Kodi Community Forum
Intel NUC - Bay Trail (Celeron Generation CPU) - DN2820FYKH - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Intel NUC - Bay Trail (Celeron Generation CPU) - DN2820FYKH (/showthread.php?tid=187433)

RE: Intel NUC - Bay Trail (Celeron 4th Generation CPU) - DN2820FYKH - ivanishere - 2015-10-13

Short update - tried bios downgrade from 0051 to 0038 but upgrade failed several times, then tried one more time to rollback to 0050 and failed again. I REALLY didn't had time to messing around with removing jumper in order to run bios recovery last night.. i will try in next few days. One question more regarding OE btw - did someone experienced green dots on black parts of the movie scene when running OE in 1080p video settings? When i change back settings to 720p picture is normal again.
Thanks guys for help.

RE: Intel NUC - Bay Trail (Celeron 4th Generation CPU) - DN2820FYKH - ivanishere - 2015-10-13

@xbs08

I see you are satisfied with Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote. Is this remote without additional IR receiver? I plan to get one, but want to use Nuc's embedded IR receiver.

Tnx

RE: Intel NUC - Bay Trail (Celeron 4th Generation CPU) - DN2820FYKH - xbs08 - 2015-10-13

Yes, the remote comes with an USB IR receiver but works just fine with the NUC's embedded IR.

Everything just works out-of-the-box in OE, including cold booting the NUC Big Grin

RE: Intel NUC - Bay Trail (Celeron 4th Generation CPU) - DN2820FYKH - ivanishere - 2015-10-15

@xbs08
Update - bios downgrade to 0038 didn't help to enter bios with my Panasonic TV. So, at the end i am forced to use the other PC monitor every time if i have to mess around with bios settings. Eventually i will try to get hdmi/vga signal converter as backup solution if it works for my TV.
One question for all here - i have Unbranded MCE remote that works with my old windows/xbmc htpc:
http://www.dx.com/p/wireless-multimedia-infrared-ir-remote-controller-with-usb-receiver-for-pc-2-aaa-44178#.Vh-mCyvl_sB
This one wont work with Nuc at all. Is there any way how to make it work, before i go for Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6.

Tnx

RE: Intel NUC - Bay Trail (Celeron 4th Generation CPU) - DN2820FYKH - ivanishere - 2015-10-28

The new bios is out - 0052:
https://downloadmirror.intel.com/25448/eng/FY_0052_ReleaseNotes.pdf

HDMI Audio / Multichannel occasionally drops out - colinjones - 2015-11-02

I have this device and it works very well generally - I'm running HDMI to my receiver then on to my LCD panel, using HDMI sending LPCM multichannel (no passthru, I want it to decode not the amp)

However, occasionally when I start a video the receiver will start by detecting the LPCM, then a few seconds later drop it and shows as if there is no audio being received, then randomly comes in and out. Sometimes it will settle down other times audio stops permanently. I've tried different HDMI ports with the same behaviour, and my Chromecast plugged into one of these HDMI ports never displays this behaviour, so I don't believe its the receiver. I've tried several different HDMI cables, with the same results.

Its difficult to reproduce on demand. Sometimes I'll go several days without it happening, then it happens quite a bit on different video files in a row. I haven't noticed any specific correlation to a particular source audio format, it seems to happen on both DTS/DD type files as well as AAC, although its hard to be sure because I can't force it to do it. The only thing I've found to be helpful (usually) is simply power down and restart and that usually fixes it up for the problematic files. I may be imagining it, but it seems to start happening after I haven't rebooted in days.

I've looked in dmesg, etc but can't really see any HDMI or pulseaudio specific errors/warnings. Has anybody got any suggestions on what might be wrong?

Is it worth doing all this https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PulseAudio/Log to see if PA is having a problem? Would greatly appreciate any help!

Running Kodi 15.2 on Ubuntu 14.04.3 LTS using pretty much default settings (I haven't removed Pulseaudio, just used Ubuntu sound settings and pavucontrol to set volumes and hardware output device.

RE: Intel NUC - Bay Trail (Celeron Generation CPU) - DN2820FYKH - pr0xZen - 2016-04-01

Silent thread, but I thought old (and new) contributors and readers might want this update to a long-standing issue:

Myself and some others have been pounding Intels diversions, runarounds and some downright lies for a couple of years now, with hard evidence and their own white paper documentation of the capability. After countless hours arguing with support and engineering, and digging through internal documentation - finally there is progress:

Intel has officially acknowledged that the Celeron NUCs are indeed capable of HBR (High Bit Rate) HD audio bitstream passthrough (DTS-HD/MA, Dolby TrueHD), INCLUDING in Windows.

They're working on a driver fix - no ETA yet.

-

As we already know, one possible fix is using the GFX Driver bundle 10.18.10.3958 , or just the Display Audio driver v. 6.16.0.3154. These were originally intended for the D34010WYK, but work with the DN2820FYKH and some others if you do driver rollback/uninstall then force install these drivers. Now, these are Win 7 / 8 / 8.1 (64bit) drivers - but might work with Win 10 too. Just don't update, this is the only current known driver (as of post time) that enables HBR HD audio bitstream passthrough under windows - most likely an oversight by Intel, and the reason it was eventually pulled.

EDIT: As someone asked elsewhere: No, this is no April Fools joke.

RE: Intel NUC - Bay Trail (Celeron Generation CPU) - DN2820FYKH - hdmkv - 2016-04-01

This NUC has come (back) alive with at least 3 users (myself included) w/the recent addition of Kodi 17 MVC 3D Windows builds. DTS-MA/X and TrueHD/ATMOS working; only DD+ is broken w/Kodi 17 at this point.

RE: Intel NUC - Bay Trail (Celeron Generation CPU) - DN2820FYKH - pr0xZen - 2016-04-01

Netflix still use DD+ for 5.1 audio right?

I'm currently juggling both my older DN2820FYKH and my Beebox N3150 in my setup so the rest of the "windows household" can enjoy both. I've been leaning towards selling the DN2820FYKH once the fixed driver comes, but your news makes me think of other uses for it Smile

RE: Intel NUC - Bay Trail (Celeron Generation CPU) - DN2820FYKH - methcat - 2016-08-08

(2016-04-01, 15:04)pr0xZen Wrote: Intel has officially acknowledged that the Celeron NUCs are indeed capable of HBR (High Bit Rate) HD audio bitstream passthrough (DTS-HD/MA, Dolby TrueHD), INCLUDING in Windows.

They're working on a driver fix - no ETA yet.

been a while, is this still going? also, maybe i just don't know what i'm, missing, but isn't dts hd/ma already going with packaged linux drivers? i got those in passthrough in my openelec from a year ago, and the 7.0.2 libreelec now?

RE: Intel NUC - Bay Trail (Celeron Generation CPU) - DN2820FYKH - MrBfJohn - 2016-08-09

I have one and all the high Bit Rate Audio works just fine. I'm on windows 10 with the MVC build of Kodi Krypton. I love it so much I just bought a second from Maplin (Selling for £65 if you ring them. They're selling off their ex displays)

RE: Intel NUC - Bay Trail (Celeron Generation CPU) - DN2820FYKH - crashnburn - 2016-08-10

(2016-08-09, 23:30)MrBfJohn Wrote: I have one and all the high Bit Rate Audio works just fine. I'm on windows 10 with the MVC build of Kodi Krypton. I love it so much I just bought a second from Maplin (Selling for £65 if you ring them. They're selling off their ex displays)

Do share more details on what works for you and how/ where can we contact this source.

RE: Intel NUC - Bay Trail (Celeron Generation CPU) - DN2820FYKH - Skank - 2016-08-10

yup all working fine here with it (2830 version of 2820)

RE: Intel NUC - Bay Trail (Celeron Generation CPU) - DN2820FYKH - MrBfJohn - 2016-08-10

(2016-08-10, 13:00)crashnburn Wrote: Do share more details on what works for you and how/ where can we contact this source.

For anyone in the UK this is the cheapest I can find at the moment.
http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/intel-nuc-dn2820fykh-hdd-celeron-bay-trail-barebone-mini-pc-a75nf

Now that price is for a new item, but all they have are ex displays. You'll notice every store with stock is only showing 1. I live nowhere near any of these stores, so I rang the sales team and they contacted one of the stores, who are mailing one to me at no extra cost. As it's an ex display there's also a 15% discount on top of that already discounted price, which brings it down to £65! I was tempted to buy a third for a mediaportal backend!

The version of kodi I'm using is one being worked on my Afedchin. It's a variation of Krypton, but with MKV MVC 3D support. There are some very minor niggles to work out yet, but overall I'm really happy with it.
The latest version of this build isn't the best in my opinion, but I can always stick the most stable version on dropbox if you decide you want to try it.
If you want to try the latest version keep an eye on here for a build with MVC at the end
http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/win32/

RE: Intel NUC - Bay Trail (Celeron Generation CPU) - DN2820FYKH - MrBfJohn - 2016-08-10

Also, this thread seems to be the best for the latest info on this build
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=266316