Kodi Community Forum
Official Add-On Website- issues and suggestions - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Website and Forum Issues or Suggestions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: Official Add-On Website- issues and suggestions (/showthread.php?tid=177783)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: Official Add-On Website- issues and suggestions - robwebset - 2015-01-16

I do understand what you mean - but was thinking that you would have:

Data in the Addon which is the core Data (This would always be the case - and cover the minimum requirements)

Then Data in the Wiki as the Extra data

So there would just be two places for the "Master Data" - this could obviously be "cached" at a central location to serve up to various clients.

Rob

RE: Official Add-On Website- issues and suggestions - Hedda - 2015-01-16

(2015-01-16, 11:48)da-anda Wrote: well, our addon reviewers have to do the entire review process for any submitted addon update, and having to do it only because one adds a youtube link to the addon.xml doesn't sound great to me, given that it's all done in sparetime and that this time is better spent on "real" updates.

Also, decoupling secondary metadata from the files might not be a bad idea in general (also for stuff like forum links etc). And if nobody would ever voice against hacks, nobody would take the lead and finally do it properly. Thing is, doing it properly is more work, but this only once, because once it's done properly more and more additions can be made much more easily. So in summary you should even save time.
OK I understand, very good points.

(2015-01-16, 12:55)zag Wrote: The wiki is a nice idea, but it would fragment the data too much for my liking , thats a seperate mysql db

My ultimate idea is to have simple appstore type frontend that shows all the add-ons in a friendly way over the web.

If apple/mozilla/google/steam can do it in one place, then so can we Wink
So how about making the existing addons on Add-On website be editable via the web like a wiki by addon developers (plus selected mods and admins), similar to how items on sites TheTVDVB, TheMovieDB, and TheMusicDB can be modified via the web if you have a registered account with the correct user access rights.

Then make the Add-On Website have an API that Kodi can scrape for that metadata with scrapers, just as it does with any other metadata site that it scrapes.

That would decouple such secondary metadata, however like Martijn points out, that means that Kodi would have store that new metadata in a database, but you would probably just add attentional tables to the addons database.

That is, make Lodi have at least one official addon scraper that scrapes http://addons.xbmc.org

Just like for other scrapers make it be extendable so that others (like example ) can add additional scrapers if they, like example for http://addons.totalxbmc.tv

RE: Official Add-On Website- issues and suggestions - zag - 2015-01-16

Quote:So how about making the existing addons on Add-On website be editable via the web like a wiki by addon developers (plus selected mods and admins), similar to how items on sites TheTVDVB, TheMovieDB, and TheMusicDB can be modified via the web if you have a registered account with the correct user access rights.

Then make the Add-On Website have an API that Kodi can scrape for that metadata with scrapers, just as it does with any other metadata site that it scrapes.

That would decouple such secondary metadata, however like Martijn points out, that means that Kodi would have store that new metadata in a database, but you would probably just add attentional tables to the addons database.

That is, make Lodi have at least one official addon scraper that scrapes http://addons.xbmc.org

Just like for other scrapers make it be extendable so that others (like example ) can add additional scrapers if they, like example for http://addons.totalxbmc.tv

Yep that was my initial thoughts on it. Certainly needs some thought though.

RE: Official Add-On Website- issues and suggestions - da-anda - 2015-01-16

@Hedda - yes, something like this is the plan - or let's say was at least my plan. The addon manager inside Kodi needs some improvements as well and these have been discussed for quite some time now (like making it more easy to find stuff, give suggestions, show new addons also inside Kodi, ...). Both approaches could build up on a addon server backend. And that's also why I refuse to spend any more time on the current codebase of the addon website - integrating all this using homebrew code is just reinventing the wheel for quite a lot of the required components on such a task. I'd like to startover and build this on the foundation of a PHP framework like Symfony or TYPO3 FLOW.

RE: Official Add-On Website- issues and suggestions - Ned Scott - 2015-01-17

On second thought, I'm not going to rock the boat over something I only have a passing interest in.

RE: Official Add-On Website- issues and suggestions - brando56894 - 2015-01-26

Any chance we're going to get this theme for Kodi any time soon? It's one of the main things that keeps me on Gotham.

RE: Official Add-On Website- issues and suggestions - Piers - 2015-01-27

How about including 1080XF in the skins section? It's noticeably absent.

RE: Official Add-On Website- issues and suggestions - da-anda - 2015-01-27

@Piers - in which repos is it? Gotham and Helix or only Helix?

RE: Official Add-On Website- issues and suggestions - Kib - 2015-01-28

@da-anda http://mirrors.kodi.tv/addons/helix/skin.1080xf/

RE: Official Add-On Website- issues and suggestions - da-anda - 2015-01-28

well, that explains because the addon frontend doesn't know about the helix repo yet. Will be "fixed"

RE: Official Add-On Website- issues and suggestions - Piers - 2015-01-30

Thank you.

Apart from that, I think the overall function provided by the website has the correct balance - information is easy to find and is clearly presented.

The design is not something I favour, but that's not what you're asking Tongue

RE: Official Add-On Website- issues and suggestions - da-anda - 2015-01-30

ok, just updated the addon frontend and your skins are in now Smile
edit: or well, it's only one it seems. In order for a skin to be listed is has to be compatible with extension point "xbmc.gui" 5.3.0

RE: Official Add-On Website- issues and suggestions - Meffry - 2015-02-23

Hi, I am very new to Kodi and been enjoying it but I have been having an issue with NBC Live Sports Add-on failing to play recently. It was working alright about a week ago but seems to have stopped working. I click on the game I want to watch, a spinning wheel with 'working' appears as it used to when it was working alright but then nothing happens. I then get the 'one or more of your items failed to play, check log file' error dialogue box..I have tried uploading a log file through Kodi but that fails too 'bad script'. so unfortunately I cannot paste a logfile. Any ideas as to what the issue could be? or what could be stopping the video initialising? I am using a Dell Optiplex PC 32-Bit Windows Vista 2ghz (an old but functional PC)...I have tried re-installing the add on, re-installing Kodi, tried older releases of Kodi, checking all firewall/AV settings but all settings appear correct. Like I said earlier, it was working about a week ago and just stopped and I haven't changed any system settings in between.. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

RE: Official Add-On Website- issues and suggestions - dennis64 - 2015-02-23

Hi there, i have an issue on my r-pi with the language settings in my movie library. I want to see my titels and plot in dutch. I keep on getting it in english.
My settigns are:
Settings -> appearance -> international -> skin: dutch (i don't know if this makes a difference)
Video -> files -> content movies -> the movie database -> settings-> preferred language: NL and preferred certification country: NL
There are no more setting that i know of.
After scanning my titels and plot are stil in english. Before scanning i made sure my old library was removed. When i click on a movie for movie information and i click on refresh then i get dutch title and plot.

I have 2 pi's. 1 does it correctly and 1 not. Prefs are the same. Can somebody please help me?

Dennis

RE: Official Add-On Website- issues and suggestions - ruuk - 2015-02-23

This thread is for the addon website. If you have questions that aren't about the website, please ask them in the appropriate thread or forum.