Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator (/showthread.php?tid=192662)

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - jmh2002 - 2016-03-26

I'm a little bit confused about how to get the download option to appear? Do I need to show the context menu from the item? Or does the video need to be playing? In which case how do I get the SF download option to appear?

Maybe I am not understanding something correctly ConfusedHuh

Also my skin (Xonfluence) has the ability to put a custom button on the video OSD - can I program this to be 'download with SF' ?

I need to program it in the form of a Kodi command.

THANKS Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - spoyser - 2016-03-26

(2016-03-26, 17:04)jmh2002 Wrote: I'm a little bit confused about how to get the download option to appear? Do I need to show the context menu from the item? Or does the video need to be playing? In which case how do I get the SF download option to appear?

Maybe I am not understanding something correctly ConfusedHuh

First make sure you have the latest version from my repo (1.0.49.1 I think)

Then make sure the SF Global Menu is enabled.

Then make sure the Download item is enabled on the SF Global menu.

Also make sure the download folder is set appropriately.

Then you have to be streaming a video (eg from YouTube), then open the context menu and the download option should be available at the bottom.

[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - spoyser - 2016-03-26

(2016-03-26, 17:08)jmh2002 Wrote: Also my skin (Xonfluence) has the ability to put a custom button on the video OSD - can I program this to be 'download with SF' ?

I need to program it in the form of a Kodi command.

THANKS Smile

Not at the moment, but I could probably write a script that could do it for you.

Yes I have all the criteria above set.

Pressing the C key for context menu when a youtube video is playing in full screen only puts the video into the background and shows an empty (play) list type window. No context menu is shown.

If I press C again I get a small context menu with Add to Super Favourites on it. This plus Download is all I have selected in my SF settings.

I can download to an smb folder, yes?

Can I map a skin button instead/too, like I mentioned in my other post? Will this work without needing the Global Menu? This might work better on a touchscreen too.

EDIT: I tested in stock confluence too now and I have the same situation.

Ok, I fixed it.

It seems you can't have both "Enable Global SF Menu" AND "Show SF item on a standard context menu" selected in settings.

This seems to create a conflict.

Ok now Ill do some testing, thank you. Regarding being able to program a button, yes I think that would be a nice feature and enable this function (or perhaps others from SF too) to be used without going to to the context menu Smile

(2016-03-26, 17:42)jmh2002 Wrote: Ok, I fixed it.

It seems you can't have both "Enable Global SF Menu" AND "Show SF item on a standard context menu" selected in settings.

This seems to create a conflict.

Ok now Ill do some testing, thank you. Regarding being able to program a button, yes I think that would be a nice feature and enable this function (or perhaps others from SF too) to be used without going to to the context menu Smile

Thanks for spotting that, let me know how you get in with the testing. It's a bit hit and miss depending on the nature of the source site, but YouTube definitely works (I use it a lot for that)

I'll take a look at creating a script to allow the download to be triggered as a script, might be a few days though.

Yes youtube will be useful plus a few other sites.

I see that if the Global Menu is enabled, then the C key cycles through this, the Standard Context Menu, and nothing (back to list or whatever).

But this behaviour doesn't seem to work very well on a touchscreen. In fact it seems to make you end up in a loop between the two.

Normally in a list 2 finger tap shows the Standard Context Menu, and 2 finger tap at the bottom of the list clears it. But now you get Global Menu > Standard Menu > Both, and further 2 finger taps just seem to continue in a loop.

Since it's possible to show the standard context menu on the Global Menu maybe this cycling behaviour could be turned off to prevent this issue? And, is it really necessary to cycle through like this? I found it a bit disconcerting on my PC too.

(2016-03-26, 17:46)spoyser Wrote: I'll take a look at creating a script to allow the download to be triggered as a script, might be a few days though.

THANKS Smile that would be awesome, because trying to invoke the context menu, either global or standard on the touchscreen (so again, 2 finger tap) sends the video into the background and just generally starts to make a mess.

I guess in theory it would be possible to change the keymap to include another gesture, etc, etc, but simply pressing a button on the OSD would be much simpler.

I just had a thought. Instead of you needing to make a special script, do you know if I can call the context menu (and therefore Global Menu) via a Kodi Command? That would mean that I could simply program the OSD button in Xonfluence and it would all work without you having to do anything further Smile

Ill try to find the list of Commands in the wiki.

ok here are the 2 relevant lists from earlier in your thread:

http://kodi.wiki/view/Window_IDs and http://kodi.wiki/view/List_of_built-in_functions

Can I call the window id for the context menu (Global Menu if using SF) from this programmable video OSD button in Xonfluence?

If yes, what is the command to do this?

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - spoyser - 2016-03-26

(2016-03-26, 18:21)jmh2002 Wrote: I just had a thought. Instead of you needing to make a special script, do you know if I can call the context menu (and therefore Global Menu) via a Kodi Command? That would mean that I could simply program the OSD button in Xonfluence and it would all work without you having to do anything further Smile

Funnily enough I was going to suggest that to start with, but then decided it was a bit hacky.

Any way the command you need to open the SF menu is

Code:
runscript(special://home/addons/plugin.program.super.favourites/capture.py)

I'll look into the touchscreen behaviour see what I can find, although might be a bit tricky as my grand daughter broke my tablet earlier today Sad (Kids eh!)

Ok the concept works, but I guess I haven't quite got the command correct.

I tried ActivateWindow(10106) and I get a small box pop up but it's empty. I'll keep trying I guess Smile

(2016-03-26, 18:43)spoyser Wrote:
(2016-03-26, 18:21)jmh2002 Wrote: I just had a thought. Instead of you needing to make a special script, do you know if I can call the context menu (and therefore Global Menu) via a Kodi Command? That would mean that I could simply program the OSD button in Xonfluence and it would all work without you having to do anything further Smile

Funnily enough I was going to suggest that to start with, but then decided it was a bit hacky.

Any way the command you need to open the SF menu is

Code:

I'll look into the touchscreen behaviour see what I can find, although might be a bit tricky as my grand daughter broke my tablet earlier today Sad (Kids eh!)

Ah, much better than my lame attempt! Rofl

Code:

I can confirm that this code works perfectly when used as the Kodi Command for the programmable video OSD button in Xonfluence. Its doesn't seem hacky at all (to a user), its the same as pressing the C key, but just via the OSD. In fact it seems more integrated like this. Its REALLY awesome now, direct from the OSD!

Regarding the cycling behaviour between the Global and Standard menus (either with a touchscreen or not) it would be nice to just turn it off, but you may have other thoughts.

THANKS for all things. Have a nice Easter Smile Smile

Just to advise one more thing about having the Global Menu enabled with a touchscreen device (or at least on my iPad1, so maybe an iOS issue) and the 2 finger tap gesture, it also means that this gesture seems to be blocked in other windows.

eg: if you have an Addon Information window open, normally you use a 2 finger tap to back out of this, but it no longer works.

The same applies when trying to exit the OTTV EPG - ie: I can't exit...

(2016-03-26, 20:40)jmh2002 Wrote: Just to advise one more thing about having the Global Menu enabled with a touchscreen device (or at least on my iPad1, so maybe an iOS issue) and the 2 finger tap gesture, it also means that this gesture seems to be blocked in other windows.

eg: if you have an Addon Information window open, normally you use a 2 finger tap to back out of this, but it no longer works.

The same applies when trying to exit the OTTV EPG - ie: I can't exit...

Does the SF menu still appear via the osd button if it is switched off in the SF settings?

Can you just try one more thing. Instead of the 2 finger tap, can you try a long press instead, see how that behaves.

- Long press in an Addon Info Screen causes the SF Global Menu to pop up for a moment, but then it disappears again.
- Long press in the OTTV EPG doesn't seem to do anything

- With SF Global Menu disabled in settings, unfortunately no the Global Menu does not appear via the OSD button. Instead the video is put into the background and shows an empty (play) list type window (ie: normal 2 finger tap type behaviour).