Kodi Community Forum
Release Aeon Nox 5 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: Release Aeon Nox 5 (/showthread.php?tid=183504)

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - BigNoid - 2014-05-11

I thought there was a label hardcoded. But there isnt. I will change that then, saves some code.

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - zag - 2014-05-11

(2014-05-11, 18:40)isamu.dragon Wrote:
(2014-05-11, 18:33)BigNoid Wrote: @isamu.dragon: nice, thx!

If you'd like I can make a video on how to customize and create custom menus

Edit: Made the video already

Brilliant!

I just setup my Standup Comedy and Extreme Sports playlist without the need for Video Nodes. Amazing!

Now I need to work out how to do this with Music!

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - WolvesPhil - 2014-05-11

Getting there - lots of changes made to my setup and I'm liking the more fluid feel to Nox 5.

Is there a way to add music party mode to main menu as I used that a lot previously?

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - removed151214 - 2014-05-11

(2014-05-11, 21:34)WolvesPhil Wrote: Getting there - lots of changes made to my setup and I'm liking the more fluid feel to Nox 5.

Is there a way to add music party mode to main menu as I used that a lot previously?

Add party mode as a favourite, and coose that favourite for the default select action?

How do I add party mode as a favourite? The only way I can access it now is to access music library and then select from the side menu

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - BigNoid - 2014-05-11

Add a custom action with
Code:
PlayerControl(Partymode(music))

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - removed151214 - 2014-05-11

My bad, I don't use XBMC for music. Looking at the list of built-in functions (wiki), you can set a custom command to

Code:
PlayerControl(Partymode(music))

Edit: beaten to it Wink

Worked a treat - thanks guys Smile

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - Surlias - 2014-05-11

(2014-05-11, 18:33)BigNoid Wrote:
(2014-05-11, 06:55)Surlias Wrote: What happened to the "viewtype" settings when browsing a video library? I like setting TV Shows to InfoWall view and changing the settings to display banners instead of posters. InfoWall seems locked to poster view, and BannerWall doesn't have an info sidebar like InfoWall.

Otherwise, looking good! I don't even know if I'd use XBMC if Nox didn't exist.

Separate question, does anyone know how to remove the "star" flags on videos recently added to the library?
You can customize the watched flags in the advanced skin settings.
As for InfoWall, I didnt add options of it and dont intend to add them. As BannerWall is the only view atm I'm not happy with, expect that to be updated to a nicer view in the near future.

Thanks for the answer. I fixed the "star" flags with you advice, but I'd like to inquire further about the library views (BannerWall/InfoWall).

I wasn't suggesting that you necessarily should restore any particular functionality to the InfoWall view, I was just saying that was how I was able to finagle the configuration I like the most. Here's a screenshot of my TV library view in XBMC 12.3:

I set the "Use as icon: Banner" setting in the viewtype settings for InfoWall to achieve this view:

Would you consider adding an option to restore the info sidebar to the BannerWall TV view? Or is there a way I could accomplish this myself? I'm don't have any experience in skinning, but I'd be open to learning.

ALSO: It was also really helpful to be able to see the genre/tvdb user rating/year info in the lower right, none of which are visible in XBMC 13. I'd very much like to see that restored.

As for InfoWall view in the Movie library, the new layout is pretty slick and I like some of the changes you made. However, it lacks a lot of info labels that were visible in XBMC 12.3, as shown in this screenshot:

Is there any way to restore the Video/Audio Codecs, MPAA Rating, Studio, Aspect Ratio, and Resolution labels in XBMC 13? I know these are visible in the info view for individual titles, but it would be really nice to have these available in the library view. Maybe I just need to learn how to skin, because I'd also like to add a new label showing the video filesize.

Thanks again for all your hard work!

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - zag - 2014-05-12

I'd personally love to see bannerwall have 3 banners wide so I can browse a bit quicker through my shows Wink

But that's just a personal choice. I don't need any info on the screen myself.

EDIT: Also is there going to be a banner wall for music artists? That would look cool I think.

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - helloterence - 2014-05-12

(2014-05-11, 23:44)Surlias Wrote: Image

How did you get your InfoWall to look like this?

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - Vaikin - 2014-05-12

That was how infowall looked on 4.x...and he wanted the flags in the giant red box to come back Smile

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - soder - 2014-05-12

Isn't it possible to not show the sub menu by default, even if RSS isn't used?

/Söder

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - Tiny Clanger - 2014-05-12

(2014-05-09, 20:52)BigNoid Wrote:
(2014-05-09, 11:01)Tiny Clanger Wrote: Just installed Nox 5 on my Note 3, but I can't find how to change the view type in, say, the Movies list on a touchscreen device.

Are touchscreen devices supported in Nox 5? (It would be nice if XBMC supported Android's Menu button to do stuff like this, but this isn't the thread for that Smile

[I know about the Droid skin, but that's currently marked as incompatible in 13.0 and I've not yet had time to investigate a manual install...]
Press in the top left corner somewhere near the 3 dots. Its not designed for touch screens though.

Thanks - seems to be impossible to hit that on this size of screen, though. Shame XBMC doesn't support the S Pen. I'm tempted to find the relevant lines in guisettings.xml (I assume that's where they live) on a desktop version and copy them across to the phone Big Grin

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - WolvesPhil - 2014-05-12

Are there any changes in the pipeline for music visualisation?
I have switched back to nox 4 for now as I use xbmc for a fair bit of music and like the look of the visualisation screen with the extrafanart on that setup?