Kodi Community Forum
Release gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on (/showthread.php?tid=177557)

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - mjmcnulty10 - 2014-11-25

I'm unable to use after successfully installing. It is displaying an invalid username/password or permission error

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - dmdsoftware - 2014-11-26

(2014-11-25, 23:46)mjmcnulty10 Wrote: I'm unable to use after successfully installing. It is displaying an invalid username/password or permission error

Did you use a prior version of the plugin?

I assume no. In that case, you may have 2 factor authentication or application passwords set on your account, which is perfectly fine -- I do as well. Log into Google on a web browser, and in under Account, select Security. There is an options "App passwords". Select settings and define an app and use that password in the plugin.

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - hans01 - 2014-11-27

(2014-11-24, 14:25)dmdsoftware Wrote: I'm doing some serious digging around in the XBMC player classes to see if this can be improved on, to actually decrypt the content using XBMC's player.
Actually, this sounds like an interesting approach. Did you find anything in the player classes that would allow an on-the-fly decryption? Where exactly are you looking, maybe I can also take a look?

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - dmdsoftware - 2014-11-27

(2014-11-27, 19:31)hans01 Wrote:
(2014-11-24, 14:25)dmdsoftware Wrote: I'm doing some serious digging around in the XBMC player classes to see if this can be improved on, to actually decrypt the content using XBMC's player.
Actually, this sounds like an interesting approach. Did you find anything in the player classes that would allow an on-the-fly decryption? Where exactly are you looking, maybe I can also take a look?

I couldn't find any class methods that you could tap into from a plugin. Any changes would have to be made to the XBMC source.

A cleaner approach might be to have a plugin (or a piece of code) act as a proxy server that decrypts the stream on-the-fly.

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - hans01 - 2014-11-27

(2014-11-27, 21:40)dmdsoftware Wrote:
(2014-11-27, 19:31)hans01 Wrote:

I couldn't find any class methods that you could tap into from a plugin. Any changes would have to be made to the XBMC source.

A cleaner approach might be to have a plugin (or a piece of code) act as a proxy server that decrypts the stream on-the-fly.
Yeah, probably. How would one pass the decrypted stream from that plugin to xbmc? Are there other ways than using a cache file, like the way your plugin is using right now?

EDIT: you mean something along the lines of this? http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=95369

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - dmdsoftware - 2014-11-28

(2014-11-27, 21:50)hans01 Wrote:
(2014-11-27, 21:40)dmdsoftware Wrote:
(2014-11-27, 19:31)hans01 Wrote: Actually, this sounds like an interesting approach. Did you find anything in the player classes that would allow an on-the-fly decryption? Where exactly are you looking, maybe I can also take a look?

Yeah, probably. How would one pass the decrypted stream from that plugin to xbmc? Are there other ways than using a cache file, like the way your plugin is using right now?

EDIT: you mean something along the lines of this? http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=95369

It wouldn't be like the way I'm doing it now with disk cache mode, where I'm downloading the file outside of XBMC (in a urllib2 session), and then pointing XBMC to it like a local file. Instead I'd need to supply XBMC a HTTP link that links back to a local proxy. The proxy would stream the encrypted data from Google Drive and decrypt it in memory, chunk by chunk. It would never need to store anything, even temporarily.

Ya, it would be as simple as that. Something light that can run within XBMC would be fantastic, yet portable to be used for other situations.

EDIT:

I see others have already extended that XBMCLocalProxy to handle secure streaming Akamai -> http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=137245

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - ashlar - 2014-11-28

(2014-11-24, 15:26)dmdsoftware Wrote: I'll make sure it is in the next release. There is a nice surprise coming into the next release that will make everyone want to update. Early this week, if all goes well.
I suppose something went wrong but the wait is kind of killing me... come on, give us at least some hints regarding this upcoming surprise. Smile

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - dmdsoftware - 2014-11-28

(2014-11-28, 22:56)ashlar Wrote:
(2014-11-24, 15:26)dmdsoftware Wrote: I'll make sure it is in the next release. There is a nice surprise coming into the next release that will make everyone want to update. Early this week, if all goes well.
I suppose something went wrong but the wait is kind of killing me... come on, give us at least some hints regarding this upcoming surprise. Smile

A wind storm happened on Monday afternoon that knocked a tree down on my property, so got occupied Tuesday - Wednesday dealing with it.

I'm not sure if the surprise would benefit you as it isn't related to the disk-cache or encryption recently discussed.

It's about library integration and media classification. By the means are better than the end result, because the means opens up some other avenues (sorry, that's really en-cryptic).
[non en-cryptic version: I'm going to tap into Google Spreadsheet API to allow the user to "cache" their drive content, which will allow them to manage aspects on how the content is viewed (bookmarks/pinning, changing the names files appear as without changing their names in drive, attribute markers to the content (episode, season, thetvdb tags, etc) to allow for the start of easy library integration, show watch status, etc), which will allow for exporting STRM files that have accompanying NFO information for integration into XBMC, but also opens up other features like cloud sync and cloud playlists, etc.]

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - marslet - 2014-11-29

What about support for pictures? Will it be enabled un the next release?
Perhaps just for testing?

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - dmdsoftware - 2014-11-29

(2014-11-29, 09:55)marslet Wrote: What about support for pictures? Will it be enabled un the next release?

I'll push out a release enabling photo support (for testing purposes) tonight. I've been running it on one of the Raspberry Pis as a picture frame for over a month. Just so you are aware, XBMC player doesn't allow for loading picture files over non-local or non-samba/nfs locations. Like any other picture plugin, the plugin caches files locally for playback.

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - ashlar - 2014-11-29

(2014-11-28, 23:41)dmdsoftware Wrote:
(2014-11-28, 22:56)ashlar Wrote:

A wind storm happened on Monday afternoon that knocked a tree down on my property, so got occupied Tuesday - Wednesday dealing with it.
Damn, wasn't expecting something to go *so* wrong. Really sorry to hear this. Hope everything is fine.
Quote:I'm not sure if the surprise would benefit you as it isn't related to the disk-cache or encryption recently discussed.

It's about library integration and media classification. By the means are better than the end result, because the means opens up some other avenues (sorry, that's really en-cryptic).
[non en-cryptic version: I'm going to tap into Google Spreadsheet API to allow the user to "cache" their drive content, which will allow them to manage aspects on how the content is viewed (bookmarks/pinning, changing the names files appear as without changing their names in drive, attribute markers to the content (episode, season, thetvdb tags, etc) to allow for the start of easy library integration, show watch status, etc), which will allow for exporting STRM files that have accompanying NFO information for integration into XBMC, but also opens up other features like cloud sync and cloud playlists, etc.]
Actually... BRING IT ON!!! I was among the first to voice the need for library integration, so what you are describing definitely sounds great. Can't wait to test it. Smile

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - dmdsoftware - 2014-11-30

(2014-11-29, 09:55)marslet Wrote: What about support for pictures? Will it be enabled un the next release?

Picture support (not pushed to repository, testing only):
http://dmdsoftware.net/repository.ddurdle/plugin.video.gdrive-0.4.5.zip

Version 0.4.5
- add photo parameters in settings
- add content context settings
- enabled picture support for public testing
- implemented issue: Pictures support #5
- implemented issue: Music and Pictures? #1

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - marslet - 2014-11-30

(2014-11-30, 03:17)dmdsoftware Wrote: Picture support (not pushed to repository, testing only):

Version 0.4.5

Thanks. Status after testing:

- I can now see picture icons in picture folders
- bit I'm not able to load pictures in full screen?
- Playing videos is still possible, but I don't see video icons any longer...

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - dmdsoftware - 2014-11-30

(2014-11-30, 15:24)marslet Wrote:
(2014-11-30, 03:17)dmdsoftware Wrote: Picture support (not pushed to repository, testing only):

Version 0.4.5

Thanks. Status after testing:

- I can now see picture icons in picture folders
- bit I'm not able to load pictures in full screen?
- Playing videos is still possible, but I don't see video icons any longer...

When you click on a photo, it should download and view it. Does it ask you for a cache location?

If you right click on a folder containing photos and select slideshow, it should display and cycle through the photos in the directory.

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - marslet - 2014-11-30

(2014-11-30, 15:47)dmdsoftware Wrote: When you click on a photo, it should download and view it. Does it ask you for a cache location?

Yes - I've entered cache location, but it doesn't view...
Cache location is a local dir on the device (Fire TV with some flash storage). Should I try samba folder on NAS instead?

Quote:If you right click on a folder containing photos and select slideshow, it should display and cycle through the photos in the directory.

It says download, download.. but it doesn't view.