Kodi Community Forum
Pivos xios help please - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Android (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=164)
+---- Thread: Pivos xios help please (/showthread.php?tid=182055)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Pivos xios help please - davilla - 2014-01-09

https://github.com/Pivosgroup/xbmc/tree/12.2-Frodo-pivos , looks like Frodo 12.2 to me.

To enabled amcodec, https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/8d70093f1c8b76cbbe78587ed49e017528e8bed6 , the same works in Frodo 12.3.

Amcodec was not enabled in Frodo 12.3 because there was a serious issue with it working under all released AML firmware based devices. A critical AMLogic API strut size was changed between the different versions (ISC vs Jellybean) so it would work with one and not the other. A solution to this issue was found AFTER Frodo 12.3 release. So it did not make it into Frodo 12.3. That solution however is present in and amcodec is enabled in the current Gotham. Frodo 12.3 is end of the line for the Frodo series, there will not be a Frodo 12.4.

Pivos is targeting Gotham because it's the Pivos devs feel that it is the best version with the most stable audio/video playback under all AML devices. I and others run it daily and I have no clue what you mean by unstable. Gotham is in feature freeze and is moving toward release. Just because the version says 'alpha' is meaningless. It's the 1st stage of three towards a release. At each stage, the release managers (RMs) become more and more restrictive about what commits are permitted into the code base.

Pivos might do a Frodo 12.3 based release but this decision will have to wait until after the Pivos sync/release to Gotham which is of interest to much, much more Pivos users. As of now, I've seen two people wanting Frodo 12.3 and a ton more showing interest in Gotham. Pivos does not have unlimited resources so it cannot satisfy all requests.

And BTW, Netflix works just fine for me...

RE: Pivos xios help please - tekno - 2014-01-11

It says 11 months ago so I would see that as February so something seems weird as I think 12.0 came in Feb 2013, 11 months ago, is that correct?

In whatever case it is not an "official release" and must not be built and released for a good reason

Nevemind the constant Netflix stuttering heh?

RE: Pivos xios help please - Ned Scott - 2014-01-11

Netflix stuttering on wifi or using ethernet? The wifi on just about all Android boxes sucks, and the XIOS is no exception to that, but I haven't seen stuttering using ethernet.

RE: Pivos xios help please - tekno - 2014-01-20

I never use WiFi

Stuttering on netFlix and xbmc on all android releases tested to date (many)

Big buck bunny MOV h264 1080p with 5.1 plays better on a 5 year old ATV 1 with crystal HD upgrade

Ned ' why keep talking about development builds as if they are stable? I have seen none that really work without bugs. Only the speedster linux build Nov 2013 works for me. Some issues with connecting to samba shares but all else seems good.

Would love to find a Linux build with package manager not a squashfs to really take full advantage of xios.

I have systems running xbmc on Mac, ATV 1 and 2 , Linux, win, raspberry pi and xios. Xios is the least interesting in terms of expandability although android seems exciting the performance on xios is hideous. Xios Linux builds seem to lack a full featured Linux with package manager. Any official support of xbmc claimed by live on xios seems deceptive as all that exists are old stable and development builds. No current stable builds from Pivos.

This s my opinion so pivos employees here please refrain from flaming or attempting to negate my opinion

RE: Pivos xios help please - tekno - 2014-01-20

I never use WiFi

Stuttering on netFlix and xbmc on all android releases tested to date (many)

Big buck bunny MOV h264 1080p with 5.1 plays better on a 5 year old ATV 1 with crystal HD upgrade

Ned ' why keep talking about development builds as if they are stable? I have seen none that really work without bugs. Only the speedster linux build Nov 2013 works for me. Some issues with connecting to samba shares but all else seems good.

Would love to find a Linux build with package manager not a squashfs to really take full advantage of xios.

I have systems running xbmc on Mac, ATV 1 and 2 , Linux, win, raspberry pi and xios. Xios is the least interesting in terms of expandability although android seems exciting the performance on xios is hideous. Xios Linux builds seem to lack a full featured Linux with package manager. Any official support of xbmc claimed by live on xios seems deceptive as all that exists are old stable and development builds. No current stable builds from Pivos.

This s my opinion so pivos employees here please refrain from flaming or attempting to negate my opinion

RE: Pivos xios help please - Koying - 2014-01-20

For heaven's sake, go complaining at Pivos or go post your opinion elsewhere.
This is a support subforum for xbmc on android.. Now you are complaining about Linux on Pivos.

AND free speech implies everybody has the right to respond to your opinion, so don't tell anyone that they can't !

RE: Pivos xios help please - davilla - 2014-01-20

Xios Linux builds do not have a package manager because it was designed no to have one. Nothing lacking there. If you want ubuntu, buy a desktop box.

Xios 12.0 is stable, as is the just released 12.2. If you want something else, then build it yourself.

Oh, and congratulations, you have made it into my forum ignore list now.

RE: Pivos xios help please - tekno - 2014-02-21

(2014-01-04, 02:57)Scott00007 Wrote: This is not an official Pivos forum so one needs to be very careful listening to the opinions posted here. Pivos has official support and that is much more valuable than casual user input you will find here.

Don't get sucked into the idea that nightly builds are some how better than the Pivos official releases. Only the Pivos builds are optimized for the hardware.

Remember @Azsxdcfv a lot of posts doesn't mean anyone knows what they are talking about.

Correct me If I am wrong and do send links but I think the last pivos stable version was 12.0 the rest are not official builds. Pivos is failing in its promise. As an officially supported platform we deserve the latest xbmc versions without delay