Kodi Community Forum
Release Security CAM Overlay add-on - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release Security CAM Overlay add-on (/showthread.php?tid=182540)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: Security CAM Overlay add-on - chrissix666 - 2019-05-21

Is this also working with simple USB plug&play webcams?

RE: Security CAM Overlay add-on - Spirou - 2019-06-04

The addon requires input in jpeg format. If your cam provides a jpeg feed you're good to go. 

You can activate up to 4 feeds which will pop up simultaneously in a selectable, pre-defined geometry. Window size is (commonly) set und can be changed according to your source. That means to keep the aspect ratio you have to set the window's dimensions accordingly.

On a machine with enough horse powers 4 feeds may be fine to watch. On a raspberry pi, however, 2 feeds can already be challenging.

I don't know of any other addon that can display the actual video feed(s) as an overlay and I don't think the current kodi architectur does actually support that. Maybe in the future ...

RE: Security CAM Overlay add-on - jouster - 2019-06-15

(2019-03-30, 17:12)Spirou Wrote: If you are interested in an updated version that supports multiple cam feeds, positioning of the overlay window(s) and that is compatible with kodi 18 you may want to look here.

I've installed thiks latest camera addon and have managed to add all my feeds just fine...however, when I have 4 feed in use and try to use them in sqaure mode showing all four screen at once it just shows two diagonally...any idea what I could be doing wrong

RE: Security CAM Overlay add-on - Spirou - 2019-06-15

(2019-06-15, 11:35)jouster Wrote: ..however, when I have 4 feed in use and try to use them in sqaure mode showing all four screen at once it just shows two diagonally...any idea what I could be doing wrong 

Does that happen only in square mode or with other arrangements as well?

The code has been updated to fix the wrong calculation of y posiition in square arrangement.

RE: Security CAM Overlay add-on - jouster - 2019-06-15

(2019-06-15, 19:07)Spirou Wrote: The code has been updated to fix the wrong calculation of y posiition in square arrangement.

hiya

many thanks for the quick response

I can now see all four screen on one screen so that is great

However, I have now noticed another little glitch....Ive set the screen to stay on the screen until I close them down and it seems the video loops every 2 seconds....is this right...or is there a setting I have not changed somewhere

Ive also tried it with the feed timing out after the default timewand the loop still seems to happen.

This wasnt an issue with the previous add on, which is still enabled and doesnt have the same issue

(2019-06-15, 19:58)jouster Wrote: However, I have now noticed another little glitch....Ive set the screen to stay on the screen until I close them down and it seems the video loops every 2 seconds....

Hmm, I am not seeing this lopp with my feeds. Maybe it is because the snapshot files are looping through names snapshot0.jpg to snapshot9.jpg (to avoid piling up) and your os/filesystem does not allow overwriting.

For a quick test and perhaps fix you could change line 184 (in update thread) of file default.py from
Code:
           index = (index + 1)%10
to 
Code:
           index = (index + 1)
This should avoid the neccessity to overwrite any existing file.
The orginal addon inserts a time stamp in the snapshot file name instead of a looping index and, thus, would not have the issue.

If this works for you, I will update the addon code accordingly.

RE: Security CAM Overlay add-on - jouster - 2019-06-16

(2019-06-15, 23:25)Spirou Wrote:
(2019-06-15, 19:58)jouster Wrote: However, I have now noticed another little glitch....Ive set the screen to stay on the screen until I close them down and it seems the video loops every 2 seconds....

Hmm, I am not seeing this lopp with my feeds. Maybe it is because the snapshot files are looping through names snapshot0.jpg to snapshot9.jpg (to avoid piling up) and your os/filesystem does not allow overwriting.

For a quick test and perhaps fix you could change line 184 (in update thread) of file default.py from
Code:
           index = (index + 1)%10
to 
Code:
           index = (index + 1)
The orginal addon inserts a time stamp in the snapshot file name instead of a looping index and, thus, would not have the issue.

Ill give this a try later on today and keep you posted...thanks again for the prompt response...

RE: Security CAM Overlay add-on - jouster - 2019-06-17

(2019-06-16, 12:09)jouster Wrote:
(2019-06-15, 23:25)Spirou Wrote:

Code:
           index = (index + 1)%10
to 
Code:
           index = (index + 1)

Ill give this a try later on today and keep you posted...thanks again for the prompt response...   
That last change of line 184 seems to have fixed things as there is now no looping.

RE: Security CAM Overlay add-on - Spirou - 2019-06-17

Thanks for the feedback. Code has been updated.

RE: Security CAM Overlay add-on - pavlov70 - 2019-07-20

Hi,

Glad to have found this version. I was using the previous version by Ryan Melena and it's been working fine, specifically the refresh of the jpeg in order to create video. I'm now running 1.3.5 and while the multi-cam display is awesome I'm only getting static images. I have set the refresh rate up and down but with no impact.

This is on Leia.

thanks
rob

RE: Security CAM Overlay add-on - pavlov70 - 2019-07-20

Edit - bah, never mind. Uninstalled this and previous versions, then reinstalled. Everything looks and works great!

RE: Security CAM Overlay add-on - 123321 - 2019-10-29

I install Xeoma APP for pc, and it automatically  find my cam.
But, when i try to use addon, it cant find a cam. 
Help?

RE: Security CAM Overlay add-on - 123321 - 2019-10-29

I install script.Cam1 from this link:https://www.smarthomebeginner.com/kodi-security-cam-xeoma-video-surveillance-software/.
Because on overlay i get error.

RE: Security CAM Overlay add-on - karlzre - 2020-01-22

Hi, 

How can i start this addons from another pi ?

I've try this request but i get a error:
http://Myip/jsonrpc?request={%22jsonrpc%22:%222.0%22,%22method%22:%22Addons.ExecuteAddon%22,%22params%22:[{%22addonid%22:%22script.securitycam%22}],%22id%22:%221%22}
Quote:{"error":{"code":-32099,"message":"Bad client permission."},"id":"1","jsonrpc":"2.0"}