Kodi Community Forum
Release gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on (/showthread.php?tid=177557)

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - dmdsoftware - 2016-07-07

(2016-06-06, 18:26)ashlar Wrote:
(2016-06-05, 17:36)dmdsoftware Wrote: Any suggestions on best options for storing DVDs for streaming? upload the discs in file format (VOB?), package in iso, etc?
We tried some time ago and it appeared that gDrive had no problem streaming unconverted ISOs for Kodi to work on, if you remember. If that is confirmed, I'd say that's the way to go.

Or you could have one folder per DVD and inside have all *.IFOs and *.VOBs... that way it would prove usefule in case you need to play them without Kodi, on a player not supporting ISOs directly (but I'm not sure if then Kodi would be able to read it as it would need to access multiple files, I'm afraid it would fail... have a try, I'd say).

I tested with one ISO and it didn't work. I plays via KODI off local HD, but when I play off Google Drive through KODI, I get a "This disc has encountered an error. Please eject and try again."

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - dmdsoftware - 2016-07-07

(2016-06-06, 18:26)ashlar Wrote:
(2016-06-05, 17:36)dmdsoftware Wrote: Any suggestions on best options for storing DVDs for streaming? upload the discs in file format (VOB?), package in iso, etc?
We tried some time ago and it appeared that gDrive had no problem streaming unconverted ISOs for Kodi to work on, if you remember. If that is confirmed, I'd say that's the way to go.

Or you could have one folder per DVD and inside have all *.IFOs and *.VOBs... that way it would prove usefule in case you need to play them without Kodi, on a player not supporting ISOs directly (but I'm not sure if then Kodi would be able to read it as it would need to access multiple files, I'm afraid it would fail... have a try, I'd say).

Tried again, I notice if I hit play it moves forward. Seems to be concatenating all the VOBs into a stream. I don't know what I was expecting... perhaps it would magically playback like if you were watching the ISO locally -- where the disc into loads, you get the menu, you select the chapter. It seems it just plays back everything as a concatenation. After hitting play, the disc intro plays, I get the disc menu (nothing is selectable), which I can either fast forward or let it play out and then it starts with the first chapter. The total run time is 11 mins, so I'm not sure if the entire disc would playback.

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - vincentzh - 2016-07-07

The code in gdrive-testing doesn't require caching for photos to work, unlike in non-testing. You may have better performance there
[/quote]

thanks for your reply, where can i find this non-testing version ?

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - strngbrw - 2016-07-10

When opening video on my android device the video plays but the opening stream prompt stays on screen dead center of the video, how do I close it?

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - dmdsoftware - 2016-07-10

(2016-07-10, 02:24)strngbrw Wrote: When opening video on my android device the video plays but the opening stream prompt stays on screen dead center of the video, how do I close it?

Is this with the -testing version?

In non testing version, there is a setting for disabling opening stream dialog in settings.

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - strngbrw - 2016-07-10

(2016-07-10, 02:33)dmdsoftware Wrote:
(2016-07-10, 02:24)strngbrw Wrote: When opening video on my android device the video plays but the opening stream prompt stays on screen dead center of the video, how do I close it?

In non testing version, there is a setting for disabling opening stream dialog in settings.

Never mind, I disabled all of the subtitle options in advanced and the prompt no longer shows. Thanks for this, it's beyond brilliant!

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - dmdsoftware - 2016-07-10

(2016-07-10, 02:39)strngbrw Wrote:
(2016-07-10, 02:33)dmdsoftware Wrote:

Never mind, I disabled all of the subtitle options in advanced and the prompt no longer shows. Thanks for this, it's beyond brilliant!

Thanks, I will check into this. Sounds like if it encounters an issue with finding SRT, it doesn't close the opening stream dialog. Will try to reproduce.

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - dmdsoftware - 2016-07-18

I wouldn't mind people testing the CLOUD_DB functionality. There are still a few bugs being worked out, but I've been using it for the past 6 months to maintain the play watch/resume status, and for queuing, on a readonly KODI (one where the local db is never updated, obviously, so it loses watch and resume status on reboot)

You need to have gdrive-testing, at least verison 0.7.56. More information including setup here -> https://github.com/ddurdle/GDrive-for-KODI/wiki/CLOUD_DB---FAQ

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - robertorigo - 2016-07-26

I have a problem with GDrive in Kodi and skin Eminence. When I stop a movie and want to resume , start from the beginning.
If I return to the default skin returns to work well.
However , Amazon Cloud Drive works properly
What could you see ?

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - dmdsoftware - 2016-07-26

(2016-07-26, 11:03)robertorigo Wrote: I have a problem with GDrive in Kodi and skin Eminence. When I stop a movie and want to resume , start from the beginning.
If I return to the default skin returns to work well.
However , Amazon Cloud Drive works properly
What could you see ?

When you use default skin, are you getting a pop up asking for quality selection. Is this missing when you use Eminence skin?

It sounds like it is selecting a transcoded version of the file that doesn't support resume.

You can also change in the plugin settings to use original always, in the playback video section. Some of the formats available do not support resume.

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - Whitewolf99 - 2016-08-01

really like the new resume function per google drive spreadsheet. so far found no bugs. works as it should between five different kodi devices.

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - dmdsoftware - 2016-08-18

A user has posted this video on demonstrating exporting and importing STRMs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1QltZZIcFQ

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - dmdsoftware - 2016-08-24

There was a change on the Google Drive side for transcoded streams. There was a release pushed out to the testing version (0.7.62) that fixed this. The issue only affected transcoded streams, but the user may not realize this if they use auto selection for quality. Original quality was un-affected.

The fix looks good, and there will be an update for non-testing repository today. Until this time, those users impacted by playback errors, should right-click, "play original" or select "original" on the selection quality screen.

Users of ddurdle-testing and the testing version of Google Drive just need to ensure they have auto-updated to 0.7.62 or later.

http://dmdsoftware.net/repository.ddurdle-testing/plugin.video.gdrive-testing/plugin.video.gdrive-testing-0.7.62.zip

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - sabrex - 2016-08-24

Thanks @dmdsoftware for the gdrive add-on. For me, even after I've enabled google drive integration in google photos, I don't see a Google Photos folder from within the gdrive add-on, so there is no way to access my Google Photos content from within gdrive. Is there anything specific that I need to do to see Google Photos content from within the gdrive addon? I'm running gdrive 0.7.62

Also, have you thought about developing a separate Google Photos add-on to browse and play content from Google Photos directly, including shared albums? It seems like you have the know-how to do this, and I think it would become one of the most useful add-ons for Kodi.

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - dmdsoftware - 2016-08-24

(2016-08-24, 20:44)sabrex Wrote: Thanks @dmdsoftware for the gdrive add-on. For me, even when I enable google drive integration in google photos, I don't see any photos/videos in the Google Photos folder from within the gdrive add-on. Is this expected to work in all cases?

Also, have you thought about developing a separate Google Photos add-on to browse and play content from Google Photos directly, including shared albums? It seems like you have the know-how to do this, and I think it would become one of the most useful add-ons for Kodi.

I assume you created the link Google Photos in. Everything should be accessible. Which version are you using of the plugin? gdrive or gdrive-testing? Photos are omitted if viewing from Video, by default, unless you change the plugin settings to filter nothing, or view in Pictures plugin.