Kodi Community Forum
[Release] Skygo V2 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [Release] Skygo V2 (/showthread.php?tid=189805)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

[Release] Skygo V2 - syborg - 2014-03-20

Skygo V2

This plugin enables the playing of LiveTV & On Demand content from the Skygo website.

The addon has been completely rewritten from the ground up to eliminate the previous issues with the old addon mod.

This thread takes over from original thread

Plugin Installation
Download the repo - Syborg Repo
Install repo from zip
Install Skygo V2 from video plugins in the repo.
Current Users
Update the repo and download V2 from video plugins in the repo
C:\Skygo folder can be deleted
Zip File
Alternatively You can install from the zip file although I wouldnt recommend this as you wont receive the automatic updates. - HERE

Current Version - 2.0.8

Plugin Requirements
- Skygo UK or Ireland account
- Windows OS
- Internet Explorer 11
- Silverlight installed

Hints
Once you have selected a channel - let it load completely before exiting - doing before this can produce unreliable results.

Support & FAQ
If you have issues please search the thread for solutions, if nothing that matches your issue please post details along with your xbmc log and skygo log and will try to help.
Skygo log location - ~\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.skygo\resources\lib\other
FAQ's
Q. Can this be added to TVGuide
A. Yes - In the settings press the buttom add to TVGuide Addons
Q. I get black screens when launching a channel.
A. Update to IE 11

Coming Soon
Shutdown Timer
Second Screen Support (Possible in the works)

Any feature requests - email me

Thanks
Syborg

Buy me a beer for my work?

RE: [Release] Skygo V2 - DJ-1 - 2014-03-20

Awesome, will give this a go at some point...

RE: [Release] Skygo V2 - e9508686 - 2014-03-21

This looks great and as promised, i haven't had to edit anything to get it working on xp!

but...i am unable to exit by just pressing the backspace key. the first few times it looked like a batch file popped up and said something like taskkill is not a recognised command. i can't see this batch file popping up anymore but instead just your error message pop up. here's my log file:

Exception TypeError: 'an integer is required' in <module 'threading' from 'C:\Documents and Settings\Dan\Application Data\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.skygo\resources\lib\other\skygov3.exe\threading.pyc'> ignored
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "skygov3.py", line 116, in <module>
File "skygov3.py", line 98, in main
File "skygov3.py", line 33, in channel_launcher
File "win32com\client\dynamic.pyc", line 522, in __getattr__
AttributeError: <unknown>.signinform
Exception TypeError: 'an integer is required' in <module 'threading' from 'C:\Documents and Settings\Dan\Application Data\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.skygo\resources\lib\other\skygov3.exe\threading.pyc'> ignored
Error in atexit._run_exitfuncs:
File "atexit.pyc", line 24, in _run_exitfuncs
TypeError: an integer is required
Error in sys.exitfunc:

out of interest, when pressing the backspace key does this effectively log me out of sky go and when i launch the next channel it logs in all over again? the reason i ask is that when i am manually closing the browser and sometimes killing the skygov3.exe process, when navigating back to your app and selecting a channel it fails because i think it's expecting to see the login screen but my session is still active and therefore i'm already signed in.

not asking for you to do anything about this but just trying to give you as much info as possible if you did want to fix it Smile

cheers,

Dan

RE: [Release] Skygo V2 - Razieal - 2014-03-21

so this doesnt work on mac??

[Release] Skygo V2 - syborg - 2014-03-21

(2014-03-21, 01:10)e9508686 Wrote: This looks great and as promised, i haven't had to edit anything to get it working on xp!

but...i am unable to exit by just pressing the backspace key. the first few times it looked like a batch file popped up and said something like taskkill is not a recognised command. i can't see this batch file popping up anymore but instead just your error message pop up. here's my log file:

File "skygov3.py", line 116, in <module>
File "skygov3.py", line 98, in main
File "skygov3.py", line 33, in channel_launcher
File "win32com\client\dynamic.pyc", line 522, in __getattr__
AttributeError: <unknown>.signinform
Error in atexit._run_exitfuncs:
Error in sys.exitfunc:

out of interest, when pressing the backspace key does this effectively log me out of sky go and when i launch the next channel it logs in all over again? the reason i ask is that when i am manually closing the browser and sometimes killing the skygov3.exe process, when navigating back to your app and selecting a channel it fails because i think it's expecting to see the login screen but my session is still active and therefore i'm already signed in.

not asking for you to do anything about this but just trying to give you as much info as possible if you did want to fix it Smile

cheers,

Dan

Cheers for all the info as you have XP it seems there is a different command for killing an application. I'll have look into this.

(2014-03-21, 02:25)Razieal Wrote: so this doesnt work on mac??

No this is windows only - the main issue is the webbrowser its controled through windows modules in python.

I have done a little research into mac porting and it may be possible however I don't have access to a OSX system so have no way of testing anything.

You need a script that can take in the username and password variables from the addon take these enter them into the webform press the sign in button
then navigate to the video page.

this code
tell application "Safari"
activate
open location "http://go.sky.com"
tell application "System Events"
delay 3
keystroke "username"
keystroke tab
keystroke "password"
keystroke tab
keystroke tab
keystroke tab
delay 3
keystroke return
end tell
end tell

combined with this somehow might do the job
>>> from appscript import *
>>> safari = app("Safari")
>>> safari.make(new=k.document,with_properties={k.URL:"http://stackoverflow.com"})
>>> safari.windows.first.current_tab.close()

But as I said I don't have a mac to test this. If there is someone who wants tackle this for a mac the rest of the code for the app can easily updated to accommodate a mac.

RE: [Release] Skygo V2 - Titch1644 - 2014-03-21

hi thanks for this, but i get nothing listed in the repo?
is there a zip file for skygo ?

RE: [Release] Skygo V2 - syborg - 2014-03-21

(2014-03-21, 12:36)Titch1644 Wrote: hi thanks for this, but i get nothing listed in the repo?
is there a zip file for skygo ?

Have you tried doing a full refresh? reinstalling the repo? If this doesn't work I have added a link to the zip file in first post but you would have to manually update.

just trying again now

RE: [Release] Skygo V2 - peppe_sr - 2014-03-21

but it works only in UK?
Peppe

(2014-03-21, 12:44)Titch1644 Wrote: yeah ive restarted xbmc a couple of times, ill try again
but thanks for that
Not just restarting XBMC but if you go to the repo and open the context menu there is an option to do a full refresh.

did that
installed loaded , but keeps asking for sign in
i have added it in the config

(2014-03-21, 12:47)peppe_sr Wrote: but it works only in UK?
Peppe
Yes it is UK only, however, I will have a look at porting to Italy. Ive had quick look and it should be possible I will have a better look in the next few days and see how doable it is.

(2014-03-21, 12:57)Titch1644 Wrote: did that
installed loaded , but keeps asking for sign in
i have added it in the config

You are pressing OK as you exit and not just pressing back - this was the only I could replicate your issue.

fixed it
logged into skygo on IE
then tried again all sorted
thanks

now to play with layouts
think it had the captcha so once i did that again all is well

RE: [Release] Skygo V2 - DJ-1 - 2014-03-21

Is this new add-on ok with Win 7 64bit, as the original add-on had issues with x64?

(2014-03-21, 13:36)Titch1644 Wrote: fixed it
logged into skygo on IE
then tried again all sorted
thanks

now to play with layouts
think it had the captcha so once i did that again all is well

Glad you got it working.

(2014-03-21, 13:38)DJ-1 Wrote: Is this new add-on ok with Win 7 64bit, as the original add-on had issues with x64?

Dunno about Win7 64-bit but working well on my Win8 64-bit and works well on my Win7 32-bit - so I don't envision any issue but let me know.