Kodi Community Forum
Release gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on (/showthread.php?tid=177557)

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - dmdsoftware - 2014-08-15

(2014-08-15, 06:01)LIBERT4D Wrote: Hello and thank you for this add-on. I am trying to piece together the various bits of info around here on strm files into something I might understand, but having no luck. I get how they work and mostly what information ends up included, but I can't get the files to actually stream anything.

I'm using a Google Drive for Business account and all of my files are private. Do they need to public in order to work? I assumed that since the add-on uses log-in credentials that would be sufficient... but no dice.

What I'm aiming for is to have my entire movie collection stored in the cloud and have them accessible via placeholders in my local library.

Sorry that its a manual process. Next release will have options to create a directory full of STRM for your videos and populate the playback information in a Google Spreadsheet.

To create a STRM manually for playback there are a few options including playback of the streamURL for public shared videos.

To playback videos that private or videos without a URL, use the following in your .STRM

plugin://plugin.video.gdrive?mode=playvideo&title=title_of_video

Where title_of_video is the name of the video in your Google Drive account. If you want to transcode stream your private video, use:

plugin://plugin.video.gdrive?mode=streamvideo&title=title_of_video

This plugin fully works with Google Apps accounts. I use my Apps account exclusively.

Along with automatic STRM creation or playback by spreadsheet, I'm going to have options such as "playback the next unwatched video in folder X" or other options like "playback a random video" etc. This will be a huge asset for watching tv series without having to dig through a library. I am also actively working on a tvScheduler plugin that uses a Google Spreadsheet to create tv schedule line ups, so that watching content from Google Drives or other cloud providers because as simple as turning on the tv (no digging through menus, deciding what to watch, determining "did I already watch that?", etc)

(2014-08-12, 19:05)princeolivier78 Wrote: thank you for your work ,is it possible for you to add images support as i want to put movie back drop or folder image inside the folder so it shows up as a thumbnail while browsing the movies ....i done it once and two movies showed up with their own movie images as a thumbnails preview instead of video preview i'm not sure what version it was but two movies worked with image thumbnails just a suggestion i think it will be better that way since we can not add g drive to library Smile

The plugin will use a video preview thumbnail when you navigate to a video within the plugin. It is generated by XBMC automatically and cached, so first time navigating to a video may not appear or take a few seconds to appear as XBMC downloads and creates a thumbnail.

If you want to a backdrop to load or fanart to load, that should be possible, but I'm not sure the best way to save this information unless for each movie, you store them in separate directories. Normally people store all their movies in one directory. TV series are typically split up in directories, and would be easy to load a backdrop for that TV series when you open a folder for it.

I'll integrate your suggestion in, but if you can elaborate or include additional specifications on how you would like it to work, it can then be done the way you want it. I was also thinking about including a feature to load NFO information stored in the same folder but deciding on the best way to accomplish this. It might be better to store the information in a spreadsheet in your Google Drive account rather than separate files.

(2014-08-15, 10:51)ktjensen Wrote: Found that google drive only gives you 85gigs for $2 a month. The other 15gigs you already had for free.

thx for the info. It'll be helpful to a lot of folks when deciding among the alternatives.

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - princeolivier78 - 2014-08-17

hi something else came to my attention i have notice the gdrive website has a search button where you can look for movies that be a good idea for your great addon save time scrolling and looking for movies thanks again

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - princeolivier78 - 2014-08-25

HI ddurdle thank you once again for this great addon i have made few changes to the addon instead of gdrive we have cinema and gdrive logo changed i can only post it if you allow me to do so ....these changes are only for people like me who dont like the gdrive logo and the stream is opening gdrive please let me know if its ok to share it thank you Smile

dear forum administrators are we allowed to post screenshots ?thanks

[RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - ktjensen - 2014-08-25

PrinceO - as with most forums you can post pictures. But you can not have the forum host the picture. I have used TINYPIC.com website to hold the picture recently. Try that.

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - dmdsoftware - 2014-08-25

(2014-08-25, 17:10)princeolivier78 Wrote: HI ddurdle thank you once again for this great addon i have made few changes to the addon instead of gdrive we have cinema and gdrive logo changed i can only post it if you allow me to do so ....these changes are only for people like me who dont like the gdrive logo and the stream is opening gdrive please let me know if its ok to share it thank you Smile

dear forum administrators are we allowed to post screenshots ?thanks

If you send me your changes, I can generate a repository for it so that you can use it or share it with others, so that when I update the code, it will update your plugin automatically (without losing your backdrop, fanart, icons, etc).

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - princeolivier78 - 2014-08-25

thank you Smile

thanks ktjensen i will give it a try

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - princeolivier78 - 2014-08-26

here is a screen shot of what i mentioned in the forum yesterday with the permission of the DEV who created the addon i can now show the images but can not share it until the dev makes the changes so it can work with the updates .

please remember to thank DDURDLE dev ,all i have done is just change few bits for people that dont like the "gDRIVE" NAME AND LOGO Smile

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - MattBlacK85 - 2014-08-31

For me this is almost perfect. Addon is configurated as 'Disk Cache'. Using .strm file for the movie library (plugin://plugin.video.gdrive?mode=playvideo&title=file_name_in_drive) only thing is that the name of the playing video isn't correct. Just random numbers and text. How can we solve this? So searching subtitles will work?

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - tatoomana - 2014-10-06

Hello,

Thank you for this amazing addon!

I have a question, when GDrive will support closed caption in playback stream mode?

Thank you in advance for your answer.

Best regards

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - dmdsoftware - 2014-10-11

(2014-10-06, 12:59)tatoomana Wrote: Hello,

I have a question, when GDrive will support closed caption in playback stream mode?

Best regards

Thanks for the request. I've added it to the issue log for implementation https://github.com/ddurdle/XBMC-gdrive/issues/10

(2014-08-31, 16:29)MattBlacK85 Wrote: For me this is almost perfect. Addon is configurated as 'Disk Cache'. Using .strm file for the movie library (plugin://plugin.video.gdrive?mode=playvideo&title=file_name_in_drive) only thing is that the name of the playing video isn't correct. Just random numbers and text. How can we solve this? So searching subtitles will work?

A fix is coming for the titles.

https://github.com/ddurdle/XBMC-gdrive/issues/11

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - salviboi58 - 2014-10-21

Thank you very much for this addon I really like it.
But I was just wondering if it is possible to fast forward on diskcache or memorycache?
Because on my xbmc it won't let me, only if I use the Stream option I'm
Able to fastforward but the video quality is not as good as diskcache or memorycache.

Also I wanted to know if it is possible to Make a ONEDRIVE addon or if there is one already made?

Thank so much.

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - LIBERT4D - 2014-10-21

(2014-08-15, 17:52)dmdsoftware Wrote:
(2014-08-15, 06:01)LIBERT4D Wrote: Hello and thank you for this add-on. I am trying to piece together the various bits of info around here on strm files into something I might understand, but having no luck. I get how they work and mostly what information ends up included, but I can't get the files to actually stream anything.

I'm using a Google Drive for Business account and all of my files are private. Do they need to public in order to work? I assumed that since the add-on uses log-in credentials that would be sufficient... but no dice.

What I'm aiming for is to have my entire movie collection stored in the cloud and have them accessible via placeholders in my local library.

Sorry that its a manual process. Next release will have options to create a directory full of STRM for your videos and populate the playback information in a Google Spreadsheet.

To create a STRM manually for playback there are a few options including playback of the streamURL for public shared videos.

To playback videos that private or videos without a URL, use the following in your .STRM

Where title_of_video is the name of the video in your Google Drive account. If you want to transcode stream your private video, use:

This plugin fully works with Google Apps accounts. I use my Apps account exclusively.

Along with automatic STRM creation or playback by spreadsheet, I'm going to have options such as "playback the next unwatched video in folder X" or other options like "playback a random video" etc. This will be a huge asset for watching tv series without having to dig through a library. I am also actively working on a tvScheduler plugin that uses a Google Spreadsheet to create tv schedule line ups, so that watching content from Google Drives or other cloud providers because as simple as turning on the tv (no digging through menus, deciding what to watch, determining "did I already watch that?", etc)

Manual is fine, no complaints there. I'm just having difficulty getting it to actually work unfortunately.

strm imports fine and it gets as far as "Opening stream" and fails. This is the code i used:

plugin://plugin.video.gdrive?mode=playvideo&title=https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8g2zc3Xg7YTdkpNTjgxd2xUN2M/view?usp=sharing

The video is public at the moment. Will pull it once I know an answer.

I did notice that it said I had exceeded plays allowed when I tested the link myself in my browser. however, I tried it with a different file and despite no play quantity limitations, it still did not work. So I am more posting this to find out if I have my strm structured correctly, as I wasn't sure what "title_of_video" specifically meant.

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - dmdsoftware - 2014-10-22

(2014-10-21, 23:58)LIBERT4D Wrote:
(2014-08-15, 17:52)dmdsoftware Wrote:

Manual is fine, no complaints there. I'm just having difficulty getting it to actually work unfortunately.

strm imports fine and it gets as far as "Opening stream" and fails. This is the code i used:

plugin://plugin.video.gdrive?mode=playvideo&title=https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8g2zc3Xg7YTdkpNTjgxd2xUN2M/view?usp=sharing

The video is public at the moment. Will pull it once I know an answer.

I did notice that it said I had exceeded plays allowed when I tested the link myself in my browser. however, I tried it with a different file and despite no play quantity limitations, it still did not work. So I am more posting this to find out if I have my strm structured correctly, as I wasn't sure what "title_of_video" specifically meant.

This works:

plugin://plugin.video.gdrive?mode=streamURL&url=https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8g2zc3Xg7YTdkpNTjgxd2xUN2M/view

mode = playvideo is only for playback of media where you supply the title of the video and not the URL. So if the title of the video is "This is the movie title.MP4", using the playvideo & title=This is the movie title.MP4 would do the trick. In your case, if you have a URL, you would use streamURL and url.

(2014-10-21, 19:18)salviboi58 Wrote: Thank you very much for this addon I really like it.
But I was just wondering if it is possible to fast forward on diskcache or memorycache?
Because on my xbmc it won't let me, only if I use the Stream option I'm
Able to fastforward but the video quality is not as good as diskcache or memorycache.

Also I wanted to know if it is possible to Make a ONEDRIVE addon or if there is one already made?

Thank so much.

The two cache methods won't allow you to fast forward past the point of the video that has already been downloaded. The next release will include ability to precache, to download the video and then watch.

I'll be submitting a OneDrive plugin shortly.

Re: RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - MattBlacK85 - 2014-11-05

(2014-10-11, 17:57)dmdsoftware Wrote:
(2014-10-06, 12:59)tatoomana Wrote: Hello,

Best regards

Thanks for the request. I've added it to the issue log for implementation https://github.com/ddurdle/XBMC-gdrive/issues/10

(2014-08-31, 16:29)MattBlacK85 Wrote: For me this is almost perfect. Addon is configurated as 'Disk Cache'. Using .strm file for the movie library (plugin://plugin.video.gdrive?mode=playvideo&title=file_name_in_drive) only thing is that the name of the playing video isn't correct. Just random numbers and text. How can we solve this? So searching subtitles will work?

A fix is coming for the titles.

https://github.com/ddurdle/XBMC-gdrive/issues/11
Is there any news on title fix? Do you know if there is a automated .strm file creation?

Maybe i can help, i have none programming skills but who knows i can do something