Kodi Community Forum
Release Aeon Nox 5 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: Release Aeon Nox 5 (/showthread.php?tid=183504)

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - Plirus - 2014-03-29

I'm no expert but I would think you need the script service.library.data.provider that is listed in the first post. And also note that first time I tried it took a while to populate.

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - BigNoid - 2014-03-29

(2014-03-28, 04:13)Unfledged Wrote: I've finally spent some time with Nox5, and may I say first of all what a great job - the orange theme in particular, with the colour being used to provide an unobtrusive yet beautiful highlight, is truly superb. However, as someone with more than a little bit of OCD there were a couple of things which irked me which I hope you'll look at Smile

First of all, the mouse cursor. I get that this isn't a skin primarily designed for mouse control, but I do find myself using mouse occasionally and the cursor appears to be slightly off. By that I mean, in the following picture, the cursor is clearly over the submenu, but the main menu is actually highlighted... Also, it seems really large in comparison to other UI elements (such as, for example, the sub-menu or those three dots in the corner of the library that show view options).
You are right, there was a bit overlap in the cursor texture. I will correct this in next update. I'll have a look to see if it fits better to make it a bit smaller.

(2014-03-28, 04:13)Unfledged Wrote: Second, and really showing my OCD, is the size of items in lists. The difference in height (and font weight) between the settings menu list, and the list view just irked me. It doesn't feel to me like there needs to be such a difference in the height/weight of these lists... (and when going from settings to add-ons it felt quite jarring)

You may have a point for list items that have a single line, for list items with two lines imo the height is just right for the list view. I'll see if I can unify those sections.

(2014-03-28, 04:13)Unfledged Wrote: The HD tag - Great. Similarly to the colour theme, it's nicely understated yet works wonderfully.. But why, in the Shift view, do I get both the HD tag over on the left and the resolution over to the right? It feels like one is redundant. And, just personal preference, but I really could live without the studio flag in all the views. The studio that made the item doesn't affect my choice of whether I'm going to watch it at all. Personally, I'd prefer to see the audio channel, or perhaps as you already do for some views for seasons and episodes, and have the items icon there.
Yeah I was going for consistency, but it may be better to remove it from views that already have the resolution tag. As for the studio flags, they are only there in list view and showcase/landscape view. Basically its just there because i think it looks good Smile I do think that the tvshow banner might be a good option to use in tvshow list, like Xperience1080 has instead of studio flag, but for the movie list I really like the look of it.

(2014-03-28, 04:13)Unfledged Wrote: But, overall, Nox5 is seriously impressive. Thank you for it.
Thx, a big part of the skin wouldn't be possible without your script, so thank you for that Smile

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - BigNoid - 2014-03-29

There were a couple posts about the channel manager, I am aware of the problem, will be fixed in next update.

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - denz - 2014-03-29

(2014-03-29, 13:42)Plirus Wrote: I'm no expert but I would think you need the script service.library.data.provider that is listed in the first post. And also note that first time I tried it took a while to populate.

Thank you I thought I had it installed.

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - denz - 2014-03-30

Thank you for the great skin. Is there any chance that we can squeeze a bit more information in the epg timeline. I have provided WMC timeline as a example. I have tried to edit timeline but when I try to change <timeblocks>20</timeblocks> xbmc just stops responding.

Edit: Changing it to 40 works, I must have done something incorrectly before.

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - BigNoid - 2014-03-30

Updated the first post with beta 4:
- Add episode count to TriPanel/List season view.
- Corrected pointer texture.
- Unify font size in dialogs.
- Orange theme: yellow selected color instead of bright orange.
- PVR: Add popup when changing channels.
- PVR: Add missing textures channel manager.
- PVR: Fix missing texture on group change dialog.
- Hide HD/SD/3D tag in title in views that have a resolution flag.

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - smiffy1989 - 2014-03-30

(2014-03-30, 11:46)BigNoid Wrote: - PVR: Add popup when changing channels.

Looks good, don't get anything in fullscreen info though?

Correct, still working on that.

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - removed151214 - 2014-03-30

You've inclided script-skinshortcuts-includes.xml again, which will cause problems for anyone with custom submenus upgrading to beta 4.

So before anyone asks: anyone upgrading who isn't seeing their custom submenu's, make a change to any of your custom menus and return to the home page. In a few seconds they'll appear Smile

Oops Tongue link corrected

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - noonzascript - 2014-03-30

(2014-03-30, 05:02)denz Wrote: Thank you for the great skin. Is there any chance that we can squeeze a bit more information in the epg timeline. I have provided WMC timeline as a example. I have tried to edit timeline but when I try to change <timeblocks>20</timeblocks> xbmc just stops responding.

Edit: Changing it to 40 works, I must have done something incorrectly before.

What backend are you using? I want to set up genre colors for the EPG for Aussie TV but have no idea where or how to start.

Edit: Found out configure epg genre colours. Smile

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - DoctorDyna - 2014-03-30

(2014-03-28, 04:13)Unfledged Wrote: Second, and really showing my OCD, is the size of items in lists. The difference in height (and font weight) between the settings menu list, and the list view just irked me. It doesn't feel to me like there needs to be such a difference in the height/weight of these lists... (and when going from settings to add-ons it felt quite jarring)
(2014-03-29, 14:04)BigNoid Wrote: You may have a point for list items that have a single line, for list items with two lines imo the height is just right for the list view. I'll see if I can unify those sections.

This is really my only remaining issue, with a screen that's 115" the list items while scrolling through content seems larger than it needs to be. It'd be cool if there was a setting like there used to be, like "slim list", or even a few different settings.

Other than that, I absolutely love this skin, it's like someone took all the stuff out of nox 4 that I never used so it'd be faster and made it more beautiful Smile

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - smiffy1989 - 2014-03-30

Just enabled Infolines for the home menu items and noticed that the PVR one doesn't fit in with the others. The text colors appear to be reversed (on all the others the heading is white and the info blue) and the info is bold.

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - Roby77 - 2014-03-30

First thank you for this wonderful skin

I have a problem, in custom menĂ¹ i can't select for default select action favourites action

Edit:tried with a clean install doesn't work too

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - Warner306 - 2014-03-31

I just downloaded Beta 4. My remaining wishlist is as follows:

1. Choice of random fanart and custom infolines for video playlists.

2. The ability to see Extended Info over Genre for all views (Year, Runtime, IMDB score).

3. Custom startup focus position of main menu (mine defaults to TV Shows, regardless of position).