Kodi Community Forum
[Project] Dual Audio Output support (Nexus/Matrix/Krypton/Jarvis/Isengard/Helix/...) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: [Project] Dual Audio Output support (Nexus/Matrix/Krypton/Jarvis/Isengard/Helix/...) (/showthread.php?tid=192480)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

RE: [PATCH] Return of the Dual Audio Output support (Gotham/Frodo) - syncronized77 - 2014-12-21

Just an update after tinkering for 2+ hours...

I GOT IT TO WORK!!! But I got to say that it wasn't until page 14 that someone mentioned how to configure with the new XBMC executable :S Someone should consider placing a quick tutorial for us Windows users in the OP's original posting. Still super grateful though....

Audio 1 = Direct Sound Default - audio via HDMI to TV
Audio 2 = WASAPI Realtek Optical - audio via Toslink to 5.1 receiver/projector

After I got it to work....it took a while to get the audio to sound right though...because the audio sounded like crap the 1st time around on all devices.

Thanks to everyone at this forum...now to fix my tvs screen tearing Sad

RE: [PATCH] Return of the Dual Audio Output support (Gotham/Frodo) - CrazyCanuck - 2014-12-24

Hi,

Anyone experience any issues building for RPi using OpenELEC 4.2.1 dual audio? I'm using Ubuntu 14.04 in VirtualBox and was able to successfully compile the current release of OE. But when I try to compile OE dual audio with make release it goes on for a while and when it gets to applying patches to XBMC I get messages that patch may already have been applied and asks if I should assume -R. I entered 'n' for a number of these and then eventually process fails with make error 1.

Thanks

RE: [PATCH] Return of the Dual Audio Output support (Gotham/Frodo) - Jorsan - 2014-12-28

Not yet a solution for dual audio for Helix right?

RE: [PATCH] Return of the Dual Audio Output support (Gotham/Frodo) - extremeaudio - 2014-12-29

+1 to above, can we have a Helix build please?

RE: [PATCH] Return of the Dual Audio Output support (Gotham/Frodo) - xhbl - 2014-12-29

(2014-12-29, 13:37)extremeaudio Wrote: +1 to above, can we have a Helix build please?

Sooner or later, it will be available, just need some time and effort. Please be patient.Smile

RE: [PATCH] Return of the Dual Audio Output support (Gotham/Frodo) - Jorsan - 2014-12-29

No problem, thanks ... just asking ...Wink

RE: [PATCH] Return of the Dual Audio Output support (Gotham/Frodo) - v1n1c1uS - 2014-12-30

Waiting for Helix build Laugh

Thanks for the effort.

RE: [Project] Return of the Dual Audio Output support (Helix/Gotham/Frodo) - xhbl - 2015-01-02

Development for Helix 14.0 and OpenELEC 5.0.0 was done, enjoy!

RE: [Project] Return of the Dual Audio Output support (Helix/Gotham/Frodo) - ReMi - 2015-01-02

(2015-01-02, 08:35)xhbl Wrote: Development for Helix 14.0 and OpenELEC 5.0.0 was done, enjoy!

Great !!
Many thanks for your efford !!RoflBig GrinBig Grin

[Project] Return of the Dual Audio Output support (Helix/Gotham/Frodo) - tullm - 2015-01-02

Thank sou so mich! Have a great new Year!!!

RE: [Project] Return of the Dual Audio Output support (Helix/Gotham/Frodo) - coleborn - 2015-01-02

Thanks for the Openelec v5 build, going to give it a try tonight

RE: [Project] Return of the Dual Audio Output support (Helix/Gotham/Frodo) - Ridder - 2015-01-02

I have a Win8.1 HTPC with a Marantz receiver (HDMI).
My HTPC is running 24/7 (for downloading) and the receiver is switched off after watching.
Everytime I switch off the receiver, W8 doesn't see the receiver anymore and switched the output from 5.1 to stereo.
Next time I want to watch something again and switch on the receiver it stays on stereo and the only way to get back to 5.1 is a reboot.
Is there a way to force it to stay on 5.1?

Rebooting every time sucks.....

RE: [Project] Return of the Dual Audio Output support (Helix/Gotham/Frodo) - Sade___ - 2015-01-02

Hi,
I love the dual audio output patch. However I have a secondary problem. My tv (through hdmi) adds a small delay to the audio stream (30ms) to match it with the video output. The second output however is directly from my pc onboard audio and does not have the delay. Obviously, the experience is awful. The problem is not caused by the patch, but it may be able to provide a solution.

I'm wondering if you can add an option to put a delay to one of the outputs?

RE: [Project] Return of the Dual Audio Output support (Helix/Gotham/Frodo) - Rastan - 2015-01-03

Hi,

I just wanted to thank you for the Helix support. I have been patiently waiting and it is finally here! Blush

RE: [Project] Return of the Dual Audio Output support (Helix/Gotham/Frodo) - ubuntu-xbmc - 2015-01-03

(2015-01-02, 21:57)Sade___ Wrote: My tv (through hdmi) adds a small delay to the audio stream (30ms) to match it with the video output. The second output however is directly from my pc onboard audio and does not have the delay.

Others may have more knowledgeable responses, but as I understand it -- your problem is the crux of the reason given why this patch is a patch and isn't in baseline Kodi.

Your TV has to decode the HDMI audio signal, which takes time, causing a slight delay in audio. This delay varies from TV to TV, amplifier to amplifier, motherboard to motherboard, and can't easily be adjusted for.

I believe most users here are opting to use one audio source at a time, e.g. either TV *or* a 5.1 compatible amplifier. Turning off or muting the other source depending on their needs at the moment.

I don't know of a 'correct' easily solution to your problem. You could try to delay the audio with hardware or software. A quick Google search shows Windows-compatible SW that delays audio for recording artists, and there is definitely HW available, but both are probably too costly to be a real solution. A better solution may be to (1) arrange your audio such that you only use one audio source at a time; or (2) use 2 digital outputs (e.g. HDMI and an optical output, instead of HDMI and analog) as that may cause both outputs to have a similar delay. Of course, I'm not sure how or if that would work for you.