Kodi Community Forum
Xbmcbuntu 13 Testing Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Linux (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: Xbmcbuntu 13 Testing Thread (/showthread.php?tid=189553)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

RE: [beta] Xbmcbuntu 13 Testing Thread - DJ Raging-Bull - 2014-04-19

Ok thanx for this information, I'll do that whene I get home tonight.

By the way, on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, with Intel GPU there is a lot of tearing even with VSync is activated.
I saw that with my desktop and laptop wich both have Intel GPU with Intel Open Source Drivers.

Tested with Xbmc 13 Beta 4 and 12.3, tearing with both versions.

RE: [beta] Xbmcbuntu 13 Testing Thread - fritsch - 2014-04-19

Most likely the backing store issue. We have fixed that by default on xbmcbuntu.

Yes, that's the reason I switched to XBMCBuntu. I was happy to see that the HD video playback was perfectly smooth.
I'll keep that until the realease of XBMC 13, then I'll disable the unstable PPA to stable.

Could have been fixed with a single line for normal Ubuntu as well :-)
Edit: https://github.com/xbmc/XBMCbuntu/commit/419d66e7318e09fc2be414800f74bffe67979347

So I put this line:
+xserver-command=/usr/bin/X -bs -nolisten tcp
In this file ?
/etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf

Then I restart the computer for apply the change ? Or this will work directly ?

grrr, if you write that + in there, I will happily set you on the ignore list. Please think(!) when you do something. The "+" is from the patch as ... + means: add line - means: remove line.

On a normal Ubuntu system it could also be in /etc/lightdm/ligthdm.conf.d/10-ubuntu-something. Just find the Seat Defaults and write that line under it (without (!) the +) ... you need of course to reboot / restart lightdm and verify Xorg.0.log to have BackingStore disabled.

Btw. take care with your mailserver, if you already fail at patching / editing a single text file.

Be cool, I'm not familiar with this way to write a file. Now I've learn a usefull thing thank to you, but no reason to be condescending with me.

On my Ubuntu 14.04 LTS in /etc/lightdm I have only "user.conf".

RE: [beta] Xbmcbuntu 13 Testing Thread - runel - 2014-04-19

** never mind, got it working **

RE: [beta] Xbmcbuntu 13 Testing Thread - wsnipex - 2014-04-20

new build beta4 is available, but changelog is minimal(see OP). There is no need to reinstall your system, if everything is working.

RE: [beta] Xbmcbuntu 13 Testing Thread - User 29008 - 2014-04-20

Hey guys,

I got XBMC 12 running on my Intel Haswell HTPC. Is there an easy way to upgrade to latest 13 beta without a complete reinstall?

thanks,

boba

RE: [beta] Xbmcbuntu 13 Testing Thread - un1versal - 2014-04-20

Yes, see Team XBMC PPA (wiki)

RE: [beta] Xbmcbuntu 13 Testing Thread - doug - 2014-04-20

(2014-03-20, 08:41)wsnipex Wrote: @vip723:
The file the file you played is VC1, can you check that its not interlaced? Mediainfo will tell you.

can you add this line under [SeatDefaults] in
Code:
xserver-command=/usr/bin/X -bs -nolisten tcp
It should hopefully get rid of tearing.

@KeithLM: just to make sure, you did remove your changes from /etc/init/lightdm.conf, right?

Thanks for this. I had tearing (and keypresses being ignored in fullscreen video) after upgrading an existing xbmcbuntu installation to 14.04. Adding:
Code:
in the [SeatDefaults] section of /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf and rebooting fixed it!

RE: [beta] Xbmcbuntu 13 Testing Thread - DJ Raging-Bull - 2014-04-20

On Ubuntu 14.04, it's in this file you have to add the line.
/usr/share/lightdm/lightdm.conf.d/50-xserver-command.conf

RE: [beta] Xbmcbuntu 13 Testing Thread - fritsch - 2014-04-20

Please, don't change stuff in /usr/share that will directly be overwritten by any system upgrade.

Write it to /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf.d/10-ubuntu.conf (create that file)

Code:
[SeatDefaults]
user-session=ubuntu
allow-guest=false

This is for normal Ubuntu Installation, off topic and not needed for Xbmcbuntu

RE: [beta] Xbmcbuntu 13 Testing Thread - TimoV - 2014-04-20

Hi Everyone!

I see in the release notes for beta 4 that .asoundrc is removed, as I use an Intel NUC and would also like to play some steam games from time to time, how do I enable sound again on the XBMCBuntu desktop?

In the previous beta, sound drivers were provided by ALSA, which relies on .asoundrc to have sound on the normal xbmcbuntu desktop (don't quote me on that, I just read that in some threads here on the XBMC forums).

So, with that file gone, I don't have any sound when I'm on the desktop or use a program outside of XBMC.

Anybody any ideas?