Kodi Community Forum
[BETA] XBMB3C - Media Browser AddOn for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [BETA] XBMB3C - Media Browser AddOn for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=178180)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

RE: [BETA] XBMB3C - Media Browser AddOn for XBMC - kri kri - 2014-02-04

Woops left off a letter.

http://thexem.de/

Hang on I got it working! Just had to put the files into their own season folders.

RE: [BETA] XBMB3C - Media Browser AddOn for XBMC - Dark_Slayer - 2014-02-05

(2014-02-01, 00:24)null_pointer Wrote: try this url in a browser

http://192.168.2.2:8096/mediabrowser/Users/f9189cdc3b4f4e36e6496966a52c4f53/items?ParentId=7590fdbff70eacfe432bf03e15f0821d&IsVirtualUnaired=false&IsMissing=False&Fields=Path,Genres,MediaStreams&SortOrder=Ascending&SortBy=SortName&Genres=&format=json/all

nearly the same but the all on the end

One of the logs has an actual bug in it, the list does not have a get function is something I fixed a few days ago.

Here you go http://pastebin.com/SXMH0ebf

Sorry for taking so long to get back

Alright, well I'm still getting no success from the repo (using Gotham nightly on Linux Mint)

I did get my first successful use of XBMB3C on my wife's W7 laptop. I updated her version of XBMC from frodo to gotham alpha 11 and used the latest master.zip of xbmb3c, but no disc art. Everything else was there though Smile

Here is my latest log from the 0.8.0 XBMB3C master.zip (from xnappo's post on 2/1)
http://pastebin.com/vUgDgYGx

RE: [BETA] XBMB3C - Media Browser AddOn for XBMC - Dark_Slayer - 2014-02-05

I'm using Mint 15 for these logs and browser "paste" logs

For the xbmc.log above, I started XBMC, went to "Customize main menu" in MQ5, selected "replace this menu with Video Node" and then tried to go "into" XBMB3C. It threw the script failed error. Then I tried to replace the main menu item with a "Video add-on" and chose XBMB3C. I went back to the main menu and selected XBMB3C, and the "script failed" error showed up there as well (as expected based on the Video Node navigation in MQ5 main menu setup not working)

To give some more info on my setup, I don't use any samba username or password (network shares are r/w on Mint 15 with no username or password)

I enter the username for MB3, but I have no password (so I leave that blank)

Previously (days ago) to "try" working around what may be some kind of samba username password requirement, I entered my server's (W8.1) username and login in the XBMB3C config and still received the errors.

Also, not sure if this is related, but I am running the server as a service. On my one successful use of this excellent add-on (from W7 laptop) I did not need to enter a samba username or password.

RE: [BETA] XBMB3C - Media Browser AddOn for XBMC - cracksloth - 2014-02-07

Ideally, I would like to run this on RaspBMC and use one of the many XBMC remote control apps. If I understand correctly, this wouldn't work with the remote apps because it is not emulating the native library but rather creating a new library (and optionally hiding the native library). Is that right? Is it possible for an addon to emulate the native library so that it works with XBMC remote control apps?

Thanks for the great addition to MB3!

RE: [BETA] XBMB3C - Media Browser AddOn for XBMC - xnappo - 2014-02-07

(2014-02-07, 04:28)cracksloth Wrote: Ideally, I would like to run this on RaspBMC and use one of the many XBMC remote control apps. If I understand correctly, this wouldn't work with the remote apps because it is not emulating the native library but rather creating a new library (and optionally hiding the native library). Is that right? Is it possible for an addon to emulate the native library so that it works with XBMC remote control apps?

Thanks for the great addition to MB3!

I haven't tried one of the XBMC remote apps - if they let you go into AddOns then it would work. The other option you have is using MB3 to manage your Metadata, but then use the XBMC's library and Trakt to keep things in sync.

If we do anything from our side - it is going to be adding in remote control capability from the MB3 Web client to XBMC. That is a lot bigger than most things on our to-do list, but also sounds like a lot of fun. Will add it to our Git 'Issues' list.

xnappo

RE: [BETA] XBMB3C - Media Browser AddOn for XBMC - el_cabong - 2014-02-07

(2014-02-07, 16:46)xnappo Wrote: If we do anything from our side - it is going to be adding in remote control capability from the MB3 Web client to MB3. That is a lot bigger than most things on our to-do list...

Thats awesome. ive been wanting to request that, but was waiting to throw it on top of the pile until it got smaller Smile.. and even if its just the ability to send (play) a video in xbmc from the mb3 web client page, that would be huge.

RE: [BETA] XBMB3C - Media Browser AddOn for XBMC - null_pointer - 2014-02-08

@Dark_Slayer

Code:
ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
     - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
    Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
    Error Contents: 'xbmcgui.ListItem' object has no attribute 'setArt'
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/home/masterfull/.xbmc/addons/MediaBrowser.XBMC-master/default.py", line 1845, in <module>
        displaySections()
      File "/home/masterfull/.xbmc/addons/MediaBrowser.XBMC-master/default.py", line 880, in displaySections
        dirItems.append(addGUIItem(s_url, details, extraData))
      File "/home/masterfull/.xbmc/addons/MediaBrowser.XBMC-master/default.py", line 688, in addGUIItem
        setArt(list,'poster', poster)
      File "/home/masterfull/.xbmc/addons/MediaBrowser.XBMC-master/default.py", line 1697, in setArt
        list.setArt({name:path})
    AttributeError: 'xbmcgui.ListItem' object has no attribute 'setArt'

but
Code:
Version : 13.0 - {u'major': 13, u'tag': u'prealpha', u'minor': 0, u'revision': u'8022115'}
So I don't know why your Gothum XBMC is not fully up to date.

I would say only use Frodo, When Gothum bits Beta we will start making sure this addon works with it.

RE: [BETA] XBMB3C - Media Browser AddOn for XBMC - smitopher - 2014-02-09

Got one issue and one question

Issue:

I have MB3 running on a server and I have client with XBMC/XBMB3C and Media Browser Theater. On my server I have Blu Ray rips made with MakeMKV (disk backups, not mkv files). Media Browser Theater plays them fine. XBMC/XBMB3C does not. I comes up with the Resume prompt if the show is not completely watched but the video just does not start.

Is this a supported config? Do you want a log?

Question.

I am experimenting with MB3 as a back end for a friend. He has 2 AppleTV 2's. The Apple TV 2 is not the strongest engine in the world for running skins. Is there a way to make XBMB3C the main top menu video provider in Confluence? How does using MB3 server backend XBMC/XBMB3C client perform verses XBMC internal database for presenting meta data and art? How complete is the service for meta data, art and library status provided by XBMB3C?

RE: [BETA] XBMB3C - Media Browser AddOn for XBMC - im85288 - 2014-02-09

(2014-02-09, 06:54)smitopher Wrote: Got one issue and one question

Issue:

I have MB3 running on a server and I have client with XBMC/XBMB3C and Media Browser Theater. On my server I have Blu Ray rips made with MakeMKV (disk backups, not mkv files). Media Browser Theater plays them fine. XBMC/XBMB3C does not. I comes up with the Resume prompt if the show is not completely watched but the video just does not start.

Is this a supported config? Do you want a log?

The add-on uses the native xbmc player so if the blu ray rips play fine through XBMC without the plugin it should play fine when played via XBMB3C. Have you tried to play them directly? There's also a stream option in the plugin settings that may be worth a try. If it plays fine using that option you may want to look into using path substitution which will be included in the next version and is already available on the media browser server.

ps. A log would be useful if none of the above solves it.

(2014-02-09, 06:54)smitopher Wrote: Question.

I am experimenting with MB3 as a back end for a friend. He has 2 AppleTV 2's. The Apple TV 2 is not the strongest engine in the world for running skins. Is there a way to make XBMB3C the main top menu video provider in Confluence? How does using MB3 server backend XBMC/XBMB3C client perform verses XBMC internal database for presenting meta data and art? How complete is the service for meta data, art and library status provided by XBMB3C?

I think Nullpointer created an easy way with using favourites for confluence. With a Gotham version of XBMC the XBMB3C client retrieves even more metadata and artwork that was available locally, things such as proper collection artwork for movies (i.e. logos etc), the ability to use jazzed up posters from the cover art mb3 plugin, critic reviews from rotten tomatoes, next aired information on tvshows etc etc. Not only that but the add-on also can provide fanart backgrounds to skins so you can start with a clean install of xbmc with no local library information, use this add-on and have your fan arts displayed as backgrounds in a skin that supports it.

RE: [BETA] XBMB3C - Media Browser AddOn for XBMC - null_pointer - 2014-02-09

Quote:Is this a supported config? Do you want a log?
yes a log would help to identify the problem

Quote:Is there a way to make XBMB3C the main top menu video provider in Confluence?
Yes there is, I have some edited confluence skin files you can use to convert the default confluence skin to replace the local lib with the remote MB3 one.
The edited file are in the addon dir /skin_diffs/skin.confluence/720p there are 4 files there you just need to copy them and replace the ones in the default confluence skin addon.
It is probably a good idea to keep a backup of the original files.
The default confluence skin addon is located in the base install directory of xbmc under addons.
Once you have copied the skin filea and replace the default ones all you need to do is add some favorites, the skin loaded the favorites list and adds and XBMB3C items to the main menu.
The order of the favorites is important, the first two should be movies and then Tv in that order, this is because the recently added strip at the top of the main page is shown for movies when the first menu item is selected and tv is shown for the second one.

Here is a quick video of XBMB3C using the edited Confluence Skin files
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvNZNoE1q5M#t=0

RE: [BETA] XBMB3C - Media Browser AddOn for XBMC - smitopher - 2014-02-10

(2014-02-09, 23:33)null_pointer Wrote:
Quote:Is this a supported config? Do you want a log?
yes a log would help to identify the problem
Here is a log from startup to requesting a movie http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=128344

I did not shut down and then opened the movie by browsing a smb file source. http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=128346

RE: [BETA] XBMB3C - Media Browser AddOn for XBMC - null_pointer - 2014-02-10

I think this might be the same issie I was seeing for ripped DVD's

http://mediabrowser3.com/community/index.php?/topic/2108-xbmb3c-media-browser-addon-for-xbmc/page-10#entry55228

MB3 returns the movie path without the "/VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.IFO" bit, we had to add detection of DVD types and manually append the "/VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.IFO" to the end of the play url to get them to work.

It looks like the addon is trying to launch/play the actual dir

//THE-BUCKET/BluRayRips/MediaBrowserLib/Movies/2001 A Space Odyssey (1968)

Without the extra file path info, can you confirm your movie path structure and what should be launched in the player, perhaps something similar to what was done for DVD titles can be done for BR titles.

RE: [BETA] XBMB3C - Media Browser AddOn for XBMC - smitopher - 2014-02-10

If I understand you correctly, yes, that is the path to the root of the BR rip.

If I browse the path with xbmc, i have to browse all the way to the BDMV/index.bdmv file to play the movie.

Setting a source with the path //THE-BUCKET/BluRayRips/MediaBrowserLib/Movies and xbmc can find and play the movies.

I'm having the same issue in WMC\Media Browser Classic too. Media Browser Theater plays BR rips

How big of an effort would it be to move from being a python add-in to a C++ module in the core XBMC product?

RE: [BETA] XBMB3C - Media Browser AddOn for XBMC - xnappo - 2014-02-10

(2014-02-10, 04:14)null_pointer Wrote: I think this might be the same issie I was seeing for ripped DVD's

http://mediabrowser3.com/community/index.php?/topic/2108-xbmb3c-media-browser-addon-for-xbmc/page-10#entry55228

MB3 returns the movie path without the "/VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.IFO" bit, we had to add detection of DVD types and manually append the "/VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.IFO" to the end of the play url to get them to work.

It looks like the addon is trying to launch/play the actual dir

//THE-BUCKET/BluRayRips/MediaBrowserLib/Movies/2001 A Space Odyssey (1968)

Without the extra file path info, can you confirm your movie path structure and what should be launched in the player, perhaps something similar to what was done for DVD titles can be done for BR titles.

Definitely. This is an easy fix if you can tell us what the filename is that needs to be played Smile

xnappo

RE: [BETA] XBMB3C - Media Browser AddOn for XBMC - null_pointer - 2014-02-10

Quote:How big of an effort would it be to move from being a python add-in to a C++ module in the core XBMC product?
next to impossible, well very hard anyway.

so the correct path would be
Quote://THE-BUCKET/BluRayRips/MediaBrowserLib/Movies/2001 A Space Odyssey (1968)/BDMV/index.bdmv
Correct?
if so we just need to add the "/BDMV/index.bdmv" top BR ripps