Kodi Community Forum
Release Aeon Nox 5 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: Release Aeon Nox 5 (/showthread.php?tid=183504)

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - BigNoid - 2014-05-07

@f-79: lower lowlist is one of the few options that hasnt been dropped, its lowlist toggle in the media menu Wink

@splendid: Both my tv's (from different vendor) have a 7 item layout epg, with a 2hour slot. I used that as a reference. Any more would mean slimmer list or no description.

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - splendid - 2014-05-07

Thanks BigNoid. I'd be fine with a slimmer list. I'm assuming its not an easy tweak?

(2014-05-07, 20:25)Se7en Wrote: OE4.0 and Nox 5.0.3 adding a custom action with:

Code:
LoadProfile(parents,prompt)

switches profile but does not show the password prompt. Is this a skin issue, or is it a OE/XBMC issue?
I'm trying to reproduce this, but I can only setup a master password and not for the second profile. I'm sure i'm missing something very obvious here.

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - elnino-1900 - 2014-05-07

Just wondering for the showcase view there doesn't seem to be the media icons that where there during version 4. I noticed other viewtypes had this yet showcase didnt..also films seem to be rated as NR like they have not been rated yet they have ..

Btw I like the skin a lot really simple and I can actually read the information from a distance.

(2014-05-07, 20:50)splendid Wrote: Thanks BigNoid. I'd be fine with a slimmer list. I'm assuming its not an easy tweak?

Shouldn't be too hard.
ViewsPVR.xml, include name="EPGTimelineView":

Change the channellayout, focusedchannellayout, itemlayout and focusedlayout of the epggrid to a different height (63 for 10 items, 70 for 9 etc) and change the height of everything inside those tags accordingly.

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - removed151214 - 2014-05-07

(2014-05-07, 20:53)BigNoid Wrote:
(2014-05-07, 20:25)Se7en Wrote: OE4.0 and Nox 5.0.3 adding a custom action with:

Code:

switches profile but does not show the password prompt. Is this a skin issue, or is it a OE/XBMC issue?
I'm trying to reproduce this, but I can only setup a master password and not for the second profile. I'm sure i'm missing something very obvious here.

I haven't been able to recreate this on a submenu - if that's where your problem is it's likely an XBMC/OE problem (could still be a Nox5 problem if its a main menu item).

BTW, BigNoid, before I forget - thanks for making Skin Shortcuts enabled by default. I spent a ridiculous amount of time speeding it up - it's nice to know I managed Wink

Edit: are you sure ypu have a password for this profile? XBMC won't switch profiles without you inputting the password if there is one (which you say is happening), nor will it prompt for a password if there isn't one specified. It's quite possible from what you say you're seeing the expected behaviour.

(2014-05-07, 20:54)elnino-1900 Wrote: Just wondering for the showcase view there doesn't seem to be the media icons that where there during version 4. I noticed other viewtypes had this yet showcase didnt..also films seem to be rated as NR like they have not been rated yet they have ..

Btw I like the skin a lot really simple and I can actually read the information from a distance.
I went for a cleaner look on showcase, so it was a choice to not show many flags there.

For the ratings, please report back what you have in your database as rating (you could check that in the video info screen of confluence in you cant look in the db itself). Then I could know how to fix that.

(2014-05-07, 20:58)Unfledged Wrote: BTW, BigNoid, before I forget - thanks for making Skin Shortcuts enabled by default. I spent a ridiculous amount of time speeding it up - it's nice to know I managed Wink

I should already dropped that option before release, just forgot it actually.
Thx again for your efforts on the script. I'm sure it will be used on every skin in the future.

(2014-05-07, 21:05)BigNoid Wrote:
(2014-05-07, 20:58)Unfledged Wrote: BTW, BigNoid, before I forget - thanks for making Skin Shortcuts enabled by default. I spent a ridiculous amount of time speeding it up - it's nice to know I managed Wink

I should already dropped that option before release, just forgot it actually.
Thx again for your efforts on the script. I'm sure it will be used on every skin in the future.

God I hope not! It's enough trouble supporting it on one public skin Big Grin

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - colbert - 2014-05-07

(2014-05-07, 10:43)Zokkel Wrote:
(2014-05-07, 08:44)colbert Wrote: I can't find this skin in the list, I tried downloading the zip from here: https://github.com/BigNoid/Aeon-Nox But it showed me dependencies not met when trying to Install from Zip file in XBMC. Still using Nox 4 and loving it but would love to try 5 if anyone can help, thanks Smile

Try to "force refresh" of your XBMC repo's stated in: http://xbmc.org/xbmc-13-0-gotham-rises/
section: "After upgrade"

Thanks!

Is there any background image sets to replace default? I mean when scrolling through home menu for example to have different backgrounds for TV Shows, Movies, Settings, etc.

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - Ds17 - 2014-05-07

Enjoying the update so far.
I must say, the increase in smoothness is impressive!

Few question's though.
I'm trying to make it boot to the movies screen, but there's no option. I've selected 'home screen' but that just loads to music.

Also, when playing music and backing up to the now playing screen, it automatically look up lyrics. I've uninstalled the lyrics addon, but it still tries everytime.

Finally, and probably not your domain, I get a script failed error from weather underground after every reboot.

All minor problems, and in all I'm enjoying the cleaner look and smoother performance :-)

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - elnino-1900 - 2014-05-07

(2014-05-07, 21:01)BigNoid Wrote:
(2014-05-07, 20:54)elnino-1900 Wrote: Just wondering for the showcase view there doesn't seem to be the media icons that where there during version 4. I noticed other viewtypes had this yet showcase didnt..also films seem to be rated as NR like they have not been rated yet they have ..

I went for a cleaner look on showcase, so it was a choice to not show many flags there.

For the ratings, please report back what you have in your database as rating (you could check that in the video info screen of confluence in you cant look in the db itself). Then I could know how to fix that.

First pic is confluence whilst second is nox5..I guess this is what you are after? or am I looking at the wrong thing

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - Se7en - 2014-05-07

(2014-05-07, 20:53)BigNoid Wrote:

Code:

It was my fault, I had failed to set the password for the parent profile. So for anyone getting the same problem, remember to use the OK buttons to back out of the profile settings after setting a profile password to actually set the password. I added in an edit on my old post but I guess it was too late for you to notice. Sorry for wasting your time.

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - edd-- - 2014-05-07

Hi !

I was wondering: in nox4 I was able to set a custom playlist as a submenu, this is also possible in 5 but I was able to use the widgets to show only the fanart as background images of the specified playlist. So: I would like to have a submenu in the movies category: cartoons, but only using cartoons as fanart backgrounds. Is there a way to do this in 5 ?

any help is greatly appreciated !,

edd--

(2014-05-07, 22:58)edd-- Wrote: Hi !

I was wondering: in nox4 I was able to set a custom playlist as a submenu, this is also possible in 5 but I was able to use the widgets to show only the fanart as background images of the specified playlist. So: I would like to have a submenu in the movies category: cartoons, but only using cartoons as fanart backgrounds. Is there a way to do this in 5 ?

any help is greatly appreciated !,

edd--

Short answer - no, it's not possible. Nox5 sets backgrounds based on the main menu only.

Long answer - if you're good at skinning and willing to put some graft in, this is technically possible but really not easy. Look at the documentation for script.skinshortcuts (which manages the submenus), especially on managing backgrounds in Advanced Usage.txt and the management dialog in Management Dialog.txt. You'll need to edit Nox 5s IncludesBackgroundBuilding.xml to respect the 'background' property of submenu items, it's script-skinshortcuts.xml file to give it a button to set the background (id 310, if memory serves), and create an overrides.xml in Nox 5's Shortcuts directory, with details of the available backgrounds (there's an option you can add to the overrides.xml to list playlisys).

Good luck, and don't forget to share your code Smile

Edit: Re-reading my reply, it seems only fair I share my own code - during the Nox5 Beta, I edited the skin to use skin shortcuts to provide the whole menu - including having different backgrounds for main menu and submenu, which obviously involved updating IncludesBackgroundBuilding.xml and overrides.xml (and script-skinshortcuts.xml, though the changes I made to that were huge, so I haven't included it here).

So, find below the updates I made. Note, though, that they are for the beta version of Nox5, so may need updating for the release version, and are for both main and sub menu provided by skin shortcuts - they WILL need updating for just the submenu, but should provide a good starting point:-

overrides.xml
IncludesBackgroundBuilding.xml