Kodi Community Forum
Release gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on (/showthread.php?tid=177557)

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - vassagopc - 2017-04-16

(2016-10-22, 05:24)horstepipe Wrote: I figured it out, if everybody else needs this:
http://www.share-online.biz/dl/SRPWIFFOT14T

It's German so you still have to change the strings to your needs.

Best regards

Can u reup it please?

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - horstepipe - 2017-04-16

(2017-04-16, 11:34)vassagopc Wrote:
(2016-10-22, 05:24)horstepipe Wrote: I figured it out, if everybody else needs this:
http://www.share-online.biz/dl/SRPWIFFOT14T

It's German so you still have to change the strings to your needs.

Best regards

Can u reup it please?

I will translate it to English and upload it tomorrow!

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - Nimious - 2017-04-17

Hey DDurdle what can I do to get past the refresh_token error when I try to enroll an account?

I checked prior messages and it seems to be something you fixed but I can't get it to work.

I've tried revoking GDrive access and it'll then let me sign in with one account on one device but when I try and sign in with the same account on another device I get Missing required parameter REFRESH_TOKEN.

I've never had this happen to me before and I'm not sure what to do at all.

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - dmdsoftware - 2017-04-17

(2017-04-17, 06:11)Nimious Wrote: Hey DDurdle what can I do to get past the refresh_token error when I try to enroll an account?

I checked prior messages and it seems to be something you fixed but I can't get it to work.

I've tried revoking GDrive access and it'll then let me sign in with one account on one device but when I try and sign in with the same account on another device I get Missing required parameter REFRESH_TOKEN.

I've never had this happen to me before and I'm not sure what to do at all.

Are you using your own OAUTH2? Have you tried copying the settings.xml between instances?

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - makkonen - 2017-04-19

Thanks for this plugin. It's amazing. Literally plays better than locally stored files (sometimes).

I'll add my voice to the chorus saying that many files will now only transcode to 360p, which is mildly annoying (though they still work untranscoded, and for my purposes, high def + 360p covers about every use). Hopefully it's just a transient change, and not the new normal.

I'm currently running the testing version (0.8.37), and trying to figure out the best way to get from GDrive -> a nice, beautiful Kodi library. I know this is very much a Work-in-Progress in the plugin, so I'm just being impatient, but here's what I've tried:
Manual strm creation works great, but it is slow (only 5-10 minutes for each of my movies/tv shows directories, but that's enough to be annoying, since I have to start it manually). This plus a manual library update is what I'm using now.
The '<testing - manual run of change tracking build STRM>' command works well, too, (super fast, can sort the output by recently added items, which is convenient). Unfortunately, some files are so disastrously sorted that I think it would be impossible to massage it into working. I assume this is due to problems with naming on my end (and not being able to set certain directories to 'exclude' status).
The Google Apps Script from ryanjerskine on github looks promising, but I haven't managed to get it to traverse my whole collection yet, since it only runs in 6 minute bursts.
The cloud_db spreadsheet also looks promising, but I haven't figured out how to get it to populate the [cloud: library] section (I assume this is just not implemented yet).

Now, I know I'm asking for things that probably don't exist, but: is there a way at this point to get things that are added to google drive to automatically add to the kodi library? Alternately, is there a way to get the [cloud: library] function in the gdrive plugin to populate? (Related: is there something I could be doing with the spreadsheet.tab files that are spit out by the strm creation process?)

Or maybe none of it is possible at this point, in which case... it's still totally amazing. Thanks!

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - clockwerk - 2017-04-19

@DDurdle or anyone. When i do a rescan of my .strm, does it 1) scan everything and overwrites or 2) just finds the new/missing files?

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - dmdsoftware - 2017-04-19

(2017-04-19, 11:57)clockwerk Wrote: @DDurdle or anyone. When i do a rescan of my .strm, does it 1) scan everything and overwrites or 2) just finds the new/missing files?

Scans everything but only creates new STRM files.

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - horstepipe - 2017-04-20

hey ddurdle
sometimes when pausing a video for a couple of minutes and then return to playback, the video stops with this error in log:
ERROR: CCurlFile::FillBuffer - Failed: HTTP returned error 401

Are you aware of this problem?

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - dmdsoftware - 2017-04-20

(2017-04-20, 02:35)horstepipe Wrote: hey ddurdle
sometimes when pausing a video for a couple of minutes and then return to playback, the video stops with this error in log:

The stream is handed over to KODI to handle and if you stop playing, KODI stops sending packets to google and after timeout period, Google believes you have closed the browser so the session ends.

This could be handled in code by implementing a proxy.

Added an issue for tracking. https://github.com/ddurdle/GDrive-for-KODI/issues/117

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - charliehorse - 2017-04-20

(2017-04-20, 11:54)dmdsoftware Wrote:

The stream is handed over to KODI to handle and if you stop playing, KODI stops sending packets to google and after timeout period, Google believes you have closed the browser so the session ends.

Added an issue for tracking. https://github.com/ddurdle/GDrive-for-KODI/issues/117

I solved this problem by using 0 cache within kodi that way the whole video is buffered so that even if i pause the playback it will keep downloading the whole file.

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - dmdsoftware - 2017-04-20

(2017-04-20, 12:12)charliehorse Wrote:
(2017-04-20, 11:54)dmdsoftware Wrote:

I solved this problem by using 0 cache within kodi that way the whole video is buffered so that even if i pause the playback it will keep downloading the whole file.

Good advise. I guess cache=0 means unlimited, so it continues to cache until there is no more.

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - kaaaoiuyt - 2017-04-20

hi first thank you so much for this addon.

just 2 questions:

1)is there a way to add the movies into the regular Kodi Movies menu?im on Android Kodi 17.1 with the latest veraion of your addon.

2)when using the plugin,how do i create custom thumbnails for the files?

thanks alot again

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - horstepipe - 2017-04-21

(2017-04-20, 18:56)dmdsoftware Wrote:
(2017-04-20, 12:12)charliehorse Wrote:
(2017-04-20, 11:54)dmdsoftware Wrote: The stream is handed over to KODI to handle and if you stop playing, KODI stops sending packets to google and after timeout period, Google believes you have closed the browser so the session ends.

Good advise. I guess cache=0 means unlimited, so it continues to cache until there is no more.

Yes zero cache works, but it wears down the sd card / ssd / hdd heavily.
I understand why the problem occurs, but how could a proxy solve it?

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - bearing - 2017-04-21

Hi there ddurdle, I'm having issues accessing my Gdrive. I have successfully activated the account using my own OAUTH2 authentication but when I click on my enrolled account I am taken to a generic folder that isn't mine.

The folder I see looks like this:

<Testing - manual run of change tracking build STRM>
[SEARCH]
[show all Shared Files & Folders]
[show all Starred Files & Folders]
[show all Videos]

Any ideas where I may have gone wrong?

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - dmdsoftware - 2017-04-21

(2017-04-21, 13:02)bearing Wrote: Hi there ddurdle, I'm having issues accessing my Gdrive. I have successfully activated the account using my own OAUTH2 authentication but when I click on my enrolled account I am taken to a generic folder that isn't mine.

The folder I see looks like this:

<Testing - manual run of change tracking build STRM>
[SEARCH]
[show all Shared Files & Folders]
[show all Starred Files & Folders]
[show all Videos]

Any ideas where I may have gone wrong?

The Google instructions for using your own OAUTH2 has changed and the steps in the instructions won't work anymore. I haven't had time to review what has changed and what needs to be updated in the instructions.