Kodi Community Forum
Intel NUC - Bay Trail (Celeron Generation CPU) - DN2820FYKH - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Intel NUC - Bay Trail (Celeron Generation CPU) - DN2820FYKH (/showthread.php?tid=187433)

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC (Bay Trail/Silvermont 2013Q4 edition) - RideLikeTheWind - 2014-02-16

(2014-02-15, 18:45)mason Wrote: @davidh2k I decided to go down another path, since I wanted to have no moving parts anymore and a proper case was already available here, I ordered a Akasa Newton H UCFF to have complete passive cooling. Also the HTPC header on the bottom doesn't have enough space to take the pinheader from the CEC board. So I needed to resolder the pins directly to the header. Anyway here is a pic of the board with the cec controller. If you want to fit it in the original case you have to completely remove the pinheader of the controller board which is a pain in the ass without the proper tools.

NUC with Pulse Eight CEC

Don't want to go off on a different topic too much but can you please give more details on how well the 2820 board fits into this Akasa case? Their site only states D53427RKE which I'm assuming is something different.
If the original box is too noisy I'll be thinking of moving it into a passive box so if there are any tweaks it needs please pass them on and share the knowledge.

RLTW

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC (Bay Trail/Silvermont 2013Q4 edition) - mason - 2014-02-16

RideLikeTheWind: Seems like I mixed up the threats, mine this is a haswell d34010wyk. Stupid me...

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC (Bay Trail/Silvermont 2013Q4 edition) - RideLikeTheWind - 2014-02-16

@mason

No problem!

RLTW

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC (Bay Trail/Silvermont 2013Q4 edition) - ASimkins - 2014-02-16

Got my DN2820, works much better than I thought it would. The universal remote for my cable box worked out of the box with OpenELEC (setup as MCE in the settings).

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC (Bay Trail/Silvermont 2013Q4 edition) - kindrudekid - 2014-02-16

(2014-02-16, 02:04)ASimkins Wrote: Got my DN2820, works much better than I thought it would. The universal remote for my cable box worked out of the box with OpenELEC (setup as MCE in the settings).

I know the stable version of OpenELEC is not booting, for me it is gettting stuck at Fontconfig error 53...

So you probably installed the latest nightlies for this and do you have any weird addon behaiour? like youtube and dailymotion addon config window openeing up?

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC (Bay Trail/Silvermont 2013Q4 edition) - NiklasK - 2014-02-16

I´m just wondering if the DN2820FYKH have the cpu to transcode audio? The reason I ask is that I have ripped all bu Blu-Rays with DTS-HD or TrueHD and put them on my server. In the livingroom I´m planning to use a Sonos sound bar and that only accept Dolby Digital (AC3).

So is audio transcoding (from DTS-HD, True HD and DTS) to AC3 a cpu heavy process or will the DN2820FYKH handle this without problem?

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC (Bay Trail/Silvermont 2013Q4 edition) - davidh2k - 2014-02-17

(2014-02-15, 18:45)mason Wrote: @davidh2k I decided to go down another path, since I wanted to have no moving parts anymore and a proper case was already available here, I ordered a Akasa Newton H UCFF to have complete passive cooling. Also the HTPC header on the bottom doesn't have enough space to take the pinheader from the CEC board. So I needed to resolder the pins directly to the header. Anyway here is a pic of the board with the cec controller. If you want to fit it in the original case you have to completely remove the pinheader of the controller board which is a pain in the ass without the proper tools.

NUC with Pulse Eight CEC

I would use the H case anyway, nevertheless which NUC I choose in the end. So i guess i have some more space available ...

Greetings
David

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC (Bay Trail/Silvermont 2013Q4 edition) - turt - 2014-02-17

NUC with Pulse Eight CEC
Hi mason,

I have a D54250WYB motherboard in a Streacom NC1 WY casing.
I tried to use the internal HDMI-CEC adapter but unfortunately, despite following advices from the Pulse Eight support regarding rewiring, I never got it to work... They sent me a replacement unit but outcome was the same.

May I ask you, is this a i5 Haswell NUC you have?

What I have done:
- rewire the HDMI-CEC red cable from pin 8 to pin 3 on the Custom Solutions Header
- rewire the power button white cable (position 7) to the Power Switch (pin 6 on Front Panel Header)
- replace the 2.54mm pitch USB connector with one of my own (2.00mm pitch)

I see on your pic that there's a cable coming from a SATA power connector and going to the internal hdmi adapter? Can you please tell me why you did that?

Furthermore, after spending quite some time with no results, I gave up and left a "cabling mess" behind me, so could you please be kind enough to give me a pin description of the internal adapter itself? So I could start again from scratch and maybe get it working?

Thanks!

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC (Bay Trail/Silvermont 2013Q4 edition) - mason - 2014-02-17

@turt

I know how you feel, I struggled with this also quite some time over the last week. This is a D34010WKY.

The 3,3V pin (https://www.pulse-eight.com/store/download/get/28) doesn't seem to provide enough power to supply the board. I just connected it to the 3,3V PIN of the SATA power connector, works flawless so far.

Had also a cheap mini HDMI cable which doesn't connected the CEC signal properly. Just bought another one and this one is working fine. Keep that in mind if you get it to work and it does not show any devices on the bus.

Good luck...

So it would just be a matter of power supply? Crazy Big Grin

Do you happen to have a scheme/description of the pins on the adapter side? I don't have an original cable anymore so I'm not sure which cable should go where...

Thanks!

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC (Bay Trail/Silvermont 2013Q4 edition) - mason - 2014-02-17

@turt

always make a picture of everything Wink

CEC Pinoutcabel

Yeah, will do Wink

Thanks!

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC (Bay Trail/Silvermont 2013Q4 edition) - sparklemotion - 2014-02-17

Hi guys,
I run PlexELEC (Plex distro of OpenELEC. It's pretty great Smile ).

http://plexrpms.markwalker.dk/OpenELEC/

I believe it's running OpenELEC 3.2.4 in the background. Is there a way to upgrade Plex ELEC with the 4.0 kernel to support the Bay Trail NUC? If not, I can wait and use PlexBMC for the time being but I'd love to get this running (if it's at all possible).

thanks!

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC (Bay Trail/Silvermont 2013Q4 edition) - Fra-HTPC - 2014-02-18

Anyone noticed any movement on their http://www.tranquilpcshop.co.uk/ order?

Almost forgot about mine, just logged on to check and the order is listed as 'Awaiting Fulfillment'

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC (Bay Trail/Silvermont 2013Q4 edition) - Speedst3r - 2014-02-18

(2014-02-17, 20:32)sparklemotion Wrote: Hi guys,
I run PlexELEC (Plex distro of OpenELEC. It's pretty great Smile ).

http://plexrpms.markwalker.dk/OpenELEC/

I believe it's running OpenELEC 3.2.4 in the background. Is there a way to upgrade Plex ELEC with the 4.0 kernel to support the Bay Trail NUC? If not, I can wait and use PlexBMC for the time being but I'd love to get this running (if it's at all possible).

thanks!

There is a way, I've done it Smile

I had to build my own image with updated kernel and Intel drivers, it works great!