Kodi Community Forum
LanDrive/LanDrive (3.5" HDD NAS enclosure) SMB/SAMBA problems - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+--- Forum: First-generation XBOX support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=158)
+--- Thread: LanDrive/LanDrive (3.5" HDD NAS enclosure) SMB/SAMBA problems (/showthread.php?tid=18282)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

- elupus - 2006-10-13

libsmbclient, thou I really thought the error was deeper. Sad. damn... now i'm abit confused. i wonder if smbclient does use libsmbclient for it's work, doubt it actually. will have to think about this abit.

- kabutop - 2006-10-13

elupus Wrote:libsmbclient, thou I really thought the error was deeper. Sad. damn... now i'm abit confused. i wonder if smbclient does use libsmbclient for it's work, doubt it actually. will have to think about this abit.
Hum...
Code:
cixi ~ # ldd /usr/bin/smbclient
        linux-gate.so.1 =>  (0xffffe000)
        libreadline.so.5 => /lib/libreadline.so.5 (0xb7f71000)
        libncurses.so.5 => /lib/libncurses.so.5 (0xb7f31000)
        libcrypt.so.1 => /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libcrypt.so.1 (0xb7f02000)
        libresolv.so.2 => /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libresolv.so.2 (0xb7eef000)
        libnsl.so.1 => /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libnsl.so.1 (0xb7ed9000)
        libdl.so.2 => /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libdl.so.2 (0xb7ed5000)
        libpopt.so.0 => /lib/libpopt.so.0 (0xb7ece000)
        libc.so.6 => /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6 (0xb7d9a000)
        /lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0xb7fb4000)

=> smbclient (and smbmount) doesn't use libsmbclient...
So I must find a "client" who uses libsmsclient...

file limit in samba folder? - jafa - 2006-10-14

Hi, I've noticed that when I have a folder on my landisk with 10 or less video files, SAMBA works, no problem. Has anybody had this experience?

- brutisb - 2006-10-15

I've set up a Linux Box with samba 3.0.23c-1 and found the following:-

1. XBMC cannot open the file on my LanDisk, yet both Windows and Linux can.

2. If I copy the file to Linux share, XBMC can open it.

3. If I copy the file from the LanDisk to the Linux box then back to the LanDisk (into a different folder) the new copy is ok but the old file still can't be opened from XBMC.

more fuel for the fire?

- fabulon - 2006-10-15

Please, don't forget, every time, to indicate your landisk firmare version.
Thanks

- brutisb - 2006-10-16

The above was using a VGear LanDisk with .024 firmware

- scales82 - 2006-10-16

http://www.station-drivers.com/page/landisk.htm
theres a link for all the firmware drivers for the landisks.... ive tried most of them they seem inter-compatable. (if thats even a word)

- kabutop - 2006-10-16

To be sure that the problem comes from libsmbclient, it is necessary to test with a smb client which uses libsmsclient.
For now, I did not find a good client... I will get information about ubuntuforum.

++

- fabulon - 2006-10-16

Personally , i use the TEAC BASIC41 firmware.
This one works fine, but there is still some problems concerning the reading of files DVD (VIDEO_TS.IFO)

scales82 Wrote:http://www.station-drivers.com/page/landisk.htm
theres a link for all the firmware drivers for the landisks.... ive tried most of them they seem inter-compatable. (if thats even a word)

- scales82 - 2006-10-17

yes we all know basic41 works.... but thats not we are trying to fix. its the versions above 41, that provide a lot better functionality for the landrive that cause the problem

- flakey - 2006-10-18

Have had the exact same experience as you. Have an MAPOWER KC31N, which I upgraded from NAS BASIC 41 to NAS BASIC 45 (Beta) to solve an NTP issue. Before the file browsing worked; now it doesn't. But indeed, the indexed library of music works fine!

scales82 Wrote:well i just found something interesting.
i have put the latest basic45 firmware onto my landrive(lanserver,landrive whatever you want)
The previous version (41) had perfect functionality within xbmc in respects to browsing folders etc. i even had a nice music library list built up.

Now, with the latest version it doesnt work..... we all knew that already though.
But what i discovered is if i try to play music thats already listed in my library, the songs play fine!!

so that leads me to think it must have something to do with the way the SMB client within xbmc lists the files within folders.

oh i also discovered that for some reason my landrive does not come up in the workgroup when my computer is off and gives a "workgroup unavailable" message. But that may be my configs problem.

- elupus - 2006-10-18

that much was already known. there is an access violation generated when we try to list the share in xbmc with those firmware. apperently this does not happen on the same version samba client on linux (thou, we've not yet tried the exact lib that we use). so i'm abit stumped at the moment.

it'd probably be an easy thing to solve for somebody with that type of lan drive , a debug setup xbox and some programming experience.

- fabulon - 2006-10-18

Hello elupus,
Do you have got a landisk to make tests.
If no, I propose to lend to you the mine for one or two months, so necessary, in order to try to solve the problem.
I could send it to you by the post office.
Of course, you must return me it, by post, as soon as possible.
What do you think about that ?
Best Regards,

- elupus - 2006-10-18

feels like abit too much responsibility right now. I might take you up on it later, abit too much on my plate as it is now.

- elupus - 2006-10-19

you think you can get an ethereal capture of when this error occurs, (or tcpdump). then upload somewhere. it might help me figure out what is going on. i really have no idea why it doesn't fail in the linux version. it very much should as the error is not in libsmbclient, but the actual client listing code that samba uses for all.