Kodi Community Forum
Release Aeon Nox 5 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: Release Aeon Nox 5 (/showthread.php?tid=183504)

RE: Aeon Nox 5 - mikeSiLVO - 2017-09-28

(2017-09-24, 17:24)sakos Wrote: I would like to report a missing information element in TV channel views.

The EPG source looks like this:
Code:
<programme start="20170924160500 +0200" stop="20170924180000 +0200" channel="HBOHD">
    <title lang="hu">Paul Sneijder új élete</title>
    <sub-title lang="hu">francia-kan. dráma, 2016</sub-title>
    <desc>A legidősebb lányának tragikus halála felnyitja a vezérigazgató Paul (Thierry Lhermitte) szemét, rájön, hogy a munkája már nem érdekli, családi élete sivár. A férfi radikális lépésre szánja el magát.</desc>
</programme>

All three elements are visible in Estuary skin.

However the "sub-title" information is missing on both channel list and OSD channel list view in Aeon Nox.

This particularly an issue when the detailed program information is only available in this field which is not visible in Aeon Nox. Unfortunatley I do not know which Kodi information element this field is mapped to. It should be added to the OSD channel view at least.
I looked through the code in Estuary and I believe what is missing is:
Code:
$INFO[ListItem.EpisodeName]
I just added this to my modded version on GitHub. If you can install my version and test my changes to let me know that it works, I will send PR to see if BigNoid wants to add it. I'd like confirmation it works and looks correct (screenshots would be very helpful) from a user with PVR before I do that though Wink

RE: Aeon Nox 5 - sakos - 2017-10-13

(2017-09-28, 03:43)mikeSiLVO Wrote: I just added this to my modded version on GitHub. If you can install my version and test my changes to let me know that it works, I will send PR to see if BigNoid wants to add it. I'd like confirmation it works and looks correct (screenshots would be very helpful) from a user with PVR before I do that though Wink

Thanks for your support. Unfotunately I could not respond earlier due to the forum issues.

The requested information element is now visible in the normal channel list view
Very good that I can see the program details if only this element contains info.

However one may complain that the less space remained for showing the standard program information. And there is no scroll.
I let you evalute if this is a problem or not.

On the other hand my main probelm is not solved. I am using the OSD channel list 99% of time. It still does not contain this information element.
Would be great if it was added to this window. Neither the allocated space would be a problem here.

RE: Aeon Nox 5 - mikeSiLVO - 2017-10-14

(2017-10-13, 19:38)sakos Wrote: Thanks for your support. Unfotunately I could not respond earlier due to the forum issues.

The requested information element is now visible in the normal channel list view
Very good that I can see the program details if only this element contains info.

However one may complain that the less space remained for showing the standard program information. And there is no scroll.
Not sure I understand 100% so here goes... Smile

Zero plot works the way you want.

If, however, there is a plot then the additional line that is taken up causes scrolling to occur and you do not want it to scroll if the plot plus the aforementioned line of info is too long? Do I have that correct?

I have not yet added it the channel OSD because we were talking about the main channel lists so once we have that working as expected I can add it to the OSD and send PR for Aeon Nox 5 Wink

I will likely send all the changes that I have made over the years (cause it will be easier Smile) so if there is something that you miss in my current GitHub version vs OG Nox 5 then please let me know so I can relay it to BigNoid and he can either merge as is or cherry pick what he prefers.

Thanks for your input Smile it is very hard to work on PVR when you do not use it yourself Confused

RE: Aeon Nox 5 - sakos - 2017-10-14

(2017-10-14, 13:44)mikeSiLVO Wrote:
(2017-10-13, 19:38)sakos Wrote: Thanks for your support. Unfotunately I could not respond earlier due to the forum issues.

Not sure I understand 100% so here goes... Smile

Zero plot works the way you want.

If, however, there is a plot then the additional line that is taken up causes scrolling to occur and you do not want it to scroll if the plot plus the aforementioned line of info is too long? Do I have that correct?

I have not yet added it the channel OSD because we were talking about the main channel lists so once we have that working as expected I can add it to the OSD and send PR for Aeon Nox 5 Wink

I will likely send all the changes that I have made over the years (cause it will be easier Smile) so if there is something that you miss in my current GitHub version vs OG Nox 5 then please let me know so I can relay it to BigNoid and he can either merge as is or cherry pick what he prefers.

Thanks for your input Smile it is very hard to work on PVR when you do not use it yourself Confused

First of all, what you did, works fine.
My concern that now the plot has less lines in main channel list. Maybe someone will not be happy with this change. Actually there is no scroll at all. It means that some part of the plot will be hidden compared to the previous version.

The extension of the OSD channel list would be more useful.

RE: Aeon Nox 5 - mikeSiLVO - 2017-10-18

(2017-10-14, 21:44)sakos Wrote: First of all, what you did, works fine.
My concern that now the plot has less lines in main channel list. Maybe someone will not be happy with this change. Actually there is no scroll at all. It means that some part of the plot will be hidden compared to the previous version.

I will look into this and get back to as soon as I can...

RE: Aeon Nox 5 - NewYears1978 - 2017-10-30

Is the expected naming convention for the logos (for the logo view) different than normal? The skin is not displaying my logo.png or clearlogo.png which are stored locally.

Thanks in advance.

Couple of issues on Krypton 17.5 - Scythe42 - 2017-10-31

I recently Upgraded to Krypton and encountered the following issues with Aeon Nox:

When I watch an episode even though marked in my SQL database as watched the episode view is not updated. Only if I go to the top menu and then down again to the episode the updated is reflected there. It seems to me like an update of the window is missing after the viewed status in the SQL database was updated. Happens on movie collections in the same way.

And another one: I choose not to display rating, but this does not work for episodes (list view). Ratings are still shown. For movies it works fine.

And to ground it off: If an episode has no thumbnail yet on thetvdb.com, Kodi does not generate one anymore.

All these issues are unique to Aeon Nox. If I use another skin these problems do not show up.

Any suggestions where to look to fix this?

RE: Aeon Nox 5 - bokkoman - 2017-11-02

For a long time I've have been having long loading times in the home screen widgets for movies and tv shows (both showing recent).

I'm on an Nvidia Shield running latest kodi.

Thanks

RE: Aeon Nox 5 - mikeSiLVO - 2017-11-04

Made some recent changes on GitHub please test when you can. Ignore my redesign for PVR info cause that will not be part of the PR I send for Aeon Nox 5.
(2017-10-30, 08:33)NewYears1978 Wrote: Is the expected naming convention for the logos (for the logo view) different than normal? The skin is not displaying my logo.png or clearlogo.png which are stored locally.

Thanks in advance.
Need to add your artwork to library using Artwork Downloader.
(2017-10-31, 17:27)Scythe42 Wrote: I recently Upgraded to Krypton and encountered the following issues with Aeon Nox:

When I watch an episode even though marked in my SQL database as watched the episode view is not updated. Only if I go to the top menu and then down again to the episode the updated is reflected there. It seems to me like an update of the window is missing after the viewed status in the SQL database was updated. Happens on movie collections in the same way.

And another one: I choose not to display rating, but this does not work for episodes (list view). Ratings are still shown. For movies it works fine.

And to ground it off: If an episode has no thumbnail yet on thetvdb.com, Kodi does not generate one anymore.

All these issues are unique to Aeon Nox. If I use another skin these problems do not show up.

Any suggestions where to look to fix this?
This skin will not change how Kodi works. Anything marked watched is handled by Kodi and the skin only uses an INFOLabel like ListItem.Overlay to show a watched Icon or not. If Kodi doesn't do anything to update the library like add a personal rating using Trakt after watching then, if you have the show unwatched items option enabled, it wont hide watched until you exit the view and reenter but an icon or checkmark will show.

I can confirm the rating issue for episodes on Krypton repo v6.0.1 (not sure about current master) and if BigNoid doesn't get to it before me I can try to send a PR to fix that, if I can find the time OFC...

Episode thumbnails when not provided by scraper is provided by Kodi and I see no issues there myself.

You can try posting a debug log (wiki) to see if there is any relevant info regarding your issues but they appear to me to be setup related on your end somehow.
(2017-11-02, 20:40)bokkoman Wrote: For a long time I've have been having long loading times in the home screen widgets for movies and tv shows (both showing recent).

I'm on an Nvidia Shield running latest kodi.

Thanks
Got a debug log (wiki)? If you are using certain Widgets that rely on internet connection like Extended Info Popular Movies then depending on that connection or api it can take some time to load.

RE: Aeon Nox 5 - Edworld - 2017-11-07

Music Artwork question:

I've been updating my mediacenter with music and have a question about soundtracks/compilations. Is the only way to display fanart is by adding the tracks in a soundtrack to an artist? as an example: Armageddon

Armageddon has 10 songs: 4 are Aerosmith, should I include a subfolder within the aerosmith folder and move all 4 songs there?

I currently have a folder called soundtracks\armageddon\all 10 songs here

Thanks in advance

RE: Aeon Nox 5 - Karellen - 2017-11-07

@Edworld,

There is some major work happening in v18 of Kodi with respect to artwork, nfo files and import/export which solves a lot of issues, including the one you mention being Various Artists and Compilation albums. (head over to music forum for more information)

Essentially, if you have an album by Aerosmith in your library, then any track that appears on a compilation album should also share the artist fanart of aerosmith. But it does not always happen, and depends upon the order of scrape of the albums. If the compilation album is scraped before the Aerosmith album, then no artwork shows for either of them.

If you don't have an album by Aerosmith, then no Artist Fanart is available. Personally I wouldn't go splitting up albums and creating fake ones.

You can manually apply Artist fanart. Have a read through Section 2 here... http://kodi.wiki/view/Music_artwork

RE: Aeon Nox 5 - sakos - 2017-11-12

(2017-10-18, 10:57)mikeSiLVO Wrote:

I will look into this and get back to as soon as I can... 
Looking forward to your results.

RE: Aeon Nox 5 - sakos - 2017-11-12

I have one more question.
This enigma style TV channel handling is almost perfect. I miss one thing compared to real enigma. This is the availability of channel group selection from list in channel OSD view.
Currently I can step back and forth among channel groups one by one, however I cannot select from a list which would be much faster and comfortable. This list is only available in normal channel view.

Is it possible to activate the channel group selection list directly from OSD channel list view? I mean if there is a Kodi command which can activate this list view? I found that the channel group list is handled by DialogSelect.xml file, but could not find a command to activate this window. My intention is assigning the activation of this window to a remote button in channel OSD view.

RE: Aeon Nox 5 - Scythe42 - 2017-11-15

(2017-11-04, 04:11)mikeSiLVO Wrote: This skin will not change how Kodi works. Anything marked watched is handled by Kodi and the skin only uses an INFOLabel like ListItem.Overlay to show a watched Icon or not. If Kodi doesn't do anything to update the library like add a personal rating using Trakt after watching then, if you have the show unwatched items option enabled, it wont hide watched until you exit the view and reenter but an icon or checkmark will show.
Let me describe the issue a bit more in detail:

1. Select all TV Shows with unwatched Episodes
2. Enter a Show
3. Enter a Season
4. Play an unwatched episode
5. Skip a bit forward to the end
6. When the threshhold for automatically mark as watch is reached stop playback 

Episode will show as watched in the list view. So far so good.

7. Go one level higher (you on the season level again)

The season will still have one e.g. one unwatched episode listed on the indicator, even though it was marked as watched. Same on Series level.

Only if I go up to main menu and re-enter again the watched status is correctly reflected.

It is like the view doesn't get updated when I go one level back up. I only have seen this with Aeon Nox on Krypton. Kodi bug? Well than many people would have reported it. I cannot find a bug report on this.

Also I cannot reproduce this with other skins. On Jarvis this problem never happened. Kodi bug, sure possible. 

Debug Logs show nothing. No errors, warnings or whatever logged. It behaves absolutely normal. Episode is as said properly marked as watched, and this is displayed as such inside the season, but going one level higher it is like I get some "cached" list displays that was not updated (invalidated so it is refreshed?)

If you have any more information to help me find the root cause, might it be skin or Kodi would be helpful as this is really annoying.

RE: Aeon Nox 5 - mikeSiLVO - 2017-11-15

(2017-11-15, 19:00)Scythe42 Wrote: Let me describe the issue a bit more in detail:

1. Select all TV Shows with unwatched Episodes
2. Enter a Show
3. Enter a Season
4. Play an unwatched episode
5. Skip a bit forward to the end
6. When the threshhold for automatically mark as watch is reached stop playback 

Episode will show as watched in the list view. So far so good.

7. Go one level higher (you on the season level again)

The season will still have one e.g. one unwatched episode listed on the indicator, even though it was marked as watched. Same on Series level.

Only if I go up to main menu and re-enter again the watched status is correctly reflected.

It is like the view doesn't get updated when I go one level back up. I only have seen this with Aeon Nox on Krypton. Kodi bug? Well than many people would have reported it. I cannot find a bug report on this.

Also I cannot reproduce this with other skins. On Jarvis this problem never happened. Kodi bug, sure possible. 

Debug Logs show nothing. No errors, warnings or whatever logged. It behaves absolutely normal. Episode is as said properly marked as watched, and this is displayed as such inside the season, but going one level higher it is like I get some "cached" list displays that was not updated (invalidated so it is refreshed?)

If you have any more information to help me find the root cause, might it be skin or Kodi would be helpful as this is really annoying.
Tried your steps on my Krypton 17.5 test install and I have zero issues. I am not using MySQL though so that could be your problem.

Lets work through your comments one at a time:

Quote:Kodi bug? Well than many people would have reported it. I cannot find a bug report on this.
Using that same logic, this a popular skin used by many Kodi users. If it is a skin issue wouldn't it be just as possible to have been reported before now?

Quote:Also I cannot reproduce this with other skins.
What other skins and did you repeat the same exact steps? Perhaps you could provide a video of you performing these steps and switching skins to repeat?

Quote:Debug Logs show nothing. No errors, warnings or whatever logged.
This one I do not get. Do you or do you not know what the problem is? If you don't then how do you know what the debug log (wiki) is telling you isn't relevant?

Quote:It is like the view doesn't get updated when I go one level back up.

It behaves absolutely normal. Episode is as said properly marked as watched, and this is displayed as such inside the season, but going one level higher it is like I get some "cached" list displays that was not updated (invalidated so it is refreshed?)
There is no missing "code" to refresh the view. My guess is that you have an issue that may happen on your particular setup only.

Kodi runs on *checks notes*... everything Huh and that could mean a million differences and/or reasons why something is happening to you and not me.