Kodi Community Forum
Release Aeon Nox 5 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: Release Aeon Nox 5 (/showthread.php?tid=183504)

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - BigNoid - 2014-02-10

(2014-02-10, 21:18)Snippo Wrote: I like Nox 5 Smile.
I've always been a fan of Aeon Nox simply because it looks great without having to change anything. Being able to customize everything sounds nice but in my experience I usually don't customize anything. Nox 5 still looks great out of the box but it's quite a bit lighter and even runs great on a RPi.

I always change the backgrounds, setup widgets and add a few custom submenus. I never did understand why people would want > 10 custom menu abilities.

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - hunkyn - 2014-02-11

@BigNoid I am liking the AN5 so far and it is definitely faster compared to any skin. I have one question on how can i modify the now playing music screen. I am not good at photoshop and since most of the albums i listen do not have cdart i got all the images online and so they are not perfect. Now when i play in AN5 i get the white around the cdart and i am trying to see if there is something in the skin that i can change so it does not show up. The reason i ask is i do not get this when using in MQ5 so i know there is a way to do this.

http://postimg.org/image/ta8reupr1/

If it is not easy i understand but wanted to see if there is a file that i can modify. This will be easier for me than creating the 3000 pngs using photoshop :p

Thanks in advance

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - st0nedpenguin - 2014-02-11

I think the only things I'm missing from Nox 4 are the views, if those were all implemented I'd be a happy man.

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - warlion - 2014-02-11

(2014-02-11, 01:40)hunkyn Wrote: @BigNoid I am liking the AN5 so far and it is definitely faster compared to any skin. I have one question on how can i modify the now playing music screen. I am not good at photoshop and since most of the albums i listen do not have cdart i got all the images online and so they are not perfect. Now when i play in AN5 i get the white around the cdart and i am trying to see if there is something in the skin that i can change so it does not show up. The reason i ask is i do not get this when using in MQ5 so i know there is a way to do this.

If it is not easy i understand but wanted to see if there is a file that i can modify. This will be easier for me than creating the 3000 pngs using photoshop :p

Thanks in advance

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=remove+background+from+image

@BigNoid i find something that i never expect to find
settings- appearance -- screensaver -- Settings
you are unable to change the dim level cuz you are unable to accept the changes its impossible

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - djhifi - 2014-02-11

will the banner view of nox 4 be included ? current banner view seems like confluence.

(2014-02-10, 07:49)Raytestrak Wrote:
(2014-02-10, 00:14)djhifi Wrote: LOL, i know that. I was asking if i cant use THAT, as you were saying i could not...strange answer of yours.

Shall i export to single file or multiple? (i have movies and tv shows on multiple HDD's in frodo)

I just want to keep the banners from tv shows and the covers from the movies (i edited them almost 1 by 1 )

Separate (not multiple). If you export to a single file, all you get is a xml.file. Separate creates an export of all information and all artwork. Only works if you have everything correctly set up, though. If you have all your movies in a single folder, it will become a mess.

I have several HDD with "tv show" and "movie" folders and then separate movie folders/tv shows inside.

Do you advise me to create the "tv show" multiple source path and "movie" multiple source path on XBMC BEFORE importing ? or is this random ?

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - braz - 2014-02-11

Hey BN, just thought you might be interested to see that Nox 5 runs great on my Google Nexus 5. Smile I used to have a MySQL setup but decided to ditch that and give UPnP a try when I moved to Gotham. Everything runs really smooth, haven't run into any issues yet.

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - JDizzy - 2014-02-11

Would it be possible to add Favorites as a choice when configuring custom sub-menus?

I am running PleXBMC addon with OpenELEC/Gotham setup. I am trying different skins to see how they all work.
Aeon Nox 4 worked very well as I could save all my PleXBMC paths as Favorites then assign them to custom buttons. So far, I don't remember seeing Favorites as an option when customizing buttons.
I would like to see how Aeon 5 does.

I did notice on several skins that it would allow you to make a custom button by drilling down from Video Addons > PleXBMC > Video Node > and then your options from PlexBMC. I believe Aeon 4 had that option.
Thanks!

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - reazorFX - 2014-02-11

(2014-02-10, 20:55)BigNoid Wrote:
(2014-02-10, 19:14)reazorFX Wrote: Hi BigNoid,
economize on some code? Blush

Code:
custom_1126...xml        
line 158:    <include>FallbackMenu</include>        

custom_1121...xml        
line 70:    <include>FallbackMenu</include>

So it is easy to make a alternative Inludes_Home.xml with own fallback and menus.

Cheers

I would have to make an extra include condition then in the fallbackmenu items, but that could work.
What's the benefit of having a different includes_home.xml?

Why an extra condition? I have test it with this include (FallbackMenu) and it works fine.
Ok the idea behind is. If somebody want mod the home menu, so you make a new includes_home.xml maybe includes_home2.xml.
In this new includes_home2.xml you can make a own FallbackMenu. Let me say why, for example a home menu like in Xperience1080
have not so many home menu entry but a lot of sub menu entry like in the panel. Or like in Droid it is the same.

Ok then you only make a conditional include in the home.xml and finish. And all menu settings are done.

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - StinDaWg - 2014-02-11

BigNoid, performance wise, do you recommending turning on dirty regions with this skin, and if so, what settings? 1,2,3? nofliptimeout? With Nox 4 I used to have to use region 1/noflip 1000 to get 60 fps in all menus. In Nox 5 I get 60fps regardless so I don't know if it's even worth using or if XBMC has changed since then and doesn't recommend custom settings anymore.

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - Rouzax - 2014-02-11

(2014-02-11, 03:54)warlion Wrote:
(2014-02-11, 01:40)hunkyn Wrote: @BigNoid I am liking the AN5 so far and it is definitely faster compared to any skin. I have one question on how can i modify the now playing music screen. I am not good at photoshop and since most of the albums i listen do not have cdart i got all the images online and so they are not perfect. Now when i play in AN5 i get the white around the cdart and i am trying to see if there is something in the skin that i can change so it does not show up. The reason i ask is i do not get this when using in MQ5 so i know there is a way to do this.

Thanks in advance

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=remove+background+from+image

@BigNoid i find something that i never expect to find
you are unable to change the dim level cuz you are unable to accept the changes its impossible

That was already a bug in v4 Smile

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - BigNoid - 2014-02-11

Thanks in advance
Thats because its using a diffuse texture probably. I'll see if I can post some code.
(2014-02-11, 03:54)warlion Wrote: @BigNoid i find something that i never expect to find
hehe, good find Smile Thats a tricky one.

(2014-02-11, 04:34)djhifi Wrote: will the banner view of nox 4 be included ? current banner view seems like confluence.
Dont know yet.

(2014-02-11, 06:33)bryanbrazil Wrote: Hey BN, just thought you might be interested to see that Nox 5 runs great on my Google Nexus 5. Smile I used to have a MySQL setup but decided to ditch that and give UPnP a try when I moved to Gotham. Everything runs really smooth, haven't run into any issues yet.
Good to hear Smile

(2014-02-11, 07:31)JDizzy Wrote: Would it be possible to add Favorites as a choice when configuring custom sub-menus?
Already possible. Install the script.shortcuts script, restart XBMC, enable custom submenus and then you can manage the submenu in the main menu customizer.
(2014-02-11, 08:49)reazorFX Wrote:
(2014-02-10, 20:55)BigNoid Wrote:
(2014-02-10, 19:14)reazorFX Wrote: Hi BigNoid,
economize on some code? Blush

Code:
custom_1126...xml        
line 158:    <include>FallbackMenu</include>        

custom_1121...xml        
line 70:    <include>FallbackMenu</include>

So it is easy to make a alternative Inludes_Home.xml with own fallback and menus.

Cheers

I would have to make an extra include condition then in the fallbackmenu items, but that could work.
What's the benefit of having a different includes_home.xml?

Why an extra condition? I have test it with this include (FallbackMenu) and it works fine.
Ok the idea behind is. If somebody want mod the home menu, so you make a new includes_home.xml maybe includes_home2.xml.
In this new includes_home2.xml you can make a own FallbackMenu. Let me say why, for example a home menu like in Xperience1080
have not so many home menu entry but a lot of sub menu entry like in the panel. Or like in Droid it is the same.

Ok then you only make a conditional include in the home.xml and finish. And all menu settings are done.
Because in the fallbackmenu hte includes depend on wether they are enabled or not, in the customizers I want to show them always, also if they are disabled. So I would have to make
Code:
<include condition="IsEmpty(Skin.String(PicturesHomeItem.Disable)) | Window.IsActive(1126) | Window.IsActive(1121)">PicturesMainMenu</include>

(2014-02-11, 10:26)StinDaWg Wrote: BigNoid, performance wise, do you recommending turning on dirty regions with this skin, and if so, what settings? 1,2,3? nofliptimeout? With Nox 4 I used to have to use region 1/noflip 1000 to get 60 fps in all menus. In Nox 5 I get 60fps regardless so I don't know if it's even worth using or if XBMC has changed since then and doesn't recommend custom settings anymore.
If you disable it in the advancedsettings.xml it defaults to 3 with 0 nofliptimeout. I have seen some strange side effects with 1 and 1000 noflip and because of that I have it on default nowadays. Its been on my list to find a reproducible case with the default skin and make a trac ticket.

(2014-02-11, 10:55)BigNoid Wrote:
(2014-02-11, 03:54)warlion Wrote: @BigNoid i find something that i never expect to find
hehe, good find Smile Thats a tricky one.

I agree I can't think on a way , the only thing on my head is change the dialogaddonsettings completely, and that's too bad

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - homerjs - 2014-02-11

(2014-02-10, 11:19)LUISM Wrote: AEON NOX is no longer AEON NOX.
The best we can say is NOX 5 is some kind of NOX 4 / CONFLUENCE unwanted son (with some Android genes).
Aeon Nox description 1st sentence is "Aeon Nox stands for eye candy and customization." but maybe this is no longer true regarding Nox 5.

I realy hope someone will do something with NOX 4 so it fully supports Gotham and implements all futur changes, even if that means to create a NOX replacement skin as NOX seems to replace Confluence itself.

All this basic graphics and functions from NOX 5 meant to be reactive on all these low capable Android devices and other rPI make me feel like we loose half of this previous skin version benefits.

If NOX 4 or some kind of suite wont fully work on Gotham i would rather keep Frodo than move on to NOX 5 (on its actual state of course).

I apologize to you BigNoid (as i'm more than gratefull for all the work you have done before) but NOX 5 really isn't for me, and it was also the opinion of all my friends when i showed them last/new version differences.

Confused

Funny, I was thinking the exact same thing but didn't want to say anything because it may be construed as disrespectful....Aeon Nox, Eye Candy, AE5 not so much, it's like a redo of other unenhanced skins..no disrespect meant

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - pyrodex - 2014-02-11

@BigNoid

Appreciate all the hard work on the skin and love the speed and everything so far I've seen. I do have one question though, is there future plans to maybe offer a larger OSD option for people who may be custom to this in other skins?

(2014-02-11, 17:00)homerjs Wrote:
(2014-02-10, 11:19)LUISM Wrote: I realy hope someone will do something with NOX 4 so it fully supports Gotham and implements all futur changes, even if that means to create a NOX replacement skin as NOX seems to replace Confluence itself.

Funny, I was thinking the exact same thing but didn't want to say anything because it may be construed as disrespectful....Aeon Nox, Eye Candy, AE5 not so much, it's like a redo of other unenhanced skins..no disrespect meant

guys AN5 is really a cool skin really fast and it work in all devises AN4 is so big that many older devises had trouble with it , but really you should browse the Aeon Nox forum there is a AN4 for gotham