Kodi Community Forum
[BETA] XBMB3C - Media Browser AddOn for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [BETA] XBMB3C - Media Browser AddOn for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=178180)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

RE: [BETA] XBMB3C - Media Browser AddOn for XBMC - xnappo - 2014-02-18

Should be fixed now.

xnappo

RE: [BETA] XBMB3C - Media Browser AddOn for XBMC - crimsonfury - 2014-02-18

Awesome!

Just installed and yes the Seasons Posters are back and Episode images work on all views... But 2 more problems started now:

1. In Episode View the Poster is also the Episode art instead of the Season Art.

2. Fanart is gone for all seasons once you enter the season at Episode level and even at Season view only the first season shows fanart...

(2014-02-18, 09:58)crimsonfury Wrote: Awesome!

Just installed and yes the Seasons Posters are back and Episode images work on all views... But 2 more problems started now:

1. In Episode View the Poster is also the Episode art instead of the Season Art.

2. Fanart is gone for all seasons once you enter the season at Episode level and even at Season view only the first season shows fanart...

Okay - made another attempt.

Note that the artwork is pretty ugly in Aeon Nox because a lot of the views do not handle the Episode thumb aspect ratio well. Aeon MQ5 is better in this regard.

xnappo

Haven't tried Aeon MQ5... Tried MQ4 and didn't like the Homescreen because it handled the Recent/Inprogress kind of ugly, hopefully better in MQ5.

Does MQ5 use your Recent and InProgress Widgets on HomeScreen? Meaning can I use XBMB3C and see Recently Added Movies and Episodes on the Homescreen?

Yeah, I personally use Aeon Nox with the TriPanel and LowList views - with 'Use Season Art' set to true.

Aeon MQ5 could be modded - basically any skin can.

xnappo

(2014-02-18, 22:12)xnappo Wrote: Yeah, I personally use Aeon Nox with the TriPanel and LowList views - with 'Use Season Art' set to true.

Aeon MQ5 could be modded - basically any skin can.

xnappo

Where do you see the "Use Season Art"...?

RE: [BETA] XBMB3C - Media Browser AddOn for XBMC - null_pointer - 2014-02-19

Its in the addon settings, first tab at the bottom

RE: [BETA] XBMB3C - Media Browser AddOn for XBMC - crimsonfury - 2014-02-20

1. Well I tried the last update and the Episode images look great in "Episode View" but the Poster on the left is the same episode image stretched... So I went and turned Use Season Art on and it screws up all the episode images again and makes them cropped Season Poster Art for all Episodes... So I turned off "Use Season Art" and all looks good again except Poster in Episode view, so I turn off the Poster and it looks fine.

2. Also a script that I used to use HERE for the orginal 4.1.9 that allowed the Recent and In Progress widgets to work for each HomeScreen item Individually.

Meaning I have "Movies", "TV", "Kids", and "Kids TV" and I want the widgets above "Movies" to show only Recents for "Movies" and then above "Kids" I want only Recents for "Kids" to show.

Will that script above work with xbmb3c and Aeon Nox Gotham? I see in their thread that Gotham seems to work but I'm not sure how to make legit "Smart Playlists" with xbmb3c for this to work...

Can anyone test and figure this out?

3. Also I wanted to ask is in the scope to have MB3 server work directly with XBMC and not have to use this plugin? So XBMC would just see the server as if it was XBMC video folders...?

RE: [BETA] XBMB3C - Media Browser AddOn for XBMC - null_pointer - 2014-02-20

1. Yeah that is up to how the skin wants to display the images

2. I think that is random and last played list for local library media, that would not work for the MB3 content

3. No, we are not working towards native MB3->XBMC integration, this addon is the integration.

(2014-02-20, 02:48)null_pointer Wrote: 1. Yeah that is up to how the skin wants to display the images

2. I think that is random and last played list for local library media, that would not work for the MB3 content

3. No, we are not working towards native MB3->XBMC integration, this addon is the integration.

2. So there is no way to add mb3 data into xbmc as a Smart Playlist at all?

3. Is there no one working towards this? I would think that would be the best option. MB3(Sweet Server)+XBMC(Best Front End)=Best MEDIA Consumption!

Sorry all the questions... I am just trying to feel out what is possible now and what I can help test out and flesh out.

Another question:

Do XBMC Video Extras work with xbmb3c? I want to start ripping extras from blurays into mkv in the "Extras" folders inside each movie's folder....

RE: [BETA] XBMB3C - Media Browser AddOn for XBMC - lukemb - 2014-02-20

We actually support it via a 'specials' folder, however, for the upcoming server release (probably this weekend), we are adding support for the xbmc extras folder. That is server-level support. For display in the xbmb3c presentation, I'm sure they'll get to it.

So If I make a bunch of "Extras" folders in movie's individual folders, MB3 server will see them? Right now xbmb3c doesn't see extras?

RE: [BETA] XBMB3C - Media Browser AddOn for XBMC - null_pointer - 2014-02-20

Quote:So there is no way to add mb3 data into xbmc as a Smart Playlist at all?
no, why would you want to? Are you looking for customized filtering? i.e. return everything that starts with "The" or return everything that is in MPEG2 format etc

Quote:Is there no one working towards this? I would think that would be the best option. MB3(Sweet Server)+XBMC(Best Front End)=Best MEDIA Consumption!
I think the addon is going to be very usable and functional, what exactly are you expecting would be possible by tighter integration with the client?

I did have one idea that I have not fully investigated yet, this was inserting the media meta data and paths directly into the xbmc DB, this would allow xbmc to use its internal DB to display all the data, you woud need to keep with DB updated with the data from MB3 using a addon service. I looked inot this quickly but coud not find a way to create new movie data from scratch in the DB so gave up.