Kodi Community Forum
Release gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on (/showthread.php?tid=177557)

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - user321 - 2015-10-14

Thanks Smile This is what happens with the above folders with 0.7.16:

Export of exact google drive folder structure:
C:\Dropbox\STRM\Series\Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D
C:\Dropbox\STRM\Series\Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D\Season 01\Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - S01E01 - Pilot.mkv.strm

The automatically created second copy into the "TV" folder:
C:\Dropbox\STRM\TV\Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Note the fullstop on the end of the folder. This means I can't access it ("C:\Dropbox\STRM\Series\Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." is unavailable"). The same happens for "The O.C".

TV Show / Series folders (the parent folder) must be without a full stop on the end (indeed any folder in Windows).

Hope that's understandable!

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - Rick7C2 - 2015-10-18

I have this setup and working great on my HTPC using dmdsoftware Oauth.

I'm trying to set it up on my fire tv for my kids room using the same dmdsoftware oauth and I cant get it working.

Im using the latest testing build on both.

I tried both

dmdsoftware.net OAUTH2 - READ-only (DEFAULT)

and

dmdsoftware.net OAUTH2 - READ/WRITE (for saving resume points)

I also tried copying my HTPC's settings.xml to my firetv To clone my working settings to fire trv but still doesnt work.

Am I doing something wrong? Does it not work with firetv?

I will admit Its been a while since I setup this plugin. Last time I didit was when google stopped supporting Client Login.

EDIT: Here is my log
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kcipp5knyj33xus/kodi.log?dl=0

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - dmdsoftware - 2015-10-18

(2015-10-18, 16:41)Rick7C2 Wrote: I have this setup and working great on my HTPC using dmdsoftware Oauth.

I'm trying to set it up on my fire tv for my kids room using the same dmdsoftware oauth and I cant get it working.

I tried both

and

I also tried copying my HTPC's settings.xml to my firetv To clone my working settings to fire trv but still doesnt work.

I will admit Its been a while since I setup this plugin. Last time I didit was when google stopped supporting Client Login.

I recommend you use the Google Apps login type. Follow the links to authorize for either read-only or read-write. At the final screen, it'll ask you to create a username and passcode. You'll supply these to the plugin. When you start the plugin and get the list of accounts, click the [enroll account], follow the prompts and supply it the username and passcode. It'll take care of the code handling for you.

Usernames and passcodes are one-time use. You have to repeat this on each device, or you can simply copy over the settings.xml file to the other devices.

The Google Apps login type is easier and wasn't probably around when you first converted from client login. It should be pretty straightforward.

Links to the authorization links

http://dmdsoftware.net/GoogleSetupOAUTH2/index.html

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - user321 - 2015-10-18

Can I ask, where are the resume points stored? Smile

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - Rick7C2 - 2015-10-18

(2015-10-18, 17:27)dmdsoftware Wrote:
(2015-10-18, 16:41)Rick7C2 Wrote: I have this setup and working great on my HTPC using dmdsoftware Oauth.

I tried both

and

I recommend you use the Google Apps login type. Follow the links to authorize for either read-only or read-write. At the final screen, it'll ask you to create a username and passcode. You'll supply these to the plugin. When you start the plugin and get the list of accounts, click the [enroll account], follow the prompts and supply it the username and passcode. It'll take care of the code handling for you.

Usernames and passcodes are one-time use. You have to repeat this on each device, or you can simply copy over the settings.xml file to the other devices.

The Google Apps login type is easier and wasn't probably around when you first converted from client login. It should be pretty straightforward.

Links to the authorization links

http://dmdsoftware.net/GoogleSetupOAUTH2/index.html

OK so I just setup my HTPC Using Google Apps login. Working Like a charm.

Copied my settings.xml from HTPC to FireTV Not working.

Created a new login + password for FireTV set it up and again not working on FireTV.

It seems there is something with the FireTV that is causing this addon not to work? I did everything exactly how I did on my HTPC for FireTV.

EDIT: FireTV was running Kodi 15 RC1. Updated to 15.1 Stable now it is working fine.

Thanks for your help and your fantastic addon!

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - dmdsoftware - 2015-10-18

(2015-10-18, 17:47)user321 Wrote: Can I ask, where are the resume points stored? Smile

It actually depends.

If you use read-only authorization, watched status and resume point is stored in your local KODI db, same as for any local media file.

If you use read-write authorization, in addition to storing locally in KODI db, playback count + watched status and resume point is stored as an attribute for the media file in your Google Drive account. So, if you playback on another device with the plugin, the watched status and resume point will instantly be shown. You'll even retrieve these on the other device if it is using a read-only authorization (you just won't be able to update the status or resume point).

A good note though: Because of limitations in local KODI db, the same media file shown in different folders or from search results will have different watch and resume points. If you watch a video from the search results page, if you playback from browsing for the video from it's folder, it won't have the same resume point as when you played it from the search results page. If you access it from search results page again, it will have the previous resume point. This limitation doesn't exist if you use read-write authorization, and let the plugin store the information in your Google Drive account.

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - acamposxp - 2015-10-24

dmdsoftware, the addon for GDrive incorporated Google Photos (which has infinite storage). That's really good. Recently, Google added the option to "add to library"...

... which lets you save a video to your account without the need to upload. This was already present in Google Drive. However all the inclusions that I made using the option "add to library" on Google Photos are not available in Google Photos of the addon folder, although it is available in Google's app and the web page of Google Photos.

Is there any possibility to view the videos added to the library (without upload) the addon Kodi?

It can create the plugin option: //plugin.video.gphotos?

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - helidwarf - 2015-10-27

hey! thank you very much for the plugin! It's awesome!

I'm having a little problem with subtitles though, when I stream a .MKV video with embedded .ASS from google drive the subtitle does not show up, is there a way around this?

The google drive generated youtube video does not show the subtitle but the downloaded file definitely has it so is this my isolated problem or a known issue?

Thank you very much

EDIT: also I have noticed that if the video file has 2 or more audio streams with the gdrive plugin does not allow you to change it.

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - dmdsoftware - 2015-10-27

(2015-10-27, 02:24)helidwarf Wrote: hey! thank you very much for the plugin! It's awesome!

I'm having a little problem with subtitles though, when I stream a .MKV video with embedded .ASS from google drive the subtitle does not show up, is there a way around this?

The google drive generated youtube video does not show the subtitle but the downloaded file definitely has it so is this my isolated problem or a known issue?

Thank you very much

EDIT: also I have noticed that if the video file has 2 or more audio streams with the gdrive plugin does not allow you to change it.

You can attach a subtitle file to a video in Google Drive so that it playback with option to turn on that subtitle by using Google Drive, navigating to the video and importing the subtitles to the video. It will playback via browser with CC option or KODI plugin with subtitle option.

Subtitles attached to the actual file won't be useable, unless the subtitle file is stored in the same directory in Google Drive as the video. In that case, it will showup as subtitles for the video.

I don't know of any way to allow for switching audio streams on a video unless you "make offline" on the video in KODI plugin. Then you'll be able to change the audio tracks during playback.

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - helidwarf - 2015-10-27

(2015-10-27, 21:29)dmdsoftware Wrote:
(2015-10-27, 02:24)helidwarf Wrote: hey! thank you very much for the plugin! It's awesome!

Thank you very much

You can attach a subtitle file to a video in Google Drive so that it playback with option to turn on that subtitle by using Google Drive, navigating to the video and importing the subtitles to the video. It will playback via browser with CC option or KODI plugin with subtitle option.

Subtitles attached to the actual file won't be useable, unless the subtitle file is stored in the same directory in Google Drive as the video. In that case, it will showup as subtitles for the video.

I don't know of any way to allow for switching audio streams on a video unless you "make offline" on the video in KODI plugin. Then you'll be able to change the audio tracks during playback.

Ok thanks, I tried playing with it a bit and found out that if you stream the source as "original" you will be able to set the embedded subtitle and also switch the audio stream, most likely because this way you stream the actual mkv file while with other resolutions you stream a google encoded mp4 version which removes the subtitle file and only encodes the Track 1 of the audio files.

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - ColeCash - 2015-11-03

When playing a 3D movie from Gdrive (STRM file or in the plugin), Kodi does not recognize it as a 3D Movie and does not start stereoscopic mode (I have to tell my TV to do this).
So converting a 3D Movie into 2D isn't possible.
The movie is named "Moviename.3d.htab.mkv" and Kodi shows a 3D flag for that specific movie in the movie list. Then why does'nt Kodi recognize it as 3D?
I'm watching my movies on different TV's which not all support 3D. So I don't want to upload 2 versions of the same movie.
Everything else works fine, great work on your plugins Smile

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - dmdsoftware - 2015-11-06

(2015-11-03, 18:57)ColeCash Wrote: When playing a 3D movie from Gdrive (STRM file or in the plugin), Kodi does not recognize it as a 3D Movie and does not start stereoscopic mode (I have to tell my TV to do this).
The movie is named "Moviename.3d.htab.mkv" and Kodi shows a 3D flag for that specific movie in the movie list. Then why does'nt Kodi recognize it as 3D?
I'm watching my movies on different TV's which not all support 3D. So I don't want to upload 2 versions of the same movie.

When is it showing the 3D icon? When you view the file in the KODI plugin? Is it before you playback or after?

Before you playback (when you are listing your files), the plugin fetches the details about the video (HD/SD, size, duration, etc). 3D is not a parameter I'm looking at (I don't think it is a parameter Google Drive is relaying back, but I never checked a 3D file to confirm). After you've played back, KODI collects some additional information from the stream itself (you'll notice after playback, for that video, you'll see additional information like what type of audio was in the stream). I'm guessing this is when you see the 3D icon show up?

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - ColeCash - 2015-11-06

(2015-11-06, 01:27)dmdsoftware Wrote:
(2015-11-03, 18:57)ColeCash Wrote: When playing a 3D movie from Gdrive (STRM file or in the plugin), Kodi does not recognize it as a 3D Movie and does not start stereoscopic mode (I have to tell my TV to do this).

When is it showing the 3D icon? When you view the file in the KODI plugin? Is it before you playback or after?

Before you playback (when you are listing your files), the plugin fetches the details about the video (HD/SD, size, duration, etc). 3D is not a parameter I'm looking at (I don't think it is a parameter Google Drive is relaying back, but I never checked a 3D file to confirm). After you've played back, KODI collects some additional information from the stream itself (you'll notice after playback, for that video, you'll see additional information like what type of audio was in the stream). I'm guessing this is when you see the 3D icon show up?

I have to refuse my comment about the 3D part. I tried other movies with Half-SBS format and when playing them in the library, kodi gives me the prompt to choose stereoscopic format Smile
So it has to be an issue with the top and bottom 3D format i was using for the other movies.

I also discovered that some video stream addons (That I'm not allowed to talk about in this forum), that offer library integration get automatically marked as watched in the library.
Resume does also work. Is this something you can take a look at and maybe integrate in your addon?
In post #9 on this thread someone even posted a code for this

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - dmdsoftware - 2015-11-07

(2015-11-06, 15:40)ColeCash Wrote:
(2015-11-06, 01:27)dmdsoftware Wrote:

I have to refuse my comment about the 3D part. I tried other movies with Half-SBS format and when playing them in the library, kodi gives me the prompt to choose stereoscopic format Smile
So it has to be an issue with the top and bottom 3D format i was using for the other movies.

I also discovered that some video stream addons (That I'm not allowed to talk about in this forum), that offer library integration get automatically marked as watched in the library.
Resume does also work. Is this something you can take a look at and maybe integrate in your addon?
In post #9 on this thread someone even posted a code for this

Yes, makes sense. Update the SQL DB directly. Highly shunned on my KODI, but I'm not against adding it to advanced settings in the plugin to allow those users who want to use it, the opportunity to get the status updated.

I'll work on implementing the same kind of workaround for the resume and watched status for STRM playback.

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - ColeCash - 2015-11-07

Quote:Yes, makes sense. Update the SQL DB directly. Highly shunned on my KODI, but I'm not against adding it to advanced settings in the plugin to allow those users who want to use it, the opportunity to get the status updated.

I'll work on implementing the same kind of workaround for the resume and watched status for STRM playback.

That sounds great. I'm storing my whole library on google drive so that would
make things a lot easier. Thanks Smile