Kodi Community Forum
Release Aeon Nox 5 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: Release Aeon Nox 5 (/showthread.php?tid=183504)

RE: Aeon Nox 5 - mikeSiLVO - 2014-12-19

(2014-12-19, 01:03)Warner306 Wrote: Here is my quick-and-dirty suggested improvement of DialogInfo:

I found the text at the top too small to read and the auto-scroll appeared broken in the textbox. I also found it easier to navigate with the arrow keys when the content doesn't wrap around.

To add the year, I added the following code to the item layout and focused layout for that item:
PHP Code:
<control type="image">
<
width>55</width>
<
height>27</height>
<
posy>10</posy>
<
texture>common/bgcolor.png</texture>
<
animation effect="fade" start="100" end="80" time="40" condition="true">Conditional</animation>
</
control>
<
control type="label">
<
width>50</width>
<
height>30</height>
<
posx>1</posx>
<
posy>6</posy>
<
align>center</align>
<
aligny>center</aligny>
<
font>font12</font>
<
label>$INFO[ListItem.Year]</label>
</
control

I could not figure out how to add Window.Property(AgeLong) to the birthday line. The list style is not familiar, but it would improve that section to have a chronological age rather than just a birth date.

Also posted in extendedinfo thread.

I agree with every one of these suggestions. Smile

RE: Aeon Nox 5 - Gunshot - 2014-12-19

(2014-05-20, 19:01)loki131 Wrote: Hey is anyone using the weather widget with Yahoo weather?

Yahoo only provides a 5 day forecast so is there anyway to remove the 6th day from the widget? I would also like to disable the additional forecast options on the weather page since there is no data if that's possible.

Thanks!

Was there ever a fix or solution for this? I am having the same problems. I want to make the weather widget for 5 days instead of 6 - any ideas?

(2014-12-19, 02:34)Gunshot Wrote:
(2014-05-20, 19:01)loki131 Wrote: Hey is anyone using the weather widget with Yahoo weather?

Yahoo only provides a 5 day forecast so is there anyway to remove the 6th day from the widget? I would also like to disable the additional forecast options on the weather page since there is no data if that's possible.

Thanks!

Was there ever a fix or solution for this? I am having the same problems. I want to make the weather widget for 5 days instead of 6 - any ideas?

I recommend using this weather addon instead. It should be in the weather section in the addon manager

RE: Aeon Nox 5 - User 55003 - 2014-12-19

I started coding the script-ExtendedInfo Script-DialogInfo.xml, hasn't got all the bell's and whistles of phil65's version but I wanted to keep it simple. Wink
I'll post the xml's when I'm finished if anyone is interested.

RE: Aeon Nox 5 - Warner306 - 2014-12-19

(2014-12-19, 02:40)Steveb Wrote: I started coding the script-ExtendedInfo Script-DialogInfo.xml, hasn't got all the bell's and whistles of phil65's version but I wanted to keep it simple. Wink
I'll post the xml's when I'm finished if anyone is interested.

I thought that would be the natural progression of this project. Thanks for your time.

RE: Aeon Nox 5 - droland - 2014-12-19

I've installed recently. The first thing I found there is no seeking bar during audio playback. How can I seek in a long music or a dj mix? It can be 1-2 hour long.... The Aeon Nox was my favorite theme but now it is unusable to play music.
Is there any method to appear same screen-wide seeking bar like on video playing on the bottom of screen?

I like the new commit, definitely makes it more readable. The only thing I noticed is there is no background while waiting for the actor image to load so you can see the view behind it.

Unfortunately, the dialog no longer appears at all and I get this error in the log.
PHP Code:
08:05:53 T:6856   ERROREXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - 
NOTEIGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!

Error Type: <type 'exceptions.RuntimeError'>

Error ContentsWindow id does not exist
                                            Traceback 
(most recent call last):

File "C:\Users\SiLVO\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.extendedinfo\resources\lib\DialogActorInfo.py"line 67in onInit
                                                passDictToSkin
(self.person["general"], "actor."FalseFalsewindowid)

File "C:\Users\SiLVO\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.extendedinfo\resources\lib\Utils.py"line 863in passDictToSkin
                                                skinwindow 
xbmcgui.Window(window)

RuntimeErrorWindow id does not exist

-->End of Python script error report<-- 

The error is on line 19 <aspectratio></aspectratio>scale</aspectratio>

RE: Aeon Nox 5 - jangrewe - 2014-12-20

Hi BigNoid, big fan of Aeon Nox, first time caller... ;-)

Is there any chance you can bring back the option to display the movie/show logo instead of the text in Shift view? It took me a bit to get used to AN5 after sticking to AN4 as long as possible, but now i'm growing quite fond of it - especially the speed... just that logo is missing!

(I keep an eye out for that logo for all my shows/movies, so that i know if i've already set my own custom posters and fanart. If there's no logo, it's probably the artwork chosen by Kodi itself. And it just looks way cooler than the plain text.)

I know there are probably mods out there that have this feature already, but i'd like to keep it as "stock" as possible, especially regarding updates via the repo.

Thanks! =)

RE: Aeon Nox 5 - Warner306 - 2014-12-20

(2014-12-20, 00:58)censor Wrote: Hi BigNoid, big fan of Aeon Nox, first time caller... ;-)

Is there any chance you can bring back the option to display the movie/show logo instead of the text in Shift view? It took me a bit to get used to AN5 after sticking to AN4 as long as possible, but now i'm growing quite fond of it - especially the speed... just that logo is missing!

(I keep an eye out for that logo for all my shows/movies, so that i know if i've already set my own custom posters and fanart. If there's no logo, it's probably the artwork chosen by Kodi itself. And it just looks way cooler than the plain text.)

I know there are probably mods out there that have this feature already, but i'd like to keep it as "stock" as possible, especially regarding updates via the repo.

Thanks! =)

Adding logos will likely not get you anywhere. But you can find what you're looking for here (in post #3): 198042 (thread).

RE: Aeon Nox 5 - nebrunner - 2014-12-20

I asked this on the plugin forum but it may be more appropriate here.

I have been using Aeon Nox on a 2 year old version of XBMC with the cinema experience plugin enabled and it has worked great.

XMBC started popping up windows telling me version was ancient and I should upgrade, so I did upgrade today to the most recent release candidate.

I have reinstalled and setup Aeon Nox and also Cinema Experience.

now when I view the movie info screen, the little "CINEMA" button that used to launch the cinema experience is not there.

The plugin is enabled and setup.

Anybody know what I am doing wrong?

RE: Aeon Nox 5 - Warner306 - 2014-12-20

(2014-12-20, 03:00)nebrunner Wrote: I asked this on the plugin forum but it may be more appropriate here.

I have been using Aeon Nox on a 2 year old version of XBMC with the cinema experience plugin enabled and it has worked great.

XMBC started popping up windows telling me version was ancient and I should upgrade, so I did upgrade today to the most recent release candidate.

I have reinstalled and setup Aeon Nox and also Cinema Experience.

now when I view the movie info screen, the little "CINEMA" button that used to launch the cinema experience is not there.

The plugin is enabled and setup.

Anybody know what I am doing wrong?

It's hidden under the "+" sign, as in extras, in the movie information screen. If you don't like it that way, try this modification:
198316 (thread).

Thank you!

Warner let me ask you one more question. The new version of Aeon Nox behaves just a little bit differently than my old version. Now when I click enter on any movie it immediately plays it, while before it would first take me to the synopsis page with the characters, plot, links, etc.

Is this a setting that I can change and I am not seeing it somewhere or is this the new default behavior of the skin? If I install your linked modification would that restore the old behavior?

Currently it seems like I can get to the info page by clicking i, or the info remote button, but I'd prefer if it defaulted to that page and I launch the movie from there.

RE: Aeon Nox 5 - phil65 - 2014-12-20

(2014-12-20, 21:21)nebrunner Wrote: Warner let me ask you one more question. The new version of Aeon Nox behaves just a little bit differently than my old version. Now when I click enter on any movie it immediately plays it, while before it would first take me to the synopsis page with the characters, plot, links, etc.

Is this a setting that I can change and I am not seeing it somewhere or is this the new default behavior of the skin? If I install your linked modification would that restore the old behavior?

Currently it seems like I can get to the info page by clicking i, or the info remote button, but I'd prefer if it defaulted to that page and I launch the movie from there.

It doesnt behave differently at all. you just have to adjust the corresponding setting in kodi options.