Kodi Community Forum
Release gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on (/showthread.php?tid=177557)

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - zukove - 2014-11-30

(2014-11-30, 15:47)dmdsoftware Wrote:
(2014-11-30, 15:24)marslet Wrote:
(2014-11-30, 03:17)dmdsoftware Wrote: Picture support (not pushed to repository, testing only):
http://dmdsoftware.net/repository.ddurdle/plugin.video.gdrive-0.4.5.zip

Version 0.4.5
- add photo parameters in settings
- add content context settings
- enabled picture support for public testing
- implemented issue: Pictures support #5
- implemented issue: Music and Pictures? #1

Thanks. Status after testing:

- I can now see picture icons in picture folders
- bit I'm not able to load pictures in full screen?
- Playing videos is still possible, but I don't see video icons any longer...

When you click on a photo, it should download and view it. Does it ask you for a cache location?

If you right click on a folder containing photos and select slideshow, it should display and cycle through the photos in the directory.

Same here. I choose cache location and it won't show the pics in full screen. Also the slideshow as you mentioned, doesn't work.
I'm running OS X Yosemite + Kodi the latest beta.

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - dmdsoftware - 2014-11-30

(2014-11-30, 17:21)marslet Wrote:
(2014-11-30, 15:47)dmdsoftware Wrote: When you click on a photo, it should download and view it. Does it ask you for a cache location?

Yes - I've entered cache location, but it doesn't view...
Cache location is a local dir on the device (Fire TV with some flash storage). Should I try samba folder on NAS instead?

Quote:If you right click on a folder containing photos and select slideshow, it should display and cycle through the photos in the directory.

It says download, download.. but it doesn't view.

Does anything show up under the folder you selected? files or folders?

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - marslet - 2014-11-30

(2014-11-30, 18:23)dmdsoftware Wrote:
(2014-11-30, 17:21)marslet Wrote:
(2014-11-30, 15:47)dmdsoftware Wrote: When you click on a photo, it should download and view it. Does it ask you for a cache location?

Yes - I've entered cache location, but it doesn't view...
Cache location is a local dir on the device (Fire TV with some flash storage). Should I try samba folder on NAS instead?

Quote:If you right click on a folder containing photos and select slideshow, it should display and cycle through the photos in the directory.

It says download, download.. but it doesn't view.

Does anything show up under the folder you selected? files or folders?

Yes, two folders with long names and one pic in each

[RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - bronxbico2 - 2014-12-01

After updating to 0.4.4 when try to show all video sorted alphabetically I get an error script failed notification any help would be greatly appreciated.

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - ashlar - 2014-12-02

Hi! Is there any way one could access files/folders shared with him? Say a friend sharing a folder with you, on the webapp you see it under "Incoming".

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - dmdsoftware - 2014-12-02

(2014-12-02, 20:04)ashlar Wrote: Hi! Is there any way one could access files/folders shared with him? Say a friend sharing a folder with you, on the webapp you see it under "Incoming".

I create a folder in "my drive" and somehow drag their shared files into it, then it becomes indexed in my drive. My account has hundreds of GBs this way.

I understand what you are asking for, and I'll see if there is a way to add it as a "shared" folders.

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - ashlar - 2014-12-03

Yeah, I know about that. You see stuff in incoming, you right click, add to your Drive, and it's done.

Just wondering if the above could be somehow done through XBMC or at least browse the files there. It's no big deal, really.

The thing that still leaves me perplexed is the impossibility of streaming the "right" way. No seeking till a file is all downloaded it's really limiting. Also, I tried playing back stuff using MPC-HC (as an external player, in XBMC) and it seemed to behave more "normally", allowing you to seek in the portion of file already downloaded.

I don't even know who the right XBMC developer would be to ask for help, as I feel many video formats would allow you to seek to a specific portion of the file, knowing which bytes to request (which is doable through the Range argument as per https://developers.google.com/drive/web/manage-downloads).

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - zukove - 2014-12-03

@dmdsoftware great job on the add on.
Is there a fix coming so we could see full screen photos? Its not working for me at the moment.

Thanks.

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - dmdsoftware - 2014-12-03

(2014-12-03, 14:33)zukove Wrote: @dmdsoftware great job on the add on.
Is there a fix coming so we could see full screen photos? Its not working for me at the moment.

Thanks.

Once I figure out the issue.

There are SlideShow and ShowPicture routines. ShowPicture is noted as "new" in "Gotham". If I use ShowPicture, it doesn't do anything (no errors, etc) in either 14.0 alpha or 13.0. Didn't test beyond this. Instead I use SlideShow for everything (even single picture), which works for me on 14.0 alpha, 13.0 and 13.2 on Raspberry Pi and Linux. I would suspect those having issues are selecting folders that are denoted differently and python doesn't know what to do with them (such as smb:// or special:// etc).

After you've set your picture cache path in the plugin, can you go into settings and provide me what the value it has set for it?

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - marslet - 2014-12-04

(2014-12-03, 18:50)dmdsoftware Wrote:

Thanks.

There are SlideShow and ShowPicture routines. ShowPicture is noted as "new" in "Gotham". If I use ShowPicture, it doesn't do anything (no errors, etc) in either 14.0 alpha or 13.0. Didn't test beyond this. Instead I use SlideShow for everything (even single picture), which works for me on 14.0 alpha, 13.0 and 13.2 on Raspberry Pi and Linux. I would suspect those having issues are selecting folders that are denoted differently and python doesn't know what to do with them (such as smb:// or special:// etc).

After you've set your picture cache path in the plugin, can you go into settings and provide me what the value it has set for it?

I've tried:

/storage/emulated/0/download/

and

/storage/emulated/0/pictures/

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - dmdsoftware - 2014-12-04

(2014-12-04, 16:36)marslet Wrote:

Thanks.

I've tried:

and

I don't like the sound of "storage emulated". I did look it up and see that is Android internal memory, and did get confirmation that there is likely a permissions issue for python accessing it within XBMC. There is likely a workaround for me to discover.

Now that I know it is an "Android issue", I know where to look. I have an old XBMC loaded on phone, so I'll debug using that.

Thx for the info

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - MattBlacK85 - 2014-12-06

Great to see extra features in the addon.
How about indexing video's to add them to the videolibrary?
Would be awesome!

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - dmdsoftware - 2014-12-07

(2014-12-04, 17:04)dmdsoftware Wrote:
(2014-12-04, 16:36)marslet Wrote:
(2014-12-03, 18:50)dmdsoftware Wrote: Once I figure out the issue.

I've tried:

and

I don't like the sound of "storage emulated". I did look it up and see that is Android internal memory, and did get confirmation that there is likely a permissions issue for python accessing it within XBMC. There is likely a workaround for me to discover.

Now that I know it is an "Android issue", I know where to look. I have an old XBMC loaded on phone, so I'll debug using that.

Thx for the info

Tried it on my android, with the same location, and wouldn't playback. So I'm able to reproduce the issue.

https://github.com/ddurdle/XBMC-gdrive/issues/14

(2014-12-06, 11:34)MattBlacK85 Wrote: Great to see extra features in the addon.
How about indexing video's to add them to the videolibrary?
Would be awesome!

Its being worked on

https://github.com/ddurdle/XBMC-gdrive/issues/15

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - zukove - 2014-12-07

Thanks.

the value in the "Photo cache folder" setting is /tmp/ (my /tmp/ dir on my Mac on the root dir of Macintosh HD).
Is that what you meant?

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - dmdsoftware - 2014-12-07

(2014-12-07, 16:18)zukove Wrote:

Thanks.

the value in the "Photo cache folder" setting is /tmp/ (my /tmp/ dir on my Mac on the root dir of Macintosh HD).
Is that what you meant?

It might be just XBMC not being able to see the files for some reason. When I tested last night on the android, I saw that the photos were being populated in the folder selected, but XBMC wouldn't do anything with them. I use /tmp/ on raspberry pi and have no issues playing back photos.

Still digging to see if a workaround can be found.