Kodi Community Forum
Release Aeon Nox 5 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: Release Aeon Nox 5 (/showthread.php?tid=183504)

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - daveUK - 2014-05-22

Does anyone know how to show the plot when video is playing. It used to be by pressing the i key but now you have to press m then move to i.

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - patseguin - 2014-05-22

(2014-05-22, 15:45)mavvy Wrote: As someone mentioned before, I would also love to see a "No Coverflow" option in the "Showcase" viewmode. Disabling coverflow felt smoother on slow HTPCs while swiping through the movie covers.
Thanks a lot for continuing this great skin on Gotham.

And of course a case view but it's already been mentioned that a case view is not planned for this skin.

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - Vaikin - 2014-05-22

@mavvy Why not use Shift? It's practically the same.

@patseguin Showcase with dvd covers have already been modded twice. Once by me and once by mike.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=194445

(2014-05-22, 20:28)Vaikin Wrote: @mavvy Why not use Shift? It's practically the same.

@patseguin Showcase with dvd covers have already been modded twice. Once by me and once by mike.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=194445

Oh really? I never knew. I'll check it out!

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - BigNoid - 2014-05-22

(2014-05-21, 21:34)bertybassett Wrote: Loving the less is more mantra of the new skin. What is your PayPal account so I can throw you a beer or two.

Anyways what are the chances of putting back the option of the info panel on the shift layout?
I got a donate button over on my old project page here, or by donating to team xbmc. Any donation would be gratefully accepted.
Imo there's no place for an infopanel in shift view. That would have to be modded in.

(2014-05-22, 08:31)Bloksel Wrote: Some little bug I discovered, if you enable extrafanart, it will not show the extrafanart in a smart playlist (I use playlists that only show me tv series from a certain folder). If you only use fanart, it will work.
Yeah, thats why i regret putting extra fanart in the skin. It is a hack and has drawbacks like this.
(2014-05-22, 16:00)daveUK Wrote: Does anyone know how to show the plot when video is playing. It used to be by pressing the i key but now you have to press m then move to i.
I choose to show the basics when pressing info as its more used to check the time then to read the plot. Normally the plot is readed once or twice, so imo its not too bad to have it a few clicks away. You can press up btw on osd to have a few less clicks to reach it.

(2014-05-08, 06:02)Vaikin Wrote: So I'm sick, and was bored so I made a few views for people...

#1 Showcase with covers: http://www.mediafire.com/download/y5ek7l2c5j67t79/showcase.zip
Inside is View_53_Showcase.xml. Place that in your addons\skin.aeon.nox.5\1080i\ folder.
Also, there is a thumbs folder. Place that in your addons\skin.aeon.nox.5\media\ folder.
You will now need to open MyVideoNav.xml and add in a button to toggle the cases on and off. Add the following code after line 380(no idea if the placement in the code actually matters, but that's where I put it).
Code:
<control type="togglebutton" id="6099">
                    <description>Enable showcase Covers</description>
                    <textwidth>255</textwidth>
                    <include>ButtonCommonValues</include>
                    <label>Toggle CaseCovers</label>
                    <onclick>Skin.ToggleSetting(toggleshowcasecovers)</onclick>
                    <visible>Control.IsVisible(53) + Container.Content(movies)</visible>
                </control>

It should look something like:
Code:
<control type="togglebutton" id="6053">
                    <description>LowList Toggle</description>
                    <label>$LOCALIZE[31093]</label>
                    <onclick>Skin.ToggleSetting(nohighlist)</onclick>
                    <onclick>ReloadSkin()</onclick>
                    <visible>Control.IsVisible(501)</visible>
                </control>
                <control type="togglebutton" id="6099">
                    <description>Enable showcase Covers</description>
                    <label>Toggle CaseCovers</label>
                    <onclick>Skin.ToggleSetting(toggleshowcasecovers)</onclick>
                    <visible>Control.IsVisible(53) + Container.Content(movies)</visible>
                </control>
Now when on showcase view, in the side menu is an option to toggle cases on and off. The cases are only available when viewing movies(for obvious reasons).

#2 BigFan. http://www.mediafire.com/download/9i59mmcf55r411s/View_591_BigFan.xml
Place View_591_BigFan.xml in your addons\skin.aeon.nox.5\1080i\ folder.
Next, open MyVideoNav.xml and ",591" to the views available on line 5. Should look like:
Code:
<views>50,51,52,53,55,56,57,58,59,500,501,591</views>
Next, go down to line 60 or so and add the following:
Code:
<include>View_591_BigFan</include>

Should look like:
Code:
<include>BannerWall</include>
            <!-- view id = 58 -->
            <include>View_59_Logo</include>
            <!-- view id = 59 -->
            <include>VideoWall</include>
            <!-- view id = 500 -->
            <include>VideoLowList</include>
            <!-- view id = 501 -->
            <include>View_591_BigFan</include>

Last step, open includes.xml and add the following after line 23 or so:
Code:
<include file="View_591_BigFan.xml" />
Should look like:
Code:
<include file="View_59_Logo.xml" />
    <include file="View_500_Wall.xml" />
    <include file="View_501_LowList.xml" />
    <include file="View_591_BigFan.xml" />
    <include file="variables.xml" />

BigFan is available for Movies, tv shows and seasons.

I hope I didn't miss anything.

Oh ya, any time there are updates to the skin these will all be lost and you'll have to redo it.

I copied the showcase mod files over and I have showcase view but there's no case option on the left.

EDIT: I figured it out. I hadn't edited the XML.

Any chance this can be done with a 'no coverflow' option like Nox 4?

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - ArtVandalay7 - 2014-05-23

Great looking skin! I do miss being able to see the codec/bit rate of my music files on playback like you could see on aeon nox 4...any way to get that added in?

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - japes - 2014-05-23

I noticed in your preview images that you have the time displayed at the top of the window in the center. I have searched and I can't seem to find a setting that shows the time on anything but the home screen. Is there a setting or is a mod?

EDIT...Sorry I'm an idiot...I forgot I switched to MQ to check it out.

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - BigNoid - 2014-05-23

(2014-05-21, 15:25)flek Wrote:
(2014-05-21, 09:15)BigNoid Wrote:
(2014-05-21, 06:58)flek Wrote: Feature Suggestion:

Using List View inside a TV Season, I would like to see the episode image bumped up and a Plot Outline under it, possibly episode info (ie. encode, resolution, audio type) much like the Media Info view shows in Confluence. Would this be something you could add, maybe an option for it in List View like you have for the Low List Toggle?

I have been thinking about this myself too, to show a panel on episode level. I'll try this out and see how it looks.

Awesome! Great skin, great dev!

Been playing a bit with this. What do you think as this for list view on episode level:

Re: RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - braz - 2014-05-23

(2014-05-23, 19:59)BigNoid Wrote:
(2014-05-21, 09:15)BigNoid Wrote: I have been thinking about this myself too, to show a panel on episode level. I'll try this out and see how it looks.

Been playing a bit with this. What do you think as this for list view on episode level:

Nice, I like it!

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - BigNoid - 2014-05-23

(2014-05-23, 20:53)bryanbrazil Wrote:
(2014-05-21, 15:25)flek Wrote: Awesome! Great skin, great dev!

Nice, I like it!

Great Smile

especially since i already pushed it to github Tongue

Re: RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - braz - 2014-05-23

(2014-05-23, 20:58)BigNoid Wrote:
(2014-05-23, 20:53)bryanbrazil Wrote:
(2014-05-23, 19:59)BigNoid Wrote: Been playing a bit with this. What do you think as this for list view on episode level:

Nice, I like it!

Great Smile

especially since i already pushed it to github Tongue

Makes me wish we could have it for all the video/music list views. Smile Though the plot won't fit with movie/tv posters...artist/album descriptions could prob fit with square music icons though.

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - Mungo - 2014-05-24

looks awesome. Just rounds out the view nicely Smile

Any chance an episode thumbnail option can be added to the Tripanel view for episode level as well? It's probably the only thing missing.

Example: "thumbnail on":

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - logictester - 2014-05-24

(2014-05-21, 09:15)BigNoid Wrote: I have been thinking about this myself too, to show a panel on episode level. I'll try this out and see how it looks.

looks great!

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - akya - 2014-05-24

- List view on episode level now shows stream info and plot.

Best commit ever ! lol.. thanks a lot Smile
Edit: Found a lil typo -