Kodi Community Forum
[BETA] XBMB3C - Media Browser AddOn for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [BETA] XBMB3C - Media Browser AddOn for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=178180)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

RE: [BETA] XBMB3C - Media Browser AddOn for XBMC - ryvanzandt - 2014-01-27

Plugin still report version 0.7.5. Give script error on XBMC startup.

RE: [BETA] XBMB3C - Media Browser AddOn for XBMC - xnappo - 2014-01-27

Okay, please turn on debugging in the addon and post a log. I didn't change the reported version.

xnappo

RE: [BETA] XBMB3C - Media Browser AddOn for XBMC - ryvanzandt - 2014-01-28

Never mind a complete system reboot fixed the problem. Windows 8.1

This the part of code that reported error.

19:32:59 T:12284 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IOError'>
Error Contents: (2, 'No such file or directory', 'C:\\Users\\Ryan\\AppData\\Roaming\\XBMC\\userdata\\favourites.xml')
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Ryan\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\MediaBrowser.XBMC-master\service.py", line 40, in <module>
loadMenuOptions()
File "C:\Users\Ryan\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\MediaBrowser.XBMC-master\service.py", line 23, in loadMenuOptions
tree = xml.parse(favourites_file)
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\xml\etree\ElementTree.py", line 1182, in parse
tree.parse(source, parser)
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\xml\etree\ElementTree.py", line 647, in parse
source = open(source, "rb")
IOError: (2, 'No such file or directory', 'C:\\Users\\Ryan\\AppData\\Roaming\\XBMC\\userdata\\favourites.xml')
-->End of Python script error report<--

Let me know if you need the entire log.

RE: [BETA] XBMB3C - Media Browser AddOn for XBMC - xnappo - 2014-01-28

Thanks,
This is fixed if you want to try again...
xnappo

Got poster art and fanart backdrop, no disc or logo art.

Ry

(2014-01-28, 03:40)ryvanzandt Wrote: Got poster art and fanart backdrop, no disc or logo art.

Ry

You are running Gotham? What skin?

xnappo

Gotham Aeon MQ5. Thought that's what I saw in the video.

Yep - that should be working... Can you open your default.py and just double-check that it has this code:
Code:
#Set the disc image if it has been enabled
        disc=str(extraData.get('disc',''))
        discPath=disc.encode('utf-8')
        if '?' in disc:
            setArt(list,'discart',disc)
        else:
            setArt(list,'discart','discPath')

If you do have that, then the problem must be an issue with the service, and I will need a full log file.

xnappo

Yea its there. Does anything special need set for upnp or webservice. I assume not, since I'm getting everything else. I'll grab a new log tomorrow and pm you a link.

Thanks
Ry

Pretty sure we found this problem (it was with determining Gotham vs. Frodo).

Should be fixed now.

xnappo

Downloaded latest master, but did not fix missing art. I did not reboot PC. Sent PM with new Log link.

RE: [BETA] XBMB3C - Media Browser AddOn for XBMC - mika91 - 2014-01-29

what a great works!
Thanks very much

(2014-01-17, 17:03)xnappo Wrote:
(2014-01-17, 10:41)Ballistic Wrote: -Subtitle add-on broken when using Streaming to play video
To XBMC/Subtitle addon, the playing video is always named "STREAM" and thus subtitles cannot be found. Reported by xnappo as non-fixable as this is the only information the MB3 server is giving. Suggestion is to use SMB. However, I am using the server<->client over the internet so SMB is really not preferred. Workaround-> Manually enter video title (option in subtitles addon)
I am wondering if I can actually change the name of the playing file after it has started. It might not change the OSD display, but maybe will help with this identification. Alternatively, a request for a subtitle search API in MB3 might be nice.

xnappo

What happens when using SMB and downloading subtitle with the add-on?
XBMC keeps it localy, or it updates MB3 library?

How to configure MB3, XBMC and XBM3BC so that:
  • my local XBMC instance uses a direct drive access
  • my android devices use stream
  • keep the library synchronized

RE: [BETA] XBMB3C - Media Browser AddOn for XBMC - xnappo - 2014-01-29

(2014-01-29, 19:12)mika91 Wrote: (1)What happens when using SMB and downloading subtitle with the add-on?
XBMC keeps it localy, or it updates MB3 library?

(2)How to configure MB3, XBMC and XBM3BC so that:
  • my local XBMC instance uses a direct drive access
  • my android devices use stream
  • keep the library synchronized

(1) Interesting question - I don't really know. I would guess that if you are using SMB it will drop it in the SMB location... But it may not know the correct path. Try it and let us know?

(2) (a) That is the default (b) You could use that with XBMB3C and select the Stream/Transcode options OR you could use the MB3 client in the Play store © It will be synchronized either way - that is the main point!

xnappo

RE: [BETA] XBMB3C - Media Browser AddOn for XBMC - ryvanzandt - 2014-01-30

xnappo

Installed 1080++ on a fresh install and i'm getting a script failed error for xbmb3c. Log shows skin not defined error. Everything works just get error when backing out. JFYI.

Really Like this with the 1080++ skin.

Ry

RE: [BETA] XBMB3C - Media Browser AddOn for XBMC - olarf - 2014-01-30

First I want to say thanks for all the work you invest in this great Plugin. I use it and so far it do what I expect. Today I try to stream music on other Notebook and Smartphone from mb3 Server and I realized that there is no option to do playlists Sad I google a bit around and from what I see it seems that seriously playlists are not supported by MB3 so far which is a bit strange from my opinion. However, I move then back to xbmc and use your plugin to see if I can make a playlist there but unfortunatly there is also no option to create playlists like it is possible in xbmc music area. So if I'm not simply to stupid to figure out how to make a playlist on a MB3 client (I try Browser and Android App) I think this is a thing people need and miss. From what I read it exist in MB2 but is not possible in MB3 anymore.
Wouldnt it be great to implement this feature into your Plugin (if it is possible). I gues many people would love it. A music player without playlist option is kind of useless but MB3 seems to focus totaly on movie stuff and less on music so if you see a option, please fill that gapp and make your Plugin even more a dream.