Kodi Community Forum
Release gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on (/showthread.php?tid=177557)

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - dmdsoftware - 2015-01-10

(2015-01-04, 20:57)ashlar Wrote: Can't you do that by adding it as a favourite and then adding a shortcut to it in the homescreen?

(2015-01-03, 04:09)dmdsoftware Wrote:
(2014-12-30, 22:36)ashlar Wrote: Which features? Smile

First off, happy new year.

I spent the day forking off the code to a gdrive-testing and moved the code over. I'm going through right now making sure none of the API calls folks might be using are still working.

The fork over is more based on moving forward. Right away, it will enable building STRMs and multiple google accounts, which is pretty lack luster. It was easy enough to build STRMs from a list of content from Google Drive. For multiple accounts, it's also easier to just merge them using Google Drive sharing. So nothing ground breaking.

Moving forward, the API becomes modular, so moving to Google Drive API 2 becomes an easy task. Also, tacking on other Google APIs like YouTube and Photos can be just a matter of a few lines of code change.

More so, it's easier to add new features and make code changes with minimum breakage of existing features. It has been worthwhile investment that has been paying off on the Hive plugin.
Thanks for the explanation. And Happy New Year to you too.

I still hope that sooner or later you'll have the time to look into the seeking stuff. Theoretically all elements seem to be present to enable perfect seeking (while still downloading, I mean). That would be great for resuming more than anything else, once the library integration is done.

I might have to move up the work on the caching and seeking. I was doing work on the OneDrive plugin today, for the transcoding, and unlike Google's transcoding, Microsoft delivers the stream in segments and separate segments for video and audio. Adds to the complexity because stitching together stream segments would require overriding the player class (same discussion pertaining to seeking in google drive), but it puts it up a notch by also having to combine audio and video streams into one. Unless there is code somewhere that I'm not seeing, this would involve having to literally re-write the XBMC player logic. But if accomplished, could be used on this plugin as well -- to support encryption and seeking using stream segments.

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - ashlar - 2015-01-10

Unfortunately, and much to my frustration, since I would really like to help you out if I could, I'm no programmer.

From other plugins, such as the old XBMC Torrent, I can imagine that XBMC, once it reads the header of a file, "knows" which bytes to ask for. Otherwise how could it handle streaming a 30+GB file via SMB, with perfect seeking? Even on a gigabit internal network, the file is not copied instantly. Google Drive supports requesting a file from a certain byte. Not being a programmer, I suppose that this should be all that's needed for having seeking implemented. But I might be missing something fundamental.
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=210752

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - dmdsoftware - 2015-01-10

(2015-01-10, 13:35)ashlar Wrote: Unfortunately, and much to my frustration, since I would really like to help you out if I could, I'm no programmer.

From other plugins, such as the old XBMC Torrent, I can imagine that XBMC, once it reads the header of a file, "knows" which bytes to ask for. Otherwise how could it handle streaming a 30+GB file via SMB, with perfect seeking? Even on a gigabit internal network, the file is not copied instantly. Google Drive supports requesting a file from a certain byte. Not being a programmer, I suppose that this should be all that's needed for having seeking implemented. But I might be missing something fundamental.

I have played around with the seek option available through the transcoded streams by google. You can pass Google a time and the stream will start at that time. Override the player class, and when a user moves forward or back in the playback, you could, in theory, stop the stream and restart it at the new position chosen.

With OneDrive, I notice they send 2 initial packets down, one for initial segment for video and one for initial segment for audio. Then the actual content is sent down in subsequent packets, and you would need to stitch them together yourself. None of them is recognized as media content by any video playback software that I've used to play them back on.

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - Nimious - 2015-01-10

I started testing out 0.5.1 and I can confirm you're right about the script errors I was getting. They were completely based off the names of the video files. All video files now avoid that error compared to 0.4.8 which had several files run into the error.

However did you intend for the testing version to be unable to select the "original" option on the videos?

Anyways thanks for the great work. It was exactly what I was looking for Smile.

(2015-01-10, 17:36)Nimious Wrote: I started testing out 0.5.1 and I can confirm you're right about the script errors I was getting. They were completely based off the names of the video files. All video files now avoid that error compared to 0.4.8 which had several files run into the error.

However did you intend for the testing version to be unable to select the "original" option on the videos?

Anyways thanks for the great work. It was exactly what I was looking for Smile.

Original had to be dropped for right now. It'll be added back when it can be without introducing complications, probably in the next release.

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - ashlar - 2015-01-17

(2015-01-10, 16:09)dmdsoftware Wrote:
(2015-01-10, 13:35)ashlar Wrote: Unfortunately, and much to my frustration, since I would really like to help you out if I could, I'm no programmer.

I have played around with the seek option available through the transcoded streams by google. You can pass Google a time and the stream will start at that time. Override the player class, and when a user moves forward or back in the playback, you could, in theory, stop the stream and restart it at the new position chosen.

With OneDrive, I notice they send 2 initial packets down, one for initial segment for video and one for initial segment for audio. Then the actual content is sent down in subsequent packets, and you would need to stitch them together yourself. None of them is recognized as media content by any video playback software that I've used to play them back on.
To clarify, I was talking about seeking in the original versions of files. You can request a file from a specific byte through Google APIs, and XBMC has to know which bytes to ask for, otherwise how could it work with SMB?

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - dmdsoftware - 2015-01-17

(2015-01-17, 02:35)ashlar Wrote:
(2015-01-10, 16:09)dmdsoftware Wrote:

To clarify, I was talking about seeking in the original versions of files. You can request a file from a specific byte through Google APIs, and XBMC has to know which bytes to ask for, otherwise how could it work with SMB?

Probably for the same way as in Plex can index media files locally or on samba, but cannot index files on a cloud service without downloading the entire file in it's entirety to scan it, even if the cloud service is mounted as a fuse filesystem. There is some discussion over there about indexing Google Drive videos.

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - ashlar - 2015-01-28

I strongly doubt that XBMC needs to download the whole file to scan it for library. Otherwise scanning through a whole library via SMB would take ages. And it doesn't. Plex should be similar and I'm led to believe that we are simply accessing stuff the "wrong" way. Or maybe it's just wishful thinking on my behalf, who knows Smile

I'll check the discussion on Plex forums, thx.

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - dmdsoftware - 2015-01-28

(2015-01-28, 16:59)ashlar Wrote: I strongly doubt that XBMC needs to download the whole file to scan it for library. Otherwise scanning through a whole library via SMB would take ages. And it doesn't. Plex should be similar and I'm led to believe that we are simply accessing stuff the "wrong" way. Or maybe it's just wishful thinking on my behalf, who knows Smile

I'll check the discussion on Plex forums, thx.

What I can see happen when XBMC scrapes media is that it tries to figure out what kind of media it is (from the file extension) and then passes it to the most appropriate media tool to parse the information from it. This could possibly be overridden I would assume. Plugin like PseudoTV live has its own scrapers to determine duration, etc, to allow for seeking into media files. It uses the same media tools XBMC uses. But the fact it is making the calls within the plugin itself would suggest one could do the same (as a program plugin) and implement your own code to handle the same. I'm talking about scraping for purposes of starting playback at a certain time. I'm not sure if they override the seeking after the XBMC player has already started playback.

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - dmdsoftware - 2015-02-03

New testing release:

http://dmdsoftware.net/repository.ddurdle-testing/plugin.video.gdrive-testing-0.5.2.zip

Version 0.5.2
- add starred files/folders
- implement proper label sorting
- nekwebdev contribution: saving movies and tv shows to "easily" XBMC importable folders -- enhancements
- add: save STRM path to settings (optional tvshows and movies)

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - ashlar - 2015-02-05

(2015-02-03, 02:22)dmdsoftware Wrote: New testing release:

http://dmdsoftware.net/repository.ddurdle-testing/plugin.video.gdrive-testing-0.5.2.zip

Version 0.5.2
- nekwebdev contribution: saving movies and tv shows to "easily" XBMC importable folders -- enhancements
Hi! Nice to see work going on. Care to provide some documentation for these new features?

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - dmdsoftware - 2015-02-07

(2015-02-05, 20:07)ashlar Wrote:
(2015-02-03, 02:22)dmdsoftware Wrote: New testing release:

Version 0.5.2
Hi! Nice to see work going on. Care to provide some documentation for these new features?
I'll throw together a how-to and a video.

It might not get done until week of Feb 16. I'm on vacation that week.

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - dmdsoftware - 2015-02-07

Anyone (or rather, 4 people) interested in going into a business venture to procure a Google Apps Unlimited account. If you have a Google Apps account with 5 or more users, you can opt for unlimited space on Google Drive. Price per user in that package is $10/month.

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - ashlar - 2015-02-08

Hi! I think I understand how this STRM path saving works.

I tried with my TV Shows and I noticed a couple of things:

1) Regardless of settings, I don't appear to have the option to see the original file, just the streaming options from Google transcoding.

2) The STRM includes subtitles files saved on gDrive. I think you should filter for known video (or music) file types. *.avi, *.mkv, *.mp4, etc.

Hmmm... actually playing with Disk Cache seems to produce errors, outside from STRM files, I mean.

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - Kraevin - 2015-02-08

(2015-02-07, 18:31)dmdsoftware Wrote: Anyone (or rather, 4 people) interested in going into a business venture to procure a Google Apps Unlimited account. If you have a Google Apps account with 5 or more users, you can opt for unlimited space on Google Drive. Price per user in that package is $10/month.

I just wanted to add that you do not need 4 people for the unlimited storage. I have had Google Apps Unlimited account since Oct, and using just 1 user (myself) and have unlimited storage. I pay just the 10 dollars a month for one user and the drive shows Unlimited for data storage.

You can share your folder in your unlimited drive with other people, which will create a link to your folder on their own drive, if they choose add to my drive option, which doesn't use their space.

Your plugin is awesome... i actually didn't realize you could set it up as a library using the strm files until a few days ago, Been testing it out and has been working great!

As others have stated need a way to exclude the subtitles formats from the strm downloads.