Kodi Community Forum
Release Aeon Nox 5 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: Release Aeon Nox 5 (/showthread.php?tid=183504)

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - VanZan - 2014-04-30

I'll try thank you.

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - unclejoe01 - 2014-04-30

Is possible to go right into epg timeline after selecting livetv option from main menu?

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - Borre - 2014-05-01

(2014-04-30, 18:32)VanZan Wrote:
(2014-04-30, 08:06)Borre Wrote:
(2014-04-28, 14:41)VanZan Wrote: May I ask if there's any way to reduce the size of the font in List View on this excellent skin please? Thank you.

I'd like to know too. Is anything like 'slim list' planned on the (near) horizon?

Thanks for the assist! Smile

(2014-04-30, 09:55)zag Wrote:
(2014-04-30, 08:06)Borre Wrote: I'd like to know too. Is anything like 'slim list' planned on the (near) horizon?

I think bignoid said earlier in this thread that the design is using large text because its supposed to look good on the TV interface.

Yeah it's large alright...very large!

@BigNoid: I don't have a clue what the impact is, but wouldn't it be possible to serve both view points (large=looking good, slim=looking good) with such 'slim list' switch, without sacrificing leanness? Anything other than priorities keeping you from addressing it? I'd appreciate if you share your view on this matter. For me the list size is the main reason for sticking to Nox 4.x at the moment, and I'd like to migrate to a leaner skin, Nox 5 being a great candidate.

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - BigNoid - 2014-05-01

Main reason for not adding that option is that there is already tripanel which has basically the same layout a slim list would have.
But i realise that for non video windows tripanel is not the same height, so yeah I think I can add such an option.

(2014-05-01, 07:37)BigNoid Wrote: Main reason for not adding that option is that there is already tripanel which has basically the same layout a slim list would have.
But i realise that for non video windows tripanel is not the same height, so yeah I think I can add such an option.

Thanks for your response. Anyway you can be helped in accomplishing this?

(2014-04-30, 04:49)akya Wrote: Is it possible to make the episode list fixed in LowList view? and make the selector move up and down. Hope that does make sense. And if its possible how do I make the changes?

Should be a relatively easy mod. In View_501_LowList.xml do a search & replace for "fixedlist" with "list" (with quotes).

(2014-05-01, 07:58)Borre Wrote:
(2014-05-01, 07:37)BigNoid Wrote: Main reason for not adding that option is that there is already tripanel which has basically the same layout a slim list would have.

Normally I would say a pull request is good help, but in this case I need to think about how I want to add this. By just adding an option that can be toggled, it would mean quite a few more lines of code, so I'm thinking about making this an advanced option so I can streamline this somewhat. It would be a global option anyway, even if it would be toggled in media menu.

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - zag - 2014-05-01

I must admit this would be awesome. I would like to see as many tracks on an album as could fit.

At the moment I can only see 5 or 6 which isn't really enough.

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - timoxx4 - 2014-05-01

Just wondering is there an option to customize the home screen more like it was in 4.0 ? As in the sub menu below each category ? And also there isn't an Library Update feature under Movies anymore ? I used that feature all the time and now its gone ? Why ?

And the Music backgrounds ? I can only set DVD cases for its background or single or multiple images ? Why no option to set CD cases or images as background instead of DVD cases as DVD cases are for movies not music ?

And while playing back a movie there is no longer the option to show poster art on pause ? Or to adjust how you would like it setup like the progress bar to show time passed/time remaining ? And the little icons at the top have no lables on them so is kind of hard to tell what they are like subtitles/ video setup/ audio setup and so forth.

Another thing I don't like is the little icons that show for movies or TV shows that are new or have been played or haven't been played. I liked the words NEW in the orange bar like in 4.0 best. Much eaiser to see and understand.

And Banner Plex was awesome in 4.0 for my TV shows. The one in 5 takes up the entire screen and blocks the fanart in the background. If the banners only took up the lower half of the screen like they did in 4.0 that would be great.

Oh and for some reason when using my remote and the virtual keyboard pops up to type something in I cant move the curser into the keyboard section its stuck at the bottom ? Worked in 4.0 now dosent.

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - bokkoman - 2014-05-01

Is there any way to turn off the search button? It is quite annoying when using widgets on the homescreen.

Thanks!

(2014-05-01, 15:30)bokkoman Wrote: Is there any way to turn off the search button? It is quite annoying when using widgets on the homescreen.

Thanks!

Ha, I knew someone would mention that Smile
Either disable the search addon or revert this commit.

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - rbrohman - 2014-05-01

(2014-05-01, 14:17)timoxx4 Wrote: Just wondering is there an option to customize the home screen more like it was in 4.0 ? As in the sub menu below each category ? And also there isn't an Library Update feature under Movies anymore ? I used that feature all the time and now its gone ? Why ?

It's just not in the context menu anymore. Instead of hitting the guide (or equiv) button, you activate the sidebar (usually pressing left or up), and then the update library option appears near the bottom of that menu. I believe this change is not skin specific, but rather Gotham wide.

(2014-05-01, 09:14)BigNoid Wrote:
(2014-05-01, 07:58)Borre Wrote:

Normally I would say a pull request is good help, but in this case I need to think about how I want to add this. By just adding an option that can be toggled, it would mean quite a few more lines of code, so I'm thinking about making this an advanced option so I can streamline this somewhat. It would be a global option anyway, even if it would be toggled in media menu.

I can not help you with that, can only offer support. Since you appear to come from the lowlands anyway, I'd be more than happy to sponsor your effort with a crate of beer of your preference or whatever makes you tick. Would that work Angel?

Hey, I love beer Smile
I added a slim list option on git, under advanced settings (I started work on that before I read your post Tongue)

(2014-05-01, 20:02)BigNoid Wrote: Hey, I love beer Smile
I added a slim list option on git, under advanced settings (I started work on that before I read your post Tongue)

Thank you! Happy to owe you a crate!