Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 (/showthread.php?tid=174501)

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - MANswers - 2014-12-12

(2014-12-12, 10:54)Samu-rai Wrote: You can change the font colour under skin settings.

Thanks, this is perfect.

have another quick question. on another thread a user mentioned he had turned of unwanted playback items. I have not been able to find that in the settings. also, i turned on the menu in fixed mode, still the playback items is not steady. have to roll over the playback items to get to stop the movie or play or to rewind or fwd it.

(2014-12-12, 17:48)judocama Wrote: Hello, your skin is great...

Could you tell me how you have configure it?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks. Here's a few things i did.
1. Firstly its the same mq5 theme, that people are using here. I just customized it a bit with various addon's, scripts and files.

2. The view is poster lite, u can find that script here.

3. For the cd art to show up you will need two things, extended script (find it here), u will also need artwork downloader (here)
enable option to use local cd art in the artwork downloader plugin, once u've done that, u will have to hit update in solo mode in the collection / view section on top of the menu, else if the cd art is not per your liking u can hit "get more" in each movie menu to change your cd art.

4. I used Sony Sketch EF font, download it here. Its a bit of work, but u will have to edit the font.xml file. I had to edit each item, and restart xbmc each time to check on the changes. (location : C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.aeonmq5\720p)
credits to devilshura, he taught me how to do it.

5. I use Media Companion to scrape, find it here
You can customize ur media info, fanart, or thumbnail to ur liking through this.

6. I've used Aeon MQ5 TEXTURES to modify the look of the thumbail case. find it here
I am using devilshura's mod for the case.

7. I've used THEMATIC STYLES to customize the look of my menu, find it here

8. The media flags you see on the bottom are available here

For the colored flags look at devilshura's post #5
The instructions to enable the media flag is on the main post by the OP in the first post.

I've learnt a lot from this forum, i've started from the scratch just few months back, and still in the process of learning. Let me know if you want to know antyhing more specific.. i am happy to give back to the community where i learnt a lot.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - hiphutch - 2014-12-12

@MANswers

Thanks for the info. Your link in bullet point 8 seems to be broken. Which media flags did you use?

(2014-12-12, 19:59)hiphutch Wrote: @MANswers

Thanks for the info. Your link in bullet point 8 seems to be broken. Which media flags did you use?

I am sorry, i will fix that. for now please follow this thread.
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=185026
Look at devilshura's post #5
The instructions to enable the media flag is on the main post by the OP in the first post. U will have to enable it via a settings option. read the instructions on the first post for more info.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - Ovokx - 2014-12-12

(2014-12-12, 19:07)MANswers Wrote:
(2014-12-12, 17:48)judocama Wrote: Hello, your skin is great...

Could you tell me how you have configure it?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks. Here's a few things i did.
1. Firstly its the same mq5 theme, that people are using here. I just customized it a bit with various addon's, scripts and files.

2. The view is poster lite, u can find that script here.

3. For the cd art to show up you will need two things, extended script (find it here), u will also need artwork downloader (here)
enable option to use local cd art in the artwork downloader plugin, once u've done that, u will have to hit update in solo mode in the collection / view section on top of the menu, else if the cd art is not per your liking u can hit "get more" in each movie menu to change your cd art.

4. I used Sony Sketch EF font, download it here. Its a bit of work, but u will have to edit the font.xml file. I had to edit each item, and restart xbmc each time to check on the changes. (location : C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.aeonmq5\720p)
credits to devilshura, he taught me how to do it.

5. I use Media Companion to scrape, find it here
You can customize ur media info, fanart, or thumbnail to ur liking through this.

6. I've used Aeon MQ5 TEXTURES to modify the look of the thumbail case. find it here
I am using devilshura's mod for the case.

7. I've used THEMATIC STYLES to customize the look of my menu, find it here

8. The media flags you see on the bottom are available here

For the colored flags look at devilshura's post #5
The instructions to enable the media flag is on the main post by the OP in the first post.

I've learnt a lot from this forum, i've started from the scratch just few months back, and still in the process of learning. Let me know if you want to know antyhing more specific.. i am happy to give back to the community where i learnt a lot.

Looks awesome!

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - hiphutch - 2014-12-13

@MANswers Thanks, I was able to apply some of the fixes, but haven't tried the PosterLite layout yet as I am using the Helix RC and not sure if there were any changes between helix and gotham. Hopefully CutSickAss creates a helix one as well as it looks pretty cool.

I also recall seeing a bar mod a few months back that automatically changes the background color of the main menu bar based on background image. I don't recall if it was an addon or a theme. Has anyone tried anything like that?

Thanks.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - baroy - 2014-12-13

Hello, thank you so much for the skin it is awesome!!

Is there a way to add additional customized menus (e.g "my menu 3)?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - ZD5B - 2014-12-13

Hi
@MANswers, I was looking to change the fonts on my setup, my question there are 309 XML files in the 720p folder did u have to change all of them?

Thanks for the info.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - MANswers - 2014-12-14

(2014-12-13, 13:24)ZD5B Wrote: Hi
@MANswers, I was looking to change the fonts on my setup, my question there are 309 XML files in the 720p folder did u have to change all of them?

Thanks for the info.

No you dont need to edit 309 xml files, just one infact.
copy the font that you want to use for xbmc to C:\Users\<User>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.aeonmq5\fonts
Once u have done that.. you have to edit only one file Font.xml (better backup this file to a safe location, just in case you want to go back, or mess up something by mistake).
find it here..
C:\Users\<User>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.aeonmq5\720p

I suggest installing Notepad++ edit the xml in that.
Hit find and replace..
find
aeon_common.ttf
replace
*your choice of font.ttf*

find
aeon_mainmenu.ttf
replace

find
aeon_flags.ttf
replace

thats all you gotta change. you can change the size of the fonts as well, you might need to do that if the font spacing of your custom font might not align with the xbmc table cells.

i am attaching my font.xml file, if you plan to use the same font that i used Sony Sketch EF, you dont need to do anything, but just download the font and copy to the location i posted above.
link to download my font.xml file.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/x68hwygus6la156/Font.xml?dl=0

Link to download sony sketch ef font
http://www.cufonfonts.com/en/font/6570/sony-sketch-ef

You can change the colors of the title font as you see in my screenshots in blue in the settings of xbmc.
hint: look at the font color "ocean"

Hope this helps.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - MANswers - 2014-12-14

(2014-12-13, 13:08)baroy Wrote: Hello, thank you so much for the skin it is awesome!!

Is there a way to add additional customized menus (e.g "my menu 3)?

Yes, its easy.. look at smart playlists.
http://kodi.wiki/view/Smart_playlists

there are a few youtube videos for step by step instructions, give a search for the keywords i mentioned.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - ZD5B - 2014-12-14

Hello
@MANswers I couldn't ask for a better reply than the one you just gave me, Thanks MAN

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - tzortst - 2014-12-15

Is there any way to show the Year and Genre of a Movie in the Panel View?

It currently only shows the Duration and Director...

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - MANswers - 2014-12-15

Guys, have a quick question.
I have a couple of bluray disc's with extras or bonus disc's. Whats the best way to showcase them? I was wondering if it could be displayed just like the movie sets. Could someone walk me through an easy way of doing this? Say i have the movie "Avatar', the folder structure is this way.
\\server\movies\avatar
under this, the bluray files and folders such as are located with bdmv and index

do i need to create a folder such as Bonus within the movie folder? not sure.. Sad

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - Samu-rai - 2014-12-15

(2014-12-15, 05:48)MANswers Wrote: Guys, have a quick question.
I have a couple of bluray disc's with extras or bonus disc's. Whats the best way to showcase them? I was wondering if it could be displayed just like the movie sets. Could someone walk me through an easy way of doing this? Say i have the movie "Avatar', the folder structure is this way.
\\server\movies\avatar
under this, the bluray files and folders such as are located with bdmv and index

do i need to create a folder such as Bonus within the movie folder? not sure.. Sad

http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:VideoExtras

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - MANswers - 2014-12-16

(2014-12-15, 14:16)Samu-rai Wrote:
(2014-12-15, 05:48)MANswers Wrote: Guys, have a quick question.
\\server\movies\avatar

http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:VideoExtras

Samurai, thanks again mate.
i will look at this today and set it up.