Kodi Community Forum
Release Aeon Nox 5 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: Release Aeon Nox 5 (/showthread.php?tid=183504)

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - WeirdH - 2014-05-09

Well, have you ever... Removing all the .shortcuts you mentioned seems to have fixed it! I'll still answer your questions in case it might be helpful for anything else.

(2014-05-09, 15:34)Unfledged Wrote: Does the blank item appear for ALL submenu's - including ones you haven't edited? Ones that don't have any submenu items?
Yes, it did, but only with 'enable custom submenus' checked. Unchecking it removed the blank entry.

(2014-05-09, 15:34)Unfledged Wrote: Did the problem happen before you edited a menu? If you remove all the .shortcuts files from "C:\Users\Jopie Haargel\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.skinshortcuts\" does the problem still occur?
Nope, doing this actually fixed it! Big Grin

(2014-05-09, 15:34)Unfledged Wrote: Do the blank items appear as the first item in the submenu, or the last?
Sometimes the first, sometimes the last. See my prior images as well (sometimes a blank highlight on the left, sometimes on the right)

(2014-05-09, 15:34)Unfledged Wrote: I'm sure you haven't but just to be sure, you haven't edited any skin files (Home.xml or Includes_Home.xml, for example), have you?
I wouldn't dare ask for help here if I had. Wink

(2014-05-09, 15:34)Unfledged Wrote: Finally, could you post the contents of "C:\Users\Jopie Haargel\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.aeon.nox.5\1080i\script-skinshortcuts-includes.xml" to pastebin.com, so I can see exactly what script.skinshortcuts is writing for the menus.
Yes. This is the content after removing the .shortcuts and a bit of fiddling around.

(2014-05-09, 15:34)Unfledged Wrote: Thanks.
No, thank YOU for your effort and help.

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - removed151214 - 2014-05-09

(2014-05-09, 17:39)WeirdH Wrote: Well, have you ever... Removing all the .shortcuts you mentioned seems to have fixed it! I'll still answer your questions in case it might be helpful for anything else.

It is still useful, as it tells me what the problem was (even if not why it happened, as it were) - it looks like there was a problem with one of the submenus you edited (possibly Music, based on the position of the blank entry), which caused skin shortcuts to create a rogue menu entry without a visibility condition, hence why it showed up on all submenus.

Just in case it happens again, I'd recommended building your submenus one at a time - make the changes to that submenu, then go to the home page so that the menu can be built. If the rogue menu entry shows up again let me know which menu it was you had just edited, so we can track down the why of all of this and stop it happening in the future Smile

(2014-05-09, 17:39)WeirdH Wrote: No, thank YOU for your effort and help.

You're very welcome.

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - deadsix - 2014-05-09

Edit: nvmd I'm a dunce

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - SavellM - 2014-05-09

Question...
What does it have the same background for everything?

Was it just to save space and be quicker?

Do you have any good backgrounds we can use for the other things like TV, Music and what not?

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - BigNoid - 2014-05-09

@SavellM: indeed save space and time. It's very time consuming to find the right pictures. I use random fanart for most my menus, conditional weather for weather , default_settings.jpg for system and default_login.jpg for power menu (both are in backgrounds folder).

(2014-05-09, 10:17)soder Wrote:
(2014-05-08, 16:58)BigNoid Wrote: The airplay problem I cant fix, but you can turn off the automatic lyrics in the lyrics addon (disable run as a service).
The fanart was a bug and has been fixed on git (and on repo when the bugfixes release gets through)

I think that it was the lyric plugin starting automatic that caused the crash. When turned off as a service, it works when I bring it up manually.

Also the fullscreen fanart with artist slideshow now works after the pushed repo updated. Great.

But I still got no fanart on the home menu during playing music. Is that not possible any longer?

Also, does someone know how I get XBMC to not go into the music fullscreen mode after a while? I rather prefer doing that manually, and keep the home screen, with some fanarts in the background, and the waveform as visualizer

Also, how do I turn of the CD animation in the fullscreen mode when info is present, and also on the homescreen (up left).

EDIT: Also, will there be more options for the widgets for movies and episodes? Like, more then one to the right, but about 5 in a line, like in Aeon 4.x? Or more option in the episode widget that is available now, to use episode thumbs instead of the season poster?

/Söder
I dropped all the music playing extras on the home menu. Its codewise a lot better to just put it in the music viz. You can disable that mode in the screensaver settings btw.
The CD animation cant be turned through settings, you'd have to mod that.
If I can find a good choice for another widget style I will include it, but I havent found a right one yet.

(2014-05-09, 11:01)Tiny Clanger Wrote: Just installed Nox 5 on my Note 3, but I can't find how to change the view type in, say, the Movies list on a touchscreen device.

Are touchscreen devices supported in Nox 5? (It would be nice if XBMC supported Android's Menu button to do stuff like this, but this isn't the thread for that Smile

[I know about the Droid skin, but that's currently marked as incompatible in 13.0 and I've not yet had time to investigate a manual install...]
Press in the top left corner somewhere near the 3 dots. Its not designed for touch screens though.

(2014-05-09, 12:43)voyagerxp Wrote: I've just installed Gotham 13 and Nox 5 but i can't get my movies in sets, i have the option selected but they don't go into sets.
I dont think thats a skin issue.
(2014-05-09, 13:09)thumber Wrote: Hey and thanks for a super skin.

I do have one suggestion/request Smile

In showcase view, would it be posible to have a option not to have the covers tilted?

And if you wont implement that option, can u point to which XML file i have to edit in and what to edit...

I absolutely love the skin, but when moving thru my movies in that view which is the best for me, it is hard to kinda see whats comming in the next covers.

Might just be me, but i would appreciate the option to not have the tilted covers, like we did in the previous version Smile

Thanks Again for a great skin
While I loved that animation when enabling that option, it was always a problem for when the infopanel was active with the covers overlapping text and such. Without infopanel the Shift viewtype is almost the same.

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - elnino-1900 - 2014-05-09

When using the showcase view, with the infopanel on, theres only an option of fanart or poster. Any plans on adding the extrathumbs as well

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - Vaikin - 2014-05-09

Couple tiny bugs to due with next aired script. script-NextAired-TVGuide2.xml
1) The onright conditions at line 20, you missed the second half of them
Should be:
Code:
<onright condition="Container(9000).HasFocus(1)">200</onright>
<onright condition="Container(9000).HasFocus(2)">201</onright>
<onright condition="Container(9000).HasFocus(3)">202</onright>
<onright condition="Container(9000).HasFocus(4)">203</onright>
<onright condition="Container(9000).HasFocus(5)">204</onright>
<onright condition="Container(9000).HasFocus(6)">205</onright>
<onright condition="Container(9000).HasFocus(7)">206</onright>
<onright condition="Container(9000).HasFocus(8)">207</onright>
<onright condition="Container(9000).HasFocus(9)">208</onright>
<onright condition="Container(9000).HasFocus(10)">209</onright>
<onright condition="Container(9000).HasFocus(11)">210</onright>
<onright condition="Container(9000).HasFocus(12)">211</onright>
<onright condition="Container(9000).HasFocus(13)">212</onright>
<onright condition="Container(9000).HasFocus(14)">213</onright>
<onright condition="Container(9000).HasFocus(15)">214</onright>
<onright condition="Container(9000).HasFocus(16)">215</onright>
Then, in Includes_CommonValues.xml the visibility condition at line 241 needs the added ids:
Code:
<visible>Control.HasFocus(200) | Control.HasFocus(201) | Control.HasFocus(202) | Control.HasFocus(203) | Control.HasFocus(204) | Control.HasFocus(205) | Control.HasFocus(206) | Control.HasFocus(207) | Control.HasFocus(208) | Control.HasFocus(209) | Control.HasFocus(210) | Control.HasFocus(211) | Control.HasFocus(212) | Control.HasFocus(213) | Control.HasFocus(214) | Control.HasFocus(215)</visible>

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - GrimGriefer - 2014-05-09

First off I've been a big fan of Aeon Nox 4 so much appeciation to BigNoid and the team for it development.

I've moved on to Aeon Nox 5 and so far I#m finding it difficult to setup the menu as I would prefer. Does there happen to be a guide anywhere?

Specifically I like to have direct menu options to Play DVD and also Update VideoDB and I'm struggling to get that setup where before it was easy to add in the from the pre-defined list.

Cheers

@elnino-1900: probably not.

@Vaikin: thx, will fix that.

@GrimGriefer: You can use a custom action for those types of thing. See the list of built in functions.

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - Vaikin - 2014-05-09

The predefined list of actions for main menu items is fairly short compared to the more extensive list for submenu items. That being said, everything can be done via the 'custom' option.
ie: UpdateLibrary(video)
or: PlayDVD

There is a whole ton of commands that you can use in the custom choice: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=List_of_built-in_functions

With recent code changes to skin shortcuts, it wouldn't take too much code to make all the optons in the submenus available for main menu items in a similar fashion to script.favourites, if that would be of interest to you BigNoid.

@Unfledged: yeah that would be great

Ok, leave it with me. In terms of skin integration, I bow to your superior knowledge - would passing the script the skin setting you want set (Skin.String that holds the label, the path and so on) work for you?

yeah something like that. So that would work like the favourites script. pass the property to the script and it would return property.Label and property.Path?