Kodi Community Forum
LanDrive/LanDrive (3.5" HDD NAS enclosure) SMB/SAMBA problems - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+--- Forum: First-generation XBOX support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=158)
+--- Thread: LanDrive/LanDrive (3.5" HDD NAS enclosure) SMB/SAMBA problems (/showthread.php?tid=18282)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

- div0 - 2006-07-15

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem as JohnnyDelirious. I use a WGT634U with latest firmware and a USB HDD attached.

Some directories work fine and some are just unable to open! In the log apear access violations for those directories.

04:55:10 M: 20426752 ERROR: DIRECTORY::CDirectory::GetDirectory : Access violation at 0x0028093b: Reading location 0x00000000
04:55:10 M: 20426752 ERROR: DIRECTORY::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting smb://WGT634U/share/partition2/data/tv/Family.Guy/
04:55:10 M: 20426752 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(smb://WGT634U/share/partition2/data/tv/Family.Guy/) failed

Has anyone an idea how to fix that problem?

- elupus - 2006-07-15

for now it isn't. i'm still hoping somebody with a linux system could help us out to debug that issue

- JohnnyDelirious - 2006-07-17

elupus Wrote:for now it isn't. i'm still hoping somebody with a linux system could help us out to debug that issue

I've been meaning to give the new release of kubuntu a try on my system for a while now.

If I get it up and running okay, what can I do to help you debug?

~John

P.S. Downgrading to NAS-BASIC41 from 43 did allow my landrive to work with XBMC again, though my issues in Windows have returned as a result. What a frustrating piece of hardware.

- elupus - 2006-07-17

build samba version 2.0.23 or 2.0.22, you really only need the client tools. then try to do directory listings with that and see what happens.

- Xanter - 2006-07-19

Hi div0,

I got same kind of error logs with NAS-BASIC44 firmware.

For temporary solution I switched my XBMC to 2006-03-28 build (build before samba change) and got the smb connection working.

Xanter

- jochenz - 2006-07-19

Xanter Wrote:Hi div0,

I got same kind of error logs with NAS-BASIC44 firmware.

For temporary solution I switched my XBMC to 2006-03-28 build (build before samba change) and got the smb connection working.

Xanter

Strange, I am using the NAS-BASIC41 firmware and the june-version of XBMC THC3 and I have no problem browsing ans treaming the drive in my network

- MidKnight - 2006-08-01

anyone had any luck with this problem yet?, ive had to go back to firmware 41, that seems to get the listing working under XBMC again

- elupus - 2006-08-02

somebody who has the error where an exception is thrown when listing directory (please check log first) pm me.

- Xanter - 2006-09-01

Burchman82 wrote on Wednestay at http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=424238&p=13 forum that:
"in regards to xbmc not accessing the drive, supposidly the latest cvs of it has improved smb to increase compatability with landrives... i have seen small success with this, how are others going?"

I tested yesterday with NAS-BASIC44 and cvs build 28.8. and noticed that smb connection was now working on some directories. Directories with only few items were working OK, but directories with several forlders weren't. Has anyone else tested this cvs?

Has someone with errors already contacted elupus? Or can we assume from the improvement that someone has... Smile (Yeah, it has been a long time since the last posting but at least I have been unactive on this subject for a while now...)

- MidKnight - 2006-09-01

i too was pleased to see this in the cvs when it was done, so i went to testing that day and had no success. i tried a few differant firmwares but they all wouldnt list the dir. was very wierd actually, cause if i removed a few dir from a sub dir it would list, then i placed those dir/ back and it would still list as before this test it wouldnt. acts very strange. but as soon as i go back to firmware 41 it works fine, im stuck with other bugs that are fixed in further firmwares from 41.

I really do hope to these problems one day ,as the landrive is an excellent setup to have.

- x_cal1bur - 2006-09-01

I was having the same problem as well.
If I use WinXP to move the folders from NAS to my local hard drive and back, it did not work.
However, I manage to resolve it by FTP'ing out all the folders, delete the folders and FTP'ing it back. It is an ardious process.

- MidKnight - 2006-09-01

what firmware are you running?

- x_cal1bur - 2006-09-02

I am using the LANDISK firmware 024 from VGear.

- elupus - 2006-09-02

it's somewhat likely that that smb update will be reverted unless i can figure out why it causes other major issues

- MidKnight - 2006-09-02

that smb update didnt seem to make any differances for me, good or bad..