Kodi Community Forum
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Raspberry Pi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=166)
+---- Thread: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0) (/showthread.php?tid=192380)

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 - menakite - 2014-10-12

(2014-10-09, 20:38)menakite Wrote: @popcornmix I'm experiencing a strange issue with your latest newclock4 updates, on XBian.

I have a build from 20141004 that is working fine (unfortunately I don't have a backup of the newclock4 patch file). Yesterday I have updated to latest master and latest newclock4, I've also updated the firmware.

From time to time I randomly get a blank screen and no audio when using passthrough. I have tried to:
* disable GPU accelerated resampling (set to High) - this, and the firmware, seem to be the only changes since 20141004;
* disable Adjust PLL (set to any other value), just to be sure;
* both.

A debug log doesn't show anything relevant and anyways no ERROR lines.

When this happens, CEC is still working (indeed I can stop the video, and the GUI is then shown).

If I disable passthrough the issue magically disappears. So far I have only tested with AC3 (2.0, 5.1) videos. My TV also supports DTS so I'll test later.
I know this is usually related to the power supply, but I've measured it a few months ago, and I'm not sure why disabling passthrough would fix it if that's the case.

I'd like to try the older firmware and I'm wondering if it'd be safe to do so (I'll make sure to disable GPU resampling), or it would explode.

Edit: if it's relevant, all acceleration settings are enabled, so I'm using OMXPlayer.
Tried to investigate it further. It seems I only get this with 25 fps videos.

The video still continues even if I don't see anything. *Some times* it recovers itself after a few seconds (rarely minutes), otherwise I have to stop the playback, resume from there and rewind.

I've noticed 25 fps videos were played at 50, so I have tried adding this to advancedsettings.xml:
Code:
<video>
    <adjustrefreshrate>
        <override>
            <fpsmin>24.99</fpsmin>
            <fpsmax>25.01</fpsmax>
            <refresh>25</refresh>
        </override>
    </adjustrefreshrate>
</video>

I *think* (as I said, it's random, so I'm not sure...) the issue is more rare now, but I still get this.

As a test I have also tried config_hdmi_boost up to 7, but it didn't change anything.

Any suggestion on how to further debug this? (As I already said, a debug log when this happens is not different from a debug log when it doesn't.)

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 - popcornmix - 2014-10-12

(2014-10-12, 17:55)menakite Wrote: Any suggestion on how to further debug this? (As I already said, a debug log when this happens is not different from a debug log when it doesn't.)

Do you get the issue with an OpenELEC build (either latest stable or Milhouse's newclock4 build?)
Do you get the issue when building from master (rather than newclock4)?

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 - menakite - 2014-10-12

(2014-10-12, 18:02)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-10-12, 17:55)menakite Wrote: Any suggestion on how to further debug this? (As I already said, a debug log when this happens is not different from a debug log when it doesn't.)

Do you get the issue with an OpenELEC build (either latest stable or Milhouse's newclock4 build?)
Do you get the issue when building from master (rather than newclock4)?
Thanks.

I'm building from master and applying newclock4 on top of it.
I'll see if I can try OpenELEC tomorrow.

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 - popcornmix - 2014-10-12

(2014-10-12, 18:07)menakite Wrote: I'm building from master and applying newclock4 on top of it.
But if you don't apply newclock4 do you have the same problem?

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 - pootler - 2014-10-12

(2014-10-10, 15:58)pootler Wrote:
(2014-10-07, 16:00)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-10-07, 14:48)pootler Wrote: I have tried all the recent builds, and without exception, if I leave omx acceleration ON, ( i.e default) then searching through video is unusable and results in huge audio/video sync issue when returning to play. It works a bit better OFF, but it introduces a lot of stuttering.

Most of the dev focus is currently on dvdplayer as that has has the most changes since Gotham (and that's what my home xbmc setup is configured to use).
I test omxplayer on and off and it seems to behave fine.

Ideally upload a sample file that demonstrates the problem. Explain exactly what you do to trigger it (e.g. wait 10 seconds then seek forwards twice by 30 seconds, now audio is out of sync).
A debug log when doing this will help confirm if my settings are the same and that I'm seeing the same issue as you.

O.K. - I am hopeful I have stuff for you.

I am afraid the data is in two separate places.

here is the link to the ( not wonderful )video sample which shows the a/v problem.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/683bmiysvk8azwc/VID_20141010_133924.mp4?dl=0

There is no special set of actions that create it - it happens whether you FF for ten seconds or two hours.
As you can see in the video , I only FF for a short distance.

here is the link to the debug log that was running during the video sample.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=315490

I hope that is the right data.

many thanks popcorn mix

pootler

Hi popcornmix,

I'm sure you are very busy, but- did you catch this post from earlier?

thanks

pootler

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 - Milhouse - 2014-10-12

New OpenELEC Helix build: #1012
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.17.0 #1 PREEMPT Sun Oct 12 21:33:47 BST 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Oct 12 2014 13:00:44
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 231a26c97857bfd939a62267a890f90b00c9d584 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20141012213240-r19345-g7c25d27 [Build #1012]

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (7c25d27c, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (6e6663f6, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes newclock4 patches
  • Excludes the OpenELEC fernetmenta patches due to conflicts with newclock4
  • Excludes the OpenELEC linux-01-RPi_support patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from kernel branch rpi-3.17.y
  • Excludes the OpenELEC xbmc-001-newclock4 patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from newclock4 branch
  • Default setting for "Show RSS Feed" changed to disabled
  • Disabled "Total Duration" in Confluence (see build #0221 for details)
  • Adapted service.openelec.settings to take advantage of PR5217
  • Includes latest libnfs master (ab1af695)
  • Includes latest libcec master (81e38211)
  • Includes latest xbmc-pvr-addons master (259d1506)
  • Includes latest xbmc-addon-xvdr master (a3724213)
  • Includes libcec double-key suppression
  • Includes libcec CEC Standby Fix
  • Increase scan interval of PeripBusCEC from 5000 to 60000, reducing CPU loading by about 2% (1GHz Pi) every 5 seconds (even when CEC is "disabled")
  • Includes CONFIG_COREDUMP=y to allow creation of coredumps (see here)
  • Includes PR:5312: dvdplayer: do a seek after having changed subtitle stream
  • Includes PR:5324: Add setting to hide library clean progress bar.
  • Includes PR:5488: fix special key handling in edit controls
Build Highlights:
  1. New firmware
  2. R-Pi frequency scaling fixed in kernel 3.17 - force_turbo=0 working again
  3. Added PR:5488 which addresses the T9/SMS virtual keyboard input problem raised by @darzur
Build Details:
  1. Firmware (Oct 12):
    • firmware: audio_mixer: Add more support for 24-bit formats. See: link
    • firmware: audioplus: Always use 48kHz for pwm when de-popping is enabled. See: link
    • firmware: platform: Reorganise so config.txt is parsed before gpioman is set up
    • firmware: config: Remove gpio_pads config. Drive strength can be set through gpioman
    • firmware: audio_mixer: Check port number with resample parameter
  2. XBMC:
    • [python] add *all* module dependencies to path (PR:5463, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • dvdplayer: faster channel switching and playback for mpegts (PR:5487, 5 commits, 7 files changed)
    • Don't recurse in cache, force no cache when checking existance of cached... (PR:5483, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • JSON-RPC: fixes, refactoring and cosmetics in Profiles.LoadProfile (PR:5456, 4 commits, 2 files changed)
  3. newclock4:
    • [ResamplePi] Fix for 24bit audio
  4. kernel 3.17.y:
    • vchiq: Move logging control into debugfs
    • bcm2835-cpufreq: Update to use target_index interface to fix issues with 3.17 kernel
  5. Custom:
    • Added PR:5488: fix special key handling in edit controls

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 - popcornmix - 2014-10-13

(2014-10-12, 23:51)Milhouse Wrote: [*]firmware: audio_mixer: Add more support for 24-bit formats. See: [url=http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=206262]

This build may fix white noise bug with 24-bit audio sound cards (e.g. HifiBerry) with GPU accelerated resampling enabled. If you've had this issue please test and report.

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 - doveman2 - 2014-10-13

Moved.

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 - Milhouse - 2014-10-13

@doveman2 - I think a separate thread would be best for this, it's OT for test builds...

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 - doveman2 - 2014-10-13

(2014-10-13, 00:52)Milhouse Wrote: @doveman2 - I think a separate thread would be best for this, it's OT for test builds...

Sure, I'll do that.

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 - pootler - 2014-10-13

Strange,

The last two builds have broken my remote control?

It is a Hauppauge which is used in conjunction with the built in IR receiver of my hauppauge DVB tuner.

I can't even FTP/SFTP into openelec to check if the firmware is still there

Anybody else ?

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 - Milhouse - 2014-10-13

(2014-10-13, 01:12)pootler Wrote: Strange,

It is a Hauppauge which is used in conjunction with the built in IR receiver of my hauppauge DVB tuner.

Anybody else ?
USB IR dongle and SSH/SFTP working fine here...

But if you go back to #1010, it's all working for you again?

(2014-10-13, 01:26)Milhouse Wrote:
(2014-10-13, 01:12)pootler Wrote: Strange,

Anybody else ?
USB IR dongle and SSH/SFTP working fine here...

But if you go back to #1010, it's all working for you again?

Thanks for the reply.

rolled back to latest official build- everything works fine.

Will try your build suggestion.

O.k, not working with any of the latest at the moment. ( fine with official latest)

Works fine by using usb mouse etc.

Might be an add-on causing it- is that possible?

I don't suppose there is anyway of removing /disabling all addons en masse is there?- I have a lot of addons Smile

Thanks for your time

pootler

Re: RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 - Milhouse - 2014-10-13

(2014-10-13, 11:59)pootler Wrote: O.k, not working with any of the latest at the moment. ( fine with official latest)

Ok, what's most useful to know is the last test build when it worked.

(2014-10-13, 11:59)pootler Wrote: Works fine by using usb mouse etc.

Might be an add-on causing it- is that possible?

I don't suppose there is anyway of removing /disabling all addons en masse is there?- I have a lot of addons Smile

Thanks for your time

pootler

Just stop xbmc (systemctl stop xbmc) and rename your .xbmc folder to .xbmc.bak then restart xbmc (systemctl start xbmc) - you'll start with a fresh xbmc setup with no additional third-party addons (or movies etc.).