Kodi Community Forum
[Project] Dual Audio Output support (Nexus/Matrix/Krypton/Jarvis/Isengard/Helix/...) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: [Project] Dual Audio Output support (Nexus/Matrix/Krypton/Jarvis/Isengard/Helix/...) (/showthread.php?tid=192480)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

RE: [Project] Return of the Dual Audio Output support (Helix/Gotham/Frodo) - stopdatrue - 2015-09-10

I've just tested the patch on ubuntu trusty team-xbmc packages sources 15.1 and 15.2-rc1. It works perfectly! Thank you.

RE: [Project] Return of the Dual Audio Output support (Helix/Gotham/Frodo) - stopdatrue - 2015-09-10

(2015-09-10, 07:41)stopdatrue Wrote: I've just tested the patch on ubuntu trusty team-xbmc packages sources 15.1 and 15.2-rc1. It works perfectly! Thank you.

I did some tests and finally faced a kody's freeze and krash (on both 15.1 and 15.2-rc1 patched version):

Config:
- Audio1: HDMI 2.0 without passthrough (TV)
- Audio2: SPDIF with passthrough on SPDIF for both DD and DTS. DD re-encode is also enabled.

It successfully plays on both outputs DD-TRUEHD, DTS-HD, DD5.1 or stereo sources but freezes+krash for each time if i play any DTS5.1 source.

No krash appends without the patch testing alternatively Audio1 or Audio2 config.

I've found a workaround, patched kody don't krash if i switch audio configs:
- Audio1: SPDIF with passthrough on SPDIF for both DD and DTS. DD re-encode is also enabled.
- Audio2: HDMI 2.0 without passthrough (TV)

I picked testing videos from http://www.demo-world.eu/

I don't know if that bug is related to kodi isenguard, it will be welcome to test on OpenELEC or older versions.

Let me know if you want me to do some tests, details or krash logs.

Regards

RE: [Project] Return of the Dual Audio Output support (Helix/Gotham/Frodo) - DarkAngel2401 - 2015-09-10

I think I had the same issue long time ago with OE 3.2.4 (?) - using the same audio configuration.

[Project] Return of the Dual Audio Output support (Helix/Gotham/Frodo) - PaulCarter - 2015-09-10

(2015-09-09, 15:10)stopdatrue Wrote: I think we should create a launchpad repo for dual audio, forked from the team-xbmc's one, may be it will encourage them to merge the patch in mainline.

Good idea, I'll try to create on once I've done the merge and run some tests. Hopefully that will make it easier to keep up to date as Kodi evolves.

RE: [Project] Return of the Dual Audio Output support (Helix/Gotham/Frodo) - proper88 - 2015-09-23

For my car-hifi sound system with DSP(mosconi 4to6) i use a RPi2 with I2S with HiFiBerry Digi with optical SPDIF output
Now i use OE 5.95.5 and use kodi software volume control for optical SPDIF.

Software volume control is not optimal so my DSP is able to control the volume with same signal analog.
My idea is is to connect a USB soundcard with analog output.

So when i change the volume in kodi only the analog out should be affected, then SPDIF should be constant.(passthrough, bit perfect)

Is this possbile ?

RE: [Project] Return of the Dual Audio Output support (Helix/Gotham/Frodo) - maartenl - 2015-10-01

THANKS!

Really appreciate the Dual Audio OpenELEC build. It's a blessing in disguise. I've been wishing for this a long time.
Hope that Kodi / OpenELEC eventually will incorporate this functionality in their generic builds.

Great work!

Maarten
The Netherlands

RE: [Project] Return of the Dual Audio Output support (Helix/Gotham/Frodo) - gurabli - 2015-10-02

(2015-09-10, 15:06)PaulCarter Wrote:
(2015-09-09, 15:10)stopdatrue Wrote: I think we should create a launchpad repo for dual audio, forked from the team-xbmc's one, may be it will encourage them to merge the patch in mainline.

Good idea, I'll try to create on once I've done the merge and run some tests. Hopefully that will make it easier to keep up to date as Kodi evolves.

@PaulCarter @stopdatrue I support the idea of creating a ppa with recent version of Kodi and the DA patch applied. I would love to do it myself or to help, but I'm not to familiar with creating and maintaining ppa's, and I'm so short on time atmSad

I think we should have two ppa's: 1) with the latest official Kodi version (currently 15.2 RC2, while still adding the latest stable version too, 15.1) and 2) a version for the always upcoming main version, in this case Jarvis. The Jarvis version needs to be tested with the patch as there are some audio reworks done, it might now work anymore.

The Jarvis version is of course not a priority, but once it hits beta or RC, it might be nice to include it.

Would be great to have a version for RP1 and 2, as Pi2 is really a great little device with awesome capabilities. If you use OE on Pi, then you lose all the possibilities of adding other software to it, since it is too much closed. Not sure if ppa can be used on Raspbian. There is already Jessie version of Raspbian, and it works great.

To everybody: please note, this patch in this form will never ever be part of official Kodi code. This has been discussed several times already, and we also contacted devs few weeks ago (read back a little). This is really a "not nice" hack and they can not include. Until somebody doesn't decide to write a proper code (much harder then we thought initially), we are left with DA patch (until it works), hopefully in a separate always updated ppa and with AudioProfile switching for those who don't need simultaneous audio output (like me). Also note, using the DA patch, the two audio channels are not kept in sync (one of the main reasons this will never be part of Kodi officially). I don't really see a scenario where you would like to use both audio outputs at the same time, but who know what users want.

RE: [Project] Return of the Dual Audio Output support (Helix/Gotham/Frodo) - stevos - 2015-10-18

Is there a windows compiled version that works with Kodi 15.2 RC3?

RE: [Project] Return of the Dual Audio Output support (Helix/Gotham/Frodo) - getafix - 2015-10-19

Hi

The dual audio is superb - thanks a stack.

One query. When I select and listen to the second audio channel (Zone2 on my amp) the main audio channel defaults to DirectSound.

I use WASAPI HDMI audio with pass through on my main channel and WASAPI Audio for my second Channel without passthrough.

Regards

RE: [Project] Return of the Dual Audio Output support (Isengard/Helix/Gotham/Frodo) - noner - 2015-10-27

(2015-08-07, 10:24)gurabli Wrote: I keep thinking what purpose there would be to have simultaneous audio output for the same content, when a/v sync would really be an issue? Of course, some might use different scenarios.

My scenario is.

I use this to output audio to two wireless headphones using their own USB dongles each which my wife and I use when watching movies late at night on weekends.

In between updates to this within Kodi, I had to use Virtual Audio Cable to get the same result, which, while it works requires batch files to be put into the startup scripts to create the audio device every time the system reboots. This solution is infinitely more elegant, although I understand the way the patch is applied may not be.

The dual audio output is a key feature for me, and my use of Kodi would be pretty limited if this capability was not there because at night when we have to use headphones, only having one of us being able to listen to the audio would be a downer Smile

RE: [Project] Return of the Dual Audio Output support (Isengard/Helix/Gotham/Frodo) - Verbatrium - 2015-10-27

Hi all,

Thanks to those who have worked on this to bring it to KODI and Pi2, it really is so useful to simplify my Pi2 install for the wife/kids use.

(they now get sound if they forget to route the HiFiBerry Digi+ (SPDIF COAX) to amplifier now via hdmi to TV to Amp (TOSLINK))

RE: [Project] Return of the Dual Audio Output support (Isengard/Helix/Gotham/Frodo) - DarkAngel2401 - 2015-11-07

OpenELEC Dual Audio builds are available (link is in signature).

RE: [Project] Return of the Dual Audio Output support (Isengard/Helix/Gotham/Frodo) - RuudM - 2015-11-07

Thx, DarkAngel!

RE: [Project] Return of the Dual Audio Output support (Isengard/Helix/Gotham/Frodo) - morph027 - 2015-11-08

Thank you!

RE: [Project] Return of the Dual Audio Output support (Isengard/Helix/Gotham/Frodo) - LeeSpain - 2015-11-09

This add on is a life saver
My 80yr old mother relies on headphones to hear the tv
This has just helped her hear what we are watching

Well done for doing this