Kodi Community Forum
Release gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on (/showthread.php?tid=177557)

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - tim4k - 2015-09-16

Hi,

Thank you Dylan for your extraordinary work. Your support is incredible Smile

I'm new to Kodi (former XBMC user in the first XBOX). I'm testing your gdrive add-on, and have same doubts.

1º I'm using .strm file with "plugin://plugin.video.gdrive?mode=playvideo&title=" but can't seek the movie or go to chapters.
2º In the library the movie poster is shown, but during playback next to the controls it's a movie thumbnail not a poster.
3º It's possible no automatically detect movie specs (resolution, sound, etc) and add to .strm file?

Using v0.7.6 in Windows 10

PS: Anxious waiting for Amazon Cloud Drive Add on Smile

Thank you for your time.

Tim.

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - guillaumesoucy - 2015-09-19

Hi,

I have a question, will your Google Drive plugin will work also with Xbian? I plan to buy a Raspberry Pi 2 and I need to know before if this add-on will work fine with it.

Thanks!

Guillaume

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - dmdsoftware - 2015-09-19

(2015-09-19, 14:48)guillaumesoucy Wrote: Hi,

I have a question, will your Google Drive plugin will work also with Xbian? I plan to buy a Raspberry Pi 2 and I need to know before if this add-on will work fine with it.

Thanks!

Guillaume

I use it on a Raspberry Pi 2 running xbian.

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - dmdsoftware - 2015-09-19

(2015-09-16, 12:27)tim4k Wrote: Hi,

I'm new to Kodi (former XBMC user in the first XBOX). I'm testing your gdrive add-on, and have same doubts.

1º I'm using .strm file with "plugin://plugin.video.gdrive?mode=playvideo&title=" but can't seek the movie or go to chapters.
2º In the library the movie poster is shown, but during playback next to the controls it's a movie thumbnail not a poster.
3º It's possible no automatically detect movie specs (resolution, sound, etc) and add to .strm file?

Thank you for your time.

Tim.

KODI doesn't support detailed specs for STRM files.

I'll look into the poster.

Playback seek and resume doesn't work with FLV transcoded types. Is this the type you are playing back with?

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - guillaumesoucy - 2015-09-19

(2015-09-19, 14:50)dmdsoftware Wrote:

Thanks!

Guillaume

Great! Thanks for telling me this! Smile

Also, on my "normal" computers, running Linux, Windows or OS X, I lost the "Scan to the library" button in the menu when using the Google Drive add-on in Kodi. This is normal or not?

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - dmdsoftware - 2015-09-20

(2015-09-19, 14:54)guillaumesoucy Wrote:
(2015-09-19, 14:50)dmdsoftware Wrote:

Thanks!

Guillaume

Also, on my "normal" computers, running Linux, Windows or OS X, I lost the "Scan to the library" button in the menu when using the Google Drive add-on in Kodi. This is normal or not?

I don't believe plugins can have a "scan to the library" KODI option. With this plugin there is a Save STRM and you can scan the STRM folder to KODI library using the "scan to the library" on that video folder.

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - tim4k - 2015-09-20

(2015-09-19, 14:52)dmdsoftware Wrote:
(2015-09-16, 12:27)tim4k Wrote: Hi,

Thank you for your time.

Tim.

KODI doesn't support detailed specs for STRM files.

I'll look into the poster.

Playback seek and resume doesn't work with FLV transcoded types. Is this the type you are playing back with?

Hi.

No, the file is a x264 mkv with 4,4GB. Locally I can seek without any problem.

Thanks.

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - guillaumesoucy - 2015-09-21

(2015-09-20, 17:48)dmdsoftware Wrote:
(2015-09-19, 14:54)guillaumesoucy Wrote:
(2015-09-19, 14:50)dmdsoftware Wrote: I use it on a Raspberry Pi 2 running xbian.

I don't believe plugins can have a "scan to the library" KODI option. With this plugin there is a Save STRM and you can scan the STRM folder to KODI library using the "scan to the library" on that video folder.

How I can perform that? Did you have a how-to guide? Also, why I cannot see my .ts videos files with Kodi? I simply don't saw the file on the app.

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - drewid79 - 2015-09-22

Hello, been using this great add-on for a while and loving it, but now I'm having an issue with just one video. It's a movie I have uploaded to drive, and it has been processed by Google so when the stream dialogue pops up in the gdrive add-on all the options for quality are there. However, the first line says "offline - original" and this is causing playback issues. I prefer not to use the option to force prompt for quality selection, and would rather play automatically at the highest available quality, but with this particular movie it fails every time. The only difference I see between this video and others that work normally is the line that says "offline - original". Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - dmdsoftware - 2015-09-22

(2015-09-21, 00:56)guillaumesoucy Wrote:
(2015-09-20, 17:48)dmdsoftware Wrote:
(2015-09-19, 14:54)guillaumesoucy Wrote: Great! Thanks for telling me this! Smile

How I can perform that? Did you have a how-to guide? Also, why I cannot see my .ts videos files with Kodi? I simply don't saw the file on the app.

Google Drive is probably not marking it as a video file. Did you want me to add it to an inclusion list so that you can test if it plays back?

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - dmdsoftware - 2015-09-22

(2015-09-22, 18:56)drewid79 Wrote: Hello, been using this great add-on for a while and loving it, but now I'm having an issue with just one video. It's a movie I have uploaded to drive, and it has been processed by Google so when the stream dialogue pops up in the gdrive add-on all the options for quality are there. However, the first line says "offline - original" and this is causing playback issues. I prefer not to use the option to force prompt for quality selection, and would rather play automatically at the highest available quality, but with this particular movie it fails every time. The only difference I see between this video and others that work normally is the line that says "offline - original". Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Ah, likely you may have clicked make offline and cancelled it, but it created a partial file. I'll add a few options to deal with this (add "delete offline" and option to decide whether to put offline at the top of the list).

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - drewid79 - 2015-09-22

(2015-09-22, 19:43)dmdsoftware Wrote:
(2015-09-22, 18:56)drewid79 Wrote: Hello, been using this great add-on for a while and loving it, but now I'm having an issue with just one video. It's a movie I have uploaded to drive, and it has been processed by Google so when the stream dialogue pops up in the gdrive add-on all the options for quality are there. However, the first line says "offline - original" and this is causing playback issues. I prefer not to use the option to force prompt for quality selection, and would rather play automatically at the highest available quality, but with this particular movie it fails every time. The only difference I see between this video and others that work normally is the line that says "offline - original". Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Ah, likely you may have clicked make offline and cancelled it, but it created a partial file. I'll add a few options to deal with this (add "delete offline" and option to decide whether to put offline at the top of the list).

OK, I suppose I may have accidentally done that, ha-ha. So for now guess I'll delete and re-upload that movie. Thanks for that insight.

(2015-09-22, 22:09)drewid79 Wrote:
(2015-09-22, 19:43)dmdsoftware Wrote:

OK, I suppose I may have accidentally done that, ha-ha. So for now guess I'll delete and re-upload that movie. Thanks for that insight.

No, you can go to the cache folder (specified in cache in settings) and delete the .stream file contained in the subfolder for the movie. That will make offline disappear.

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - Malimar - 2015-09-22

Can't wait for the folders updates.

- me to

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - user321 - 2015-09-24

I'm using Testing build [v0.7.10], Kodi 15.1 on Windows 10.
I've noticed an issue when importing STRM files to the Kodi library - I'm not sure that it'll be fixed within Kodi soon (if at all) so I'll raise it here:
When .sub files are present in a folder in Google Drive, .strm files will be generated for these, so you'll get (for example):
Filename.mkv.strm
Filename.sub.strm

Unfortunately Kodi displays these as another copy of the movie (and you can't really tell from the library view, which is why, although when you try and "play" a .sub.strm you get no quality options presented).

Would you be able to provide the ability to exclude certain file extensions from STRM creation perhaps? I noticed that version 0.7.6 seemed to export a STRM for every single file present in Google Drive, including JPGs, so I supect you've done some filtering already. It also didn't automatically detect that the folder I was exporting contained movies, but 0.7.10 does, so perhaps the fact that .STRM files aren't being produced for JPGs, etc, is because it's decided it's a movie folder Smile

I have another issue but I'll make a separate comment so they can be addressed individually Smile