Kodi Community Forum
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=191109)

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - MediaPi - 2014-04-22

(2014-04-22, 05:49)LazerBlue Wrote:
(2014-04-22, 04:18)Canucker Wrote: Anyone have Antutu score on this box yet?

My first run came up with a score of 26045

Edit: That puts it above an HTC One and just below an S4

are you sure thats the corect score?
Heres a benchmark of the soc on engadget
http://www.engadget.com/2012/07/24/qualcomm-snapdragon-s4-pro-apq8064-benchmark/

It got an antutu score of 13,826

Heres an article on anadtech
http://www.anandtech.com/show/6112/qualcomms-quadcore-snapdragon-s4-apq8064adreno-320-performance-preview

says it can hit 2 ghz but only increases in performance by 20%

the score your quoting is an 88% increase. The Qualcomm Snapdragon 8064 is a two generation old soc. I'm very surprised its competing with last/current generation SOCs. Even though it has a bigger power envelope, is it that fast?
Someone please verify the antutu score. Would be interested to know.

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - dismantler - 2014-04-22

(2014-04-22, 11:05)MediaPi Wrote: Someone please verify the antutu score. Would be interested to know.

Just got a score of 25,113 on the first test. That puts it below the HTC One and above the Note 2.

Has anyone experiencing an audio off-sync using optical tried disabling video enchancements? Ex: My Samsung TV has a 120hz motion smoothing that apparently adds lag to the display. It has a game mode buried in the settings that is meant specifically for this problem, however it does drop some smoothing when enabled. I can also connect with the optical on the back of the tv and ad a 100ms delay in the menu settings which syncsthe audio. Unfortunately my tv doesn't pass through dd/dts.

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - HenryFord33 - 2014-04-22

(2014-04-22, 13:00)dismantler Wrote:
(2014-04-22, 11:05)MediaPi Wrote: Someone please verify the antutu score. Would be interested to know.

Just got a score of 25,113 on the first test. That puts it below the HTC One and above the Note 2.

Has anyone experiencing an audio off-sync using optical tried disabling video enchancements? Ex: My Samsung TV has a 120hz motion smoothing that apparently adds lag to the display. It has a game mode buried in the settings that is meant specifically for this problem, however it does drop some smoothing when enabled. I can also connect with the optical on the back of the tv and ad a 100ms delay in the menu settings which syncsthe audio. Unfortunately my tv doesn't pass through dd/dts.

On my Samsung instead of using Game mode for TV there is another setting with options like ie: smooth, clear, off, custom. I select clear for the best results to reduce motion lag. However, I never really considered this to effect audio/sync issues.

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - hdmkv - 2014-04-22

Voice support being added to Netflix later this year.

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - sspectre - 2014-04-22

(2014-04-22, 05:47)derrickrozay Wrote:
(2014-04-22, 04:09)sspectre Wrote:
(2014-04-22, 00:57)derrickrozay Wrote: I'll be getting mine delivered tomorrow. Can I use a PS3 or XBOX media remote for XBMC?

Is there a list of compatible remote controls yet?

Do you mean IR remotes or the game controllers?

As I understand it, the wireless Xbox 360 game controller works if you have the USB module that connects an Xbox controller to a computer. The wired Xbox 360 controller works as well if I remember correctly. The PS3 game controller I'm not as sure about, but it's Bluetooth so there's a chance it works.

For any IR remote you'll need an IR adapter. Some Windows Media Center remotes are working and the Flirc adapter will work. For the Flirc you could use any IR remote but it requires setup on a computer first.

I meant IR remotes.

For example this Sony PS3 media remote works with other devices running XBMC. It's uses bluetooth I believe
http://www.amazon.com/Sony-PlayStation-3-Blu-ray-Disc-Remote/dp/B000M17AVO

Or the xbox 360 media remote which works with the RPi
http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Media-Remote/dp/B005FMLZQQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1398138385&sr=1-1&keywords=xbox+360+media+remote

I'd prefer to use one of these over an MCE remote.

The Fire TV doesn't have a a built-in IR receiver, only Bluetooth. The PS3 remote, since it uses Bluetooth, may work but I'm not sure anyone has tried it. For the Xbox 360 remote you'll probably need to buy a Flirc. A Flirc will let you use any remote you want and appears as a keyboard to the Fire TV. You'll need to set it up on your computer first to tell it what to do when it receives each IR signal.

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - LazerBlue - 2014-04-22

I ran two more tests this morning after a restart. Here are the results

Test 1:

Test 2:

They seem fairly consistent with a couple more test that I ran all within about 200 points of each other.

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - kyoo - 2014-04-22

Hi folks.. I just put Gotham nightly on my FTV last night.. wow was that simple... it seems to work fairly well. I started to play around with the <pathsubstitution> features in an effort to make life easier for me when wiping the builds and adding new ones.. My goal being just to push advancedsettings.xml over and be done..

This is the pathsubstitution segment from the advancedsettings.xml file.. if I uncomment the passwords and/or the mediasources.xml sections, XBMC no longer starts.. the debug log doesn't show squat for a reason, either. What am I doing wrong? Thankfully, the sources substitution works.. I don't know if the profiles.xml subs actually does anything.. I was trying to figure out a way to read the "masterlock" info from a centralized config file.. not sure that's feasible though, since those settings appear to be strewn across lots of files.. one being the guisettings.xml, which shan't be centralized..

Thoughts on what I'm doing wrong here?

Code:
<pathsubstitution>
                <substitute>
                        <from>special://profile/sources.xml</from>
                        <to>smb://user:[email protected]/xbmc/userdata/sources.xml</to>
                </substitute>
                <substitute>
                        <from>special://profile/profiles.xml</from>
                        <to>smb://user:[email protected]/xbmc/userdata/profiles.xml</to>
                </substitute>
<!--
                <substitute>
                        <from>special://profile/passwords.xml</from>
                        <to>smb://user:[email protected]/xbmc/userdata/passwords.xml</to>
                </substitute>
                <substitute>
                        <from>special://profile/mediasources.xml</from>
                        <to>smb://user:[email protected]/xbmc/userdata/mediasources.xml</to>
                </substitute>
-->
        </pathsubstitution>

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - KrakaJap - 2014-04-22

Can anyone tell me if this tutorial is valid for Gotham? http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=108388.

My install went from 50mb to almost 1gb and I believe it's mainly because of the thumbnails. I already have my database on the server and it works great. I'd like to move those off to my server and keep the install of xbmc on my ftv to a minimum (considering the limited storage space).

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - HenryFord33 - 2014-04-22

(2014-04-22, 13:00)dismantler Wrote:

On my Samsung instead of using Game mode for TV there is another setting with options like ie: smooth, clear, off, custom. I select clear for the best results to reduce motion lag.

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - underworld123 - 2014-04-22

(2014-04-22, 16:16)kyoo Wrote: Hi folks.. I just put Gotham nightly on my FTV last night.. wow was that simple... it seems to work fairly well. I started to play around with the <pathsubstitution> features in an effort to make life easier for me when wiping the builds and adding new ones.. My goal being just to push advancedsettings.xml over and be done..

This is the pathsubstitution segment from the advancedsettings.xml file.. if I uncomment the passwords and/or the mediasources.xml sections, XBMC no longer starts.. the debug log doesn't show squat for a reason, either. What am I doing wrong? Thankfully, the sources substitution works.. I don't know if the profiles.xml subs actually does anything.. I was trying to figure out a way to read the "masterlock" info from a centralized config file.. not sure that's feasible though, since those settings appear to be strewn across lots of files.. one being the guisettings.xml, which shan't be centralized..

Thoughts on what I'm doing wrong here?

Code:
<pathsubstitution>
                <substitute>
                        <from>special://profile/sources.xml</from>
                        <to>smb://user:[email protected]/xbmc/userdata/sources.xml</to>
                </substitute>
                <substitute>
                        <from>special://profile/profiles.xml</from>
                        <to>smb://user:[email protected]/xbmc/userdata/profiles.xml</to>
                </substitute>
<!--
                <substitute>
                        <from>special://profile/passwords.xml</from>
                        <to>smb://user:[email protected]/xbmc/userdata/passwords.xml</to>
                </substitute>
                <substitute>
                        <from>special://profile/mediasources.xml</from>
                        <to>smb://user:[email protected]/xbmc/userdata/mediasources.xml</to>
                </substitute>
-->
        </pathsubstitution>

Wondering if the special:// paths do not work on AFTV. Can you try something like
Code:
/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/

This will be a wonderful solution for a device with limited storage capacity. Let us know if you get this working.

BTW, here is another thread on the issue http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=181063

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - DJ B-Roll - 2014-04-22

Running SBMC works fine; however, when I installed the latest nightly of gotham separate from SPMC, I encounter an issue when trying to add the fusion source. It freezes and I have to quit xbmc to work. Has anyone else encountered this problem? Is there a way to fix it?

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - PK21 - 2014-04-22

Can anyone tell me how to load Antutu on Fire TV? Do you just side load it with adb like xbmc? Also, Amazon says it is not supported by Fire TV, Not quite sure what that means since others have gotten it to run.

Re: RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - LazerBlue - 2014-04-22

(2014-04-22, 18:46)PK21 Wrote: Can anyone tell me how to load Antutu on Fire TV? Do you just side load it with adb like xbmc? Also, Amazon says it is not supported by Fire TV, Not quite sure what that means since others have gotten it to run.

I side loaded it with adb. Visually it doesn't work well as for me because it forces portrait mode and you only see half of it. You then have to exit out after its done and go back in to be able to read the results

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - PK21 - 2014-04-22

Thank you. I guess that's why they say it's unsupported. What about HD Homerun View. Anyone try to side load this one?

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - ukyank - 2014-04-22

If no one's tried it, emulators work great in the Fire TV