Kodi Community Forum
Release Aeon Nox 5 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: Release Aeon Nox 5 (/showthread.php?tid=183504)

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - aronatvw - 2014-05-07

In Aeon Nox 4 there was an option under system to customize main menu, how do I do this in aeon 5?

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - Zokkel - 2014-05-07

(2014-05-07, 12:37)aronatvw Wrote: In Aeon Nox 4 there was an option under system to customize main menu, how do I do this in aeon 5?

System->Appearance->Skin-Settings

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - Venares - 2014-05-07

Well after trying this for some time I'm sorry to say I've had to hit the eject button and will now be using the modified v4.
Sorry BigNoid, but its like you took Nox and ripped its heart out Sad

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - BigNoid - 2014-05-07

Nice to read all the different opinions on v5 (both positive and negative) Smile

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - toineb - 2014-05-07

(2014-05-07, 05:12)inv3ntor Wrote: Is that logo view? My library has plain text logos. Where did you scrape those from?

For moviesets you have to go to fanart.tv and download them manually and then use the movieset automator

For individual movies and tv shows, I use different scrapers but for logo's you can use http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=136333

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - braz - 2014-05-07

(2014-05-07, 15:05)BigNoid Wrote: Nice to read all the different opinions on v5 (both positive and negative) Smile

Add me to the list of users that love the new Nox, it's my favorite version to-date and by far my favorite skin. That's not to say I haven't felt the urge to tweak a few things though. Wink

Keep up the great work!

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - xbs08 - 2014-05-07

My favorite XBMC skin too.

Light, fast and fairly customizable without being too much complicated.

Top stuff BigNoid!

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - Crssi - 2014-05-07

OK, I will add to it that I dont like some things about version 5, but I do respect your decisions and your work of course.
So I will not whine and complain as I am gratefull for anything you do.
In the mean time I will patiently wait, on ver 4 with warlion and neurosis modification, that you finalise your overall fine, not fine but excelent, skin and after maybe for some additional mod.

Oh, about episode list, I am almost sure that nobody asked you (at least milion times) when will be and why is not included? Hehehe, I am joking here. Smile Dont answer to this one please. Smile

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - diogo6 - 2014-05-07

Hello,

I, like patseguin, am still getting a static Gravity fanart pic when selecting Random movie fanart. I understand we need to have script.grab.fanart installed in order to fix this. My questions are:

1. can this be implemented into future builds of the skin so one doesn't have to manually install it?
2. how do I install it?
3. on a different note, I'm using "Live DVD Cases: Recent episodes" as my TV Shows Background, but all of them are from the same show as I usually upload whole seasons of a single show at a time, rather than single episodes from multiple shows. Would it be possible to make it so that it doesn't "double" a particular's show picture in all DVD Cases?

Thank you so much for your hard work, the skin does look and feel great!

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - anahka2309 - 2014-05-07

For what it's worth, I'll be going back to version 4 or might even switch another skin altogether. For years Aeon Nox has been my only option but it feels gutted now. Actually feels like a downgrade. The speed increase is nice I guess but it's not worth all the missing options for me.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate your work and I understand the reasoning. But I'm running XBMC on decent hardware and I like all the options and views. Episode view, info on the pause screen, views with actual options, widgets that have settings, etc. It's all just too....limited now.

Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - isamu.dragon - 2014-05-07

(2014-05-07, 15:05)BigNoid Wrote: Nice to read all the different opinions on v5 (both positive and negative) Smile

Loving Nox 5, at first I was disappointed with no episode view, but now I'm loving tripannel for it

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - f-79 - 2014-05-07

(2014-05-07, 18:57)anahka2309 Wrote: For what it's worth, I'll be going back to version 4 or might even switch another skin altogether. For years Aeon Nox has been my only option but it feels gutted now. Actually feels like a downgrade. The speed increase is nice I guess but it's not worth all the missing options for me.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate your work and I understand the reasoning. But I'm running XBMC on decent hardware and I like all the options and views. Episode view, info on the pause screen, views with actual options, widgets that have settings, etc. It's all just too....limited now.

Unfortunately I agree. With the new skin we have missed all the options to completely customize it.
- I can't change the position of the timepanel on the home screen
- Viewtipe settings are disappeared (for example, I can no longer select "lower list" in "low list" layout, there is not the possibility to choose between logos and artwork 'cause it is not expected to appear neither)
- only 1 widget for every menu (and only the classic layout, no panel, no info)

I think that what made aeon nox 4 perfect, as well as an extremely eye-catching graphics (also v. 5 is very beautiful), was the possibility of being able to customize every element of the skin.
Unfortunately, the version 5 is only "a beautiful skin", not the "perfect skin".

Sorry

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - CaBrA - 2014-05-07

(2014-05-07, 20:10)f-79 Wrote:
(2014-05-07, 18:57)anahka2309 Wrote: For what it's worth, I'll be going back to version 4 or might even switch another skin altogether. For years Aeon Nox has been my only option but it feels gutted now. Actually feels like a downgrade. The speed increase is nice I guess but it's not worth all the missing options for me.

Unfortunately I agree. With the new skin we have missed all the options to completely customize it.
- I can't change the position of the timepanel on the home screen
- Viewtipe settings are disappeared (for example, I can no longer select "lower list" in "low list" layout, there is not the possibility to choose between logos and artwork 'cause it is not expected to appear neither)
- only 1 widget for every menu (and only the classic layout, no panel, no info)

I think that what made aeon nox 4 perfect, as well as an extremely eye-catching graphics (also v. 5 is very beautiful), was the possibility of being able to customize every element of the skin.
Unfortunately, the version 5 is only "a beautiful skin", not the "perfect skin".

Sorry

Same opinion here. There should be an aeon nox 5 lite for low system and a aeon nox 5 full with lot of costumizations

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - splendid - 2014-05-07

How can I get more rows in the EPG Timeline for LiveTV?

I have edited the <timeblocks> tag in addons/skin.aeon.nox.5/1080i/ViewsPVR.xml as referenced in a previous post to see further ahead in time but would like to see more channels in one screen.

I really like how the skin uses the full screen real estate available in many views but this philosophy doesn't seem to extend to the EPG Timeline.

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - Se7en - 2014-05-07

OE4.0 and Nox 5.0.3 adding a custom action with:

Code:
LoadProfile(parents,prompt)

switches profile but does not show the password prompt. Is this a skin issue, or is it a OE/XBMC issue?

Edit: Nevermind, my fault. Looking at profiles.xml I seem to have failed to set the actual password for the parents profile. Make sure to hit all OK buttons on the way back after setting the password in the profiles section.