Kodi Community Forum
Stop SCREENSHOT pngs - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: OS independent / Other (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=228)
+---- Thread: Stop SCREENSHOT pngs (/showthread.php?tid=185997)

Pages: 1 2

Stop SCREENSHOT pngs - Michale32086 - 2014-02-11

How do I turn off Screenshots from being created??

Thanx

RE: Stop SCREENSHOT pngs - un1versal - 2014-02-11

stop pressing prnscreen on keyboard or record on mce remote.

RE: Stop SCREENSHOT pngs - Michale32086 - 2014-02-11

Ahhhhhhh... So it's a button press..

I use an XBOX 1 Controller.. I can find the offending button by checking the XML, right??

What command am I looking for?? 'prnscreen'??

Thanx for the reply...

Found it...

<joystick name="Microsoft Xbox Controller S">
<altname>XBCD Logitech Cordless Precision</altname>
<altname>Logitech Xbox Cordless Controller</altname>
<altname>Microsoft X-Box pad (Japan)</altname>
<altname>XBCD Microsoft Xbox Controller</altname>
<button id="1">Select</button>
<button id="2">Back</button>
<button id="3"/>
<button id="4">FullScreen</button>
<button id="5">Queue</button>
<button id="6">ContextMenu</button>
<button id="7"/>
<button id="8"/>
<button id="9">XBMC.ActivateWindow(PlayerControls)</button>
<button id="10"/>
<button id="11">Screenshot</button>
<button id="12">XBMC.ActivateWindow(ShutdownMenu)</button>
<button id="13">Up</button>
<button id="14">Right</button>
<button id="15">Down</button>
<button id="16">Left</button>
<button id="17">PreviousMenu</button>

Now, what the hell is button ID 11Huh

RE: Stop SCREENSHOT pngs - Hitcher - 2014-02-11

Just change it to <button id="11"/>

RE: Stop SCREENSHOT pngs - Michale32086 - 2014-02-11

(2014-02-11, 20:51)Hitcher Wrote: Just change it to <button id="11"/>

"That was easy" Big Grin

Thanx

RE: Stop SCREENSHOT pngs - Michale32086 - 2014-02-12

Turns out it wasn't that easy. Sad

Any changes made to the Controller XML file renders it non-operative...

On the PLUS side, I did learn that it's the LEFT TRIGGER that is causing the issue.

So, my plan is to stay away from the LEFT TRIGGER... Big Grin

Thanx

RE: Stop SCREENSHOT pngs - negge - 2014-02-12

The fact that there's a default button on all remotes for taking a screenshot is the real bug here. Especially on MCE remotes - I find it hard to believe that anyone would expect the record button to take a screenshot when e.g. you're watching live TV. I suppose it's a relic from the old days when sending a screenshot of your XBMC to your friends made you elite.

RE: Stop SCREENSHOT pngs - Michale32086 - 2014-02-12

(2014-02-12, 23:36)negge Wrote: The fact that there's a default button on all remotes for taking a screenshot is the real bug here. Especially on MCE remotes - I find it hard to believe that anyone would expect the record button to take a screenshot when e.g. you're watching live TV. I suppose it's a relic from the old days when sending a screenshot of your XBMC to your friends made you elite.

hehehehehe Now THAT was funny.. Big Grin

Ahhhhhhh The good ole days... Big Grin

RE: Stop SCREENSHOT pngs - un1versal - 2014-02-12

Screenshots are debug useful, especially on a world where ppl go on for 20 posts and 500 words to describe a problem (in a international forum visited by many non English speaking users), when a picture speaks a thousand words.
The relic here is the thought that one need to show off his "elite" status by showing a picture of xbmc, its a bit like saying posting debug logs makes you somehow elite, ya elite and rare bug reporter perhpas Wink

RE: Stop SCREENSHOT pngs - Ned Scott - 2014-02-13

(2014-02-12, 23:36)negge Wrote: The fact that there's a default button on all remotes for taking a screenshot is the real bug here. Especially on MCE remotes - I find it hard to believe that anyone would expect the record button to take a screenshot when e.g. you're watching live TV. I suppose it's a relic from the old days when sending a screenshot of your XBMC to your friends made you elite.

I think (I might be mistaken) it's a left over from when people had to make most of their library thumbnails for episodes and such. There's actually a lot of screen shots on thetvdb.com that were originally taken inside of XBMC using those buttons, since for some people it was easier to take them as they watched a show, rather than sitting at their computer. Some people never submitted the screenshots, but just used them in their own library.

EDIT: I think a recent PR is also re-claiming the record button on remotes to actually record (PVR), so that should be the default for Gotham.

RE: Stop SCREENSHOT pngs - negge - 2014-02-13

Interesting!

RE: Stop SCREENSHOT pngs - un1versal - 2014-02-13

@nedscott so what is now used for screenshots if then this is removed?

RE: Stop SCREENSHOT pngs - Ned Scott - 2014-02-13

In remote.xml? Nothing, unless someone makes a custom keymap. Keyboard.xml doesn't change, IIRC.

RE: Stop SCREENSHOT pngs - un1versal - 2014-02-13

I though for a sec when you want a screenshot from someone that has a remote, you need to in addition explain how to modify the remote.xml, not happening... hahaha! pheww

RE: Stop SCREENSHOT pngs - jjd-uk - 2014-02-13

I didn't even know there was a key by default for taking screenshots, I always use Print Screen or the Snip tool in Windows Smile