Kodi Community Forum
Release Aeon Nox 5 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: Release Aeon Nox 5 (/showthread.php?tid=183504)

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - Chico0106 - 2014-05-14

Is this the same as aeon NOx 5 minimalistic?

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - Vaikin - 2014-05-14

@Chico More accurately, Nox 5 Minimalistic is the same as this, but with stripped down textures to make it even faster/flatter.

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - Chico0106 - 2014-05-14

Oh OK does it look any different

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - GOG3 - 2014-05-14

The only thing I miss is the Wall viewtype, maybe someone will be nice enough to mod it back in? Other than that this is a great update!

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - Dark_Slayer - 2014-05-14

AN4 seems to be the only skin I'd ever tried that had an option to "Launch" add-ons right from each add-ons Enable/Disable/Configure menu

Does anyone know what it took to get that option in the skin? I always thought it was extremely convenient to install an add-on, configure, then launch it from the same place without having to back out to the main menu and find it somewhere else

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - martinconroy - 2014-05-14

Quick question. Is it possible to password protect a menu option rather than creating an entirely new profile? Just think this would be useful to (a) stop kids messing with settings (b) stop kids/guests seeing certain sections.

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - BoldHeadnr1 - 2014-05-14

Hi guys,

Can someone tell how to create custom menu items with custom video nodes like in v4?
For example a different folder with movies that I want linked to that custom menu item..?

Thanks

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - xbs08 - 2014-05-14

Create a playlist pointing to the folder you want and in skin settings set the new menu item to open the playlist.

Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - isamu.dragon - 2014-05-14

(2014-05-14, 15:49)BoldHeadnr1 Wrote: Hi guys,

Can someone tell how to create custom menu items with custom video nodes like in v4?
For example a different folder with movies that I want linked to that custom menu item..?

Thanks

Video on the first post explains. For both menu and submenu

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - SavellM - 2014-05-14

(2014-05-12, 15:14)SavellM Wrote: Hey BigNoid...

Quick question.

I have changed the background for Power, but when I click on the Power button on the menu, it brings up the shutdown options.
Eg Shutdown, Restart, Hibernate and so on.

But the background changes from the one I set to the default Gravity one.

How can I change the background for the power button but affecting all its submenus?

Can anyone help with this?

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - BigNoid - 2014-05-14

(2014-05-14, 06:29)Dark_Slayer Wrote: AN4 seems to be the only skin I'd ever tried that had an option to "Launch" add-ons right from each add-ons Enable/Disable/Configure menu

Does anyone know what it took to get that option in the skin? I always thought it was extremely convenient to install an add-on, configure, then launch it from the same place without having to back out to the main menu and find it somewhere else
Instead of adding it in the skin, it would be better to add it in core. I'll see what I can do anyway.

(2014-05-14, 14:43)martinconroy Wrote: Quick question. Is it possible to password protect a menu option rather than creating an entirely new profile? Just think this would be useful to (a) stop kids messing with settings (b) stop kids/guests seeing certain sections.
Thats not possible.

(2014-05-14, 19:12)SavellM Wrote:
(2014-05-12, 15:14)SavellM Wrote: Hey BigNoid...

Quick question.

I have changed the background for Power, but when I click on the Power button on the menu, it brings up the shutdown options.
Eg Shutdown, Restart, Hibernate and so on.

But the background changes from the one I set to the default Gravity one.

How can I change the background for the power button but affecting all its submenus?

Can anyone help with this?
I've been trying to figure this out, but it would mean to add a lot more code to fix this. Unless I can figure out a simple way to fix this its something we have to live with. (live cases backgrounds dont have this problem btw)

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - shanndogg - 2014-05-14

When I select multi-image background for the main menu of "Pictures" and point it to my networked "photo" folder, I noticed it will not display images within folders that are more than one level deep. Is there a way to set that up within Nox, using and add-on, etc?

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - Vaikin - 2014-05-14

@SavellM
Another option is to change the Power button on the main menu to not bring up the Shutdown options. Select a custom action and use: Quit

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - SavellM - 2014-05-14

Ye but I really think BigNoid should consider writing the code for this.
As I'm sure I'm not the only one.
Also its kinda a big part of the skin.

A few hundred lines of code wont slow it down much if at all.

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - BigNoid - 2014-05-14

@SavellM: seeing the default background every once in a while vs a few hundred lines of code = easy choice for me Tongue
And if I go down that road we'll be stuck with a bloated skin in a couple of months.
You can add it yourself, you would need to add 8 image controls in Home.xml with the visiblity codes from HomeBackgroundVar in variables.xml.

@all: After seeing bryanbrazil's implementation of episode view, I think he added it in such a way that takes away most of my objections. So I added that view from his mod to the skin - enjoy Smile
This will be the last viewtype I add btw, so I will just ignore any request for viewtypes from now on Tongue