to be all search engines
- Add Extra loading thread to improve screensaver performance

So now we have 7 different screensaver designs:
  • TableDrop
  • StarWars
  • RandomZoomIn
  • AppleTVLike
  • GridSwitch
  • Slider
  • Crossfade

I hope I've got the "Artwork Downloader" support done OK - it's not something I normally use.

It's been a little quiet round here recently - so please feel free to post any comments/suggestions.

Rob

RE: TvTunes Addon - Retrieve & Play Soundtracks Whilst Browsing Your Library - Wanilton - 2014-11-19

Thanks Rob, work perfect, great idea. My Test was in kodi helix;

One request

One option for only show images, if theme is available.

RE: TvTunes Addon - Retrieve & Play Soundtracks Whilst Browsing Your Library - Lola Berwoots - 2014-11-19

(2014-11-14, 12:56)rob_webset Wrote: Hi All,

I'm sure I'm not the only one, but I have found fetching all the themes manually using the fetcher a bit of a pain!

I was wondering if there was a way of making this easier for the users. We can't create a database that contains copies of all the themes, that is because you them have to worry about all sorts of copyright law - something I don't want to worry about. We also have 4 different sites already that we scrape:

www.televisiontunes.com
www.goear.com
www.soundcloud.com
www.grooveshark.com

So I was wondering, is there a way we could make a "Master List" that is just a simple table that maps "TV Show/Movie" to target source of a preferred theme. Then when we have this list, we can allow an option to "Download Themes from Master List" and for every TV Show/Movie that does not already have a theme.

What are peoples thoughts? - I'm sure I can update the TvTunes code to read a file, but I don't have the time to go through creating the lists - are there any volunteers? (If we had some people start with just their own collections, then I think that would be a start).

If this is something people are interested in, then I'll start thinking of the best format.

Please post your thoughts on this.

Thanks

Rob

Hola Rob, a master list is a very good idea! If I used such list (and contribute to it) I think I would like it always to contain an up-to-date link to the highest source of audio quality for each theme available amongst TvTunes' supported on-line sources. Anything different, such as inferior audio qualities or alternative themes (overtures, specific tracks, closing theme, etc.) could be addressed manually I guess? Also, I think that the people that are happy to contribute to this really need to be committed in following a standardized criteria. They don't need to commit to do their whole library, but whatever they do, do it well for all of us. For instance, I can run manual searches (which by the way I love because I can find anything I want with TvTunes super-charged search engine!) for 10 or 20 movies a week, for the movies appearing in the master list as in need of a theme assignment or better quality. I will make sure these 20 movies get the best 'main theme' I could find from each online source (televisiontunes, goear, soundcloud and grooveshark) and feedback them the way TvTunes wants me to. Why for each one? Because I realised a few months ago one or 2 sources went down for a while until you resurrected them. If we have the mapping for the theme on each source, there will always be an alternative to the one that went down ;-), in most cases.

The other that comes to my mind is an option for contributing with TvTunes master list that can be switched off/on by us. If it is on and I fetch a theme that was not in the master list and TvTunes thinks it meets the criteria, I can tell TvTunes to include it in the master list if I also think it represents well as main theme. For themes already in the master list: if after the manual search I see that the theme I found is better than the existent one showing in TvTunes's master list, there should be a way I can replace the old by the new one, for that particular online source.

I think this is just a quick thought on what you are proposing and perhaps gathering more ideas, something great can continue being built.

I love your work and I thank you thank you {bis} for making TvTunes so powerful and enjoyable to use, always adding something new with a great interaction with us on the forum. I also want to thank all those here supporting and making TvTunes better, including skinners.

chao pesca'o,

Lola

RE: TvTunes Addon - Retrieve & Play Soundtracks Whilst Browsing Your Library - dpar - 2014-11-20

Tvtunes just started failing on me the last few days. I didn't make any changes myself. I was on 4.5.0 but I updated after the problem started to 4.5.2 to see if it would fix the issue, but it is still failing. Any ideas why? Here is a debug log:

http://pastebin.com/DZysCUKS

RE: TvTunes Addon - Retrieve & Play Soundtracks Whilst Browsing Your Library - teeedubb - 2014-11-20

(2014-11-19, 16:56)rob_webset Wrote: Hi All,

I'm not sure if anyone has played about with the new screensaver support, but I thought I'd post the latest version:

https://robwebset.googlecode.com/svn/releases/script.tvtunes/script.tvtunes-4.5.2.zip

The change log is:

Code:
v4.5.2
- Improve Grid Layout (More Cells and improved dimensions)
- Added Slideshow Screensaver
- Added Crossfade Screensaver
- Add support for Theme Volume decrease (if set)
- Add Option to load extra images from "Artwork Downloader"
- Allow default TvTunes Theme scraper to be all search engines
- Add Extra loading thread to improve screensaver performance

So now we have 7 different screensaver designs:
  • TableDrop
  • StarWars
  • RandomZoomIn
  • AppleTVLike
  • GridSwitch
  • Slider
  • Crossfade

I hope I've got the "Artwork Downloader" support done OK - it's not something I normally use.

It's been a little quiet round here recently - so please feel free to post any comments/suggestions.

Rob

Thanks for this update, it got the addon working again with helix.

RE: TvTunes Addon - Retrieve & Play Soundtracks Whilst Browsing Your Library - robwebset - 2014-11-20

(2014-11-20, 01:38)dpar Wrote: Tvtunes just started failing on me the last few days. I didn't make any changes myself. I was on 4.5.0 but I updated after the problem started to 4.5.2 to see if it would fix the issue, but it is still failing. Any ideas why? Here is a debug log:

http://pastebin.com/DZysCUKS

Looks like you are getting some form of error when you access soundcloud:

Code:
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
                                            Error Contents: cannot import name CertificateError
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.tvtunes\default.py", line 25, in <module>
                                                from scraper import TvTunesScraper
                                              File "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.tvtunes\resources\lib\scraper.py", line 17, in <module>
                                                from themeFetcher import TvTunesFetcher
                                              File "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.tvtunes\resources\lib\themeFetcher.py", line 31, in <module>
                                                import soundcloud
                                              File "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.tvtunes\resources\lib\soundcloud\__init__.py", line 9, in <module>
                                                from soundcloud.client import Client
                                              File "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.tvtunes\resources\lib\soundcloud\client.py", line 5, in <module>
                                                from soundcloud.request import make_request
                                              File "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.tvtunes\resources\lib\soundcloud\request.py", line 3, in <module>
                                                import requests
                                              File "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.module.requests\lib\requests\__init__.py", line 58, in <module>
                                                from . import utils
                                              File "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.module.requests\lib\requests\utils.py", line 25, in <module>
                                                from .compat import parse_http_list as _parse_list_header
                                              File "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.module.requests\lib\requests\compat.py", line 92, in <module>
                                                from .packages.urllib3.packages.ordered_dict import OrderedDict
                                              File "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.module.requests\lib\requests\packages\urllib3\__init__.py", line 16, in <module>
                                                from .connectionpool import (
                                              File "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.module.requests\lib\requests\packages\urllib3\connectionpool.py", line 34, in <module>
                                                from .packages.ssl_match_hostname import CertificateError
                                            ImportError: cannot import name CertificateError
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

Have you tried the latest Gotham - looks like you may be using an old version - maybe missing something in one of the libraries?

Rob

RE: TvTunes Addon - Retrieve & Play Soundtracks Whilst Browsing Your Library - robwebset - 2014-11-20

(2014-11-19, 21:11)Wanilton Wrote: Thanks Rob, work perfect, great idea. My Test was in kodi helix;

One request

One option for only show images, if theme is available.

Hi Wanilton,

Thank you for the feedback, this sounds like a good idea - I'll ensure it is in the next drop.

Note: The last beta broke the scraper - to work around this, go into the settings and re-select your scraper of choice - or just wait until the next beta Smile

Rob

Hi All,

Another beta of TvTunes, this one contains all the outstanding fixes that people have highlighted and the following:

Code:
v4.5.3
- Screensaver option to only use TV Shows/Movies that have themes
- Screensaver option to repeat theme while still images to show
- Screensaver option to skip remaining images if theme complete
- Improve automatic download of themes options

https://robwebset.googlecode.com/svn/releases/script.tvtunes/script.tvtunes-4.5.3.zip

As it stands I don't have any other Feature Requests/Bug Fixes to go in, so if no-one finds any issues with this one I will push it to the official repo (Most probably as version v4.6.0 - so it will automatically update any earlier beta) - so if you have any suggestions or issue - please feel free to post them on this thread.

Hi Lola, Thank you for your comments - having given it some more thought, I'm starting to think putting together a "Master List" could be more problematic that I initially thought - I think it would require some web server support on my side, the interface and then the addon updated to work out what themes are bing matched to the correct thing. All in all, too much of a pain.

Instead I have gone for improving the "Automatic Download" feature. It's not ideal, but makes use of the "Priority" setting to allow users to automatically download a theme if the priority matches. This was work that @capfuturo put a lot of research into ensuring there were good priority flags applied to things - so I'm hoping this will grab his attention Big Grin (He's been too quiet recently!)

Please let me know how everyone is getting on.

Rob

RE: TvTunes Addon - Retrieve & Play Soundtracks Whilst Browsing Your Library - PMisYMMV - 2014-11-20

Lower volume does not seem to take affect in firetv, but works fine on windows. Whatever setting I give, it always is on full volume.
Sorry if this is already covered. Can some one please help how to lower the tvtunes volume on firetv, or another way to fix it at a lower level outside UI

RE: TvTunes Addon - Retrieve & Play Soundtracks Whilst Browsing Your Library - iorifly - 2014-11-20

Rob, perfect! He was very pretty !!

I'm running in helix beta 3, work fine.

RE: TvTunes Addon - Retrieve & Play Soundtracks Whilst Browsing Your Library - Wanilton - 2014-11-20

@rob_webset, I have error script when try start for test via preview item in settings, if I wait screensave time, script run perfect

Code:
18:10:44 T:5000  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
18:10:47 T:5000   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IndexError'>
                                            Error Contents: list index out of range
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Program Files\Kodi\addons\script.tvtunes\saver.py", line 22, in <module>
                                                launchScreensaver()
                                              File "C:\Program Files\Kodi\addons\script.tvtunes\resources\lib\screensaver.py", line 1125, in launchScreensaver
                                                screensaver.start_loop()
                                              File "C:\Program Files\Kodi\addons\script.tvtunes\resources\lib\screensaver.py", line 462, in start_loop
                                                imageDetails = imageGroup.getNextImage()
                                              File "C:\Program Files\Kodi\addons\script.tvtunes\resources\lib\screensaver.py", line 340, in getNextImage
                                                return self.images[self.currentImageIdx]
                                            IndexError: list index out of range
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

RE: TvTunes Addon - Retrieve & Play Soundtracks Whilst Browsing Your Library - iorifly - 2014-11-20

Rob,

In visualization of Appletv, some images are stuck in the top of the screen.