Kodi Community Forum
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=191109)

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - hdmkv - 2014-04-19

Hmm, I get the attached when I try what you posted...

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - underworld123 - 2014-04-19

(2014-04-19, 01:52)hdmkv Wrote: Hmm, I get the attached when I try what you posted...

Please follow the instructions in the Wiki....you need to use adb connect before you can push anything.

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - timmy! - 2014-04-19

(2014-04-19, 01:52)hdmkv Wrote: Hmm, I get the attached when I try what you posted...

try going 1 directory up... just /keymaps/

xml is a file not a directory

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - sspectre - 2014-04-19

(2014-04-19, 01:59)underworld123 Wrote:

Please follow the instructions in the Wiki....you need to use adb connect before you can push anything.

(2014-04-19, 02:00)timmy! Wrote:

try going 1 directory up... just /keymaps/

xml is a file not a directory

If you're connected with adb connect, it should work with the full path including the file name. That's how I've been pushing it today. If it's not working, try ending with keymaps (and don't put a slash after keymaps).

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - hdmkv - 2014-04-19

I'm already connected by adb, and using /keymaps/ doesn't work. Can't have that last forward slash. When I use the following, it seems to be pushing keyboard.xml, but when I reboot XMBC or do so after rebooting Fire TV itself, ff/rew buttons still a no-go...
Code:
adb push keyboard.xml /sdcard/android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - tennisbgc - 2014-04-19

(2014-04-19, 01:17)Scott R Wrote: Sorry if I'm repeating well known observations, but I finally got around to sideloading XBMC today (nightly Gotham build). Full bitrate Blu-ray MKV (h.264) content seems to play smoothly. Surprisingly, HDTV MPEG-2 content (1080i and 720p Windows Media Center .WTV files) also seem to play smoothly. Not surprisingly, VC-1 Blu-ray encodes are unwatchably choppy. Sad My testing thus far has been with a bedroom 1080p TV, so I'm just testing stereo audio at this point. Next up will be my living room 5.1 setup. I do not rip high def audio tracks, so I don't care about that. Regular Dolby Digital and DTS 5.1 is all I need.

So the big drawbacks for me are:

1) Lack of VC-1 support (anyone know if this format is being used more or less than it was before for new Blu-ray encodes?)
2) Lack of 24Hz/fps support.

More minor issues:

3) Having to drill into the Settings menu to get to the sideloaded XBMC app. But I understand that this can be overcome by using another app to auto-load XBMC on boot-up, which I'll tinker with later.
4) Pressing the Home button brings you all the way back to the Amazon Fire TV home screen. If you hit this by mistake, you then have to get back into XBMC through the convoluted Settings menu again. Anyone know of a workaround for this? The alternate remote mappings that are on the Wiki don't seem to change this button at all.
Your saying all your h264 full blurays play fine, no weird artifacts. My ouya does this with 80% of my full bluray h264 movies. What movies have you tested?

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - Scott R - 2014-04-19

(2014-04-19, 02:07)tennisbgc Wrote: Your saying all your h264 full blurays play fine, no weird artifacts. My ouya does this with 80% of my full bluray h264 movies. What movies have you tested?
*ALL* of them? Gosh no. I've only watched a few minutes of a few different movies. But I thought most people were seeing that their h.264 encoded Blu-ray rips were playing great, no?

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - syk69 - 2014-04-19

(2014-04-18, 19:15)cstark27 Wrote: Setting "keep audio device alive" and navigation sounds to off fixed the popping for me. This may cause some other issues since it looks like XBMC does not turn off the DD/DTS signal at the end of the stream. So playing a TrueHD file after a DD was a bit troublesome and at one time I had experienced slow playback again.

Most of my library is DTS/DD so I think this will work for me.

Turned off "keep audio device alive" and the pop in Dolby Digital movies is gone! Thanks buddy! Everything plays good now Smile

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - sspectre - 2014-04-19

(2014-04-19, 02:07)hdmkv Wrote: I'm already connected by adb, and using /keymaps/ doesn't work. Can't have that last forward slash. When I use the following, it seems to be pushing keyboard.xml, but when I reboot XMBC or do so after rebooting Fire TV itself, ff/rew buttons still a no-go...
Code:
adb push keyboard.xml /sdcard/android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps

FF/RW on the Fire TV remote? I'm using my keymap and the Fire TV remote's buttons work as FF/RW. Without a custom keymap they work as next track and previous track, which when playing video next track seems to do nothing and previous track brings you back to the beginning of the video. I'm not sure why they're not working; alternate keymap #3 seems to be setting them correctly.

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - pmcd - 2014-04-19

(2014-04-19, 02:29)sspectre Wrote: FF/RW on the Fire TV remote? I'm using my keymap and the Fire TV remote's buttons work as FF/RW. Without a custom keymap they work as next track and previous track, which when playing video next track seems to do nothing and previous track brings you back to the beginning of the video. I'm not sure why they're not working; alternate keymap #3 seems to be setting them correctly.

When I used a variety of wireless USB keyboards FF and RW would do exactly as you are describing with two of them. In fact when I paired the AFTV remote to my Mac FF would select the next item in the playlist of iTunes. Play always did what it was supposed to. FLIRC's media keys seem to produce FF and RW on the FTV using my Harmony One. I guess there is no standard for the way media keys work as some keyboards' media keys won't work with Macs while other ones do. Are media keys standard across OS's?

Philip

Re: RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - nickr - 2014-04-19

(2014-04-19, 02:29)sspectre Wrote:
(2014-04-19, 02:07)hdmkv Wrote: I'm already connected by adb, and using /keymaps/ doesn't work. Can't have that last forward slash. When I use the following, it seems to be pushing keyboard.xml, but when I reboot XMBC or do so after rebooting Fire TV itself, ff/rew buttons still a no-go...
Code:

FF/RW on the Fire TV remote? I'm using my keymap and the Fire TV remote's buttons work as FF/RW. Without a custom keymap they work as next track and previous track, which when playing video next track seems to do nothing and previous track brings you back to the beginning of the video. I'm not sure why they're not working; alternate keymap #3 seems to be setting them correctly.

debug log (wiki)

Re: RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - jdtimmons - 2014-04-19

(2014-04-18, 21:24)ktrdsl23 Wrote: I purchased a flirc to use with my Fire TV. I've read the wiki here and gone to Flirc's site but am confused where to start. I have a URC remote which I want to use to control the Fire TV. It is RF with IR blasters.

So do I plug the flirc into my PC and map the Fire TV remote buttons to the virtual remote on my PC? Assuming I do, once I plug the flirc into the Fire TV how do I get my URC remote to send the correct commands?

Thanks.

--Edit--

Found another video and now I'm thinking I plug the flirc into my PC and use my URC remote to tell it what is up, down etc. And then if I plug it into the Fire TV the Fire should recognize standard up, down and other keyboard presses. Is this second thing correct?

Yep. . That's how you do it. ..

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - Japgeisha - 2014-04-19

elmerohueso Online

fuck off

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - ToppDogg - 2014-04-19

Denon AVR-1612 and works great for me, no POP!

Re: RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - XmemphistoX - 2014-04-19

(2014-04-19, 05:37)ToppDogg Wrote: Denon AVR-1612 and works great for me, no POP!

Denon AVR X2000 no pop

(2014-04-19, 06:02)XmemphistoX Wrote:
(2014-04-19, 05:37)ToppDogg Wrote: Denon AVR-1612 and works great for me, no POP!

Denon AVR X2000 no pop but it does this annoying thing sometimes.

The audio sounds like its in slow mo and will not fix itself until I turn off the denon and back on again.