Kodi Community Forum
Release gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on (/showthread.php?tid=177557)

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - dmdsoftware - 2014-12-30

(2014-12-20, 12:59)marslet Wrote: Hi, the last day I haven't got the preview of the videos anymore ? Pictures still ok.
I'm on 0.4.7.

fixed:
http://dmdsoftware.net/repository.ddurdle/plugin.video.gdrive-0.4.8.zip

- fix for video preview image (problem introduced with 0.4.5)
- context improvements
- improvements for "show all videos by alphabetical order"

(2014-12-01, 03:52)bronxbico2 Wrote: After updating to 0.4.4 when try to show all video sorted alphabetically I get an error script failed notification any help would be greatly appreciated.

fixed in 0.4.8

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - dmdsoftware - 2014-12-30

I've merged 0.4.8 into the master branch (replacing 0.3.x). I'm going to be forking off a 0.5.x branch that integrates cloudservice framework that I use on other plugins. This is bound to break some components, but will allow me to accelerate the creation of features folks are asking for (that are not possible or more difficult to implement without it).

I'll be creating a separate repository for those wanting to test changes out while still having access to a working version.

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - ashlar - 2014-12-30

Which features? Smile

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - dmdsoftware - 2015-01-03

(2014-12-30, 22:36)ashlar Wrote: Which features? Smile

First off, happy new year.

I spent the day forking off the code to a gdrive-testing and moved the code over. I'm going through right now making sure none of the API calls folks might be using are still working.

The fork over is more based on moving forward. Right away, it will enable building STRMs and multiple google accounts, which is pretty lack luster. It was easy enough to build STRMs from a list of content from Google Drive. For multiple accounts, it's also easier to just merge them using Google Drive sharing. So nothing ground breaking.

Moving forward, the API becomes modular, so moving to Google Drive API 2 becomes an easy task. Also, tacking on other Google APIs like YouTube and Photos can be just a matter of a few lines of code change.

More so, it's easier to add new features and make code changes with minimum breakage of existing features. It has been worthwhile investment that has been paying off on the Hive plugin.

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - hansibull - 2015-01-04

Hi! I'm using the Confluence skin, and I want to add this app as a shortcut under the 'programs' section. The only problem is that this addon is maked as either Video, Music or pictures addon. So, how can I "fool" XBMC/kodi to think this is a program addon, and how can I be able to view all files (music, videos and pictures) at the same time?

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - ashlar - 2015-01-04

Can't you do that by adding it as a favourite and then adding a shortcut to it in the homescreen?

(2015-01-03, 04:09)dmdsoftware Wrote:
(2014-12-30, 22:36)ashlar Wrote: Which features? Smile

First off, happy new year.

I spent the day forking off the code to a gdrive-testing and moved the code over. I'm going through right now making sure none of the API calls folks might be using are still working.

The fork over is more based on moving forward. Right away, it will enable building STRMs and multiple google accounts, which is pretty lack luster. It was easy enough to build STRMs from a list of content from Google Drive. For multiple accounts, it's also easier to just merge them using Google Drive sharing. So nothing ground breaking.

Moving forward, the API becomes modular, so moving to Google Drive API 2 becomes an easy task. Also, tacking on other Google APIs like YouTube and Photos can be just a matter of a few lines of code change.

More so, it's easier to add new features and make code changes with minimum breakage of existing features. It has been worthwhile investment that has been paying off on the Hive plugin.
Thanks for the explanation. And Happy New Year to you too.

I still hope that sooner or later you'll have the time to look into the seeking stuff. Theoretically all elements seem to be present to enable perfect seeking (while still downloading, I mean). That would be great for resuming more than anything else, once the library integration is done.

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - dmdsoftware - 2015-01-04

(2015-01-04, 20:37)hansibull Wrote: Hi! I'm using the Confluence skin, and I want to add this app as a shortcut under the 'programs' section. The only problem is that this addon is maked as either Video, Music or pictures addon. So, how can I "fool" XBMC/kodi to think this is a program addon, and how can I be able to view all files (music, videos and pictures) at the same time?

The addon will be showing up under Programs soon, but probably not the way you intended it. It will be showing up there for purposes of playing back playlists and scheduled content and for streaming from a phone.

I'm not sure if it's possible to display a directory listing from Programs. I haven't seen any addons replicate "Video/Music/Picture directory" from Programs. There is already a setting to force all Media content (Video/Music/Pictures) to display when viewed under either Videos, Music or Pictures.

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - dmdsoftware - 2015-01-07

I'm already on a second iteration of the changes, 0.5.1.

Some folks have been testing over in the unstable repository at github.

I had created a "-testing" repository to allow testers to install a gdrive-testing without interfering with their working gdrive plugin

The repository is here:
http://dmdsoftware.net/repository.ddurdle-testing/repository.ddurdle-testing.zip

By installing the repository, you are always one-click away from updates.

Note though that STRMs created with this build will use gdrive-testing in the STRM, and will invoke and play in this version of the plugin.

Should only be used for testing, and existing STRM files you may have crafted by hand using the existing API shouldn't be used. The backward compatibility to ensure those playback without issue will be rolled in during testing, but be forewarned they may or may not work (after updating the .gdrive/ to .gdrive-testing

http://dmdsoftware.net/repository.ddurdle-testing/plugin.video.gdrive-testing/plugin.video.gdrive-testing-0.5.1.zip

Version 0.5.1
- fix: adjustment for building STRMs with subfolders
- fix subfolder STRM issue: Move to CloudService framework #16
Version 0.5.0
- major move to cloudservice API
- enable buildSTRM
- add multiple account support (default: 10 accounts)
- add cloudservice API files
- add crashreporting API files
- implemented: Move to CloudService framework #16
- implemented export to .STRM: Library Integration #15

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - Nimious - 2015-01-08

Hi there it's my first day using your fine add-on and this forum and so far it's been pretty enjoyable. However I've bumped into a problem.

I am getting "Script failed: gdrive". However it's for only one video and all other videos on my account work perfectly fine.

I'm at a loss as to what to do. Would re-uploading the file help?

Thanks.

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - dmdsoftware - 2015-01-08

(2015-01-08, 03:41)Nimious Wrote: Hi there it's my first day using your fine add-on and this forum and so far it's been pretty enjoyable. However I've bumped into a problem.

I am getting "Script failed: gdrive". However it's for only one video and all other videos on my account work perfectly fine.

Thanks.

Send me a private message with the name of the file (including type, MP4, MKV, AVI, etc), as well which version of the plugin you are using (0.5.1, 0.4.8, etc)

(2015-01-08, 03:53)dmdsoftware Wrote:
(2015-01-08, 03:41)Nimious Wrote: Hi there it's my first day using your fine add-on and this forum and so far it's been pretty enjoyable. However I've bumped into a problem.

Thanks.

Send me a private message with the name of the file (including type, MP4, MKV, AVI, etc), as well which version of the plugin you are using (0.5.1, 0.4.8, etc)

Actually I got it to work but not in a way that I expected. All I had to do was change the file name then the error no longer appeared. After that I could change the file name back to the original and it would still work.

Not sure why but yeah just reporting that.

I was on the latest stable 0.4.8 and it was a MKV file.

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - dmdsoftware - 2015-01-08

(2015-01-08, 05:03)Nimious Wrote:
(2015-01-08, 03:53)dmdsoftware Wrote:

Thanks.

Actually I got it to work but not in a way that I expected. All I had to do was change the file name then the error no longer appeared. After that I could change the file name back to the original and it would still work.

The majority of playback issues is the video is unprocessable by google (in that case, the streams will not be available but "original" playback will work -- "original" would be the only choice presented on stream selection screen). The other most common reason is something not nice in the title for the file. Because the title is passed along the way until the streams are fetched, if there is bad character or unicode issue with the title, then playback will fail. This issue is elevated in the 0.5+ release coming up as resourceID is being used instead.

(2015-01-08, 06:26)dmdsoftware Wrote:
(2015-01-08, 05:03)Nimious Wrote:
(2015-01-08, 03:53)dmdsoftware Wrote: Send me a private message with the name of the file (including type, MP4, MKV, AVI, etc), as well which version of the plugin you are using (0.5.1, 0.4.8, etc)

The majority of playback issues is the video is unprocessable by google (in that case, the streams will not be available but "original" playback will work -- "original" would be the only choice presented on stream selection screen). The other most common reason is something not nice in the title for the file. Because the title is passed along the way until the streams are fetched, if there is bad character or unicode issue with the title, then playback will fail. This issue is elevated in the 0.5+ release coming up as resourceID is being used instead.

The video had been long processed by Google for months actually and the stream worked fine yet the add-on would run into the error every time I tried playing it. Still changing the name to in my case "1", saving then renaming it back to the original title was enough to make it work.

I had the same error again on other video files shared to me. Doing what I did in the first problem did not work this time in that I could not rename it back to the same file name and have it work. However renaming to something without "+" kept in the title allowed it to work.

These errors are pretty strange to me but I'm looking forward to your newer versions that solve this.

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - Tim8 - 2015-01-08

Hello,

This add-on has come a long way, great work thus far. I just thought I would report a possible bug regarding saving STRMs. (running latest testing version) I was able to save a folder of a tv show to my local drive, However, when I try to save it to a networked PC's HDD using sbm:// I get a script error and only the root folder is copied over. If I manually drag them over to the network PC's HDD it works fine.

Not sure if the below helps or not.
Code:
10:38:41 T:6888   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'title'
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\Kodi-Server\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.gdrive-testing\default.py", line 362, in <module>
                                                service.buildSTRM(path + '/'+title,folderID)
                                              File "C:\Users\Kodi-Server\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.gdrive-testing\resources\lib\cloudservice.py", line 122, in buildSTRM
                                                url = self.PLUGIN_URL+'?mode=video&title='+item.file.title+'&filename='+item.file.id
                                            AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'title'
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
10:38:41 T:5360   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogKaiToast.xml) ------
10:38:41 T:6888    INFO: Python script stopped
10:38:41 T:6888   DEBUG: Thread LanguageInvoker 6888 terminating

Thanks,

(2015-01-08, 16:58)Tim8 Wrote: Hello,

This add-on has come a long way, great work thus far. I just thought I would report a possible bug regarding saving STRMs. (running latest testing version) I was able to save a folder of a tv show to my local drive, However, when I try to save it to a networked PC's HDD using sbm:// I get a script error and only the root folder is copied over. If I manually drag them over to the network PC's HDD it works fine.

Not sure if the below helps or not.
Code:
10:38:41 T:6888   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'title'
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\Kodi-Server\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.gdrive-testing\default.py", line 362, in <module>
                                                service.buildSTRM(path + '/'+title,folderID)
                                              File "C:\Users\Kodi-Server\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.gdrive-testing\resources\lib\cloudservice.py", line 122, in buildSTRM
                                                url = self.PLUGIN_URL+'?mode=video&title='+item.file.title+'&filename='+item.file.id
                                            AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'title'
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
10:38:41 T:5360   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogKaiToast.xml) ------
10:38:41 T:6888    INFO: Python script stopped
10:38:41 T:6888   DEBUG: Thread LanguageInvoker 6888 terminating

Thanks,

As warned earlier, SMB /NAS isn't supported right now. Prior versions of the plugin disallowed selecting a path that was a non-local or special path. Because I wanted to allow users to save their path to Settings, it is possible for a user to select a non-local or special path, but because the STRM files are created using os modules, those modules don't have access to XBMC filesystems, so it fails.

Future version will allow you to generate them directly to these paths if I can work around the bugs in xbmcvfs. If the bugs can't be worked around, I'll disallow users from selecting the paths.

Edit: My warning was actually in the Hive thread. I forgot to warn users in this thread not to try using NAS locations. My bad.
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=208702&pid=1884620#pid1884620

(2015-01-08, 07:55)Nimious Wrote:
(2015-01-08, 06:26)dmdsoftware Wrote:
(2015-01-08, 05:03)Nimious Wrote: Actually I got it to work but not in a way that I expected. All I had to do was change the file name then the error no longer appeared. After that I could change the file name back to the original and it would still work.

The video had been long processed by Google for months actually and the stream worked fine yet the add-on would run into the error every time I tried playing it. Still changing the name to in my case "1", saving then renaming it back to the original title was enough to make it work.

I had the same error again on other video files shared to me. Doing what I did in the first problem did not work this time in that I could not rename it back to the same file name and have it work. However renaming to something without "+" kept in the title allowed it to work.

These errors are pretty strange to me but I'm looking forward to your newer versions that solve this.

+ are troublesome in a filename. They often represent spaces in URI. So if you tell the plugin to find my+movie, it passes "my+movie" to google, but google treats the + not as the literal, but as a space. I remove this ambiguity in 0.5+ by communicating resource IDs instead -- Title's become meaningless textual representations of your media file.