Kodi Community Forum
LanDrive/LanDrive (3.5" HDD NAS enclosure) SMB/SAMBA problems - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+--- Forum: First-generation XBOX support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=158)
+--- Thread: LanDrive/LanDrive (3.5" HDD NAS enclosure) SMB/SAMBA problems (/showthread.php?tid=18282)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

- elupus - 2006-04-15

okey.. you have too different issues.

blurg. current cvs might help you abit, as i added some more exception handling there. i really don't know why it breaks on retrieving the directory.. i would guess, some data is too large and it's over writing some buffer..

jadedhalo.. your issue seems more complicated. as far as i can see, no real error occurs.. there is some odd access denied in the beginning. but don't know what that is.

one thing that might help me is this.. make a bookmark directly into of those folders that display incorrectly.. ie..
smb://wrtsl54gs/music/angelfish/angelfish

also, turn of default username and password from gui, and open up your landrive for anonaccess.

then a full log again entering that bookmark.. (would be good if you updated to latest version of xbmc first if you can, but i don't think that would have any effect).

- blurg - 2006-04-16

thanks elupus,

i will wait with baited breath for the next t3ch release Smile

- jadedhalo - 2006-04-17

here is my latest log elupus.

in smb://wrtsl54gs/music/angelfish/angelfish there is only one file called "sorry.mp3" and that does not show up when going directly into the bookmark. it shows 0 items.

http://rapidshare.de/files/18255705/xbmc.old.log.html

- ronster - 2006-04-19

my landrive is also acting strange:

folder structure:

/public
/audio
/video
/pictures
/backup

no problems watching xvid / divx files off of the /video folder, but the mp3 playback , thru /audio, is still choking

nas-basic32, loader 066 is my firmware

jan 30-2006 build

- Validus - 2006-04-19

ronster ,, first.
there are new firmwares out so first uppdate that.
second: move all u´r folders into u´r public map,
when i had many directories in the root mine aswell behaved strange.
ohh and use the latest build of xbmc

- gunde69 - 2006-04-19

the same problem, firmware version nas-basic41, loader 067
:veryangry:

text from landrive user manual ...

what are the naming limitations of the files located in the landrive?

the maximum length of a folder/directory/file name is 12 characters. invalid characters such as “* \ : " < > . ? /” may not be used.

my names are longer!

regards

- Validus - 2006-04-19

okay dont have more folders in the root than public!!
so that might solve some issues ,next use the latest firmware and the latest build of xbmc!

about the 12 caracter limitation , i´l guess its for having complite platform compatibility, if it works for u then its fine,,, my names om my drive is wayyy longer than 12.

- blurg - 2006-04-22

i have just tried the 17th april t3ch release. still no go, in fact i get this in the log:

15:16:32 m: 38133760   error: directory::cdirectory::getdirectory - unhandled exception getting smb://192.168.1.102/tv/
15:16:32 m: 38133760   error: cguimediawindow::getdirectory(smb://192.168.1.102/tv/) failed

as for the no more folders in root other than public, it used to work, so something has regressed.
any ideas?

- ronster - 2006-04-22

(validus @ april 19 2006,13:07 Wrote:ronster ,, first.
there are new firmwares out so first uppdate that.
second: move all u´r folders into u´r public map,
when i had many directories in the root mine aswell behaved strange.
ohh and use the latest build of xbmc
ok i have to clarify my problem... when i play music from a subfolder with a small number of mp3s, i have no issues....it's when mplayer is trying play music in subfolder with tons of mp3s.

i am going to experiment with moving one of the folders under public...

thanks

- Validus - 2006-04-22

i had the same problems that u have before i did the things in u´r qoute

- testing - 2006-04-22

hi,

i have the same landrive (firmware is basic39) and is running xbmc cvs-20060328. i realized that if i have 10 or less files in my samba folder (including auxillary files, eg. subs), xbmc don't hang much, if at all. if i have more files, xbmc is more than likely to hang during caching on big files or files with more complex encoding.

other info:
- i have many folders under samba besides public (pub in my case) and xbmc runs files from all of them fine.
- all my samba folders have no password.
- i've tried xbmc cvs-20060417 but samba share doesn't work for me (with or without password). i cannot go into any of the shared folders.
- filename length is not an issue (same limitation as fat32). i think this was resolved as of firmware basic32 or basic35.
- i've tried firmware basic41 but the transfer speed was only about a few hundred kb, so i flashed back to an older firmware.
- the link between my xbox and my landrive is wireless 802.11g.

hope this info can help someone.

- plugh - 2006-04-23

i posted some info on this a while back here
the key info was:
Quote:without doing an ethereal capture not sure how much more info can be gathered, but it appears that when the requested directory data requires more than one "packet", it's hit or miss as to whether the smb code in xbmc and in the landisk will handshake properly. if it doesn't, xbmc throws an exception and that is the beginning of the end. once that occurs, even though things look "ok" (to me) in the log, when you eventually try to play an avi it gets stuck in the cache loop.

as a visual aid
Quote:20-02-2006 12:50:23 debug cguimediawindow::getdirectory (smb://xbox:[email protected]/public/_scifi/)
20-02-2006 12:50:23 info smb: received 16 entries (eos=0)
20-02-2006 12:50:23 info smb: received 14 entries (eos=0)
20-02-2006 12:50:23 info smb: received 15 entries (eos=0)
20-02-2006 12:50:23 info smb: received 4 entries (eos=1)
things are ok - as opposed to
Quote:20-02-2006 11:13:00 debug cguimediawindow::getdirectory (smb://xbox:[email protected]/public/_scifi/)
20-02-2006 11:13:00 info smb: received 16 entries (eos=0)
20-02-2006 11:13:00 error exception in capplication::framemove()
the workaround i am employing at the moment is to keep the number of movies in a directory down to around a dozen or so, such that the getdirectory response looks like
Quote:info smb: received ## entries (eos=1)
ie only "eos=1" response packets to the directory query. this seems to always work just fine.

please note that the above log extracts are from much longer, more verbose, logs that i spent many hours going over and comparing, trying to find "a pattern". what i'm illustrating above is the pattern i found.

i have not had the time to generate logs for the 3-28 build, but there was no change in behaviour vs the jan. and feb. builds.

and for what it is worth, i also tried out the 4-16 t3ch build, and found it to be completely unusable trying to browse both my argossy hd363n landrive and also my linksys wrtsl54gs based shares. i immediately went back to the 3-28 build.

- elupus - 2006-04-23

well the above logs might have been good a while back, but since the samba core is now updated, those don't tell us much sadly Sad

if you have a linux system, it'd be nice to see if it is reproduable in standard client.

- elupus - 2006-04-23

good news for those who are having complete failure to list directories. possibly for the other people too. i found a bug in my port wich makes it misread the returned size of the directory listing on old samba protocols.

commiting in a bit, just need to check it out abit.

- plugh - 2006-04-23

great news!

the linksys wrtsl54gs uses some variant of samba v2 (as i recall from my reading) so your bug-fix description sounds very promising.

don't know what the landrive runs (don't think it's a samba variant), but we can hope the new smb port with your fix will finally put the ongoing problems with those handy little devices to rest!

looking forward to trying the next build!