Kodi Community Forum
Release Aeon Nox 5 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: Release Aeon Nox 5 (/showthread.php?tid=183504)

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - [Tahini] - 2014-02-13

Nice! will the issue with the accented letters present in AN 4.0 be fixed in 5.0?

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - AssFaceBook - 2014-02-13

Hi, I had a bad case of harddrive crash and been waiting for a Gotham beta before installing and trying out AN5, but could not wait anymore. First impressions was a little like many others that it was not as nice as AN4.. but I think I'll come around when its done.

Hoping for more banner views Cool

This might be a Gotham issue or already posted but : I'm scraping my Concerts as TVShows and i got an extra [/B] in the title
Code:
<episodedetails>
    <title>[COLOR white][B]Kris Kristofferson[/COLOR][/B][COLOR gray]: [/COLOR][COLOR silver]Live From Austin, TX[/COLOR]</title>
    <showtitle></showtitle>

Reason for posting.. just want to say thanks for continuing with AN! Cheers

e: I think this is because the title is now in bold by default, but in AN4 it was'nt (?). Well guess I got to make some excel file and crank out new nfoConfused..

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - djhifi - 2014-02-13

Is it me or the latest GOTHAM nightlies (12 and 13 february) removes the audio output checklist, only enabling the selection of "AC3 compatible device" and "DTS compatible device", which leads to my receiver (onkyo) outputting EVERYTHING in multichannel stereo?

On frodo, which I also have installed, same movies play and get decoded alright.

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - SpiderDice - 2014-02-14

Has a public beta been released?

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - MaxCore - 2014-02-14

(2014-02-14, 02:10)SpiderDice Wrote: Has a public beta been released?

check the first post Wink

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - SpiderDice - 2014-02-14

(2014-02-14, 04:59)MaxCore Wrote:
(2014-02-14, 02:10)SpiderDice Wrote: Has a public beta been released?

check the first post Wink

Doh! Thanks! Undecided

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - BigNoid - 2014-02-14

(2014-02-13, 06:51)Vaikin Wrote: A little suggestion. For widgets when listing episodes(recommended or otherwise), it displays the name of the episode. Most of the time you would never even know/care about the episode name. Displaying the show name seems to make more sense.

Oh also, the Next Aired TV script is being updated. New features added. Not sure if you'd like/need to make any changes to what is displayed.
Thx for the heads up about next aired. I can only implement changes if they will be available on official repo (seeing theres already one on repo).
You might have a point about the episode list. Will have a look at that.

(2014-02-13, 09:13)smiffy1989 Wrote: Any chance of a PVR widget to show recent recordings/upcoming recordings?

Also is it possible to make the movie widget work from a smart playlist? I have two menu items for movies and 3D movies that point to smart playlists based on the file path. Would be great to have separate recently added widgets for each.
Playlist widgets will come. If the PR for that or scripts are not ready for Gotham, I will re-implement randomandlast items script.
I dont know if theres any detailed info available on home screen for pvr. I'll make a note to find out about that.
(2014-02-13, 11:08)[Tahini] Wrote: Nice! will the issue with the accented letters present in AN 4.0 be fixed in 5.0?
What issue is that?
(2014-02-13, 14:36)AssFaceBook Wrote: Hi, I had a bad case of harddrive crash and been waiting for a Gotham beta before installing and trying out AN5, but could not wait anymore. First impressions was a little like many others that it was not as nice as AN4.. but I think I'll come around when its done.

Hoping for more banner views Cool

This might be a Gotham issue or already posted but : I'm scraping my Concerts as TVShows and i got an extra [/B] in the title

Code:
<episodedetails>
    <title>[COLOR white][B]Kris Kristofferson[/COLOR][/B][COLOR gray]: [/COLOR][COLOR silver]Live From Austin, TX[/COLOR]</title>
    <showtitle></showtitle>

Reason for posting.. just want to say thanks for continuing with AN! Cheers

e: I think this is because the title is now in bold by default, but in AN4 it was'nt (?). Well guess I got to make some excel file and crank out new nfoConfused..
I can make a separate bold font that will fix this issue. Wasn't aware that this is an actual usecase.

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - akya - 2014-02-15

What a lovely theme.. Sleek, elegant, clean, fast loading.. Just love the pause screen and seekbar Smile Thanks a lot and keep up the good work Smile

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - reazorFX - 2014-02-15

(2014-02-11, 10:55)BigNoid Wrote:
(2014-02-11, 01:40)hunkyn Wrote: @BigNoid I am liking the AN5 so far and it is definitely faster compared to any skin. I have one question on how can i modify the now playing music screen. I am not good at photoshop and since most of the albums i listen do not have cdart i got all the images online and so they are not perfect. Now when i play in AN5 i get the white around the cdart and i am trying to see if there is something in the skin that i can change so it does not show up. The reason i ask is i do not get this when using in MQ5 so i know there is a way to do this.

If it is not easy i understand but wanted to see if there is a file that i can modify. This will be easier for me than creating the 3000 pngs using photoshop :p

Thanks in advance
Thats because its using a diffuse texture probably. I'll see if I can post some code.
(2014-02-11, 03:54)warlion Wrote: @BigNoid i find something that i never expect to find
settings- appearance -- screensaver -- Settings
you are unable to change the dim level cuz you are unable to accept the changes its impossible
hehe, good find Smile Thats a tricky one.

(2014-02-11, 04:34)djhifi Wrote: will the banner view of nox 4 be included ? current banner view seems like confluence.
Dont know yet.

(2014-02-11, 06:33)bryanbrazil Wrote: Hey BN, just thought you might be interested to see that Nox 5 runs great on my Google Nexus 5. Smile I used to have a MySQL setup but decided to ditch that and give UPnP a try when I moved to Gotham. Everything runs really smooth, haven't run into any issues yet.
Good to hear Smile

(2014-02-11, 07:31)JDizzy Wrote: Would it be possible to add Favorites as a choice when configuring custom sub-menus?
Already possible. Install the script.shortcuts script, restart XBMC, enable custom submenus and then you can manage the submenu in the main menu customizer.
(2014-02-11, 08:49)reazorFX Wrote:
(2014-02-10, 20:55)BigNoid Wrote: I would have to make an extra include condition then in the fallbackmenu items, but that could work.
What's the benefit of having a different includes_home.xml?

Why an extra condition? I have test it with this include (FallbackMenu) and it works fine.
Ok the idea behind is. If somebody want mod the home menu, so you make a new includes_home.xml maybe includes_home2.xml.
In this new includes_home2.xml you can make a own FallbackMenu. Let me say why, for example a home menu like in Xperience1080
have not so many home menu entry but a lot of sub menu entry like in the panel. Or like in Droid it is the same.

Ok then you only make a conditional include in the home.xml and finish. And all menu settings are done.
Because in the fallbackmenu hte includes depend on wether they are enabled or not, in the customizers I want to show them always, also if they are disabled. So I would have to make
Code:
<include condition="IsEmpty(Skin.String(PicturesHomeItem.Disable)) | Window.IsActive(1126) | Window.IsActive(1121)">PicturesMainMenu</include>

(2014-02-11, 10:26)StinDaWg Wrote: BigNoid, performance wise, do you recommending turning on dirty regions with this skin, and if so, what settings? 1,2,3? nofliptimeout? With Nox 4 I used to have to use region 1/noflip 1000 to get 60 fps in all menus. In Nox 5 I get 60fps regardless so I don't know if it's even worth using or if XBMC has changed since then and doesn't recommend custom settings anymore.
If you disable it in the advancedsettings.xml it defaults to 3 with 0 nofliptimeout. I have seen some strange side effects with 1 and 1000 noflip and because of that I have it on default nowadays. Its been on my list to find a reproducible case with the default skin and make a trac ticket.

ups yes shure Blush the disable option.

Have you noticed, when you switch form tvshows or seasons to the episodes and the list view on episodes is active.
you get a small flash of the tvshow poster before the thumb ist show.

I have include in the View_50_list.xml in line 645 this to fix it, but I´m not so happy with this solution. Any other idea?

PHP Code:
                <animation type="conditional" condition="Container.Content(tvshows)" reversible="false">
                    <
effect type="fade" start="0" end="100" time="600" delay="600"/>
                </
animation>
                <
animation type="conditional" condition="Container.Content(seasons)" reversible="false">
                    <
                </
animation>
                <
animation type="conditional" condition="Container.Content(episodes)" reversible="false">
                    <
                </
animation

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - djhifi - 2014-02-15

Hey, I have on tvshows library counter, "3000 unwatched" and "3000 watched"...which is a bug.
What is happening?

PS: I have multidisk season spread. I know its a bug that has not been corrected in ages (giving me more tv shows than I have) but the above sentence never happened before on frodo.

Maybe something wrong in the export library to single file in frodo?
Im running Gotham on portable mode

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - smiffy1989 - 2014-02-15

(2014-02-07, 18:18)smiffy1989 Wrote: The girlfriend has found a bit of a usability issue in Live TV.

In the top left you can see by default we are in: ALL TV CHANNELS:

When you bring up the menu from the left, select TV Channels to change channel group, you can't see which channel group you have chosen because the menu is covering the text in the top left:

Maybe "TV Channels" in the menu should be the channel group you are currently in?

(2014-02-07, 22:15)BigNoid Wrote: @smiffy1989: Good catch. I never bothered making groups in the pvr demo. Will do that and see if I can find a good solution. There are probably more quirks like that in PVR section as I have to guess how people use it (as I dont use pvr myself). If you find anymore please let me know.

She's just noticed that this has been fixed in the latest preview Smile

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - Vaikin - 2014-02-15

With a smart playlist in showcase view as seen here everything looks fine. When I toggle the watched status either via the menu or with the 'w' key, things go a little odd as seen here. If I continue to mark movies as seen or unseen, it continues to get weirder.

It should be noted that this strange behavior does not happen when the navigation style is in fixed mode, only in the default one.

Edit:
I'm using XBMC nightly Feb 2 and the latest Nox 5.0.

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - BigNoid - 2014-02-16

(2014-02-15, 23:49)Vaikin Wrote: With a smart playlist in showcase view as seen here everything looks fine. When I toggle the watched status either via the menu or with the 'w' key, things go a little odd as seen here. If I continue to mark movies as seen or unseen, it continues to get weirder.

It should be noted that this strange behavior does not happen when the navigation style is in fixed mode, only in the default one.

Edit:
I'm using XBMC nightly Feb 2 and the latest Nox 5.0.

I only see this for a split second, but the thumbs do re-appear, but I'm guessing it has the same root cause. Not sure if this is a fault in the skin or with xbmc. Will try to investigate some more.

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - Vaikin - 2014-02-16

Mine don't reappear. When navigating through them appear, but when the "lost" ones lose focus they go back to blank boxes again. I need to leave the menu and return for it to get fixed.

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - Martijn - 2014-02-16

(2014-02-16, 00:50)Vaikin Wrote: Mine don't reappear. When navigating through them appear, but when the "lost" ones lose focus they go back to blank boxes again. I need to leave the menu and return for it to get fixed.

xbmc issue if you ask me