Kodi Community Forum
[BETA] XBMB3C - Media Browser AddOn for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [BETA] XBMB3C - Media Browser AddOn for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=178180)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

RE: [BETA] XBMB3C - Media Browser AddOn for XBMC - smitopher - 2014-02-10

Either /BDMV/index.bdmv or /BDMV/MoveObject.bdmv work when browsing a bd rip

RE: [BETA] XBMB3C - Media Browser AddOn for XBMC - crimsonfury - 2014-02-15

Had to update my Gotham but I got XBMB3C working! I am using AEON NOX and once in the addon all looks great!

My only issue is how can I add Recent and In Progress to the Widgets on the Homescreen? I added my link in XBMB3C to movies on the homescreen to movies but I can't figure how to show the Recents in Widgets on the Homescreen...

I would love to leave Plex fully in the dust... But PHT shows Recent and On Deck on the Homescreen for all Tabs...

RE: [BETA] XBMB3C - Media Browser AddOn for XBMC - xnappo - 2014-02-15

(2014-02-10, 06:19)smitopher Wrote: Either /BDMV/index.bdmv or /BDMV/MoveObject.bdmv work when browsing a bd rip

Does that mean both always work, or sometimes it is one and other times the other?

xnappo

(2014-02-15, 10:44)crimsonfury Wrote: Had to update my Gotham but I got XBMB3C working! I am using AEON NOX and once in the addon all looks great!

My only issue is how can I add Recent and In Progress to the Widgets on the Homescreen? I added my link in XBMB3C to movies on the homescreen to movies but I can't figure how to show the Recents in Widgets on the Homescreen...

I would love to leave Plex fully in the dust... But PHT shows Recent and On Deck on the Homescreen for all Tabs...

Definitely possible. If you help play with it a bit we can have it going by the end of the day. If im85288 or null_pointer stop by, even faster Big Grin

I want this myself. I played with it last weekend a little but didn't quite get it working.

The way that this works is the 'service.py' part of the AddOn keeps track of all the recently added collections etc and sets variables that the skin then uses to display them.

If you open 'service.py' you will find a class called 'class RecentInfoUpdaterThread(threading.Thread):' In there you will see that it sets a bunch of properties like this:
WINDOW.setProperty("LatestMovieMB3." + str(item_count) + ".Title", title)

Okay, well so there is already an example. Look at plugin.video.xbmb3c/skin_diffs/skin.confluence/IncludesHomeRecentlyAdded.xml. Here you will find modifications null_pointer made to use the WINDOW properties to change the widgets. It looks like this:

Code:
<item>
                                                        <label>$INFO[Window.Property(LatestMovieMB3.1.Title)]</label>
                                                        <label2></label2>
                                                        <onclick>PlayMedia($ESCINFO[Window.Property(LatestMovieMB3.1.Path)])</onclick>
                                                        <icon>$INFO[Window.Property(LatestMovieMB3.1.Thumb)]</icon>
                                                        <thumb>-</thumb>
                                                        <visible>!IsEmpty(Window.Property(LatestMovieMB3.1.Title))</visible>
                                                </item>

Okay - great - we have an example. So then I went looking at Aeon Nox, and found the file skin.aeon.nox/1080i/Includes_Widget1.xml.

Open that guy up and you will find a section called '<include name="LatestMoviesItems">'.

GREAT (I thought) this is obvious. The syntax there almost looked like it would work the way it was - so I just made the minor modification to variable name.

Then I fired up XBMC and went to edit the menu to turn on the 'RecentMovies' widget(which at least right now is only there if you have at least one movie in the XBMC library, I am sure we can fix that)

But then Sad Sad

It didn't work - still shows just the one movie I have in the XBMC library. I saw there was also a file called 'Includes_Widget2.xml' - modified that one, same thing.

So it is just a matter of finding the right place to edit. I probably could have found it in the time it took me to type this - but figured it was good for future reference anyway. I'll have another look.

Also note any time you are changing the skin files you have to restart XBMC to see the effect.

xnappo

FYI - I figured it out and am working on the mods now.

xnappo

Okay, initial mods for Aeon Nox widgets are complete. The instructions I wrote above work - I must have been smoking too much crack last weekend or something.

Grab the files from Git here:
https://github.com/MediaBrowser/MediaBrowser.XBMC/tree/master/skin_diffs/skin.aeon.nox/1080i

Back up your originals, and copy these over.

What is working:
- Recent Movies as Widget 1 or Widget 2
- Recent TV as Widget 1 or Widget 2
- Recommended TV (NextUp) as Widget 2

Can't figure out why Recommended TV won't work as Widget 1 - probably some typo but I am sick of staring at it.

I only tested 'Panel'.

Obviously more can be done - it is easy but tedious. Please feel free to add more!!!

xnappo

P.S. It is really cool

RE: [BETA] XBMB3C - Media Browser AddOn for XBMC - crimsonfury - 2014-02-16

Awesome!

Now... if I only knew how to download the individual xml's? I don't have github installed. I just download gits from the master page...

RE: [BETA] XBMB3C - Media Browser AddOn for XBMC - xnappo - 2014-02-16

Just get the whole thing from here then:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/MediaBrowser.XBMC/archive/master.zip

Unzip somewhere and just grab those files. I wouldn't recommend using the whole thing, lots of alpha code in there.

xnappo

RE: [BETA] XBMB3C - Media Browser AddOn for XBMC - crimsonfury - 2014-02-16

Work great!

Can I request In Progress as another widget for Movies and TV? I see it there but when I add it for movies... nothing shows.

RE: [BETA] XBMB3C - Media Browser AddOn for XBMC - Ballistic - 2014-02-16

Awesome! Works like a charm here too!

I have been running XBMB3C 0.8 for some time now and i have the following suggestions. Maybe this helps make the app better.

1: Bug in favorites with different useraccounts;
I have several favorite movies selected via the MB3 webinterface. In XBMC I login with the same useraccount and the favorites show up without any problems.
However, When i change the useraccount in the XBMB3C config, the favorites from my first useraccount still show up and i am unable to delete them. Maybe they are cached somewhere locallly?

2: Long loading time when entering movies
Takes upto 15 seconds. Again, this just might be my luxury problem as i have 3000+ titles.

(2014-02-16, 09:34)crimsonfury Wrote: Work great!

Can I request In Progress as another widget for Movies and TV? I see it there but when I add it for movies... nothing shows.

Yep - I only implemented the ones I mentioned Smile

We don't currently have in-progress support for the Widgets - I will add this as a feature request. The Git version does have an in-progress video node that you could add to a sub-menu if you don't mind running Alpha software.

xnappo

(2014-02-16, 17:04)Ballistic Wrote: Awesome! Works like a charm here too!

I have been running XBMB3C 0.8 for some time now and i have the following suggestions. Maybe this helps make the app better.

1: Bug in favorites with different useraccounts;
I have several favorite movies selected via the MB3 webinterface. In XBMC I login with the same useraccount and the favorites show up without any problems.
However, When i change the useraccount in the XBMB3C config, the favorites from my first useraccount still show up and i am unable to delete them. Maybe they are cached somewhere locallly?

2: Long loading time when entering movies
Takes upto 15 seconds. Again, this just might be my luxury problem as i have 3000+ titles.

1. Yeah - that is a cache problem - I will file a bug.
2. Yes, not much we can do - that is a lot of movies. You could start organizing with BoxSets to speed things up. Basically change your directory structure to this:

Star Wars [BoxSet]\
Star Wars - The Phantom Menace (phantom edit hopefully)
etc

xnappo

Thanks for the swift reply! They are already boxed up so i guess i will just have to live with it for now Smile

If some kind of loading splash window or animation can be implemented it would relieve the pain though!

(2014-02-16, 17:14)Ballistic Wrote: Thanks for the swift reply! They are already boxed up so i guess i will just have to live with it for now Smile

If some kind of loading splash window or animation can be implemented it would relieve the pain though!

That we can do. We actually had it and removed it once it was fast enough for our paltry collections Big Grin

There is one thing on our list that *might* help - but I would guess only 10% or so.

xnappo

Great! I can't wait for that!

Ohyeah, one other thing. Any way to implement the Library stats in Aeon Nox? It reports 0 at the moment.

Yeah - pop over to the MB3 thread and ask @im85288 how to do that. He has it working in xperience1080++

xnappo