Kodi Community Forum
Release gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on (/showthread.php?tid=177557)

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - klesk - 2017-11-20

(2017-11-20, 01:46)dmdsoftware Wrote: Thanks for testing.  I'll work on the issues you identified.

The never_stream = true is now fixed among a few other things:
 v0.1.1 (2017-11-19)- fix never_stream = true- add support for secure login for /, /list, /kill (to enable, run dbm_setup.py ./gdrive.db username username_to_create and run dbm_setup.py ./gdrive.db password password_to_use)- add "passthrough" mode (to enable, run dbm_setup.py ./gdrive.db passthrough true)- start work on settings- decode language codes into strings https://github.com/ddurdle/Python-GoogleDrive-VideoStream/raw/master/releases/GoogleDrive-VideoStream-alphatesting-0.1.1.zip
Ok, here is a short test report of the new functions
  •  credentials seems to work for /, /list, /kill with clear browsercache.
  •  with never_stream = true, only the playback of mp4 files seems to work, mkv doesn't work. On palemoon it loads endless, firefox states unsupported mime type (tested on localhost and server). Though, with passthrough enabled, i am able to download the mkv files, mp4 files still work with passthrough enabled. It takes a noticeable  longer amount of time to load.
  •  with never_stream = false mp4/mkv files playback like before, with very fast loading. When i enable passthrough with never_stream = false i only get a white window when i try to playback a file.
  •  sometimes the following error msg occurs, but doesn't seems to have noticeable effect on the running application.
Code:
----------------------------------------
Exception happened during processing of request from ('91.32.141.207', 40276)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/SocketServer.py", line 596, in process_request_thread
    self.finish_request(request, client_address)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/SocketServer.py", line 331, in finish_request
    self.RequestHandlerClass(request, client_address, self)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/SocketServer.py", line 654, in __init__
    self.finish()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/SocketServer.py", line 713, in finish
    self.wfile.close()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/socket.py", line 283, in close
    self.flush()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/socket.py", line 307, in flush
    self._sock.sendall(view[write_offset:write_offset+buffer_size])
error: [Errno 32] Broken pipe

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - dmdsoftware - 2017-11-20

(2017-11-20, 15:25)klesk Wrote:
(2017-11-20, 01:46)dmdsoftware Wrote: Thanks for testing.  I'll work on the issues you identified.

v0.1.1 (2017-11-19)- fix never_stream = true- add support for secure login for /, /list, /kill (to enable, run dbm_setup.py ./gdrive.db username username_to_create and run dbm_setup.py ./gdrive.db password password_to_use)- add "passthrough" mode (to enable, run dbm_setup.py ./gdrive.db passthrough true)- start work on settings- decode language codes into strings https://github.com/ddurdle/Python-GoogleDrive-VideoStream/raw/master/releases/GoogleDrive-VideoStream-alphatesting-0.1.1.zip
  •  with never_stream = true, only the playback of mp4 files seems to work, mkv doesn't work. On palemoon it loads endless, firefox states unsupported mime type (tested on localhost and server). Though, with passthrough enabled, i am able to download the mkv files, mp4 files still work with passthrough enabled. It takes a noticeable  longer amount of time to load.
  •  with never_stream = false mp4/mkv files playback like before, with very fast loading. When i enable passthrough with never_stream = false i only get a white window when i try to playback a file.
  •  sometimes the following error msg occurs, but doesn't seems to have noticeable effect on the running application.
Code:
    self.finish()
    self.wfile.close()
    self.flush()

never_stream = false & passthrough = true at the same time will result in stream not loading because google drive streams require a cookie to be set and cross-site cookie setting does not work.

Looking at integrating some third party HTML5 movie players to see if that resolves the issue with your MKV files.  I have mostly tested with MP4, AVI, etc.  I'll do further testing

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - klesk - 2017-11-20

(2017-11-20, 16:32)dmdsoftware Wrote:

Code:
    self.finish()
    self.wfile.close()
    self.flush()

never_stream = false & passthrough = true at the same time will result in stream not loading because google drive streams require a cookie to be set and cross-site cookie setting does not work.

Looking at integrating some third party HTML5 movie players to see if that resolves the issue with your MKV files.  I have mostly tested with MP4, AVI, etc.  I'll do further testing  

If you need some mkv testfiles, take a look at http://jell.yfish.us/. Also Kodi provides some testfiles for different format http://kodi.wiki/view/Samples.

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - dmdsoftware - 2017-11-20

(2017-11-20, 16:53)klesk Wrote:
(2017-11-20, 16:32)dmdsoftware Wrote:
(2017-11-20, 15:25)klesk Wrote: Ok, here is a short test report of the new functions
Code:
    self.finish()
    self.wfile.close()
    self.flush()

If you need some mkv testfiles, take a look at http://jell.yfish.us/. Also Kodi provides some testfiles for different format http://kodi.wiki/view/Samples
 Really nice finds.  Going to transfer them to a Google account for testing.  Will come in handy.

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - big world - 2017-11-21

Hi~

I love gdrive! thank you very much!

Is it possible to use .SMI subtitles? there is no problem to use .SRT subtitles.
I have too many .SMI subtitles and it is to difficult to change to .SRT.
How can I use gdrive with .SMI subtitles?

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - dmdsoftware - 2017-11-22

(2017-11-19, 00:06)klesk Wrote: Ok, i know this project is in an early stage and i don't want to pre-empt.
Here are just some first impressions and maybe some other things.

- dbm_display.py don't work, while i can access gdrive.db through dbm_setup.py
Code:
python dbm_display.py gdrive.db
usage: dbm_file.db

- OK, this is hard to explain and maybe a wanted behaviour. I will try my best to make it clear as possible.
    - Behaviour[A]
        - Client[A] connects and does nothing, Client[X]connects. Now both can start a different Stream.
    - Behaviour\[B\]
        - Client[A] connects and browse a folder but doesn't start a stream, Client[X] can't connect.

Code:
Select an account:
Exception happened during processing of request from ('123.45.67.89', 59534)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/SocketServer.py", line 652, in __init__
    self.handle()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/BaseHTTPServer.py", line 340, in handle
    self.handle_one_request()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/BaseHTTPServer.py", line 328, in handle_one_request
    method()
  File "/home/klesk/Python-GoogleDrive-VideoStream/resources/libgui/webgui.py", line 153, in do_GET
    mediaEngine.run(self, DBM=self.server.dbm, addon=self.server.addon)
  File "/home/klesk/Python-GoogleDrive-VideoStream/resources/lib/default.py", line 341, in run
    instanceName = kodi_common.getInstanceName(addon, addon_parameters.PLUGIN_NAME, mode, instanceName, invokedUsername, numberOfAccounts, contextType)
  File "/home/klesk/Python-GoogleDrive-VideoStream/resources/lib/kodi_common.py", line 583, in getInstanceName
    ret = xbmcgui.Dialog().select(addon.getLocalizedString(30120), options)
  File "/home/klesk/Python-GoogleDrive-VideoStream/resources/libgui/xbmcgui.py", line 31, in select
    print heading + ":" + line1 + "\n" + line2 + "\n" + line3
TypeError: cannot concatenate 'str' and 'list' objects

- Behaviour[C]
        - Client[A] connects and starts a stream, all other clients which try to connect get redirected to /play?count=x
          All Clients can watch the stream, even Client[A] can change the stream to another, while the other Clients can still watch the "old" stream. Also they are able to change the stream to the new stream when the change     the url to f.e /play?count=1. But all other Clients then [A] can't browse the folder structure. 

- Behaviour[D]
        - Client[A] connects and start a stream and gets disconnected. If he reconnects he will be redirected to the previous started stream, but can't go back to the folder structure.

Like i wrote before that a just some first impressions.
Besides that, it works really, really good. It streams like a charm.
Really great work. I am looking forward to the coming features.
I just nailed down the issue about the concurrency where multiple users impact eachother.  Was related to query parsing failing.  I've fixed it and tested, works now.  Pushing out in 0.1.2.

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - dmdsoftware - 2017-11-22

Code:
    self.finish()
    self.wfile.close()
    self.flush()

Seems that the MKV issue is related to HTML5 not supporting it -- https://stackoverflow.com/questions/21192713/how-to-playback-mkv-video-in-web-browser

That is why we get a download prompt for MKV with passthrough=true+never_stream=true (to force playback of original).  What is interesting is that if you don't use passthrough, it plays back (the MKV files I tested).  That's because when I let the plugin handle the streaming, it passes back the video type of MP4 even though it passes the video in original form (MKV).  Can you also test this?  It might be the case that as long as the audio and video codecs are supported by browser, the container really doesn't factor in just as long as the containers "looks like" MP4.

Also interesting, with passthrough=true+never_stream=true, if I load the plugin through Emby Server, it works.  So either the the Emby Server is intercepting and modify the container type to MP4 (which I don't think it is doing) or it's HTML5 player supports MKV natively which would debunks the HTML5 doesn't support MKV.

The nuts of it, I don't see this being a hurdle.  It will just be a matter of which way to implement the workaround best.

(2017-11-22, 17:34)dmdsoftware Wrote:

Code:
    self.finish()
    self.wfile.close()
    self.flush()

Seems that the MKV issue is related to HTML5 not supporting it -- https://stackoverflow.com/questions/21192713/how-to-playback-mkv-video-in-web-browser

That is why we get a download prompt for MKV with passthrough=true+never_stream=true (to force playback of original).  What is interesting is that if you don't use passthrough, it plays back (the MKV files I tested).  That's because when I let the plugin handle the streaming, it passes back the video type of MP4 even though it passes the video in original form (MKV).  Can you also test this?  It might be the case that as long as the audio and video codecs are supported by browser, the container really doesn't factor in just as long as the containers "looks like" MP4.

Also interesting, with passthrough=true+never_stream=true, if I load the plugin through Emby Server, it works.  So either the the Emby Server is intercepting and modify the container type to MP4 (which I don't think it is doing) or it's HTML5 player supports MKV natively which would debunks the HTML5 doesn't support MKV.

The nuts of it, I don't see this being a hurdle.  It will just be a matter of which way to implement the workaround best. 
 Some more tests.  The same MKV file loaded fine even on iOS through EmbyServer (iOS doesn't MKV natively).  

But when I tried a different MKV:
1) on Emby Server on PC -- playsback, no audio
2) through VLC -- playsback perfectly with audio (obviously this MKV and it's codec's fully supported by VLC's installed modules)
3) on Emby Server on iOS -- hangs loading

0.1.2 -> https://github.com/ddurdle/Python-GoogleDrive-VideoStream/blob/master/releases/GoogleDrive-VideoStream-alphatesting-0.1.2.zip

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - klesk - 2017-11-22

Code:
    self.finish()
    self.wfile.close()
    self.flush()

Great work. I can confirm that the multiple user problem seems to be resolved.
With what kind of browser do you test with ? I tested 3 different ones and had different results.

passthrough=false, never_stream=true
- Pale Moon, Firefox still fail like before.
- Google Chrome on Android works
- MPV ( mediaplayer ) also works

The application pass back the Content-Type: video/x-matroska.
If you wish i can send you a sample of a "nonworking" mkv file, but i think, the only solution for FF and the most other browser will be to use a external application like vlc, mpv etc.
I am not familiar with Emby Server and how i can load the plugin through it, but i will take a look at it.

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - cat2115 - 2017-11-23

I used gdrive addon for DKnlght addon but video not play. It loading but not play.  I check the video and it uses hxxps://doc-0g-00-docs.googleusercontent.com
kodi.log

Code:
def VIMEO(Video_ID):
        SID=re.compile('/d/(.+?)/preview').findall(Video_ID)[0]
        URL = "https://docs.google.com/file/d/"+str(SID)        
        VideoURL = 'plugin://plugin.video.gdrive?mode=streamURL&url=' +URL
        return VideoURL   

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - dmdsoftware - 2017-11-23

(2017-11-22, 23:05)klesk Wrote:
(2017-11-20, 15:25)klesk Wrote: Ok, here is a short test report of the new functions
Code:
    self.finish()
    self.wfile.close()
    self.flush()

With what kind of browser do you test with ? I tested 3 different ones and had different results.

If you wish i can send you a sample of a "nonworking" mkv file, but i think, the only solution for FF and the most other browser will be to use a external application like vlc, mpv etc.
I am not familiar with Emby Server and how i can load the plugin through it, but i will take a look at it. 
 Here is the HTML5 compatibility list:
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTML/Supported_media_formats#Browser_compatibility

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - klesk - 2017-11-23

(2017-11-23, 15:10)dmdsoftware Wrote:
(2017-11-22, 23:05)klesk Wrote:
(2017-11-22, 17:34)dmdsoftware Wrote: Seems that the MKV issue is related to HTML5 not supporting it -- https://stackoverflow.com/questions/21192713/how-to-playback-mkv-video-in-web-browser

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTML/Supported_media_formats#Browser_compatibility  
Hi,may you could help me with setting up emby-server with the plugin, i really want to take a look at it.
Do i need the STRMs from the KODI Plugin and how i can access die plugin through emby-server ?

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - dmdsoftware - 2017-11-24

(2017-11-23, 19:11)klesk Wrote:
(2017-11-23, 15:10)dmdsoftware Wrote:
(2017-11-22, 23:05)klesk Wrote: Great work. I can confirm that the multiple user problem seems to be resolved.

Hi,may you could help me with setting up emby-server with the plugin, i really want to take a look at it.
Do i need the STRMs from the KODI Plugin and how i can access die plugin through emby-server ? 
I will message you directly.  I'm not sure there will be any value in Emby Server for you, but you are more then welcome to try my running instance to check your media etc.  The only reason I had interest in Emby Server was the ability to easily access my media anywhere (including on ios devices).  It uses STRM and imports like in KODI.

I think with the server-managed plugin mode, I'll be able to use one of the KODI-forks available in the app store since the requirement for addon support will optional.

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - dmdsoftware - 2017-12-05

(2017-11-21, 07:52)big world Wrote: Hi~

I love gdrive! thank you very much!

Is it possible to use .SMI subtitles? there is no problem to use .SRT subtitles.
I have too many .SMI subtitles and it is to difficult to change to .SRT.
How can I use gdrive with .SMI subtitles?
I opened a request here: https://github.com/ddurdle/GDrive-for-KODI/issues/156

We'll need to convert them (in memory) prior to loading, something similar to what is being done for VVT.