Kodi Community Forum
Release Aeon Nox 5 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: Release Aeon Nox 5 (/showthread.php?tid=183504)

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - bolter - 2014-03-05

(2014-03-05, 02:08)patseguin Wrote: I am getting dependencies nor met trying to install the skin and scripts in Gotham. Am I doing something wrong?

I too am getting this message for the plugin moviesets. I think it maybe to do with the fact I've updated to beta 1.

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - removed151214 - 2014-03-05

(2014-03-05, 04:52)bolter Wrote:
(2014-03-05, 02:08)patseguin Wrote: I am getting dependencies nor met trying to install the skin and scripts in Gotham. Am I doing something wrong?

I too am getting this message for the plugin moviesets. I think it maybe to do with the fact I've updated to beta 1.

plugin.moviesets isn't a requirement for Nox5, just a recommendation (meaning it doesn't have to be installed for Nox5 to work), so it's unlikely to be the problem for @patseguin. Also, the move to beta shouldn't break the vast majority of plugins - including moviesets - unless they or their dependancies are updated (and moviesets (or at least BigNoid's version at https://github.com/bignoid/plugin.moviesets/) doesn't have any dependancies, other than the inbuilt XBMC dependacies such as xmbc.python, which haven't changed from pre-release to beta).

TBH, though, it's another of those situations where a full debug log will be able to give far better answers...

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - bolter - 2014-03-05

(2014-03-05, 06:06)Unfledged Wrote:
(2014-03-05, 04:52)bolter Wrote:

plugin.moviesets isn't a requirement for Nox5, just a recommendation (meaning it doesn't have to be installed for Nox5 to work), so it's unlikely to be the problem for @patseguin. Also, the move to beta shouldn't break the vast majority of plugins - including moviesets - unless they or their dependancies are updated (and moviesets (or at least BigNoid's version at https://github.com/bignoid/plugin.moviesets/) doesn't have any dependancies, other than the inbuilt XBMC dependacies such as xmbc.python, which haven't changed from pre-release to beta).

TBH, though, it's another of those situations where a full debug log will be able to give far better answers...
I did know that Unfledged, all I was trying to put forward was that there is a problem with movie sets plugin.

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - removed151214 - 2014-03-05

(2014-03-05, 07:53)bolter Wrote:
(2014-03-05, 06:06)Unfledged Wrote:
(2014-03-05, 04:52)bolter Wrote: I too am getting this message for the plugin moviesets. I think it maybe to do with the fact I've updated to beta 1.

I did know that Unfledged, all I was trying to put forward was that there is a problem with movie sets plugin.

Apologies for my misunderstanding.

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - nick w - 2014-03-05

(2014-03-04, 20:47)DoctorDyna Wrote: This is probably a very stupid question and I'm sure I'm just overlooking something, but I can't seem to get artist fanart to show up as you have in the first screenshot of Dre and Snoop.

The only option I can find in skin settings is "random fanart" but that doesn't seem to do anything.

What am I doing wrong?

Are you using an AdvancedSettings.xml?

This for me is causing background issues

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - DoctorDyna - 2014-03-05

Edit: Woops, owned by refresh.

(2014-03-05, 10:50)nick w Wrote:
(2014-03-04, 20:47)DoctorDyna Wrote: This is probably a very stupid question and I'm sure I'm just overlooking something, but I can't seem to get artist fanart to show up as you have in the first screenshot of Dre and Snoop.

The only option I can find in skin settings is "random fanart" but that doesn't seem to do anything.

What am I doing wrong?

Are you using an AdvancedSettings.xml?

This for me is causing background issues

Yeah, I am. It's not much though, just database settings, along with what came by default with xbmc.

Edit: Also, I'm not sure if this is germane to the issue, but my display for a "now playing" cd cover on the main screen is up top, not like how it is in the first post (at the bottom, with fanart)

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - joelbaby - 2014-03-05

Any chance of:

InfoWall ?

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - hewligun - 2014-03-05

Yes, as @joelbaby said. Please bring infowall back as well as bannerplex and episode list.

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - BigNoid - 2014-03-05

(2014-03-02, 07:15)bolter Wrote: Is there a way to make the movie stats line only show that of my playlist not everything?
Not yet. I hope to add that, but atm i dont have a solution.
(2014-03-02, 12:18)bolter Wrote: BigNoid, when activating the TV show info line, I think the word "Watched" should be "Episodes" as I don't think that I have watched 2600.
Heh, good one. Will fix that.
(2014-03-02, 16:59)nabsboss Wrote: Hi Guys,

Aeon Nox 5 is amazing, great work Wink

I'm creating a subtitle provider for tv show on Gotham who work very well with confluence but not with Aeon Nox 5.

ilt seem that the video player are not return some missing info with Aeon Nox 5 like this:
item['year'] = xbmc.getInfoLabel("VideoPlayer.Year") # Year
item['season'] = str(xbmc.getInfoLabel("VideoPlayer.Season")) # Season
item['episode'] = str(xbmc.getInfoLabel("VideoPlayer.Episode")) # Episode
item['tvshow'] = normalizeString(xbmc.getInfoLabel("VideoPlayer.TVshowtitle")) # Show

Can you help please ?
I doubt that is a skin problem? If it is, please provide more details of whats not working.
(2014-03-02, 18:45)Rabberax Wrote: Some exta questions: is it known whether disabling/enabling specific furniture on the homescreen will be enabled again? Like the positioning of the recommended episodes widget (i don't like it being small and only 1 recommendation >> yesi know when you click it it opens up...)

Some other things:

- EPG/Tv channels widget for live TV (or is there something like that?
- Disabling xbmc rss feed (or can i already do that?)
-
I have not decided yet on widget styles. If I find a good one, I will add it.
Disabling rss feed is done in the appearance setting of XBMC.
Live TV widgets..I dont know if thats possible. Will look into that if I find time.
(2014-03-02, 23:21)nick w Wrote: Found a bus possibly:
adding the advancedsettings.xml caused the service.library.data.provider plugin to crash..

I only have this in my advancedsettings.xml:
PHP Code:
<advancedsettings>
     <
videodatabase>
       <
type>mysql</type>
       <
host>192.168.1.100</host>
       <
port>3306</port>
       <
user>xbmc</user>
       <
pass>xbmc</pass>
       <
name>xbmc_video</name>
    </
videodatabase>
    <
musicdatabase>
       <
type>mysql</type>
       <
host>192.168.1.100</host>
       <
port>3306</port>
       <
user>xbmc</user>
       <
pass>xbmc</pass>
       <
name>xbmc_music</name>
    </
musicdatabase>
</
advancedsettings

IF i add the following in the advancedsetting.xml:
PHP Code:
<pathsubstitution>
     <
substitute>
      <
from>special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/</from>

<to>C:\Users\Media\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\Thumbnails</to>
     </
substitute>
    </
pathsubstitution
It works but i havent yet worked out why its not pulling thumbs through... the plugin doesnt crash but wont display thumbs..

Also,
Can there be a setting to change from Fahrenheit to Celsius?
Moviesets plugin fails on dependencies. any ideas what is needs?

Thanks for all your hard work
N

Another strange thing is my random movie fanart isn't working. Just shows a black screen. TV shows works fine mind you.. Just not movie
You dont need to substitute artwork anymore for the mysql database. Its best to have those locally everywhere (should be automatic). If everything is properly cached (= stored locally) the random fanart wont give black screens anymore. Its a known fact that scripts cant handle path substitutions in as.xml.
(2014-03-02, 23:36)nick w Wrote: Edit. Tvshows isn't pulling fanart backgrounds all the time either

Weather is only showing you overall weather. Non for 36 hour or 10 days

Thanks
N
Try weather underground addon, that one should give extended info. I probably need to filter out the ones that dont work if that one is not installed though.
(2014-03-03, 11:49)Warner306 Wrote: Just downloaded the preview version. I have a couple of requests:

Can you add some information to icons view for the selected video beyond the name and codec? For example, on-highlight, I'd prefer to see a pop-out that displays the running time, director, plot outline and IMDB score. This view is too spartan.

If not, bringing back the infowall view would be nice.

Similarily, could some episode information be added to the shift and poster views? With all the white space, it is annoying that I cannot see the number of episodes in each TV season without clicking on them.

You have mentioned widgets are coming for custom playlists, but what about backgrounds?
I would like to see an option for random fanart from specific playlists played in the background of the Home screen.

Otherwise, I think this is an upgrade from the previous Nox.
I dont want a info popup for wall view. My original plan was to include InfoWall and Logo view so those two will come before final release. (this is also a reply to all infowall requests Smile )
(2014-03-03, 12:16)zag Wrote: Is there any reason why the PVR channel OSD is on the left rather than the right hand side?

The only reason I mention it is because it is inconsistent with Confluence and Aeon 4, the girlfriend just asked me the other day when I switched themes Wink
I used the code from the media menu for that one, so thats why its on the left side Smile
(2014-03-04, 00:54)bolter Wrote: BigNoid, can you have a look at the poster view for movies. I don't know if it's the same for everyone, but I find it very difficult to determine if it's a single movie or a movie set. Other views have the names underneath to make it easier, but unless you have dedicated set posters it's a bit hard to tell in the poster view.
Keep up the good work.

Edit: Have also noticed that if you select the movie sets in the sub menu, you get some movies that the moviedb has determined that there is a set but you may only have movie.

Such as the Back to the future set, I only have 1 of the movies and I find it a bit strange that it says there is a set, but when you open up the set there is only 1 movie in it. Maybe it should only show a set if it has more than 1 movie
About one movie in a set, thats an xbmc thing and I cant fix that in the skin. I'll see if i can make an indicator for sets.
(2014-03-04, 07:15)isamu.dragon Wrote: BigNoid, one suggestion, could you add a toggle for the unwatched icon?

I have it set to show only unwatched and is quite annoying to see it when I know all the TV Shows/Movies visible are unwatched

I believe this would be very beneficial to anyone as it would allow people the aesthetic choice between either one

below is a screenshot of how it looks (and how annoying it is) when in "Unwatched Only" status
Yes, in next version I will have an advanced settings section where I'll have a few settings that is not for everyone. It'll include an option for watched/unwatched toggle in thumb views and kiosk mode

What am I doing wrong?
artist fanart should be automatic: it tries the artist slideshow first and falls back to artist library fanart then and to random fanart if that fails.
(2014-03-05, 15:36)DoctorDyna Wrote: Edit: Also, I'm not sure if this is germane to the issue, but my display for a "now playing" cd cover on the main screen is up top, not like how it is in the first post (at the bottom, with fanart)

If the main menu is low then the music widget goes all the way up.

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - nick w - 2014-03-05

Fantastic reply again.. Thanks

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - Warner306 - 2014-03-05

After using the skin some more, I've noticed a few more issues:

Could you move the text on the third panel of the Tri-Panel view so it is not cut-off? I know this looks pleasing from a design point-of-view, but I find it difficult to read. Moving the text to the right or expanding the box slightly would make the text easier to read and the view more pleasing.

The menu bar and OSD are too small? From 10 feet away on a 60' screen the text at the bottom of the OSD is readable, but barely. Similarly, the menu bar at the top suffers from the same problem. Increasing the text size slightly or using a bold font would fix this issue.

When browsing the Music section, I've noticed random movie fan-art is displayed in the background? I believe this is a bug as it should be music fan-art. Scrolling over each artist brings up the appropriate fan-art for that artist, but the movie fan-art begins if you leave the cursor in place for any time.

Also, I hope you don't remove the icons view, as I quite like it; I just wished it displayed more information when browsing through movies.

Thanks for your hard work!!

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - hewligun - 2014-03-06

Bignoid I saw you replied that infowall will be coming back. Super happy about that. What about Bannerplex and episode list?

Also is there going to be horizontal widgets for new releases to tv and movies? or only the one off to the side?

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - patseguin - 2014-03-06

I got all the addons to install after force refreshing the addons file, all except for the playlists one. It's fine because smart playlists work anyways. It would be the perfect skin if the view modes had DVD cases.

Also, will this end up in the repo so it auto updates?

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - hewligun - 2014-03-06

is there going to be an option to enter custom sub menu items? i cant find the item i want in your list and i dont see a custom option.

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - pletopia - 2014-03-06

Just did a fresh install this evening.

Installed XBMCBuntu .. upgraded to B1 and tried to install addon via zip and got a Dependencies not Met error