Kodi Community Forum
Release Aeon Nox 5 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: Release Aeon Nox 5 (/showthread.php?tid=183504)

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - Tobby - 2014-09-08

(2014-09-08, 19:55)BigNoid Wrote:
(2014-09-08, 19:52)Tobby Wrote: Is there a way to activate logos in the InfoWall info bar?

Besides editing the xml's no thre isnt. v5 cut back on the artwork display. If you need help editng xml's let me know.
Yes please. Smile I would really appreciate it.

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - StinDaWg - 2014-09-08

(2014-09-08, 19:52)BigNoid Wrote: You mean you dont get the context menu or the entry is missing in the contextmenu?
Entry is gone and when I press play from the main view it just plays with XBMC internal player (default I have set is MPC-HC). I literally woke up to this today as it was fine yesterday.

Edit: I deleted playercorefactory.xml and made another one. Now it works. Not sure what happened.

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - WeirdH - 2014-09-08

I believe my skin auto-updated to 5.1.4: what has happened to the handling of backgrounds?? Now I can no longer set stage curtains from the side menu for movies, etc., I can only opt to enable or disable fanart in the general backgrounds menu?

I had nice fallbacks for individual categories, but with fanart disabled, we're back at that Gravity screen everywhere! I also cannot select rollback in the add-ons menu to go back to the previous version... How do I get the old behaviour back, please?

For instance, I had fanarts in 'music', but curtains in 'movies'. These sections now both seem to be governed by 'fanart disabled' in general. The only thing I can do, is use the same backgrounds as I have set in the home screen. This is not to my liking. Also, the backgrounds for categories in Advanced Launcher are now overruled by default_bg.jpg. Why!?

In my opinion, Nox is now losing too much customizability..! Any way for me to go back to how it was?

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - BigNoid - 2014-09-08

(2014-09-08, 22:32)WeirdH Wrote: I believe my skin auto-updated to 5.1.4: what has happened to the handling of backgrounds?? Now I can no longer set stage curtains from the side menu for movies, etc., I can only opt to enable or disable fanart in the general backgrounds menu?

I had nice fallbacks for individual categories, but with fanart disabled, we're back at the damn Gravity screen! I also cannot select rollback in the add-ons menu... How do I get the previous behaviour back, please?

Indeed backgrounds has been simplified. If you want the stage curtains to be default (you are a minority, i am sure) delete the default_bg.jpg and rename default_movies.jpg to default_bg.jpg

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - BigNoid - 2014-09-08

if all else fails rollback to 5.1.3 Smile

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - NeBouse - 2014-09-08

Hi.

First, let me thank you for your amazing work !!
I've been using Nox since Eden days, and wouldn't change for another skin.

Now here is my "problem" :

I have gotham 13.2 installed on 2 different systems.
First is on my Win7 PC, and the second is on an android box running MX Linux (a linux port for ARM)
They both have Aeon Nox 5.1.3 installed but i have a strange difference between the two.
On the android box, i can't modify the submenus...
Entry is not there in the skin settings, like it is on my PC.

Is it normal ?
Any way to fix this ? (even by myself if needed).
Because i really don't need the submenus, and i want a homescreen as clean as possible, as on my PC

Thanks.

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - WeirdH - 2014-09-08

(2014-09-08, 22:50)BigNoid Wrote:
(2014-09-08, 22:32)WeirdH Wrote: I believe my skin auto-updated to 5.1.4: what has happened to the handling of backgrounds?? Now I can no longer set stage curtains from the side menu for movies, etc., I can only opt to enable or disable fanart in the general backgrounds menu?

I had nice fallbacks for individual categories, but with fanart disabled, we're back at the damn Gravity screen! I also cannot select rollback in the add-ons menu... How do I get the previous behaviour back, please?

Indeed backgrounds has been simplified. If you want the stage curtains to be default (you are a minority, i am sure) delete the default_bg.jpg and rename default_movies.jpg to default_bg.jpg

Seems you replied just as I was editing my post; replacing still won't give me the desired effect, as it's a skin-wide setting. Same with the disabling of fanarts. I want them enabled for music, disabled for movies. This can no longer be done, which is a shame. It's a needless over-simplification afaic. Is there a particular reason this was changed?

Also, AdvancedLauncher backgrounds are overruled by default-bg.

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - removed151214 - 2014-09-08

(2014-09-08, 22:56)NeBouse Wrote: Hi.

First, let me thank you for your amazing work !!
I've been using Nox since Eden days, and wouldn't change for another skin.

Now here is my "problem" :

I have gotham 13.2 installed on 2 different systems.
First is on my Win7 PC, and the second is on an android box running MX Linux (a linux port for ARM)
They both have Aeon Nox 5.1.3 installed but i have a strange difference between the two.
On the android box, i can't modify the submenus...
Entry is not there in the skin settings, like it is on my PC.

Is it normal ?
Any way to fix this ? (even by myself if needed).
Because i really don't need the submenus, and i want a homescreen as clean as possible, as on my PC

Thanks.

Sounds like you don't have script.skinshortcuts installed - link in the first post of the thread. Install it via "Install from zip file" (System > Add-Ons) or you'll also need to ensure you have its dependancies installed (most notable script.module.unidecode, available on the Frodo repo).

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - NeBouse - 2014-09-09

Ahhh yes !
Indeed that script was missing.
Now everything is back to normal.
Thanks for your help !

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - kizzer31 - 2014-09-09

2 things is there anyway to bring up a movie info panel when scrolling movies? as not seemed to figure that one out yet

and also of a way to bring up next tv showed air info also

thanks for the skin love it as super fast

edit i have movies in shift view mode

and tv shows in landscape mode

series record dialogue box - huzz456 - 2014-09-09

Hi

Been trying to get the series record dialogue box for wmcpvr to display properly without much success, hoping Bignoid or someone else with the skills could help me out?

On the wiki for wmcpvr it says to copy over two files from a resources folder in the addon and put them into the 720p folder of your skin. The files are called 'DeleteTimer.xml' and 'RecordPrefs.xml' and are intended to work for the confluence skin however should also work for other skins albeit giving you a look of confluence rather than your chosen skin. As there is no 720p folder ive put them in the 1080 folder which has worked to some extent however it only displays the text of the dialogue box and none of the background, buttons etc.

Someone else suggested copying the following files from the confluence skin and putting them into the media folder of my skin but unfortunately this didn't work

DialogBack.png
dialogheader.png
DialogCloseButton-focus.png
DialogCloseButton.png

What do i need to do to get it displaying properly?

Many Thanks!

Pete

(Im running latest helix monthly with aeon nox 5 on windows 8.1, which is awesome by the way!)

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - madsession - 2014-09-09

Hi, my Aeon Nox autoupdated to 5.1.4 and when that happend my menu aint really fixed.

I have "Movies | TV-Shows | System" in the menue. In 5.1.3 the text is in same place when moving between them. After updating the whole text moves to the sides.
Do I need to roll back to 5.1.3 or is there a settings that fixes this. I couldnt find anything.

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - wgstarks - 2014-09-09

(2014-09-09, 19:28)madsession Wrote: Hi, my Aeon Nox autoupdated to 5.1.4 and when that happend my menu aint really fixed.

I have "Movies | TV-Shows | System" in the menue. In 5.1.3 the text is in same place when moving between them. After updating the whole text moves to the sides.
Do I need to roll back to 5.1.3 or is there a settings that fixes this. I couldnt find anything.

I believe this is what you're looking for-
Settings>Appearance>Skin>Settings>Advanced>Navigation style for horizontal lists>Set to "Fixed".

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - Digitaly - 2014-09-09

Great skin! I've been using this skin for years!

Just one problem with Fonts, non English languages have some issues with Roboto... is it possible to include Arial based fonts?
Right now I'm changing it manually under "skin.aeon.nox.5\fonts"

but every time there is an auto update everything goes wrong...
please add Arial based fonts.

thanks Smile

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - WeirdH - 2014-09-09

(2014-09-08, 22:55)BigNoid Wrote: if all else fails rollback to 5.1.3 Smile

Couldn't be done from within XBMC, but I downloaded a zipped version, which installed perfectly. Now how do I prevent it from auto-updating to a newer version?