Kodi Community Forum
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Raspberry Pi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=166)
+---- Thread: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 (/showthread.php?tid=184866)

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - Milhouse - 2014-02-18

(2014-02-18, 02:39)Mafarricos Wrote: Was this crash related to bootloop while on XBMC logo? Mine sometimes bootloops 2-3 times or more and then boots normally.
I was in #0217b

Yes, should be fixed now with #0217c.

(2014-02-18, 02:07)thomasthetomcat Wrote: But using omxplayer, my videos don't play. They just start in the 8th second and stuck there while the screen is black. After fast-forward some seconds everything works as expected.
The files I talk about are xvid in .avi

A sample video file (< 100MB) with the problem that can be downloaded would help.

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - Milky-Joe - 2014-02-18

(2014-02-18, 00:18)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-02-18, 00:14)doveman2 Wrote: Thanks but with build #217 I don't get any video at all with dvdplayer, it just stays on the GUI.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=133390

I've uploaded a 1min/10MB clip if you want to test it for yourself.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1fDI89phEESUElLOG53b25NbVU/edit?usp=sharing

That's fixed in the next version...
https://github.com/popcornmix/xbmc/commit/85c160e692db4f87035d36904324bf103de4e200
I still get no video with dvdplayer in #0217c. Omxplayer works just fine though.

(2014-02-18, 04:43)Milky-Joe Wrote: I still get no video with dvdplayer in #0217c. Omxplayer works just fine though.

I'm testing your sample, and with #0217 and DVDPlayer there is no video only audio, but with #0217c it's playing correctly with both video and audio... I've tried various combinations of video settings (always sync/sync to display etc.) but can't get #0217c to NOT show the video, it always works. I even removed my guisettings.xml - video still worked in #0217c.

(2014-02-18, 05:10)MilhouseVH Wrote:
(2014-02-18, 04:43)Milky-Joe Wrote: I still get no video with dvdplayer in #0217c. Omxplayer works just fine though.

I'm testing your sample, and with #0217 and DVDPlayer there is no video only audio, but with #0217c it's playing correctly with both video and audio... I've tried various combinations of video settings (always sync/sync to display etc.) but can't get #0217c to NOT show the video, it always works. I even removed my guisettings.xml - video still worked in #0217c.
Sorry for the confusion - that wasn't my sample. I'm just experiencing the same problem as the poster, and it's true of every movie I try.

Ah sorry for not paying attention - it's late! Smile

So do you have this problem with Doveman2's 10MB sample (as I don't with #0217c, but I did with #0217). Can you provide a short sample of a problematic movie? Also, just in case, can you try with default guisettings.xml?

(2014-02-18, 05:24)MilhouseVH Wrote: Ah sorry for not paying attention - it's late! Smile

So do you have this problem with Doveman2's 10MB sample (as I don't with #0217c, but I did with #0217). Can you provide a short sample of a problematic movie? Also, just in case, can you try with default guisettings.xml?

I will give it a try, but I've just noticed a second build released today. I'm re-downloading, just in case I'm a build behind.

I'm definitely on the latest build now, and it's still not working for me. It's 3:30am here now, so I'll try the sample video tomorrow and let you know how I get on.

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - tfouto - 2014-02-18

(2014-02-17, 22:49)00b5 Wrote: h
(2014-02-14, 23:54)mayoman Wrote:
(2014-02-14, 23:38)00b5 Wrote: I'd like to use the lastest Frodo version that has some of these benifits, where do I find that?

I don't want to move to Gotham yet, since it will involve me having two different mysql database versions.

If there are only new Gothams, then i'll consider one of those, but all I see in millhouses dir seems to be Gotham builds.

Thanks!

Think this is the last of Rbej's builds.

Milhouse has already stated he is only doing Gotham builds, and development work on Frodo has now pretty much ended anyway.

Ok great, that'll work for now.

My only other question is how to properly update from OE 3.2.4 (which i got as an img, and used windows to img the SD card with it)?

I copied the 2 kernal & system files to the update folder via the samba share, but I think I should have included some of these 3rd party/bootloader files as well.

There doesn't seem to be a concise place with instructions to do this, or if there is, i'm COMPLETELY missing it. It might be in these 200 pages somewhere, but I haven't found it yet.

I don't have a linux box to do compiling or anything, so I either need to do it on the RPi itself, or via windows on the SD card.

That, as well as some pi specific stuff like enabling OC'ing?

Just copy all files from target folder to the Update folder. Reboot. You are ready...

(2014-02-18, 00:16)tinnyskillz Wrote: Latest build gets stuck in a boot loop at the xbmc splash (i think it keeps crashing). It goes through after it crashes about 10 times or so. Also my wifi adapter, EDIMAX EW-7811Un doesn't connect consistently, but it's been that way for the last few builds and just needs a reboot.

that happens to me also, from time to time. Get's on boot loop. Also wi-fi lost connection from time to time...

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - Mafarricos - 2014-02-18

(2014-02-18, 11:04)tfouto Wrote:
(2014-02-18, 00:16)tinnyskillz Wrote: Latest build gets stuck in a boot loop at the xbmc splash (i think it keeps crashing). It goes through after it crashes about 10 times or so. Also my wifi adapter, EDIMAX EW-7811Un doesn't connect consistently, but it's been that way for the last few builds and just needs a reboot.

that happens to me also, from time to time. Get's on boot loop. Also wi-fi lost connection from time to time...

Build #0217c should fix that. It also happen to me with #0217a and #0217b, now is working fine.

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - b1m1 - 2014-02-18

(2014-02-18, 01:21)MilhouseVH Wrote: Build Highlights:
  1. newclock3: Fix for files with no valid pts values - should fix AVI's which have no video playback when using DVDPlayer, also fixes audio sync with packed video
  2. Firmware: Updated 17 Feb build.
    • Fix for intermittent audio failures with hdmi passsthrough
    • Fix for hdmi audio crackles when sync video to display is enabled

Hooray! Playing a movie now and no crackling! Thanks.

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - Koloss - 2014-02-18

(2014-02-18, 01:57)MilhouseVH Wrote: I've uploaded a new build to help test some experimental database optimisations that are being discussed in this thread.

I've run some initial tests and the performance improvement for JSON database updates is huge. To give an example, when updating imdb votes and ratings on three movies:

Code:
.         Argo      K-F Panda 2     Avatar
Before: 32.069271      5.011988   22.674556
After:   0.256215      0.670386    0.146922

All times are in seconds.

Performance improvements should be expected anywhere a JSON database update occurs, either in an addon (eg. Artwork Downloader) or a script (texturecache,py).

Since these are experimental database changes I'm not including the changes in my normal builds but due to the significant improvement in performance I wanted to make a build available for anyone willing to help test, albeit at your own risk (take a backup of your MySQL/SQLite MyVideos* databases etc.)

The build can be downloaded here: #0217xp. It's basically #0217c plus the patches discussed in the above thread.

If/when the changes are proven to be safe/reliable/stable, and assuming there is a high probability of the changes being accepted into XBMC master, I'll include them in future "regular" builds. Issues/problems should be posted in the above linked thread.

Edit: Updated the experimental build to include crash-fix patch also added to #0217c

How can I test this? What must clicked in xbmc?

(2014-02-18, 16:08)Koloss Wrote: How can I test this?

Here:
http://netlir.dk/rbej/builds/MilhouseVH/OpenELEC-RPi.arm-Milhouse-20140218001825-r17722-gfd78503.tar

One question: I usually use this builds:
http://mirrors.xbmcnightlybuilds.com/OpenELEC_DEV_BUILDS/RPi/

Who mantains that? Are they solely from the XBMC/openelec main branch?

Do they have newclock3 implemented?

I might use the ones from this thread here.

Thanks

Re: RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - Milhouse - 2014-02-18

(2014-02-18, 16:08)Koloss Wrote: How can I test this?

Mainly by applying updates to your movies using JSON and determining if the time taken is improved with this build, and that the database updates correctly. An add-on such as Artwork Downloader (just one that comes to mind) uses JSON to update movies and is currently very slow as a result, or there's the script in my sig (eg. the imdb option, or when used with mklocal.py).

If you're not familiar with JSON it may not be something you want to test, plus there is the potential for data loss so it's really only for those that have experienced poor database update performance and are interested in seeing it improved.

(2014-02-18, 16:19)tfouto Wrote: One question: I usually use this builds:
http://mirrors.xbmcnightlybuilds.com/OpenELEC_DEV_BUILDS/RPi/

Who mantains that? Are they solely from the XBMC/openelec main branch?

Do they have newclock3 implemented?

I might use the ones from this thread here.

Thanks

Those are "stock" development builds with none of the newclock3 performance enhancements - they're basically just builds of vanilla OpenELEC master.

Ok, I will try this newclock3 performances enhancements builds, and compare performance Smile

Will newclock3 eventually enter into vanilla OpenELEC master?

Thanks

Re: RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - Milhouse - 2014-02-18

(2014-02-18, 16:28)tfouto Wrote: Will newclock3 eventually enter into vanilla OpenELEC master?

Yes, the idea is to have the newclock3 patches accepted into XBMC master which then feeds into OpenELEC master (and Raspbmc, XBian etc.) In fact all platforms and architectures stand to benefit from many of the newclock3 patches once they land upstream, even x86 and Android.