Kodi Community Forum
Release gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on (/showthread.php?tid=177557)

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - dmdsoftware - 2017-08-05

(2017-08-05, 04:09)vassagopc Wrote:
(2017-08-04, 14:19)dmdsoftware Wrote: v0.8.49 (2017-08-04)
- limitation: Streamer needs to work with multiple accounts #141
- fix: Streamer causes plugin to hang when running from STRM #140

I'm tried the drive-testing, but it doesn't work at alll because the .strm file tries to open drive.plugin and not gdrive-testing.plugin.
I'm created a stream file with gdrive-testing.plugin, but it didn't work also.
The Plugin asks me for the account, then nothing happened .
Any idea, how I can try the v0.8.49 ?

thanks for helping!

Your STRM file will be calling plugin.video.gdrive and not plugin.video.gdrive-testing, so add -testing to it for testing with the testing version.

When you install the -testing version, you should copy the settings.xml from the non-testing version over to the -testing useraddon plugin directory so you can reuse the same login accounts you've already setup.

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - dmdsoftware - 2017-08-05

(2017-08-03, 16:37)SEIKT Wrote:
(2017-08-03, 14:33)dmdsoftware Wrote: You mean from encrypted streams from STRM?

Yup. Resume/watch status aren't working on the STRM files that point to encrypted files on my LibreELEC device.

Update to 0.8.51 and give the status updates a try (make sure tv and movie watch status is enabled in experimental pane in settings).

There is a special note that applies for right now, maybe I'll have a workaround eventually.... Inside the STRM file, the title= must have the same name (without the .strm) as the STRM filename. So if the item is Cube (1997) movie and my STRM filename is "Cube (2017).mp4.strm", the title needs to be title=Cube (1997).mp4 inside the STRM file. ( Cube (2017).strm with title=Cube (2017) would work too).

For encrypted files, at this point, watched status will only update if you watch the video to completion. If you hit stop, the "% to mark complete" in settings won't work for encrypted files. I use Google API to tell me the length of the video. So encrypted content has no response since Google doesn't know what it is. Otherwise, non-encrypted files that are recognized as video files will be marked complete if you stop the video past the "% to mark complete". I need to come up with another mechanism for tracking this for encrypted files. If you let the video roll past the credits and end naturally, it will be marked completed -- encrypted or not.

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - SEIKT - 2017-08-05

(2017-08-05, 17:49)dmdsoftware Wrote:
(2017-08-03, 16:37)SEIKT Wrote:
(2017-08-03, 14:33)dmdsoftware Wrote: You mean from encrypted streams from STRM?

Yup. Resume/watch status aren't working on the STRM files that point to encrypted files on my LibreELEC device.

Update to 0.8.51 and give the status updates a try (make sure tv and movie watch status is enabled in experimental pane in settings).

There is a special note that applies for right now, maybe I'll have a workaround eventually.... Inside the STRM file, the title= must have the same name (without the .strm) as the STRM filename. So if the item is Cube (1997) movie and my STRM filename is "Cube (2017).mp4.strm", the title needs to be title=Cube (1997).mp4 inside the STRM file. ( Cube (2017).strm with title=Cube (2017) would work too).

For encrypted files, at this point, watched status will only update if you watch the video to completion. If you hit stop, the "% to mark complete" in settings won't work for encrypted files. I use Google API to tell me the length of the video. So encrypted content has no response since Google doesn't know what it is. Otherwise, non-encrypted files that are recognized as video files will be marked complete if you stop the video past the "% to mark complete". I need to come up with another mechanism for tracking this for encrypted files. If you let the video roll past the credits and end naturally, it will be marked completed -- encrypted or not.

Cheers dmd. Yeah I saw the update. Played around with it before reading this post. Tested a few encrypted videos, at the end of each video, a random movie would become marked as watched and not the video that had just played. Guessing that has to do with my STRMs not incorporating the title parameter. I'll add this to my STRMs and give it a whirl.

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - SEIKT - 2017-08-05

Nice work dmd. Of the 10 videos I tested, all were marked as watched. I even encrypted that TV Show that we were discussing and now that gets marked as watched too.

Is resume meant to be working in this version? The prompt to resume appears with the correct playback time but videos still play from the start.

(2017-08-05, 20:32)SEIKT Wrote: Nice work dmd. Of the 10 videos I tested, all were marked as watched. I even encrypted that TV Show that we were discussing and now that gets marked as watched too.

Is resume meant to be working in this version? The prompt to resume appears with the correct playback time but videos still play from the start.

Checking into the seek.

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - dmdsoftware - 2017-08-06

(2017-08-05, 20:32)SEIKT Wrote: Nice work dmd. Of the 10 videos I tested, all were marked as watched. I even encrypted that TV Show that we were discussing and now that gets marked as watched too.

From the investigation, the vast majority of time by the time the first packets of the playback has decrypted and started playback, KODI's seek forward doesn't make it to the player. The seek call is made before the playback has started.

Two ways around it.
1) I can add cloud resume points for crypto so the seeking is handled by the plugin itself when you have cloud watch/resume setup (I assumed this was already working as it does for non-encrypted content, but I wasn't getting prompted)
2) make a fetch to the KODI db and check for a resume point and prompt the user if they want to skip to it if the plugin detects the playback started earlier then the resume point. In this case, if the user is avoiding to use a resume point, he purposely selects to start from the beginning, he will be asked a second time if he wants to use the resume point.

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - SEIKT - 2017-08-06

(2017-08-06, 15:38)dmdsoftware Wrote:

From the investigation, the vast majority of time by the time the first packets of the playback has decrypted and started playback, KODI's seek forward doesn't make it to the player. The seek call is made before the playback has started.

Two ways around it.
1) I can add cloud resume points for crypto so the seeking is handled by the plugin itself when you have cloud watch/resume setup (I assumed this was already working as it does for non-encrypted content, but I wasn't getting prompted)
2) make a fetch to the KODI db and check for a resume point and prompt the user if they want to skip to it if the plugin detects the playback started earlier then the resume point. In this case, if the user is avoiding to use a resume point, he purposely selects to start from the beginning, he will be asked a second time if he wants to use the resume point.

Interesting. Can a slight delay be added to your streamer to allow the user input to reach the player in time? If this is out of the question, I'd go with option 2 for a few reasons that I can think of off the top of my head:

1. Improved reliability - If your net cuts out during playback, the video will stop and the resume point won't be saved to the cloud. This won't be an issue if resume support is local.

2. Privacy - since we are doing this encryption thing, it would be best to preserve our incognito activity. There's the unlikely chance of Google going through the spreadsheet and connecting the dots.

3. Usability & convenience - easier for noobs to setup the local resume system.

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - vassagopc - 2017-08-06

(2017-08-05, 06:15)dmdsoftware Wrote: Your STRM file will be calling plugin.video.gdrive and not plugin.video.gdrive-testing, so add -testing to it for testing with the testing version.

When you install the -testing version, you should copy the settings.xml from the non-testing version over to the -testing useraddon plugin directory so you can reuse the same login accounts you've already setup.

I'm tried it with 0.8.5.2 version and it works perfectly.
Kodi is asking me if my default stream account is correct, but that is less than nothing problem Smile

Thank you for great work!

I have another question about Rclone and encrypting files at drive.
is there a possibility to encrypt the files "on-the-fly" in kodi/gdrive-add on ?

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - dmdsoftware - 2017-08-06

(2017-08-06, 16:29)SEIKT Wrote:
(2017-08-06, 15:38)dmdsoftware Wrote:

Two ways around it.

Interesting. Can a slight delay be added to your streamer to allow the user input to reach the player in time? If this is out of the question, I'd go with option 2 for a few reasons that I can think of off the top of my head:

1. Improved reliability - If your net cuts out during playback, the video will stop and the resume point won't be saved to the cloud. This won't be an issue if resume support is local.

2. Privacy - since we are doing this encryption thing, it would be best to preserve our incognito activity. There's the unlikely chance of Google going through the spreadsheet and connecting the dots.

3. Usability & convenience - easier for noobs to setup the local resume system.

Adding more delay would make ti worse.

(2017-08-06, 21:22)vassagopc Wrote:
(2017-08-05, 06:15)dmdsoftware Wrote: Your STRM file will be calling plugin.video.gdrive and not plugin.video.gdrive-testing, so add -testing to it for testing with the testing version.

I'm tried it with 0.8.5.2 version and it works perfectly.
Kodi is asking me if my default stream account is correct, but that is less than nothing problem Smile

Thank you for great work!

I have another question about Rclone and encrypting files at drive.
is there a possibility to encrypt the files "on-the-fly" in kodi/gdrive-add on ?

Do you mean decrypting rclone files on the fly? Not without the author of rclone documenting the encryption details.

The plugin uses decrypt on the fly for crypto.

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - SEIKT - 2017-08-06

(2017-08-06, 22:26)dmdsoftware Wrote: Adding more delay would make ti worse.

My bad. I comprehended the issue as the streamer performing its decryption process too quickly, not waiting long enough to allow the resume point to be received.

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - masimito - 2017-08-08

Hi!!

Please, help!

I have two kodi devices and one google drive account.

I followed the steps in dmdsoftware for OAUTH2.

Everything worked fine in the first kodi.

I am lazy, so in the second kodi device I just copied the .kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.gdrive/settings.xml from the first kodi device and everything worked OK.

However, when I came back to the first kodi device, gdrive can show all videos but just can't play it, it hangs in "opening stream", if I cancel I get: "Playback failed, one or more items failed to play. Check the log for more information about this message". Where is the log information?.

After a while it works again, but then it doesn't work anymore in the second kodi device!

I need the streams to work in both kodi devices, and also be able to add a third or fourth one.

Do I need to create a second username/auth code for the second kodi device? and the third and so on?

Could anyone help? please.

Thank you!

PD. Just if this is important, I have set up the google share only for people with the link.

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - SEIKT - 2017-08-08

I have duplicates of the same settings.xml on multiple devices and haven't incurred an issue.

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - SEIKT - 2017-08-08

Going to lay down some enhancement ideas which may be out of scope/not possible.

Enhancements to improve newbies ease of use:

1. Rename STRMs to a Kodi friendly format:

Example 1 - if the movie file is named Ghost in the Shell 2017 BluRay CEE 1080p AVC Atmos TrueHD 7 1
gdrive creates a STRM named Ghost in the Shell (2017).strm inside a folder dedicated to movie STRMs.

Example 2 - a TV episode file named Fear Factor S05E18 WEB x264
gdrive creates a directory named Fear Factor (if non-existent) inside a folder dedicated to TV STRMs. gdrive also creates a sub-directory named Season 05 (if non-existent). Within the Season 05 folder a STRM is created named S05E18.strm

2. Gdrive monitors a movie folder and TV folder within Google Drive, scouting for changes. When a new movie/TV show is uploaded, gdrive automatically creates a STRM file and also updates the local Kodi library. Perhaps gdrive even fetches subtitles for that particular video too.

3. Sync STRMs to cloud - Option to encrypt them for those who have gone down the encryption route.

General enhancements:

1. Now that it's possible to locally resume and mark videos as watched using STRMs, this may be a possibility too - Display movie/TV episode information and its poster art within the Kodi player when playing a STRM file.

2. Ability to delete videos within the browser and when deleted, gdrive automatically deletes the videos associated STRM file and cleans/updates the local library.

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - dmdsoftware - 2017-08-08

(2017-08-08, 15:46)SEIKT Wrote: Going to lay down some enhancement ideas which may be out of scope/not possible.

Enhancements to improve newbies ease of use:

1. Rename STRMs to a Kodi friendly format:

Example 1 - if the movie file is named Ghost in the Shell 2017 BluRay CEE 1080p AVC Atmos TrueHD 7 1
gdrive creates a STRM named Ghost in the Shell (2017).strm inside a folder dedicated to movie STRMs.

Example 2 - a TV episode file named Fear Factor S05E18 WEB x264
gdrive creates a directory named Fear Factor (if non-existent) inside a folder dedicated to TV STRMs. gdrive also creates a sub-directory named Season 05 (if non-existent). Within the Season 05 folder a STRM is created named S05E18.strm

2. Gdrive monitors a movie folder and TV folder within Google Drive, scouting for changes. When a new movie/TV show is uploaded, gdrive automatically creates a STRM file and also updates the local Kodi library. Perhaps gdrive even fetches subtitles for that particular video too.

3. Sync STRMs to cloud - Option to encrypt them for those who have gone down the encryption route.

General enhancements:

1. Now that it's possible to locally resume and mark videos as watched using STRMs, this may be a possibility too - Display movie/TV episode information and its poster art within the Kodi player when playing a STRM file.

2. Ability to delete videos within the browser and when deleted, gdrive automatically deletes the videos associated STRM file and cleans/updates the local library.

The plugin use to do #1 but someone made a request to not cleanup STRM filenames so it was removed. I was thinking about adding it back as a different STRM option altogether (save as "media STRM"). #2 was implemented also but removed. There were lots of issues with the implementation and I've been meaning to go back and redo it. Most of the issues was because I was using the settings.xml file to track the run times and the config file can get reset when a user is making a setting change. Really messy.